Question about credit system?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jerico6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 jerico6
Member since 2005 • 5467 Posts

I was wondering if anyone here who is in college can answer my question. In high school, you would get credit for doing your academic work. In college (at the least the community college where I'm taking guitar), you earn units for doing work. Is unit pretty much the same thing as a credit or is it different? It is pretty much the same way as credit? Like for example, the guitar class I'm taking will give me 2 units for high school (i'm doing this for extra credit for high school), is that pretty much 2 credits for high school?

Two400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Two400
Member since 2006 • 2787 Posts
They are the same thing.  If you are transferring credits from college to high school, you just got to make sure your counselor knows what you're doing.  Also the amount of units/credits that transfers might be different.  Maybe you will get 1 instead of 2. 
jerico6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jerico6
They are the same thing.  If you are transferring credits from college to high school, you just got to make sure your counselor knows what you're doing.  Also the amount of units/credits that transfers might be different.  Maybe you will get 1 instead of 2.  Two400
So if transfering credit from college to high, it will lower the amount of credits you will get?
Two400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Two400
Member since 2006 • 2787 Posts

[QUOTE="Two400"]They are the same thing. If you are transferring credits from college to high school, you just got to make sure your counselor knows what you're doing. Also the amount of units/credits that transfers might be different. Maybe you will get 1 instead of 2. jerico6
So if transfering credit from college to high, it will lower the amount of credits you will get?

Well it's a guitar class....so try to think of what music classes offered at your high school get you.  Unless you don't have guitar class at your high school then I don't know....maybe if you had a piano class at your school, think of how many credits that normally gets you, then guitar would be the same.  

jerico6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jerico6

[QUOTE="jerico6"][QUOTE="Two400"]They are the same thing. If you are transferring credits from college to high school, you just got to make sure your counselor knows what you're doing. Also the amount of units/credits that transfers might be different. Maybe you will get 1 instead of 2. Two400

Well it's a guitar class....so try to think of what music classes offered at your high school get you.  Unless you don't have guitar class at your high school then I don't know....maybe if you had a piano class at your school, think of how many credits that normally gets you, then guitar would be the same.  

We hardly have anything. Besides, I was told that my guitar class will count as an art credit.