"It's best to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jm4847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 jm4847
Member since 2006 • 3535 Posts

Do you agree with this statement?

The issue about whether the pain of having your heart broken and your dreams shattered is worth the joy has always fascinated me, but I'm still not able to find an answer or a way to deal with the potential pain.

a55assin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 a55assin
Member since 2005 • 7603 Posts
I'd rather never have felt love..if it was love. I still can't get over it...and it was like a week long..God damn you for reminding me.
PercivalCox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 PercivalCox
Member since 2007 • 985 Posts
Total horse shhht!
kylekatarn10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 kylekatarn10
Member since 2005 • 2818 Posts
Meh, I have loved before. Though I think this phrase is completetely and utterly stupid to say the least...
yamum2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 yamum2
Member since 2007 • 5879 Posts
Yes i do agree with that statement.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

The issue about whether the pain of having your heart broken and your dreams shattered is worth the joy has always fascinated me, but I'm still not able to find an answer or a way to deal with the potential pain.

jm4847
Whoever said that bulls*** was obviously never in love.
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lobster_Ear
Member since 2005 • 5428 Posts
The statement is true. The loneliness of never feeling love can be way worse. At least if you have had your heart broken you feel human and you can tell that you have once loved another being. People whom have never loved get really depressed and it can even lead to suicide. Having your heart broken may hurt temporarily, but it is nothing compared to the feeling of not having a heart to be broken in the first place.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts
no, i dont.  Id rather spend all my days alone than to ever be given a glimmer of hope and just as quickly have it snatched from my very hands...
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

jm4847

No, that's like saying it's better to be a loser and have a taste of that which you cannot have instead of avoiding the desire. Or it's better to have had some cocaine and get cutt off than never have been addicted to it in the first place.

Love & Sex are a drugs. Once you get it you stop chasing after it or looking for it. But if you never had it, it means nothing, because you don't what you are missing. So you don't care.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lobster_Ear
no, i dont. Id rather spend all my days alone than to ever be given a glimmer of hope and just as quickly have it snatched from my very hands...Def_Jef88
No you wouldn't. Believe me. Being alone may feel good for awhile (maybe even years), but sooner or later the depression and emptiness will get you.
TehAirHendrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TehAirHendrix
Member since 2006 • 1130 Posts
Yeah....... what's with the dumbass posts tonight? They're supposed to get bettah. Ah damnn....
Matthew_Kaeser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Matthew_Kaeser
Member since 2002 • 13493 Posts
Love is highly overrated... Perhaps I am only saying that because my wife of 10 years no lobger loves me and we are getting a divorce.
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lobster_Ear
[QUOTE="jm4847"]

The issue about whether the pain of having your heart broken and your dreams shattered is worth the joy has always fascinated me, but I'm still not able to find an answer or a way to deal with the potential pain.

MagnumPI

No, that's like saying it's better to be a loser and have a taste of that which you cannot have instead of avoiding the desire. Or it's better to have had some cocaine and get cutt off than never have been addicted to it in the first place.

Love & Sex are a drugs. Once you get it you stop chasing after it or looking for it. But if you never had it, it means nothing, because you don't what you are missing. So you don't care.

Humans desire love and sex even if they have never had it. So that is a bad comparison.
1337_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 1337_ownage
Member since 2006 • 1668 Posts
no, i dont. Id rather spend all my days alone than to ever be given a glimmer of hope and just as quickly have it snatched from my very hands...Def_Jef88
very true...especially the really long relationships and be destroyed with a couple of words.....
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"]no, i dont. Id rather spend all my days alone than to ever be given a glimmer of hope and just as quickly have it snatched from my very hands...Lobster_Ear
No you wouldn't. Believe me. Being alone may feel good for awhile (maybe even years), but sooner or later the depression and emptiness will get you.

ive been alone for a long time, trust me.  I did feel depression and emptiness, but i got over it...
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts
It's a great quote, and I agree with it.
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lobster_Ear
[QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"]no, i dont. Id rather spend all my days alone than to ever be given a glimmer of hope and just as quickly have it snatched from my very hands...Def_Jef88

ive been alone for a long time, trust me. I did feel depression and emptiness, but i got over it...

May I ask how long? You will desire love again sooner or later. It is human nature. You can't fight it.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"]no, i dont. Id rather spend all my days alone than to ever be given a glimmer of hope and just as quickly have it snatched from my very hands...Lobster_Ear

ive been alone for a long time, trust me. I did feel depression and emptiness, but i got over it...

May I ask how long? You will desire love again sooner or later. It is human nature. You can't fight it.

about 3 years...
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MagnumPI

[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"]no, i dont. Id rather spend all my days alone than to ever be given a glimmer of hope and just as quickly have it snatched from my very hands...Lobster_Ear

Yes, Sooner or later depression is gonna get ya. Sooner or later depression is GONNA GET YA!! Then sooner or later love is gonna get ya, LOVE IS GONNA GET YA!! Then you at that point you might as well face it.. you're addicted to love.

See, the songs speak the truth.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lobster_Ear
[QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"]no, i dont. Id rather spend all my days alone than to ever be given a glimmer of hope and just as quickly have it snatched from my very hands...Def_Jef88

about 3 years...

That's nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"]no, i dont. Id rather spend all my days alone than to ever be given a glimmer of hope and just as quickly have it snatched from my very hands...Lobster_Ear

about 3 years...

well i dont need anybody, and i never will.  Loneliness doesent bother me.  People bother me
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MagnumPI
[QUOTE="MagnumPI"][QUOTE="jm4847"]

The issue about whether the pain of having your heart broken and your dreams shattered is worth the joy has always fascinated me, but I'm still not able to find an answer or a way to deal with the potential pain.

Lobster_Ear

No, that's like saying it's better to be a loser and have a taste of that which you cannot have instead of avoiding the desire. Or it's better to have had some cocaine and get cutt off than never have been addicted to it in the first place.

Humans desire love and sex even if they have never had it. So that is a bad comparison.

Well.. I didn't desire it as much as I do now. All I knew is that other people did it and wanted. I had no idea why they were desprate for it. I do now. Then I learned because it's a damn drug. You don't want to lose your supply.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lobster_Ear
[QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"]no, i dont. Id rather spend all my days alone than to ever be given a glimmer of hope and just as quickly have it snatched from my very hands...Def_Jef88

about 3 years...

well i dont need anybody, and i never will. Loneliness doesent bother me. People bother me

You say that now. 5 to 10 more years without love or any sexual contact and you will have a whole different perspective.
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lobster_Ear
[QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="MagnumPI"][QUOTE="jm4847"]

MagnumPI

Well.. I didn't desire it as much as I do now. All I knew is that other people did it and wanted. I had no idea why they were desprate for it. I do now. Then I learned because it's a damn drug. You don't want to lose your supply.

It all depends on how long you go without it. I will admit that in a way sex can be like a drug, but LOVE is different. People desire love. It is human instinct to want to be loved and give love.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"]no, i dont. Id rather spend all my days alone than to ever be given a glimmer of hope and just as quickly have it snatched from my very hands...Lobster_Ear

about 3 years...

well i dont need anybody, and i never will. Loneliness doesent bother me. People bother me

You say that now. 5 to 10 more years without love or any sexual contact and you will have a whole different perspective.

i doubt it...  I have a few close friends and thats all i need.
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lobster_Ear
[QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"]no, i dont. Id rather spend all my days alone than to ever be given a glimmer of hope and just as quickly have it snatched from my very hands...Def_Jef88

about 3 years...

i doubt it... I have a few close friends and thats all i need.

Well, if you can go the rest of your life without even having the desire to be loved then I give you props because you would have then disproved human nature.
jm4847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 jm4847
Member since 2006 • 3535 Posts
Love is highly overrated... Perhaps I am only saying that because my wife of 10 years no lobger loves me and we are getting a divorce. Matthew_Kaeser
Yeah that might make you a bit biased.
You say that now. 5 to 10 more years without love or any sexual contact and you will have a whole different perspective.Lobster_Ear
That's a good point actually. Is the necessity of love like drug addiction, or just part of human nature? Can we get over it?
Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Fortier
Member since 2004 • 7728 Posts

I wouldn't know, so I can't say.

...Damn, why did I bother posting at all...

MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MagnumPI
[QUOTE="MagnumPI"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="MagnumPI"][QUOTE="jm4847"]

Lobster_Ear

It all depends on how long you go without it. I will admit that in a way sex can be like a drug, but LOVE is different. People desire love. It is human instinct to want to be loved and give love.

Ahh, you mean comfort. Which depends on what type of person you are. Some people don't need it and some don't want it because they have set themselves for enough disappointments within their lifetime. Life is much easier when everyone is a customer and it's all business. Attatchment just leads to breakdown.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lobster_Ear
[QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="MagnumPI"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="MagnumPI"][QUOTE="jm4847"]

MagnumPI

Ahh, you mean comfort. Which depends on what type of person you are. Some people don't need it and some don't want it because they have set themselves for enough disappointments within their lifetime. Life is much easier when everyone is a customer and it's all business. Attatchment just leads to breakdown.

Believe it or not people that just have "customers" end up being some of the most depressed people out there because they feel empty. Love is temporary. Just because you don't want it does not mean that you don't need it.You just need to face the fact that almost 90% of the time you will not stay with the person you love. Humans were not meant to stay with one person forever. That does not mean you do not need love though. Just like love, the breakdown is also temporary. You will get over it and love again. You need love. It's just the way of life.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Yes.