Random acts of kindness.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mind_Mover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mind_Mover
Member since 2005 • 1489 Posts

Would you help a geek out at school who has fallen over, and the whole croud is laughing? (you don't know him)

What is your most recent act of kindness?

Two days ago i gave a homeless man a sandwich and a coke. Never give them money if they ask for food, food will do.

Would you spend a few minutes of your life to help a stranger?

wackont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wackont
Member since 2009 • 33 Posts
well now that im a bit older...yes but when i was in highschool id probably go with the crowd -cant remember my last random act of kindness -
joelgargan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 joelgargan
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

Some girl at JB HIFI was swearing whilst looking under "P" in "Metal/Hard Rock"

I asked what she was looking for, she said Porcupine Tree.

I showed her that stupid JB HIFI put PT in Popular and we talked about how good they are for like 5 minutes.

I scored some NUMBERAGE!

Not: I do not work at JB HIFI.

Ceraby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Ceraby
Member since 2009 • 3306 Posts

Would you help a geek out at school who has fallen over, and the whole croud is laughing? (you don't know him)

- No but that's because I would probably be the geek on the floor that everyone was laughing at .

- I do the usual charity thing, I put a bit of money in donation boxes and in plates of street performers. Recently, I'd have to say this morning. I helped out another interviewee who was going to take this oral exam after me. Gave her a few tips and some encouragement before she took the same exam. But felt like a bit of a sucker afterwards.

- Yes. But only a few minutes. I'd help them out for an hour if I had nothing better to do and if I was extremely bored.And if it wasn't too out of my way.

Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
No I'm one of them laughing :P.
shyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shyskillz
Member since 2006 • 4197 Posts
everyday i give money to some homeless or an in need person. i know some might be frauds but i don't judge because in my opinion.....times must be really hard if you have to swollow your pride and beg for meal. the money i give is nothing..5 bucks 10 or 20, it always comes back 2 times more.
nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts

My day doesnt feel complete unless i do some act of kindness, it doesnt have to be witnessed either. Although i picked the option to kick and punch everyone to teach them a lesson, it just gave me a good laugh so i had to go with it.

nolan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 nolan-
Member since 2002 • 7050 Posts
I've always like the idea of pretending to be homeless and begging for a living. Real homeless people don't have many resources available to them to be able to pull it off that well. They just stand there with a cup or crappy sign (frankly they just get in the way of the true non-homeless, just trying to earn an honest dollar without having to work for it). Me on the other hand... I could really sell it. You know, some people do that for a living. They do alright too.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
Member since 2004 • 4403 Posts

For me it would depend on what kind of laughter. If its the kind where the guy is generally likable but only the fact that he tripped was the cause for laughter then it may be considered acceptable to help the guy up. If however the person is dislikable and the cause of laughter is WHO tripped over, then it would give cause to approach the situation differently.

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

I tend to give and lend things to people a lot. I guess it could be cause I find it hard to talk about my feelings and express love for people. Its my way of showing I care, I suppose.

SerbWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 SerbWarrior
Member since 2009 • 459 Posts

I'd teach everyone a lesson, kick the kid, then punch people in the croud,lol,i just had to go for this one!

Kudos to the writer...

Anyway,random act of kindness?

Hm,depends how you define it.

But i guess 2 weeks back,my friend got into a fight with another dude in school,he didnt want to fight,so i jumped in...

And yes,i got my ass kicked!

:)

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
Yep I'd help him. Yesterday when I was in London I gave a cigarette to a couple of homeless people and gave them 2 quid for a coffee.
Mind_Mover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mind_Mover
Member since 2005 • 1489 Posts

Yep I'd help him. Yesterday when I was in London I gave a cigarette to a couple of homeless people and gave them 2 quid for a coffee.tofu-lion91
oh i see, you little devil you. You give a guy a cancer stick then give him some change to make it look good, very sneaky.

-Misanthropic-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Misanthropic-
Member since 2009 • 3603 Posts

No, I'd probably be laughing >_>

I don't remember

Two days ago i gave a homeless man a sandwich and a coke. Never give them money if they ask for food, food will do.

I don't give them anything.

I don't trust strangers.

Mind_Mover

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
oh i see, you little devil you. You give a guy a cancer stick then give him some change to make it look good, very sneaky.Mind_Mover
Lol he asked for a ciggy and I gave him the change cause his mate was really old and looked cold bless him.
luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
I helped a lost stranger find the bus depot a few days ago. I'm a good boy.
hokies1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 hokies1313
Member since 2005 • 13919 Posts
I would help the poor kid out. Why not? I don't know what the last random act of kindness I last did is.
tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts

The last time I remember doing such a thing was when I hopped the fence out of school way back then, as I walked through the sidewalk on my way home this old man in a wheelchair told me if I can help him out get him to another street since no one wanted to help him. So I agreed to take him to his destination.

proud722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 proud722
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts

None of them, I'd feel bad for them but they just tripped. It happens, they should be fine. Unless they actually managed to really hurt them self when they tripped then I'd like to think I'd help if someone else didn't first.

Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Famiking
Member since 2009 • 4879 Posts
1. I don't like being in the spotlight, but I don't make fun of geeks (neither does anyone at my school >_>). I would be nice to him when I'm around him. Acts of kindness to me are not random >_> And thus I do not remember my last act of kindness XD