This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by br0kenrabbit (12763 posts) 4 months, 30 days ago

Poll: Radio: DJs or no? (3 votes)

DJs 100%
No 33%

I almost exclusively listen to internet radio these days, be it Pandora or something like 1.fm. In the car, if I even have music going I just listen to my own playlists, and the reason is that the ad time on terrestrial radio about equals the amount of time they spend playing music. Fuck that.

However, I do miss DJs, especially local ones. They add a personal flair to the broadcast, deliver relevant local information (concerts and goings on) and of course you can call them. These pre-programmed internet radio stations, while great for music, just seem a bit too sterile.

So how do you stand on the DJ issue? Do you even care?

#1 Posted by Iszdope (9535 posts) -

Don't care.

Don't listen to radio.

#2 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

I've actually never cared for DJs.

When I listen to radio all I wanna hear is music. No talking, no commercials, nothing. Just music.

#3 Posted by Master_Live (13931 posts) -

I've actually never cared for DJs.

When I listen to radio all I wanna hear is music. No talking, no commercials, nothing. Just music.

This, I always say: "if I wanted to listen people talk I would switch to am". Specially in the morning, who the hell wanna listen to some guy talk at 7:00am? Just give me the damn music. Too bad, now ALL I listen is to am radio.

#4 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9369 posts) -

I havent heard any radio stations (other than NPR, but that not music) in like a decade.

I never cared for radio stations, and when i got my first car I just had a mp3 plug into it.

#5 Posted by lamprey263 (22610 posts) -

I like college radio stations as they tend to play new music from lesser known artists but they pick good stuff.

#6 Edited by platinumking320 (663 posts) -

For me its pretty much NPR, or I'm cranking old school hip hop, jungle, grunge and 70's funk usually.

As long as theres something interesting or curious to be learned, and theres some balance to the discussion, then hell yeah I'll listen to talk radio.

Could be perspectives on politics or local issues, that rarely anyone on prime time news TV or internet soapboxes pay attention to.

Cool Science or untold history

Could be interviews from a familiar artist. (Liked hearing The RZA and Quentin Tarantino on Fresh Air)

#7 Edited by Serraph105 (27700 posts) -

With the exception of Alice Cooper I don't really care about Radio DJ's.

#8 Posted by dave123321 (33566 posts) -

I don't mind