• 154 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by airshocker (28980 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

No its not. I remember reading a British study some three years ago establishing the claim that starving cells can help boost cell regeneration, which is why old people are advised not to eat a lot since their cell regeneration rate is the lowest and they can use any boost they can get.

Yes, it is. When you starve your body you force it to eat whatever it can from your stores(fat and muscle). That isn't healthy.

I don't know what backwards ass medicine you're thinking of but I have NEVER heard any doctor tell an elderly person to eat less. Never. I have three doctors in my family(two uncles and an aunt) and they always tell my grandfather he needs to eat more, not less.

#52 Posted by GazaAli (22494 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

No its not. I remember reading a British study some three years ago establishing the claim that starving cells can help boost cell regeneration, which is why old people are advised not to eat a lot since their cell regeneration rate is the lowest and they can use any boost they can get.

Yes, it is. When you starve your body you force it to eat whatever it can from your stores(fat and muscle). That isn't healthy.

I don't know what backwards ass medicine you're thinking of but I have NEVER heard any doctor tell an elderly person to eat less. Never. I have three doctors in my family(two uncles and an aunt) and they always tell my grandfather he needs to eat more, not less.

I doubt you're an expert on metabolism and nutrition so I shall refrain from receiving medical advice from you.

Actually its not backwards ass medicine at all. In fact, I might call your stand on the issue ass backwards seeing how it basically relies on "Body needs food, food is good for body, therefore, no food is bad for body" rationale that is expected from a 10 years old, without even attempting to be open to other possibilities.

Consider the following resources they may change your mind:

Fasting for three days can regenerate entire immune system, study finds

Starving cancer cells with a Ketogenic Diet

STUDY SHOWS PUTTING AGGRESSIVE CANCER ON A STARVATION DIET SLOWS TUMOR GROWTH

Why Starving Cells Prolong Life

#53 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2455 posts) -

Same to you , my friend :-)

#54 Edited by airshocker (28980 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

I doubt you're an expert on metabolism and nutrition so I shall refrain from receiving medical advice from you.

Actually its not backwards ass medicine at all. In fact, I might call your stand on the issue ass backwards seeing how it basically relies on "Body needs food, food is good for body, therefore, no food is bad for body" rationale that is expected from a 10 years old, without even attempting to be open to other possibilities.

More of an expert than you, that's for sure. Not only did I take nutrition in college, but I also received training on it in the military.

You have cited studies that talk about how fasting, specifically during chemotherapy, could be useful. Fine. That doesn't show that fasting in general is good for you. There is a difference between responsibly consuming calories in an attempt to jump start your body's metabolism(dieting) and fasting(severely cutting the amount of food you consume). Your body isn't meant to go long periods without food. How can I say that? Because when you're hungry your stomach grumbles. That is your body TELLING YOU to eat food. It is the reason why food and not, say, sunlight gives us energy.

It's ridiculous that I have to explain this to you.

#55 Posted by sukraj (22066 posts) -

Ramadan to all my friends

#56 Posted by hippiesanta (9793 posts) -

Argh,. worst month of the year if you live in an Islamic country. there is absolutely nothing " mubarak" about it.

I think I know where u location...... but will not mention it for your privacy... lol

In my case .... I was stop by (blank) in a cafe eating because they think I'm a (blank) because I look like a bearded (blank).

but other than that everthing is fine ...... can't wait for eid ..... their food are freaking delicious

#57 Posted by elkoldo (1006 posts) -

@VaguelyTagged said:

Argh,. worst month of the year if you live in an Islamic country. there is absolutely nothing " mubarak" about it.

I think I know where u location...... but will not mention it for your privacy... lol

In my case .... I was stop by (blank) in a cafe eating because they think I'm a (blank) because I look like a bearded (blank).

but other than that everthing is fine ...... can't wait for eid ..... their food are freaking delicious

Everybody here knows where he is ,he's said that explicitly.Anyway WTF happened to you're English man ? This text is full of errors.You weren't like that before.

#58 Edited by always_explicit (2702 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@GazaAli said:

More of an expert than you, that's for sure. Not only did I take nutrition in college, but I also received training on it in the military.

You have cited studies that talk about how fasting, specifically during chemotherapy, could be useful. Fine. That doesn't show that fasting in general is good for you. There is a difference between responsibly consuming calories in an attempt to jump start your body's metabolism(dieting) and fasting(severely cutting the amount of food you consume). Your body isn't meant to go long periods without food. How can I say that? Because when you're hungry your stomach grumbles. That is your body TELLING YOU to eat food. It is the reason why food and not, say, sunlight gives us energy.

I have been "fasting" for the last 5 years of my life and I have never been healthier. I eat two calorie heavy meals during a 5 hour eating window I leave myself in the evening. The only difference between now and my pre fasting days is the fact that now my body fat is incredibly low, my muscle retention is fantastic and my energy levels are constant and maintained rather than craving food to continue. Your stomach grumbles because it opperates under the assumption you eat regular meals at regular times. It takes less than 1 week to break that cycle. Its simply a case of retraining your body.

Its society that told us to eat 3 square meals a day, its living in a modern society were food is easily accessible that allows us to follow this with ease. Not so long ago it would have been very normal to wake up....hunt all day long then come home to a camp with a wild animal to chow down on. Providing you are consuming the appropriate amount of food the period of time you go without it (during a 24 hour period) s largely insignificant as your body adapts to that change.

#59 Edited by BossPerson (9433 posts) -

@heguain said:

Ramadan Mubarak/Kareem! :)

nice work against belgium

#60 Posted by comp_atkins (31257 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@VaguelyTagged said:

You're such a downer man. The month does have its drawbacks in a considerable number of Islamic countries, it would be disingenuous to argue otherwise. But to say that there's absolutely nothing mubarak about it is a grave injustice against the month. I mean here I am stuck in a blazing hot hellhole, with no AC, no electricity half of the day, fasting for 16 hours a day without drinking any tea/coffee or smoking and while having to wake up early everyday for certain labors and chores and yet I'm feeling rejuvenated most of the time.

In the spirit of the month, I shall pray for you to come back to the light :3

AC fucking rules.

#61 Posted by ad1x2 (5500 posts) -

I remember the last time when I was in Afghanistan we were practically ordered not to eat in front of the locals during Ramadan regardless of your religion. Not that it was that hard to get out of sight and the ones that worked on base and were allowed to come in the dining facility just didn't go for breakfast and lunch.

#62 Posted by BSC14 (3652 posts) -

RAMADAN MUBARAK to all the muslims around the world and on gs

All you guys saying "Ramadhan Mubarak", are you Muslims? And if so are you as supportive at Christmas, Easter, Good Friday and so on?

I just find it interesting is all.

#63 Edited by jasean79 (2356 posts) -

@BSC14 said:

@chursibilla said:

All you guys saying "Ramadhan Mubarak", are you Muslims? And if so are you as supportive at Christmas, Easter, Good Friday and so on?

My thoughts exactly.

#64 Posted by BSC14 (3652 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@BSC14 said:

@chursibilla said:

My thoughts exactly.

It would explain a few things about this forum. :)

#65 Edited by -Sun_Tzu- (17384 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@BSC14 said:

@chursibilla said:

My thoughts exactly.

#66 Edited by airshocker (28980 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

@airshocker said:

@GazaAli said:

I have been "fasting" for the last 5 years of my life and I have never been healthier. I eat two calorie heavy meals during a 5 hour eating window I leave myself in the evening. The only difference between now and my pre fasting days is the fact that now my body fat is incredibly low, my muscle retention is fantastic and my energy levels are constant and maintained rather than craving food to continue. Your stomach grumbles because it opperates under the assumption you eat regular meals at regular times. It takes less than 1 week to break that cycle. Its simply a case of retraining your body.

Its society that told us to eat 3 square meals a day, its living in a modern society were food is easily accessible that allows us to follow this with ease. Not so long ago it would have been very normal to wake up....hunt all day long then come home to a camp with a wild animal to chow down on. Providing you are consuming the appropriate amount of food the period of time you go without it (during a 24 hour period) s largely insignificant as your body adapts to that change.

No, you've been dieting. You've been lowering your caloric intake only marginally. That's not the same as fasting.

Your stomach growls because it's hungry. Has nothing to do with the timing of meals.

Not so long ago those very people would also eat food as they came across it.

And I never said anything about eating three square meals a day being the right course of action. I have a large breakfast, a small lunch and a small dinner, in which I eat whatever fruits and snacks I can get my hands on that fit into how many calories I need a day. The fact still remains that fasting is extremely unhealthy.

#68 Posted by dave123321 (33750 posts) -

Ramadan Kareem

#69 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (849 posts) -

Just because you do things that your body isn't used to doesn't mean it's bad for you. When you lift weights for an extended period of time, you will feel a burning in whatever area you're working out; that's your muscles tearing from the stress. Or when you do cardiac exercise, you'll sweat a lot because your heart rate causes your body heat to rise dramatically. But these are not unhealthy activities. It's simply conditioning the body

It's no different when it comes to fasting. It can be done in a healthy manner and when it is, it is simply conditioning the body to preform without caloric intake. If constantly eat whenever you're hungry, then your body will adjust to constantly be hungry, and if you don't satisfy it quickly, your body will not preform nearly as well as someone who has conditioned their body through fasting.

If you think it's ridiculous to explain to us, explain it to the 80% of nutritionists who think binge/fasting is one of the most effective means of weight control.

#70 Posted by airshocker (28980 posts) -

@airshocker said:

Just because you do things that your body isn't used to doesn't mean it's bad for you. When you lift weights for an extended period of time, you will feel a burning in whatever area you're working out; that's your muscles tearing from the stress. Or when you do cardiac exercise, you'll sweat a lot because your heart rate causes your body heat to rise dramatically. But these are not unhealthy activities. It's simply conditioning the body

It's no different when it comes to fasting. It can be done in a healthy manner and when it is, it is simply conditioning the body to preform without caloric intake. If constantly eat whenever you're hungry, then your body will adjust to constantly be hungry, and if you don't satisfy it quickly, your body will not preform nearly as well as someone who has conditioned their body through fasting.

If you think it's ridiculous to explain to us, explain it to the 80% of nutritionists who think binge/fasting is one of the most effective means of weight control.

Doing something your body isn't used to isn't the same thing as doing something it isn't meant to. Your body is meant to continuously consume calories and turn them into energy. Doing otherwise is unhealthy because it puts strain on everything else in your body: You require more oxygen, your heart beats a little bit faster, your blood sugar drops, and instead of burning the food you've just eaten your body starts to eat its reserves.

Simply choosing when you eat and don't eat ISN'T fasting. I think that's the main problem some of you are having.

#71 Posted by ChuRsiBilLa (96 posts) -

@BSC14 said:

@jasean79 said:

@BSC14 said:

@chursibilla said:

My thoughts exactly.

It would explain a few things about this forum. :)

yes most of us are Muslims. i dont know about the others. and i also respect every religion and its festivals

#72 Posted by helwa1988 (2077 posts) -

@VaguelyTagged:

Non Muslims are not forced to fast in muslim countries. The only thing is you're not allowed to eat or drink in public places during the day. But eating at home or private offices is fine. I've lived in the middle eats for over 10 years.

#73 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

Doing something your body isn't used to isn't the same thing as doing something it isn't meant to. Your body is meant to continuously consume calories and turn them into energy. Doing otherwise is unhealthy because it puts strain on everything else in your body: You require more oxygen, your heart beats a little bit faster, your blood sugar drops, and instead of burning the food you've just eaten your body starts to eat its reserves.

Simply choosing when you eat and don't eat ISN'T fasting. I think that's the main problem some of you are having.

Isn't that exactly what we want for weight loss, for lowering our cholesterol level and isn't that exactly what our body does when it exercises?? Quite an oxymoron you are.

#74 Posted by helwa1988 (2077 posts) -

There sure are a lot of haters on this thread. Fasting is supposed to instill empathy for those who have no food and have less than you. Instead we got jokers turning it into something bad.

#75 Posted by faizanhd (176 posts) -

There sure are a lot of haters on this thread. Fasting is supposed to instill empathy for those who have no food and have less than you. Instead we got jokers turning it into something bad.

Its the same everywhere. Everyone has a civil conversation until someone has to feel insecure and start spouting garbage for no reason.

#76 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10118 posts) -

@VaguelyTagged:

Non Muslims are not forced to fast in muslim countries. The only thing is you're not allowed to eat or drink in public places during the day. But eating at home or private offices is fine. I've lived in the middle eats for over 10 years.

i know they're not forced to fast; i live in Iran! the problem here (and in most Islamic countries for that matter) is that people are actually getting arrested and punished for eating/drinking/smoking in public. here in Iran, you would get into serious trouble if you were caught doing any of those even in a deserted alley or something.

#77 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@helwa1988 said:

@VaguelyTagged:

i know they're not forced to fast; i live in Iran! the problem here (and in most Islamic countries for that matter) is that people are actually getting arrested and punished for eating/drinking/smoking in public. here in Iran, you would get into serious trouble if you were caught doing any of those even in a deserted alley or something.

that's just plain bad. Iran needs to revise it's laws.

#78 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10118 posts) -

@VaguelyTagged said:

@helwa1988 said:

@VaguelyTagged:

that's just plain bad. Iran needs to revise it's laws.

Iran needs to change from head to toe. this place is fucked.

#79 Edited by toast_burner (21423 posts) -

@helwa1988 said:

Which is odd because I'm getting more of a feeling of smugness and self righteousness from most of the Muslims in this thread.

Maybe the intentions behind fasting are good, but the execution of it clearly isn't. You're the first person in this thread to even mention the poor. everyone else has only focused on themselves and their own health.

#80 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@helwa1988 said:

Which is odd because I'm getting more of a feeling of smugness and self righteousness from most of the Muslims in this thread.

Maybe the intentions behind fasting are good, but the execution of it clearly isn't. You're the first person in this thread to even mention the poor. everyone else has only focused on themselves and their own health.

because everyone directed the thread towards that. See the posts by airshocker? that's where it started.

#81 Edited by alim298 (1196 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@helwa1988 said:

So I guess it's hard for you to comprehend that fasting has not just one purpose. Actually I was going to say that all along but figured that some idiot might come and say: "Instead of having empathy for them go to Africa and actually help those poor kids." And to be honest with you I'm getting the feeling that if you had not caught this fish you would have tried for this other one and that of all OT members YOU would be the one to say that to me. Your post is the most hateful of all those posts.

#82 Posted by toast_burner (21423 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@helwa1988 said:

because everyone directed the thread towards that. See the posts by airshocker? that's where it started.

No he didn't. Looking back on the thread it started when you said there are no drawbacks only benefits. If the purpose was to make you emphasis with the poor there must be drawbacks, unless you think that being poor is great. It seems you don't do it to emphasis with the poor but for your own personal self centred gain and enjoyment.

#83 Posted by GazaAli (22494 posts) -

@BSC14 said:

@chursibilla said:

What a peculiar thing to say giving the context of the topic. Ramadan is an Islamic occasion so naturally we Muslims congratulate each other on the occasion. Why would we be as supportive on Christmas, Easter and/or Good Friday, considering they're not Islamic occasions meaning that we don't really relate to them? Regardless, I congratulate Christians on Christmas whenever I come into contact with them around Christmas time. I congratulate OTers on Christmas and other non-Islamic occasions and celebrations even though OT has a habit of defecating on every topic pertaining to an Islamic holiday or ceremony, just like this topic for instance.

#84 Posted by GazaAli (22494 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

Your confidence in your superior knowledge on nutrition is presumptuous and unsubstantiated. Just because you took a course about nutrition in college and received some training on it in the military does not make you an authority on the subject matter and more importantly it doesn't automatically make you more of an expert on nutrition than I am. For all you know I may have majored in nutrition in college or have read and studied more than a dozen of big, thick books on the subject.

I'm not sure whether you're playing dumb or you really didn't apprehend the contents of the studies I provided. Only two of the studies provided talk about fasting and how it relates to cancer treatment. The other two talk about how fasting prolongs life and regenerates one's immune system. In these two studies researchers specifically examined fasting, not dieting and not "responsibly consuming calories". Now you seem to be unconvinced. Until you do your own research, get it peer reviewed and successfully publish it somewhere I'm inclined to have more confidence in those studies than in your yelling.

Frankly I'm kind of appalled by your overly simplistic and shallow take on the issue of fasting and nutrition in general. Its a viewpoint to be expected from a 10 years old kid who's understanding of the world and of the human body does not go beyond "food is good for you, eat your vegetables and drink your milk".

#85 Edited by jasean79 (2356 posts) -

Oh, knock it off. You act as if "derailing of threads" is something new here. And while yes, fasting is supposed to teach Muslims to empathize with those less fortunate, it's NOT the ONLY reason they do. Ramadan is a time for spiritual reflection, abstaining from food, sex, and hateful speech and behavior.

#86 Posted by indzman (17189 posts) -

I'll die if i've to fast even for a day , i'm a pampered son of my parents =P. Good for you guys who do fast , Its something i can NEVER EVER do lol.

#87 Posted by alim298 (1196 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@helwa1988 said:

Oh, knock it off. You act as if "derailing of threads" is something new here. And while yes, fasting is supposed to teach Muslims to empathize with those less fortunate, it's NOT the ONLY reason they do. Ramadan is a time for spiritual reflection, abstaining from food, sex, and hateful speech and behavior.

OK and how many times do you see Easter threads, Christmas threads etc. go off the rail? It's a month we celebrate without ever harming anyone or anyone's feeling just like Christmas or Hanaka. It's not an Independence day thread nor is it a Memorial day thread yet still people out of no reason come here just to insult Muslims.

@jasean79 said:

@BSC14 said:

@chursibilla said:

My thoughts exactly.

I posted in both the Independence day thread and Memorial day thread even though everyone around me tells me that I should hate U.S. I didn't post in Christmas or Easter threads mostly due to the fact that both those holidays coincide with my exams every year.

#88 Edited by GazaAli (22494 posts) -

Wow I didn't know we Muslims make so many people this butthurt. I feel exaggerated.

#89 Posted by jasean79 (2356 posts) -

@alim298: I think it's safe to say that people love to insult religions in general on this thread. It's a sad reality on here. My comment was directed more in question as to those who aren't Muslim and if they are responsive to threads based on Christian holidays as they are of Muslim ones. I guarantee if I posted something about "Good Friday to all my fellow Christians" on this forum, it would not be received as well as this one from non-believers.

#90 Posted by BSC14 (3652 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@alim298: I think it's safe to say that people love to insult religions in general on this thread. It's a sad reality on here. My comment was directed more in question as to those who aren't Muslim and if they are responsive to threads based on Christian holidays as they are of Muslim ones. I guarantee if I posted something about "Good Friday to all my fellow Christians" on this forum, it would not be received as well as this one from non-believers.

Oh no, if you posted a good Friday topic here that thread would be on fire with hate from the lefties. It would be twice as bad as this one for sure.

#91 Posted by dave123321 (33750 posts) -

@jasean79: why are you making this thread about your precived Christian plight?

#92 Posted by dave123321 (33750 posts) -

@GazaAli: people sure can be children sometimes

#93 Posted by lostrib (34199 posts) -

@BSC14 said:

@jasean79 said:

Oh no, if you posted a good Friday topic here that thread would be on fire with hate from the lefties. It would be twice as bad as this one for sure.

Do left handed people hate Christians or something?

#94 Posted by jasean79 (2356 posts) -

@jasean79: why are you making this thread about your precived Christian plight?

I'm not. I elaborated on the question posed by BSC14.

#95 Edited by airshocker (28980 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

Your confidence in your superior knowledge on nutrition is presumptuous and unsubstantiated. Just because you took a course about nutrition in college and received some training on it in the military does not make you an authority on the subject matter and more importantly it doesn't automatically make you more of an expert on nutrition than I am. For all you know I may have majored in nutrition in college or have read and studied more than a dozen of big, thick books on the subject.

I'm not sure whether you're playing dumb or you really didn't apprehend the contents of the studies I provided. Only two of the studies provided talk about fasting and how it relates to cancer treatment. The other two talk about how fasting prolongs life and regenerates one's immune system. In these two studies researchers specifically examined fasting, not dieting and not "responsibly consuming calories". Now you seem to be unconvinced. Until you do your own research, get it peer reviewed and successfully publish it somewhere I'm inclined to have more confidence in those studies than in your yelling.

Frankly I'm kind of appalled by your overly simplistic and shallow take on the issue of fasting and nutrition in general. Its a viewpoint to be expected from a 10 years old kid who's understanding of the world and of the human body does not go beyond "food is good for you, eat your vegetables and drink your milk".

First off, I don't make any criticism about your knowledge on any matter since I have no idea where you've been educated, or what classes you've taken. I make determinations based solely on what you post. So when I tell you I've actually been educated in certain areas it's extremely disrespectful to try and tell me that because of what I've learned I'm being presumptuous or that my claims of education are unsubstantiated. No, I will not scan a copy of my transcripts for you nor do I expect anybody to do that for me. You'll just have to trust that I'm not lying over something as trivial as taking several college courses on the matter. If you don't have that trust then don't bother responding to me. If you were to tell me you also have formal education on nutrition, then I would take back what I've said. You haven't said anything of the sort, so I'm going to assume that you have no such education. That's not being presumptuous. That's taking all available information and coming to a conclusion with it.

Secondly, you don't have to have confidence in what I say. That doesn't change the fact that fasting as it is currently defined isn't good for you. If you're using some other definition of fasting then it's on you to tell me what that definition is. Also, your appeals to authority are pathetic. Just because someone did a study and had it published holds absolutely no merit on what we're discussing right now.

Finally, nutrition is fairly simple in theory. What you're doing is misrepresenting what I've said. No where did I say nutrition is as simple as "eat food, especially vegetables, drink your milk and you'll be A-OK". That is a fabrication of your own making. What I have said is fasting is bad for you for a multitude of reasons. You can scroll up and see what those reasons are. That is a fact.

#96 Posted by airshocker (28980 posts) -

@airshocker said:

Isn't that exactly what we want for weight loss, for lowering our cholesterol level and isn't that exactly what our body does when it exercises?? Quite an oxymoron you are.

And the second you eat after you fast your body turns all that food into the reserves that it has eaten. So you have basically destroyed any effort at losing weight and burning fat.

#97 Posted by dave123321 (33750 posts) -

@jasean79: it seems less like clarifying someone else's point and more about just expanding upon it and making the same point on your own. A point that seems to be made out of insecurity given the thread.

#98 Posted by GazaAli (22494 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

First off, I don't make any criticism about your knowledge on any matter since I have no idea where you've been educated, or what classes you've taken. I make determinations based solely on what you post. So when I tell you I've actually been educated in certain areas it's extremely disrespectful to try and tell me that because of what I've learned I'm being presumptuous or that my claims of education are unsubstantiated. No, I will not scan a copy of my transcripts for you nor do I expect anybody to do that for me. You'll just have to trust that I'm not lying over something as trivial as taking several college courses on the matter. If you don't have that trust then don't bother responding to me. If you were to tell me you also have formal education on nutrition, then I would take back what I've said. You haven't said anything of the sort, so I'm going to assume that you have no such education. That's not being presumptuous. That's taking all available information and coming to a conclusion with it.

Secondly, you don't have to have confidence in what I say. That doesn't change the fact that fasting as it is currently defined isn't good for you. If you're using some other definition of fasting then it's on you to tell me what that definition is. Also, your appeals to authority are pathetic. Just because someone did a study and had it published holds absolutely no merit on what we're discussing right now.

Finally, nutrition is fairly simple in theory. What you're doing is misrepresenting what I've said. No where did I say nutrition is as simple as "eat food, especially vegetables, drink your milk and you'll be A-OK". That is a fabrication of your own making. What I have said is fasting is bad for you for a multitude of reasons. You can scroll up and see what those reasons are. That is a fact.

Did you take a moment and read what you wrote before hitting the submit button? Because I have to say it appears that you did not. You explicitly stated that you are more of an expert on nutrition than I am and went on to attempt and substantiate that claim through mentioning your college courses and military training. No where in my reply did I try to refute your claims or question their authenticity so I'm not sure where your rants about scanned transcripts and disrespect are coming from. The supposed source of your presumptuousness is that claim that you opened your reply with, not the statement that you took a nutrition course on college and received some training on the subject matter in the military. To flagrantly and blatantly state that you're more of an expert on the subject of this topic is tantamount to criticism about and derision of my knowledge on it, specially when you have nothing to back up your allegation.

My appeal to several scientific studies that support my stand on fasting is pathetic? Well you can be really humorous sometimes. Considering the fact that neither of us is an authority on the subject matter and we both lack the thorough understanding and the substantial experience on it all we can do is to argue and appeal to scientific authorities in case of a failure to reach a consensus in order to validate and consolidate our respective perspectives. You don't have to take it at face value or bow down to it, but its certainly not pathetic.

You don't get to dictate what is fact. You my friend lacks the faculties for that, and you lack the knowledge, the education and possibly the intellect for it. Whether nutrition is simple or not in theory is not up to you to decide. You haven't provided a single evidence that supports any of the claims that you made so far in this topic. Therefore, that makes them claims not facts. Just because you prefer to yell and put your fingers in your ears isn't conducive to more legitimacy and substantiation for your stands and claims. Quite the contrary in fact. I mean I'm surprised an adult is writing this, it is perplexing.

#99 Posted by airshocker (28980 posts) -

Gaza, this is off-topic, but do you know when there are rocket attacks happening against Israel? Can you hear them?

#100 Edited by jasean79 (2356 posts) -

@jasean79: it seems less like clarifying someone else's point and more about just expanding upon it and making the same point on your own. A point that seems to be made out of insecurity given the thread.

Nah, if I wanted to make a thread on my own of the topic I would.

And who's insecure? Definitely missed the mark on that one.