Question about life

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by lostiq (94 posts) -

How do you explain that there are people suffering and others have good life?

#2 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

Some try, some do not.

Some are responsible, some are not.

#3 Edited by thegerg (14380 posts) -

Different people are in different situations. Some of those situations cause suffering, others don't. It's pretty simple.

#4 Posted by lostrib (31500 posts) -

is that a serious question?

#5 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5271 posts) -

Some try, some do not.

Some are responsible, some are not.

There are lots of reasons why people suffer. Sickness, poverty, crime, etc.

#6 Posted by Brain_Duster (380 posts) -

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

#7 Posted by plageus900 (911 posts) -

@lostiq: Life isn't a fairy tale.

#8 Posted by foxhound_fox (86844 posts) -

There is no God and the universe does not care.

#9 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

some people choose to have different experiences in life so that they can learn from them.

#10 Posted by LexLas (4159 posts) -

I often think of this, there are ways we can all chip in to make a better life for the poor. Why i always donate here and there, to all places. I give lots to the goodwill, also donate to several places a year. Just this weekend i purchased a $10 dollar bag of food at Safeway for the needy. I also picked a kid from a school in SF who had a wish list & provided him with 3 gifts from his wish list. Thats allot for a guy like me, since i have my own family to support. But i still feel the need to help others, i was once very poor. If everyone did something nice, it would make your answer a whole lot easier to reply to.

#11 Posted by dave123321 (33334 posts) -
#12 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6689 posts) -

Because life is shit.

#13 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Reptilians!

#14 Posted by foxhound_fox (86844 posts) -

@foxhound_fox: where is your proof?

If God exists and is as described by the religious, then why do children get cancer? If the universe cared, why do we succumb to disease and old age?

#15 Posted by thegerg (14380 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

@foxhound_fox: where is your proof?

If God exists and is as described by the religious, then why do children get cancer? If the universe cared, why do we succumb to disease and old age?

"If God exists and is as described by the religious"

There are countless religious and numerous descriptions of a god. To look at it so narrowly simply begs the question.

#16 Posted by MadVybz (2797 posts) -

Capitalism.

#17 Edited by foxhound_fox (86844 posts) -

@thegerg said:

There are countless religious and numerous descriptions of a god. To look at it so narrowly simply begs the question.

#18 Posted by thegerg (14380 posts) -

@thegerg said:

I do say. You're approaching it very narrowmindedly.

#19 Posted by foxhound_fox (86844 posts) -

@thegerg said:

I only have a wide mind.

#20 Edited by thegerg (14380 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@thegerg said:

I only have a wide mind.

Then you should recognize that your belief that your reasoning for saying that there is no god is not logically sound.

#21 Posted by FelipeInside (25033 posts) -

@lostiq said:

Actually, everyone suffers at some time in their life, either sooner or later.

#22 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1743 posts) -
#23 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

Different variables. You don't choose where you're born, some people make the right decisions but are born with at the wrong place, wrong time, or with the wrong genetics. I do not believe that god works in mysterious ways and that he purposefully makes people live bad lives so that they'll live a better life. All rubbish IMO. You do whatever you can in life with what you're born with, it might turn out for the best and it might not.

#24 Posted by Master_Live (13614 posts) -

Life is a bitch. Some people lose their minds at the thought of others not getting at decent meal yet they don't care if that same person has something to eat on June 27 or whatever. The world is a cold hard place and you are gonnna get sooner or later. And that is that.

#25 Edited by MirkoS77 (6840 posts) -

Luck. Period.

#26 Posted by LuzerGS (16 posts) -

@lostiq said:

This whole life thing is a bit of a gamble I say.

We were all dealt different hands in life. Some had good ones, some bad ones, and everything else in between.

Then life goes on, we stake a few chips here and there, bluff our way in and out of situations, try to read and compare ourselves to others - we do all of this so we can hopefully steal the pot and stay another round.

And at the end of the day if we can go to sleep knowing that we tried our best to play our cards right, then sleep should come easy.

We can wake up the next morning, and decide how to use what we've earned to benefit and build others. Though some choose to destroy others.

But no matter what, just keep playing your hand.

#28 Edited by lostiq (94 posts) -

@LuzerGS : u mean that there are no results for what we do?

@LexLas: I'm glad that such men still exist nowadays

#29 Edited by pariah3 (956 posts) -

I think this has a lot to do with genetics and natural selection.

Some people were genetically born superior to others in everything they do in life while other people are less fortunate because of cruel physical circumstances and will end up as being "losers" in life.

#30 Edited by VaguelyTagged (10039 posts) -

that's a wrong question. you can not make sense of something utterly random. IMO the only correct question is "what can be done?" to which i answer "nothing". lol