"Romney a greater threat to the world than Obama".....

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -

Alright, right off the bat I'm not saying I believe this or not, but I have a debate soon and this is the motion. My team has been put to oppose this, so we are on the side of Romney. Now, I'm not a Romney supporter, but could someone who does want to see him in power please give me some points, because I'm stumped. Is something I can put him above Obama on, in relation to this?

Thanks

#2 Posted by Aljosa23 (25135 posts) -

Oh this thread has the potential to be hilarious.

#3 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -
Well you could argue that the Obama-approved drone strikes kill innocent people. (I personally think Romney would be just as bad in that area but since he hasn't been President yet that can't be proven. )
#4 Posted by sSubZerOo (43216 posts) -
You could argue that Obama's refusal to face Iran directly could lead to a pre-emptive strike of theirs on neighboring countries (such as Iraq and Israel) which could claim millions of lives.. Though I personally think that's a absolute bullsh!t point that it would not happen.. But hey you asked for something..
#5 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -
Well you could argue that the Obama-approved drone strikes kill innocent people. (I personally think Romney would be just as bad in that area but since he hasn't been President yet that can't be proven. )JML897
You could argue that Obama's refusal to face Iran directly could lead to a pre-emptive strike of theirs on neighboring countries (such as Iraq and Israel) which could claim millions of lives.. Though I personally think that's a absolute bullsh!t point that it would not happen.. But hey you asked for something.. sSubZerOo
These could work, thanks
#6 Posted by ClassicRockFTW (994 posts) -

Alright, right off the bat I'm not saying I believe this or not, but I have a debate soon and this is the motion. My team has been put to oppose this, so we are on the side of Romney. Now, I'm not a Romney supporter, but could someone who does want to see him in power please give me some points, because I'm stumped. Is something I can put him above Obama on, in relation to this?

Thanks

SteverXIII

holy crap do you live in ireland?

#7 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -
yes he does
#8 Posted by LordQuorthon (5350 posts) -

Mormon with nukes...

#9 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -

Mormon with nukes...

LordQuorthon
aren't mormons christians?
#10 Posted by LordQuorthon (5350 posts) -

[QUOTE="LordQuorthon"]

Mormon with nukes...

Jandurin

Kind of. I can say "Christian with nukes." Would that make you happy? The difference between Mormons and most assorted Christians is that Mormons take their crap, like, really, really, really seriously, which, by definition, is dangerous.

#11 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -
oh definitely don't want a fanatic in office
#12 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -

[QUOTE="SteverXIII"]

Thanks

ClassicRockFTW

Yeah. How'd you know?
#13 Posted by ClassicRockFTW (994 posts) -

[QUOTE="ClassicRockFTW"]

[QUOTE="SteverXIII"]

Thanks

SteverXIII

Yeah. How'd you know?

What school do you go to?

We're doing the exact same motion thats why.

#14 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -

[QUOTE="SteverXIII"][QUOTE="ClassicRockFTW"]

ClassicRockFTW

Yeah. How'd you know?

One in mayo. I think it might be a general motion, in the sense that everyone gets the same topic across the country but each school gets oppose/for
#15 Posted by Abbeten (2898 posts) -
Obama's refusal to take a hard stance with Iran has disrupted the balance of power in the region and seen Iran well on the road to nuclear power, which could be used preemptively against Israel. His disregard for national sovereignty with drone strikes in Pakistan have done more harm than good since one in four of the people killed are civilians, and the attacks make people more likely to join a terrorist organization.
#16 Posted by comp_atkins (31476 posts) -
romney's killed less americans than obama. so there's that.
#17 Posted by hiphops_savior (7945 posts) -
[QUOTE="LordQuorthon"]

Mormon with nukes...

Jandurin

They are as Christian as Muslims are.
#18 Posted by ClassicRockFTW (994 posts) -

[QUOTE="ClassicRockFTW"]

[QUOTE="SteverXIII"] Yeah. How'd you know? SteverXIII

One in mayo. I think it might be a general motion, in the sense that everyone gets the same topic across the country but each school gets oppose/for

>mayo
>Implying you're not a culchie

#19 Posted by MarcRecon (5864 posts) -

The political platform is a joke, it's just a tool used to keep the masses diverted from the real people pulling the strings behind Obama and Romney!!! It's time to play catch up people......"HEY CANADA" you guys got room for one more!!!! lol:P

#20 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -
Implying you're not a culchieClassicRockFTW
!!!!! What about you, what county?
#21 Posted by Blue-Sky (10333 posts) -

Greater threat...?

Neither of them are threats, whats with the hyperbolic terms?

#22 Posted by MarcRecon (5864 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="LordQuorthon"]

Mormon with nukes...

hiphops_savior

Even though "MOST" Christians, Muslims and even Zionist don't get along today they all share father Abrahams promise. Most of the people(a very small minority)who know this don't get caught up in all of the conflict.

#23 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -

[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"][QUOTE="Jandurin"] aren't mormons christians?MarcRecon

Even though "MOST" Christians, Muslims and even Zionist don't get along today they all share father Abrahams promise. Most of the people(a very small minority)who know this don't get caught up in all of the conflict.

what about non-religious people
#24 Posted by Allicrombie (25239 posts) -
[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"] They are as Christian as Muslims are.Jandurin

they're going to burn for all eternity. easy.
#25 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -
they're going to burn for all eternity. easy.Allicrombie
AT LEAST I WON'T BE COLD edit: that emote is trash
#26 Posted by MarcRecon (5864 posts) -

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"] They are as Christian as Muslims are.Jandurin

I'm not sure what you are asking....?

#27 Posted by MarcRecon (5864 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

Allicrombie

they're going to burn for all eternity. easy.

:P....that wasn't nice

#28 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

MarcRecon

idk anything about abraham or whatever promise he made does that mean i should or shouldn't conflict
#29 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -

Neither of them are threats, whats with the hyperbolic terms?

Blue-Sky

Well it depends how you look at it. I'm sure people in Pakistan see them as threats.

#30 Posted by MarcRecon (5864 posts) -

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="Jandurin"] what about non-religious peopleJandurin

idk anything about abraham or whatever promise he made does that mean i should or shouldn't conflict

Stop being lazy....the informatiom is easy to look up!! I'll give you the "VERY" short version....Abraham is the father of the Zionist and Muslim nations and God made a promise to him about his future children.

#31 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -
does this mean i'm religious now :o
#32 Posted by Slow_Show (2153 posts) -

I guess you could try the "Romney will be a better steward of the economy because of his more free-market approach and experience at Bain Capital" argument, based on the idea a strong American economy will alleviate some of the economic issues in Europe (and even China, to an extent). It has the slight downside of being demonstrably not true (on account of how much bananash*t insane policy has made its way into his platform to appease the far-right), but if you do your research and word your argument just right you can probably pull it off.

#33 Posted by ClassicRockFTW (994 posts) -

[QUOTE="ClassicRockFTW"]Implying you're not a culchieSteverXIII
!!!!! What about you, what county?

Dublin ofcourse.

#34 Posted by JLCrogue (6042 posts) -

Here's a good one: President Obama signed the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act, which allows the military to indefinitely detain you without probable cause. This act is not only tyrannical, but clearly unconstitutional.

Here's what the ACLU has to say about it: http://www.aclu.org/national-security/president-obama-signs-indefinite-detention-bill-law

#35 Posted by Abbeten (2898 posts) -

Here's a good one: President Obama signed the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act, which allows the military to indefinitely detain you without probable cause. This act is not only tyrannical, but clearly unconstitutional.

Here's what the ACLU has to say about it: http://www.aclu.org/national-security/president-obama-signs-indefinite-detention-bill-law

JLCrogue
Got a few words for you. Veto-proof majority.
#36 Posted by Blue-Sky (10333 posts) -

JLCrogue

But the NDAA has strong republican support. Wouldn't Romney have signed it as well?

This topic is illogical because you can condemn one person for one thing but that doesn't translate to what the other person would have done in the same shoes. The only proper comparison you can make on Romney and Obama at this point are their ethics, their ideologies and religious devotion.

#37 Posted by mingmao3046 (2492 posts) -
obama committed treason with fast and furious
#38 Posted by cslayer211 (833 posts) -
Obama is downsizing the U.S. Military with massive cuts agreed to by Republicans and Democrats, and he is disarming America of nuclear weapons. He also doesn't view Israel as an ally, just going by his actions, and it's clear that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Obama are not friends (while Romney and Netanyahu have been great friends for years.)
#39 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -
Thanks a lot for these guys, they will come in handy,
#40 Posted by ClassicRockFTW (994 posts) -

Thanks a lot for these guys, they will come in handy,SteverXIII

handy when? when youre ploughing potatoes?

#41 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -

[QUOTE="SteverXIII"]Thanks a lot for these guys, they will come in handy,ClassicRockFTW

no no no he's gonna get out of his podunk town
#42 Posted by Dylan_11 (11293 posts) -
jand why you quit
#43 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -
jand why you quitDylan_11
what do you think you're doing
#44 Posted by Dylan_11 (11293 posts) -
I SAID JAND WHY YOU QUIT answer dylan
#45 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -

[QUOTE="SteverXIII"]Thanks a lot for these guys, they will come in handy,ClassicRockFTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwLvNWwwyVM&t=28s
#46 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
why is the title in quotes? your the one saying it. I agree i take obama over romney but really i take someone else over romney or obama
#47 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -
[QUOTE="Dylan_11"]I SAID JAND WHY YOU QUIT answer dylan

fine D3NNY stole my powers illegitimately when I got them back legitimately
#48 Posted by Dylan_11 (11293 posts) -
oh he nooblet'd you sad come home
#49 Posted by Jandurin (95544 posts) -
[QUOTE="Dylan_11"]oh he nooblet'd you sad come home

never
#50 Posted by Dylan_11 (11293 posts) -
MALCOLM BURGER KING JONES YOU COME HOME THIS INSTANT