"Ted" the movie, what did you think?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts
Just came back from it, and wow, it felt very meh It just seemed to be Family Guy: The Movie, and I'm not a fan of family guy. Cheap laughs and random scenes arent my thing What did you think OT
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts
[QUOTE="JIT93"]Just came back from it, and wow, it felt very meh It just seemed to be Family Guy: The Movie, and I'm not a fan of family guy. Cheap laughs and random scenes arent my thing What did you think OT

Did you not expect Family Guy/Everything Seth Macfarlane type humor from a Seth Macfarlane movie? That was your first mistake.
JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="JIT93"]Just came back from it, and wow, it felt very meh It just seemed to be Family Guy: The Movie, and I'm not a fan of family guy. Cheap laughs and random scenes arent my thing What did you think OT

Did you not expect Family Guy/Everything Seth Macfarlane type humor from a Seth Macfarlane movie? That was your first mistake.

I did expect it, and I initially did not want to watch it buy my friends wanted to watch it and they won :(
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts
[QUOTE="JIT93"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="JIT93"]Just came back from it, and wow, it felt very meh It just seemed to be Family Guy: The Movie, and I'm not a fan of family guy. Cheap laughs and random scenes arent my thing What did you think OT

I did expect it, and I initially did not want to watch it buy my friends wanted to watch it and they won :(

As a person who enjoys Family Guys and that type of humor, I can say that I enjoyed it quite a bit. Just saw it earlier today myself. The humor didn't kill itself through the movie by becoming repetitive like many TV Humor does when translating to the much longer version on the big screen. So to at least enjoy it if not like it a lot more, it seems a matter of whether you like the type of humor or not.
dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dooly420
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
Were you sober when you watched it?
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
I could tell this just from seeing part of a trailer.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts
Meh I don't find the Family Guy humor all that funny, the show is astronomically overrated. Would rather watch Pixar's Brave or even Madea to be honest.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Honestly, I thought it was very funny. "BACK OFF SUSAN BOYLE"

"You can sing every song from the 90's with just vowels."

His use of pop culture references really is excellent.

Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts

Meh I don't find the Family Guy humor all that funny, the show is astronomically overrated. Would rather watch Pixar's Brave or even Madea to be honest. Blazerdt47

Tyler Perry or Nancy Grace? I can't decide

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

i can tell from the trailer it was going to be terrible

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"] Meh I don't find the Family Guy humor all that funny, the show is astronomically overrated. Would rather watch Pixar's Brave or even Madea to be honest. Jackboot343

I'll end up watching Ted anyway, I get free movies.
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts
[QUOTE="Jackboot343"]

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"] Meh I don't find the Family Guy humor all that funny, the show is astronomically overrated. Would rather watch Pixar's Brave or even Madea to be honest. Blazerdt47

I'll end up watching Ted anyway, I get free movies.

the fvck are you typing in bold for
Shadow4020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shadow4020
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts

I thought it was pretty funny. With Macfarlane you know what you're getting: crude humor, pop culture references, and a few cutaways. I actually cared about the characters and that's more than I can say for other comedies.

I highly recommend it.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
Meh I don't find the Family Guy humor all that funny, the show is astronomically overrated. Would rather watch Pixar's Brave or even Madea to be honest. Blazerdt47
+1, family guy has gone so downhill since the first 3-5 seasons. it's not funny at all anymore.
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#15 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14422 Posts

Good movie. Enjoyed it a lot.

I love the idea of banging your co-worker on the produce your store sells to customers and getting promoted :lol:

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
It was fun to watch a funny movie once in a while.. I liked it.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
I haven't seen it but since it's a Seth Macfarlane movie it sucks.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

It was pretty much what I expected, and I had a fun time. It was very Family Guy-esque, but I didn't mind at all. That being said, I'm not a huge Family Guy fan, but I enjoy it in small doses.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Looked awful from the trailers.

RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

I avoid anything that Seth Macfarlane has made, except for maybe some American Dad episodes. I really hate Family Guy and the Cleveland Show, terrible overrated shows.

''how can you hate a show??'' you might ask. Well, it keeps getting aired on Comedy Central while other great shows could've been aired instead.

But as for the movie, I might watch it for free when I'm very drunk. Otherwise not.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#21 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

I really like Family Guy, especially the older episodes, but the trailers I was for Ted weren't funny so it isn't a priority.

Sedin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sedin44
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts

I loved it. Seth Macfarlane is a genius. Unfortunatly this is turning into another thread with people whining about family guy going down hill. I think its funny how people complain about all the cutaways, the crude humor ect. I guess what I would suggest to all of those people is they either watch something else or grow a pair and do something like Seth did and start his own show from scratch, coming up with character designs and doing the voices of multiple characters. I mean its probably not too hard for some of you who seem to have a much better sense of what a funny cartoon would be.

Also, Macfarlane is worth over $100M so clearly what hes doing is working. And if I was him, I would use it as a tool to voice my opinions too with a lil Pat Tillman tackled by his own team humor for good measure. Whammy.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

I'm not a fan of crude humor or pop culture references but my friends wanted to see it. We all walked out a bit disappointed. It felt like a long, coherent, and "good" episode of Family Guy. That in turn explains all it's shortcomings and merits. It made me laugh two or three times and the fact it was coherent kept me interested (unlike Family Guy) but the humor itself was about as dry and uninspired as it always is with Seth McFarlane. His jokes aren't even jokes. He just references something in pop culture negatively and suddenly it's funny to some people. You can get the same laughs from reading Youtube comments.

I do like the political undertones of some of his shows (especially American Dad - by far his best work yet if you look at the later seasons), but for the most part the humor in the references is lost on me. I'd give Ted a solid 2 stars out of 4.

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts

I went to see Ted last Friday but there was a power outage in the middle of the movie, so I didn't get to finish it. I got a free ticket to return, but I'm not sure if I want to go back and finish it.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
Is this MAX PAYNE 2 (movie) ?
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

It was a good movie.

ninjastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ninjastar
Member since 2003 • 9589 Posts

Looks horrible. Will not see.

Captain52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Captain52
Member since 2008 • 448 Posts
Haven't seen it yet, not sure if I'm interested in seeing it or not. While Family Guy isn't that good currently, I find American Dad to be even worse, I really hate that show.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

if you have make a twitter joke in your movie then i'll pass and wait for it to show up on netflix

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
I'm not sure on it, Not a fan of Seth other than American Dad series 3 onwards but then again that is because he doesn't write for American Dad any more.
LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
It was exactly what I expected it would be like, a long episode of Family Guy. And like a long episode of Family Guy, it got some good jokes in here and there, but had a lot of misses as well. It did however, manage to spread its hits throughout the whole film, instead of fizzling out towards the end (like many comedies that I've seen). All the actors seemed to be having a good time though, which is always a plus. I'd say if you are a fan of McFarlane's humor, and can get some buddies together to go see it, you should have a decently fun time. Anyone who doesn't fit those categories, or is expecting anything resembling a smart or innovative comedy, will be severely disappointed.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
I see its now hipster to hate family guy :P The movie was pretty decent, 7/10, worth a watch, esp if you've had a few like I did when I saw it
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Unless my best friend wants to see it I'll pass on it.

CKYguy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CKYguy25
Member since 2012 • 2087 Posts

i recently saw this movie, this was just not funny at all, stick to Family Guy