Purpose of life? hear what Islam has to say.

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#101 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Fightingfan said:

You mean all religion?

Wicca, Shinto, and Shaktism (also Durga, Parvati, Kali) are all matriarchal religious groups, who feature a female head deity and/or celebrate the feminine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

There is so many videos like this but props I can tell the thought was there

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

I believe that life is an unintended consequence of some natural process that occurred some time ago. As such, it has no purpose. However, as sapient beings who are compelled to ask "Why?" in regard to everything, we need a "Why" (i.e. a reason) for our existence, so we invent reasons and declare them as fact via concepts such as religion. The proof that life has no purpose is apparent in the perpetual cycle that living organisms engage in: An organism matures, then reproduces. Its offspring matures, then reproduces. Its offspring's offspring matures, then reproduces, and so on. This process is inherently and literally pointless; it is not self terminating and culminates in nothing.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 foxhound_fox

@BluRayHiDef said:

I believe that life is an unintended consequence of some natural process that occurred some time ago. As such, it has no purpose. However, as sapient beings who are compelled to ask "Why?" in regard to everything, we need a "Why" (i.e. a reason) for our existence, so we invent reasons and declare them as fact via concepts such as religion. The proof that life has no purpose is apparent in the perpetual cycle that living organisms engage in: An organism matures, then reproduces. Its offspring matures, then reproduces. Its offspring's offspring matures, then reproduces, and so on. This process is inherently and literally pointless; it is not self terminating and culminates in nothing.

It's like you actually are Dr. Manhattan.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@foxhound_fox said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

It's like you actually are Dr. Manhattan.

I am.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By foxhound_fox

@BluRayHiDef said:

I am.

Prove it.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@foxhound_fox said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

I am.

Prove it.

I will not, but only because I know I will not. Everything is preordained, even my actions and responses.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#108 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@EnelSama said:

@br0kenrabbit: Taking the the layers of the atmosphere as a very simple example :

" It is He Who created everything on the earth for you and then directed His attention up to heaven and arranged it into seven regular heavens. He has knowledge of all things. (Qur'an, 2:29)Then He turned to heaven when it was smoke. In two days He determined them as seven heavens and revealed, in every heaven, its own mandate. (Qur'an, 41:11-12) "

The word "heavens," which appears in many verses in the Qur'an, is used to refer to the sky above the Earth, as well as the entire universe. Given this meaning of the word, it is seen that the Earth's sky, or the atmosphere, and it is made up of seven layers , which are :

1. Troposphere

2. Stratosphere

3. Mesosphere

4. Thermosphere

5. Exosphere

6. Ionosphere

7. Magnetosphere

How definitive

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#109 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

This is all true, although I would say that being conscious beings we have the ability to create purpose that does not take part in the "mature then reproduce" cycle.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#111  Edited By Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@Fightingfan said:

You mean all religion?

Wicca, Shinto, and Shaktism (also Durga, Parvati, Kali) are all matriarchal religious groups, who feature a female head deity and/or celebrate the feminine.

Yeah, and my religion too that I'm about to make up.

I was speaking about the major religions; the people who pray to the God of Abraham (Christianity, Islam, Catholicism, Judaism, etc...).

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#112  Edited By THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

So is this basically a Muslim Crushmaster thread?

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

These things are interesting to ponder on from time to time, but I'm not going to dedicate my whole life to them.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@hoola said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

This is all true, although I would say that being conscious beings we have the ability to create purpose that does not take part in the "mature then reproduce" cycle.

Yes, but the purpose that we create is meaningless because it isn't an intrinsic aspect of life/ existence.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#116  Edited By shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

I'm more surprised that video got more likes than dislikes and the amount of BS in the comments.