"Gun Control" that isnt directed towards handguns will not do anything

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Gun control is a myth as long as you can make your own untraceable guns.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

no-scope-AK47

Homemade guns? Not everyone can make there own guns.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 no-scope-AK47

[QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"]

tenaka2

Get metal go to machine shop

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#104 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="dave123321"]education is keyjimkabrhel

Yup, and I agree with Adam too, for once. All this assault ban crap won't do anything significant except make a certain segment of the population feel better.

Isn't that all we need?
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"]

no-scope-AK47

Get metal go to machine shop

Cool, I did realise it was that easy.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Its difficult to take you seriously on this issue as you spend your time 'Pimping you ride' gun style and posting pics of your gun mods online.

tenaka2

It's difficult to take any of you liberals seriously when you would rather propose measures that harm the rights of law-abiding gun owners instead of actually doing something that would make a difference.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Its difficult to take you seriously on this issue as you spend your time 'Pimping you ride' gun style and posting pics of your gun mods online.

airshocker

It's difficult to take any of you liberals seriously when you would rather propose measures that harm the rights of law-abiding gun owners instead of actually doing something that would make a difference.

Your a gun lover we get it, Yeehaw.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 no-scope-AK47

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

People like to defend themselves.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

no-scope-AK47

People like to defend themselves.

I have a SAM turret on my roof in case the commies drop in to take over

CKYguy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 CKYguy25
Member since 2012 • 2087 Posts

after the incident in Connecticut, i would hope all guns would be banned

Audacitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Audacitron
Member since 2012 • 991 Posts

CKYguy25

you don't understand.  In Murica, gun is human right.

tumblr_mh1zyeaa7V1qzy2emo1_500.jpg

rastotm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 rastotm
Member since 2011 • 1380 Posts

[QUOTE="CKYguy25"]

Audacitron

you don't understand.  In Murica, gun is human right.

tumblr_mh1zyeaa7V1qzy2emo1_500.jpg

I so agree, gun control and human segregation are two  similair issues.

blizzard158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 blizzard158
Member since 2010 • 70 Posts

CKYguy25

No, that attitude is bad, here, let me educate you :3 Guns allow people to have a method of self defense. If most people had a handgun and knew how to use it, crime would instantly drop everywhere.

For example, people who go to schools and shoot kids, one of the reasons they pick schools might be because they look at a school zone and think "Gee, there's a bunch of unarmed people there, they would be terribly easy targets for me". I don't know about you, but i would assume that if teachers had guns, those people might think more along the lines "if i walk into that classroom, those teachers are gonna shoot the f*ck out of me,that won't end good". And one other example, take a strong bully in school, the bad guy everyone is afraid of, he only picks on the small kids because he knows he can beat the crap out of them, that sort of thing will keep up until either the smaller kids 1.Beat the crap out of the bully 2.Demonstrate they are mentally insane and thus unpredictable (if he can't predict you, he might not mess with you xD, but i'm going off topic now )

Anyhow, on another topic, why is the government banning things such as rifles and high capacity mags? Well, the answer is simple. Say you have a population of people you rule over and they have easy access to weapons with which they could easily revolt and overthrow you with, wouldn't you try to do something to make sure your own power is secure? That's a similar situation when compared to here in the US. the government only wants to enforce more gun laws so they can have a tighter grip on their population and with that, comes more control. As this control increases, the government will be more and more able to do whatever it wants regardless of what the public says. However, guns and ammunition are already strongly established in the country, and the general population could easily get their hands on unregistered side arms or rifles. Therefor, the government will never be able to completely establish control.

Now, onto my last topic, my proof for why guns will decrease crime rate. Have you ever looked aSwitzerland's way of doing things?

"Switzerland does not have a standing army, instead opting for a people's militia for its national defense. The vast majority of men between the ages of 20 and 30 are conscripted into the militia and undergo military training, including weapons training. The personal weapons of the militia are kept at home as part of the military obligations; Switzerland thus has one of the highest militia gun ownership rates in the world. In recent times a minority of political opposition has expressed a desire for tighter gun regulations. A referendum in February 2011 rejected stricter gun control."

And it's because of this that they have an incredibly low crime rate. Any how, simply wishing the government would enforce gun control even more and praying guns will go away Will not work, why? That's because guns have already been established,people will always be able to find a way to get a gun, and until the government can mind control us all, Guns WILL stay in the U.S.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]The majority of guns used to kill people are legally owned.

MakeMeaSammitch

derp argument, people who want to commit suicide have unlimited avenues to do so, limiting guns wont limit the end result you are basing your argument around. the whole article is based around Intentional self-harm (suicide) (*U03,X60-X84,Y87.0) 12.4 ... ... 0.7 10.5 14.0 16.0 19.6 17.5 13.7 15.7 17.6 Intentional self-harm (suicide) by discharge of firearms (X72-X74) 6.3 ... ... 0.2 4.7 6.3 7.1 9.1 9.3 9.5 11.8 12.4 from http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/deaths_2010_release.pdf

actually suicides tend to be impulse decisions and stopping a person for even a few minutes can have them change their mind.

For instance, before modern guns, the most popular method of suicide was gas stove. It was quick, painless, and everybody had one. As soon as those were made obsolete by other models, suicide rates dropped by 1/3 and never recovered. 

Why do you think there are suicide bars on bridges? Putting them there to delay a suicide by 30 seconds can be all it takes to stop a suicide. for example, when they put those bars on the golden gate bridge, suicide rates dropped in the city.

The thing with guns is it's fast, easy, and painless. It's basically just a thing with a button that insta kills. There's no delay. No chance for rational thinking. That's why one of the primary indicators for suicide is whether or not somebody owns a gun. Suicides by gun more than double all other deaths by gun in the U.S. combined. Reason enough for a ban.

I just want to say that I have grappled with suicide, and have been in the hospital because of it. I dont think I would be here if I had a handgun.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#115 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts

Gun control directed towards legal handgun owners won't really do anything either. The vast majority of gun crimes are committed with illegally obtained firearms.

airshocker
this.