Question about the movie Carrie (SPOILERS)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (655 posts) -

Alright. This question I have is kind of awkward in a lot of ways but I'm hoping I'm not the only one. Does anyone else feel a great sense of relief when Carrie kills Chris Hargensen and her mother Margaret White? The whole movie is basically watching a bunch of highschool girls acting extremely cruel toward one individual and her mother is NO HELP. In fact, I feel her mother may be even worse! The original shows Chris Hargensen get killed with her boyfriend while trying to run over Carrie with his car. The car flips over and explodes due to telekinesis powers from Carrie after they had poured pigs blood on her and her date at the prom. I found the 2013 remake death to be much more satisfying. Instead of an instant car explosion, Carrie stops the car with a telekinesis wall which results in Chris's boyfriend to smash his head and die. Chris then proceeds to try and run Carrie over again but can't because her car is now in mid air. Carrie then sends her car at full speed into a gas tank and a slow motion animation of Chris's head going through the windshield takes place. You then see her choking in her own blood or because the glass had stabbed through her throat and she dies, THEN Carrie crashes a street pole right on top making the gas station explode.

Her mom dies the same way as she did in the original in the new movie. She gets crucified with knives and stabbed in the chest by a dozen more knives. GOOD STUFF! Lol!

So again I ask the fans. Does anyone else find these movie deaths extremely satisfying in comparison to other films? And should I fear for loving these scenes too much?

#2 Posted by Nuck81 (5744 posts) -

So enjoy watching people die for Revenge?

Go see a doctor

#3 Posted by Korvus (2350 posts) -

@-paranorman-: I haven't seen the new Carrie, only the original and while I think the "people were mean to me, I should kill them all" makes for a bit of a stupid movie, I think we all enjoy seeing "bad guys getting what's coming to them". I think it's only concerning if after you watched the movie, started thinking "This gave me some nice ideas on how to get rid of my neighbor". Then again, if you manage to get telekinetic powers please let me know =P

@Nuck81 said:

So enjoy watching people die for Revenge?

Go see a doctor

Seriously? That's your contribution? =P Should they go ahead and create a wing in every hospital for horror fans?

#4 Posted by sukraj (21604 posts) -

gunna get this on bluray

#5 Posted by GamingGod999 (2891 posts) -

Yh

#6 Edited by sailor232 (4259 posts) -

I need to watch this movie, loved the book all those years ago and liked the past film as well, and yes death scenes are awesome, especially when it done with powers.

#7 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (655 posts) -

@Korvus85 said:

@-paranorman-: I haven't seen the new Carrie, only the original and while I think the "people were mean to me, I should kill them all" makes for a bit of a stupid movie, I think we all enjoy seeing "bad guys getting what's coming to them". I think it's only concerning if after you watched the movie, started thinking "This gave me some nice ideas on how to get rid of my neighbor". Then again, if you manage to get telekinetic powers please let me know =P

Hahaha, I don't have afterthoughts about killing my neighbors with telekinetic powers. It just feels so awesome to see these characters die, it almost makes me jump out of my seat and cheer. When I watch the movie now, I can't wait to see these scenes.