This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by fnevaeva (497 posts) -
#2 Posted by konvikt_17 (22133 posts) -

never heard of him.

#3 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
I listened to him when I was 3.
#4 Posted by lamprey263 (22843 posts) -
I bet he's spent decades molesting children.
#5 Posted by mrbojangles25 (31985 posts) -

what is a Raffi?

#6 Posted by travisstaggs (10536 posts) -

I love the parody The Simpsons did of him.

#7 Posted by Jimn_tonic (819 posts) -

ring ring ring ring ring....

#8 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -
#9 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

I bet he's spent decades molesting children.lamprey263

I spent 10 years as a preschool/special ed teacher.  Everyone that ever made the assertion that men working with young children are child molesters were all incredibly stupid people.

#10 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Also Fred Penner >>>> Raffi
#11 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
I spent 10 years as a preschool/special ed teacher.  Everyone that ever made the assertion that men working with young children are child molesters were all incredibly stupid people.GummiRaccoon
Well, technically men are statistically much more likely to be child molesters, so it is a safe stupid assumption to make.
#12 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]I spent 10 years as a preschool/special ed teacher.  Everyone that ever made the assertion that men working with young children are child molesters were all incredibly stupid people.Zeviander
Well, technically men are statistically much more likely to be child molesters, so it is a safe stupid assumption to make.

It's about 1/3 women and 2/3 men most being familial abuse.

I can't find the numbers but there are so few men in ECE that I would estimate it to be >5% from my personal experience.  The last district I worked for had 1 other male preschool teacher and everyone just assumed I knew him.

Just by the fact that 1/3 of molesters are female and than so few men are in ECE the chances of a female teacher being a molester are higher.

#13 Posted by Im_single (5134 posts) -

Listening to Raffi brings me right back to Preschool. Up in Canada during my preschool days in the early 90's, Raffi was on repeat all day err'day. 

#14 Posted by Iszdope (9570 posts) -

Rafa is the man too.

Into another final he is!

Vamos Rafa!

#15 Posted by binpink (9095 posts) -

Baby beluga! 
Good stuff, I watched one of his movies all the time.