"Looper" is out today! - Anyone hyped?

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by lo_Pine (5048 posts) -
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"]So I just saw it and its very mediocre. Was disappointed.Allicrombie
dosen't look anywhere near as good as Source Code.

What's a little funny is that they seem to drive 2010s Silverados in the year 2044. I mean, it was ok. But they introduced something I never thought the movie would be about but it ends up to be the main force behind the plot.
#52 Posted by DavesAlt (965 posts) -
Really liked it. Did go in a direction that may not be for everyone.
#53 Posted by kris9031998 (7554 posts) -
Watched earlier. Great movie.
#54 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28019 posts) -
It was a solid sci-fi flick. Had a few problems, like.. [spoiler] How the people capturing Willis are about as inept as possible. The first time, when it's in his present time, it didn't bother me that much. When he guns down everyone like he's in the Expendables 2, however.. [/spoiler] Also, the slow-mo kid shots were unintentionally hilarious.
#55 Posted by almasdeathchild (9517 posts) -

wouldn't say i'm hyped but it's definently on my list of go see movies

#56 Posted by Human-after-all (2968 posts) -
Phenomenal movie. Probably the best and most successful use of time travel considering it is such a centric part of the movie.
#57 Posted by DavesAlt (965 posts) -
Phenomenal movie. Probably the best and most successful use of time travel considering it is such a centric part of the movie. Human-after-all
Have you seen Primer?
#58 Posted by PinkiePirate (2086 posts) -

No because JGL is an extreme liberal douche bag.TonyDanzaFan

You are missing out! Shouldn't let politics get in the way of entertainment. It's silly.

#59 Posted by IdioticIcarus (2242 posts) -

I really really liked it.

#60 Posted by rocinante_ (1666 posts) -

just came back from seeing. i thought it was really good overall, but here are some of my gripes:

[spoiler] jgl's character falls onto a car in the beginning of the movie but suffers no noticeable injuries. i mean, he caved in the rooftop, and then we see him sprinting several scenes later.

they say that they created loopers because they can't kill anyone in the future because of some sort of tagging system. this just seems unbelievable in the world they present, because there seems to be no order at all. jeff daniels' character even uses the police during the hunt for jgl and bruce willis. so who would actually care if people were getting killed, and why would it be that big of a issue? hell, they even kill bruce willis' wife in the future.

[/spoiler]

#61 Posted by Pffrbt (6492 posts) -

Saw it today, it was fantastic. I hope it becomes a cIassic.

#62 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20823 posts) -
[spoiler] When he guns down everyone like he's in the Expendables 2, however.. [/spoiler] Also, the slow-mo kid shots were unintentionally hilarious.sammyjenkis898
Listen sammy.......[spoiler] those Asian action movies you've always been clamoring to see aren't a work of fiction. His years in Shanghai taught him well [/spoiler]
#63 Posted by KC_Hokie (16099 posts) -

No

5N55G35J63G73M33Ibc9q221ea5c6077b1328.jp

#64 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10124 posts) -
Seen it. It's fvcking awesome.
#65 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Went to see it yesterday, it was pretty good.

#66 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
I want to see it.
#67 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13932 posts) -

Looper was a pretty good movie, I'd give it a 9/10 in comparison to the 11/10 for The Master.

also:
Hey Aji, did you wet yourself when you saw this:
BOND-BD-LAYFLAT-EXPLODED-PACKSHOT1-610x3

#68 Posted by xdude85 (4330 posts) -
Never even heard of it.
#69 Posted by Aljosa23 (24623 posts) -

Hey Aji, did you wet yourself when you saw this:

BOND-BD-LAYFLAT-EXPLODED-PACKSHOT1-610x3

TheFallenDemon

Yeah...can't afford it though. Saving up my money for In The Mood For Love on Blu-Ray this Tuesday and two games on October 9th.

Will pick up GoldenEye, though. Want so hard.

#70 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

Just came back from it. I thought it was okay.

The movie is wayyy overrated though. It was good but not THAT good. I thought the premise was great but the execution felt lacking. The story ends up completely different than what I thought it would be.

#71 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

I saw it this evening. I had seen the positive reviews, so I was expecting it to be pretty good, but I had only seen the TV trailers, and there's so much more to the movie beyond that. I really enjoyed it.

#72 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

Just came back from it. I thought it was okay.

The movie is wayyy overrated though. It was good but not THAT good. I thought the premise was great but the execution felt lacking. The story ends up completely different than what I thought it would be.

Blazerdt47

I liked the fact that it goes in a direction that I nor many others didn't see coming.

#73 Posted by Bloodseeker23 (8338 posts) -
Can't wait to see it this Tuesday....
#74 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

just came back from seeing. i thought it was really good overall, but here are some of my gripes:

[spoiler] jgl's character falls onto a car in the beginning of the movie but suffers no noticeable injuries. i mean, he caved in the rooftop, and then we see him sprinting several scenes later.

they say that they created loopers because they can't kill anyone in the future because of some sort of tagging system. this just seems unbelievable in the world they present, because there seems to be no order at all. jeff daniels' character even uses the police during the hunt for jgl and bruce willis. so who would actually care if people were getting killed, and why would it be that big of a issue? hell, they even kill bruce willis' wife in the future.

[/spoiler]

rocinante_

Yeah...[spoiler] That was my slight problem with the plot. The entire thing is based around Loopers because it's so difficult to kill and dispose of a body in the future. Then they just go and kill Bruce Willis' wife like its nothing. Additionally killing and disposing of bodies is difficult in the future, but their solution is to engage in time travel, something that is supposedly in that time period heavily illegal and extremely prohibited, but I mean that's a lesser complaint, I guess if time travel is harder to trace then it's a safer law to break. [/spoiler]

#75 Posted by JoGoSo (455 posts) -

This was getting great reviews but the audience scores are lower than I would thought.

Is this more philosophical than action packed?

This is going to be a weird year for films. There's seems to be a few of them that are hard to grasp judging by assessments at film festivals. Life of Pi & Cloud Atlas seem to be different too.

#76 Posted by Aljosa23 (24623 posts) -

Saw it today.

HNGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hype met so hard

#77 Posted by FrostyPhantasm (8521 posts) -
I really liked it but i agree with the plot hole that other people posted in their spoiler tags that i won't mention, but other than that and some un-intentionally funny scenes, i thought it was really good, met expectations. Between that and Dredd, it was a good week for movies :3
#78 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
Never even heard of it.xdude85
#79 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -
I saw this earlier and it isnt nearly as bad as the trailer makes it out to be. There are some parts that I think could have been handled better, but overall, it was an enjoyable experience.
#80 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

I was pretty hyped before I saw it because Rian Johnson was writing/directing it, as I really liked Brick and The Brothers Bloom, watching it was a no brainer. plus it's got Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

I saw it, and I thought it was pretty damned good.

#81 Posted by Solid_Tango (8609 posts) -

i'm all hyped about it but my country starts showing it on oct 11 :(

punkpunker
Same here:(
#82 Posted by DavesAlt (965 posts) -

[QUOTE="rocinante_"]

[/spoiler]

TacticalDesire

Yeah...[spoiler] That was my slight problem with the plot. The entire thing is based around Loopers because it's so difficult to kill and dispose of a body in the future. Then they just go and kill Bruce Willis' wife like its nothing. Additionally killing and disposing of bodies is difficult in the future, but their solution is to engage in time travel, something that is supposedly in that time period heavily illegal and extremely prohibited, but I mean that's a lesser complaint, I guess if time travel is harder to trace then it's a safer law to break. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] I think that killing the wife was a major screw up on the part of the shooter. Hence the burning of the house to cover it up. It seemed to be something that happened in the heat of the moment and not something that they were okay with. [/spoiler]
#83 Posted by Aljosa23 (24623 posts) -

I saw this earlier and it isnt nearly as bad as the trailer makes it out to be. There are some parts that I think could have been handled better, but overall, it was an enjoyable experience.Allicrombie
The trailers made it look bad? da fvck, which trailers were you watching?

#84 Posted by DavesAlt (965 posts) -
Jand did not like the feel of the trailer either. People like diffrent things.
#85 Posted by Aljosa23 (24623 posts) -

Not like =/= Bad

You should know the difference.

#86 Posted by DavesAlt (965 posts) -
You seem to be very confused
#87 Posted by Aljosa23 (24623 posts) -

I'm afraid I can't let you think that Dave.

200px-HAL9000.svg.png

#88 Posted by DavesAlt (965 posts) -
They are showing that at the theater near me soon. Guess I will go.
#89 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13932 posts) -

It's okay. Several good movies have had bad trailers such as Robocop, Fargo, Ghostbusters, and Drive.

#90 Posted by DavesAlt (965 posts) -
But the TC is baffled that someone would think the movie looked awful judging from the trailer.
#91 Posted by DavesAlt (965 posts) -

Not like =/= Bad

You should know the difference.

Aljosa23
But yes you are correct that jand did not really seem to be saying that it looked bad.
#92 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28019 posts) -
#93 Posted by Brosephus_Rex (507 posts) -

I kinda want to see it again, which NEVER happens for these kinds of films (see film once for plot and move on).

#94 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9325 posts) -
Looks like a pretty cool flick.
#96 Posted by DavesAlt (965 posts) -
#97 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

So is it good?

#98 Posted by Jd1680a (5917 posts) -
Saw this movie in the theater today. I really liked it.
#99 Posted by m3rksec (6 posts) -
Nope. Not at all.