Purpose of life? hear what Islam has to say.

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#53 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

@airshocker said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@airshocker said:

No thanks. I have no interest in what a religion devoted to abusing and trivializing women has to say.

yeah because women dont roam nude in streets, and being sex apeal for teenagers is apperently abusing.

In our society women have the freedom to do whatever they want,

so in our society too. it depend on peoples. on the other women in our society are pure and clean unlike yours where just sex apeal for teenagers and that is why they use half nake sigs/avy and blah blah blah.

and also considering how world was better place back than that if im backward than im proud to be backward.

this generation is just filled with biggest stupids/idiots/jokes ever and mainstream media.

What is your society? In many Muslim countries women are forbidden to wear revealing clothes (and their standard on what revealing is different as well)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@SNIPER4321 said:

@toast_burner said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@airshocker said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@airshocker said:

No thanks. I have no interest in what a religion devoted to abusing and trivializing women has to say.

yeah because women dont roam nude in streets, and being sex apeal for teenagers is apperently abusing.

In our society women have the freedom to do whatever they want,

so in our society too. it depend on peoples. on the other women in our society are pure and clean unlike yours where just sex apeal for teenagers and that is why they use half nake sigs/avy and blah blah blah.

and also considering how world was better place back than that if im backward than im proud to be backward.

this generation is just filled with biggest stupids/idiots/jokes ever and mainstream media.

What is your society? In many Muslim countries women are forbidden to wear revealing clothes (and their standard on what revealing is different as well)

yes, and they dont even want to wear reveling clothes however this is just BS that they are forced to wear viel.

they can wear or not its there choice. unless its afghanistan or tribal areas or villages cuz of their mentally. but not in city,

So what would happen in your area if a woman did go out in revealing clothes. Would she be treated like everyone else? Would you treat her like everyone else?

5dlrbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 5dlrbill
Member since 2012 • 103 Posts

Am a believer in Jesus,even if we have diffrent views on god I will not make fun or degrade your belief, am trying to be better person in my walk and have my downfalls am trying to get right with god you can say.I thought that video was great very emotional.

picklesurprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By picklesurprise
Member since 2013 • 185 Posts

Oh, look. A grayfox thread on religion.

Everyone gets to become enlightened to how awful he is. I think there is value in that. I'm an optimist.

EnelSama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By EnelSama
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@GrayF0X786 it's your fault for posting a topic like this in a forum full of 12 years old kids who doesn't understand a thing beside what their families has put into their heads .

first of all , islam made equality between men and women , and there are alot of verses which says that , for example in quran : [4:124] As for those who lead a righteous life, male or female, while believing, they enter Paradise; without the slightest injustice.

islam doesn't force women into waring the Hijab , it's their own choice , if they want to ware it , then so be it , if they doesn't then it's ok , as we don't judge people by their looks or clothes .

if you believe that quran is words of men , how did it reveal so much that only sciences has come up to in the past close years ?

also islam doesn't say that humans are faultless , i don't know who came up with that conclusion .

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

@GrayF0X786 said:

a muslim spoken word - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d16CpWp-ok

What is your purpose of being here, or do believe you have none?

Treating women as property, getting stressed about drawings of your god and missing out on bacon does not seem reasonable.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@EnelSama said:

@GrayF0X786 it's your fault for posting a topic like this in a forum full of 12 years old kids who doesn't understand a thing beside what their families has put into their heads .

first of all , islam made equality between men and women , and there are alot of verses which says that , for example in quran : [4:124] As for those who lead a righteous life, male or female, while believing, they enter Paradise; without the slightest injustice.

islam doesn't force women into waring the Hijab , it's their own choice , if they want to ware it , then so be it , if they doesn't then it's ok , as we don't judge people by their looks or clothes .

if you believe that quran is words of men , how did it reveal so much that only sciences has come up to in the past close years ?

also islam doesn't say that humans are faultless , i don't know who came up with that conclusion .

Women have little to no rights in a lot of Muslim countries.

EnelSama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 EnelSama

@deeliman: True , if there are such countries then it's their own fault and ignorance as not all muslims are following the rightful path , those who kill innocents thinking that it will make them better people are even worse than those who don't believe in god at all , we are all humans after all , and humans always make mistakes ..

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@EnelSama said:

@deeliman: True , if there are such countries then it's their own fault and ignorance as not all muslims are following the rightful path , those who kill innocents thinking that it will make them better people are even worse than those who don't believe in god at all , we are all humans after all , and humans always make mistakes ..

What's bad about people not believing in a god?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@deeliman said:

@EnelSama said:

What's bad about people not believing in a god?

He's a uneducated bigot.

EnelSama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 EnelSama

@deeliman Nothing at all my friend , they have their right to believe in what they think is true , my point in that comment was that not all muslims are right and that's all , and @toast_burner i am pretty sure that i am more intelligent than you are , those who only speak ill words have no right to call others uneducated .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@EnelSama said:

@deeliman Nothing at all my friend , they have their right to believe in what they think is true , my point in that comment was that not all muslims are right and that's all , and @toast_burner i am pretty sure that i am more intelligent than you are , those who only speak ill words have no right to call others uneducated .

Claiming it's bad to not be religious is intolerance. Intolerance and stupidity go hand in hand.

Your post implied that you thought it's bad to not believe in god, but it seems that was a misunderstanding.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17854 Posts

@EnelSama said:

Such as?

EnelSama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By EnelSama

@br0kenrabbit: Taking the the layers of the atmosphere as a very simple example :

" It is He Who created everything on the earth for you and then directed His attention up to heaven and arranged it into seven regular heavens. He has knowledge of all things. (Qur'an, 2:29)Then He turned to heaven when it was smoke. In two days He determined them as seven heavens and revealed, in every heaven, its own mandate. (Qur'an, 41:11-12) "

The word "heavens," which appears in many verses in the Qur'an, is used to refer to the sky above the Earth, as well as the entire universe. Given this meaning of the word, it is seen that the Earth's sky, or the atmosphere, and it is made up of seven layers , which are :

1. Troposphere

2. Stratosphere

3. Mesosphere

4. Thermosphere

5. Exosphere

6. Ionosphere

7. Magnetosphere

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

@lostrib said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@toast_burner said:

That guy is an idiot.

so everyone is idiot except those who blindly believe that humans were monkey and apes and blah blah blah

I don't think you understand evolution

if thats the case than i would be blindly believing in evolution

I understand evolution that is why i dont believe in it.

That you think evolution claims that humans were monkeys shows that you don't understand it. At all. But yes, Homo sapiens (that would be humans, in case you don't know) are a member of the Hominidae family, which is sometimes referred to the "great apes". This is not to say that humans evolved from other great apes (such as chimpanzees or gorillas), but rather that modern apes (including humans) all evolved separately from a distant common ancestor.

Of course I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time here. Myself and others here have tried countless times to explain even basic evolutionary concepts to you. I'm certain that you're ether a troll or you have a learning disability. But I have time to waste, so wasting it I am.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@worlock77 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@lostrib said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@toast_burner said:

That guy is an idiot.

so everyone is idiot except those who blindly believe that humans were monkey and apes and blah blah blah

I don't think you understand evolution

if thats the case than i would be blindly believing in evolution

I understand evolution that is why i dont believe in it.

That you think evolution claims that humans were monkeys shows that you don't understand it. At all. But yes, Homo sapiens (that would be humans, in case you don't know) are a member of the Hominidae family, which is sometimes referred to the "great apes". This is not to say that humans evolved from other great apes (such as chimpanzees or gorillas), but rather that modern apes (including humans) all evolved separately from a distant common ancestor.

Of course I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time here. Myself and others here have tried countless times to explain even basic evolutionary concepts to you. I'm certain that you're ether a troll or you have a learning disability. But I have time to waste, so wasting it I am.

He always directs to a muslim author who is anti-evolution, and also happens to be completely full of shit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_Oktar

EagleEyedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By EagleEyedOne
Member since 2013 • 1676 Posts

2 Chainz has more philosophical insight than this guy.

5dlrbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 5dlrbill

Evolution is a croc, if it exist why is their not anything that is evolving as of today that science can prove?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lostrib

@5dlrbill said:

Evolution is a croc, if it exist why is their not anything that is evolving as of today that science can prove?

things are constantly evolving. Ever heard of MRSA?

5dlrbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By 5dlrbill

@lostrib said:

@5dlrbill said:

bacteria? lol am sure yull think their will be talking eliphants that can fly one day.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 lostrib

@5dlrbill said:

@lostrib said:

@5dlrbill said:

bacteria? lol am sure yull think their will be talking eliphants that can fly one day.

what? what does that even mean?

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 worlock77

@lostrib said:

@5dlrbill said:

@lostrib said:

@5dlrbill said:

what? what does that even mean?

I'm pretty sure it was covered in the documentary 'Dumbo'.

5dlrbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By 5dlrbill

their has to be things constantly evolving from birds to fish to apes in our time now,dont tell me it takes time I don't got 1,ooo,ooo years for you to change my mind.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 worlock77

@5dlrbill said:

their has to be things constantly evolving from birds to fish to apes in our time now,dont tell me it takes time I don't got 1,ooo,ooo for you to change my mind.

I miss the days when trolls put some effort into it.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@EnelSama said:

@br0kenrabbit: Taking the the layers of the atmosphere as a very simple example :

" It is He Who created everything on the earth for you and then directed His attention up to heaven and arranged it into seven regular heavens. He has knowledge of all things. (Qur'an, 2:29)Then He turned to heaven when it was smoke. In two days He determined them as seven heavens and revealed, in every heaven, its own mandate. (Qur'an, 41:11-12) "

The word "heavens," which appears in many verses in the Qur'an, is used to refer to the sky above the Earth, as well as the entire universe. Given this meaning of the word, it is seen that the Earth's sky, or the atmosphere, and it is made up of seven layers , which are :

1. Troposphere

2. Stratosphere

3. Mesosphere

4. Thermosphere

5. Exosphere

6. Ionosphere

7. Magnetosphere

I don't buy it. Seven has a significance in many religions and I see nothing in the verse that would indicate it was speaking of the atmosphere. Sounds more along the lines of the old 'crystal spheres' model to me.

Want to know what old knowledge impresses me? The ancient nuclear warfare described in the Mahabharata (which is literally older than Genesis). It details with great accuracy the initial and lasting effects of a nuclear blast, the method of delivery (missile), and the flying craft that launch the missile.

Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana (fast aircraft) hurled a single projectile (rocket) charged with the power of the Universe (nuclear device). An incandescent column of smoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose with all its splendor. 

It was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause, and the birds turned white.

...After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected...

...to escape from this fire the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment.

Now THAT'S impressive. If your ruler of which religion is true is modern knowledge in ancient times, I guess you need to take a pilgrimage to India. 
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#80  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@sukraj said:

pray to allah

How 'bout we Halla at Yarp.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 br0kenrabbit

@5dlrbill said:

You mean like this?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lostrib

@5dlrbill said:

their has to be things constantly evolving from birds to fish to apes in our time now,dont tell me it takes time I don't got 1,ooo,ooo years for you to change my mind.

try harder

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By foxhound_fox

@EnelSama said:
islam made equality between men and women

Suras 2:228a, 2:282, 4:3, 4:11, 4:20, 4:34, 4:176, 33:59, 37:22-23 and 64:14-15 disagree.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By foxhound_fox

@br0kenrabbit said:

Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana (fast aircraft) hurled a single projectile (rocket) charged with the power of the Universe (nuclear device). An incandescent column of smoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose with all its splendor.

It was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause, and the birds turned white.

...to escape from this fire the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment.

Holy shit. I've read a lot of Hindu texts, but never had the time nor the will to tackle the Mahabharata. I might actually do so now. That is fascinating.

5dlrbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By 5dlrbill

@br0kenrabbit said:

@5dlrbill said:

You mean like this?

lizards taken away from the their original land to forein land and in 30 years the developed bigger heads stronger gut systems and harder bites, sry but that don't fly for evolution theory, take me too mexico for 30 years you think my gut wont get big from tacos?lol

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By lostrib

@5dlrbill said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@5dlrbill said:

You mean like this?

lizards taken away from the their original land to forein land and in 30 years the developed bigger heads stronger gut systems and harder bites, sry but that don't fly for evolution theory, take me too mexico for 30 years you think my gut wont get big from tacos?lol

you can't be serious

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 worlock77

@foxhound_fox said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

Holy shit. I've read a lot of Hindu texts, but never had the time nor the will to tackle the Mahabharata. I might actually do so now. That is fascinating.

Isn't that f*cker like 2,000,000 words in length?

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#88 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

@GrayF0X786 said:

a muslim spoken word - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d16CpWp-ok

What is your purpose of being here, or do believe you have none?

"If the whole world came together, we wouldn't be able to create a single fly."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_that_have_been_cloned

You made me stop my Kasane Teto cover of Jitter Doll for this and now I am upset.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 br0kenrabbit

@5dlrbill said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@5dlrbill said:

You mean like this?

Willful ignorance makes the worst kind of idiot, but whatever.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@worlock77 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

Not sure of the word count but yeah, it's a hell of a read.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#91 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

@EnelSama said:

1. Troposphere

2. Stratosphere

3. Mesosphere

4. Thermosphere

5. Exosphere

6. Ionosphere

7. Magnetosphere

I don't buy it. Seven has a significance in many religions and I see nothing in the verse that would indicate it was speaking of the atmosphere. Sounds more along the lines of the old 'crystal spheres' model to me.

Want to know what old knowledge impresses me? The ancient nuclear warfare described in the Mahabharata (which is literally older than Genesis). It details with great accuracy the initial and lasting effects of a nuclear blast, the method of delivery (missile), and the flying craft that launch the missile.

Now THAT'S impressive. If your ruler of which religion is true is modern knowledge in ancient times, I guess you need to take a pilgrimage to India. 

Huh...well, that's pretty interesting.

And really metal.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 foxhound_fox

@worlock77 said:

About 40 volumes in the Sanskrit original IIRC. I own an abridged version (over 1000 pages) but there is no complete English translation AFAIK.

EnelSama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By EnelSama

@br0kenrabbit: Nope , as i said heavens means the sky in quran , and here it was talking about the atmosphere :

He Who created the seven heavens in layers… (Qur'an, 67:3)

The Arabic word "tibaqan" in these verses, translated into English as "layer" .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@EnelSama said:

@br0kenrabbit: Nope , as i said heavens means the sky in quran , and here it was talking about the atmosphere :

There isn't 7 layers of the atmosphere.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 foxhound_fox

@EnelSama said:

YOU are conflating this to mean atmosphere. If Allah is all-powerful and the source of perfect knowledge, then why didn't he just call them atmospheres? He would have known that we would use the Greek word in the modern world, and Muslims were already exposed to and maintained Ancient Greek texts during the European Dark Ages.

And why isn't all of modern science contained in the Quran? If it talks about scientific things true today, then why not all of it? Wouldn't that be something an all-powerful being would reveal to his chosen one?

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

@airshocker said:

You mean all religion?

I hate these philosophical videos.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By worlock77

@foxhound_fox said:

@worlock77 said:

About 40 volumes in the Sanskrit original IIRC. I own an abridged version (over 1000 pages) but there is no complete English translation AFAIK.

That's not surprising.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 br0kenrabbit

@EnelSama said:

There are 5 layers of the atmosphere, not seven.

Exosphere

Thermosphere

Mesosphere

Stratosphere

Troposphere

However, there are 7 layers of the classical celestial spheres, but that's an Earth-centric view of the cosmos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#99 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

I don't believe that I am alive for a reason. Finding meaning in everything in the world is absolutely absurd. There isn't always a hidden message, there is no secret human truth of life that can be found if we look close enough. The universe is a massive, beautiful place filled with lots of things to discover. To put this into perspective, Isaac Newton came up with the idea of gravity by wonder WHY the apple fell on his head, not what the meaning or purpose of a falling apple is. The trick is to keep an open mind and always be ready to be proven wrong, I can easily be proven wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@Fightingfan said:

@airshocker said:

You mean all religion?

I hate these philosophical videos.

No, I most certainly don't.