Psychological differences between Liberals&Conservatives????

#51 Posted by nomsayin (1141 posts) -

I'd assume conservatives would be more motivated/hard working, while liberals would probably be better at empathizing with others.

#52 Edited by nomsayin (1141 posts) -

I'd assume conservatives would be more motivated/hard working, while liberals would probably be better at empathizing with others.

@Jankarcop said:

Red states all have a far lower IQ.

Hate when idiots say this - it's not as clear cut w/ regards to the liberal/conservative dichotomy. Red states also have the highest African American population by % in the U.S., and African Americans tend to score lower on IQ tests, due to environmental factors/discrimination etc. African Americans, incidentally, also tend to vote Democrat.

#53 Posted by themajormayor (25698 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:
@thegerg said:

@xeno_ghost said:

@thegerg: isnt it quite liberal to support equal marriage rights?

Not as I see it. As a conservative I don't like the idea of the state having such control over who can marry who.

How is that conservative?

"Conservatism as a political and social philosophy promotes retaining traditional social institutions."

Marriage is a traditional social institution. I don't like the idea of the state having such control over who can take part in it.

Don't be such a cuntface gerg.

"conservatism, political doctrine that emphasizes the value of traditional institutions and practices." The state having control over who can take part of it is a traditional practice, the opposite is not. Having equal marriage rights is not a traditional practice.

Cuntface gerg.

There is no reason to insult anyone. Please try to act like an adult.

Having equal marriage rights certainly is traditional, not all governments enforce the same rules, you know. Anyway, whether or not it's traditional has no bearing on why I support it.

You try to act like an adult. Don't be an insult to humanity cuntface.

Where is it traditional? Certainly not in that smelly medieval country you live in. Well you did imply that you support it because you were a conservative. In that case it does have bearing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_same-sex_unions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_same-sex_marriage

http://www.firstpeople.us/articles/the-two-spirit-people-of-indigenous-north-americans.html

"Certainly not in that smelly medieval country you live in."

I'm not sure where it is that you think that I live, but you're failing to accurately describe it.

"Well you did imply that you support it because you were a conservative. In that case it does have bearing."

No, it does not. The reason that I support it as a conservative is because I don't like the state having such control over who can marry (as I've already stated, try reading the thread next time). My belief on the matter has nothing to do with tradition.

I accuratly described the USA. And no, same-sex marriage is not traditional in the smelly USA. The indigenous victims were never an inegral part of the smelly USA.

But conservatim is defined upon tradition. So yes. If you supported it as a liberal it would make sense.

"I accuratly described the USA."

No you did not. Maybe you need to do a little research into what the words that you use actually mean.

"But conservatim is defined upon tradition. So yes. If you supported it as a liberal it would make sense."

And one tradition of which I am a fan is that of little state intrusion into the private lives of citizens. Thus, as a conservative I support gay marriage.

Yes I did.

But that tradition has, in your smelly country, never extended to gay marriage.

No you did not. Look up what the word "medieval" means.

Yes, that tradition has extended to gay marriage in the US. You really have no idea what you're talking about, huh?

"very old-fashioned or primitive." i.e. the USA.

No, no when it only pertains to a small part of the social and legal system of the society and even that only very very recently.

Then you must not know much about the technological powerhouse that is the US!!!

The tradition has extended to gay marriage in the US. To say otherwise is either a display of ignorance, or a lie.

There are many different areas where a country could be primitive and old-fashioned. Not just technology. In any case, the US is definitely not in the top of any technology list. And if you ain't first you're last.

No, it's the truth.

Do a little research into same-sex marriage in the US. You'll be surprised.

Try to learn something about somewhere other than your sad little country.

I'm not gonna do your work for you.

Which country is that? In any case, I know far more about the rest of the world than I know about my own country as I am not very interested in my own country. And I certainly know more about the rest of the world than you do hillbilly.

I'm not asking you to do my work. I already know that the tradition of marriage extends to homosexuals in the US.

No, you don't. And again, try to act like an adult. There is no need for insults.

In a small part only, it does not pertain to even close to the whole US. And it has only been for a very short time. So it is not within US tradition to let gays get married. You clearly don't understand the concept of tradition. Not letting gays getting married in the US is a tradition as it has been passed down for generations.

Yes, I very clearly do. I removed the insult as I felt it didn't adequately describe you. The one that really does I can't write. So cuntface will have to do for now.

#54 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7740 posts) -

Think we would first need to define what constitutes conservative or liberal beforehand, and that seems unlikely. There are smart people on both ends with people taking different view points on a myriad of issues.

Stupidity has no political leaning.

#55 Posted by Barbariser (6724 posts) -

At an extremely fundamental level, conservatives value tradition, power and order (being derived from the word "conserve") while liberals value freedoms and/or equality between people - politically, socially and economically. In most countries you can't break this down so cleanly, because this dichotomy was based on the 18th and 19th centuries where most of the world was starkly conservative and environmentalism didn't really exist, while in modern times "conservatives" often include liberal values (for example, U.S. conservatives attempt to claim "freedom" as their shtick) in their political thought.

You can still observe the dichotomy in most countries quite easily though. Conservative parties have tended to favor immigration restrictions, military spending and activity, trade barriers and religiousity while being against same-sex marriage and/or other forms of rights and protections for disadvantaged groups. Liberals generally prefer social spending, free trade, demographic diversity, minority protections and equality, secularism, .etc.

#56 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2563 posts) -

At the most extreme, Democrats support individual social freedoms but don't support individual financial freedoms.... as long as the person they're taking it from has more than they do, while Republicans are highly supportive of individual financial freedoms but highly judgmental of individual social freedoms.

Both are wrong at their most extreme. I participate in both. I believe people should be able to believe and live in way they see fit within reason, but I don't believe I owe anybody anything specifically because I have more than them.

#57 Edited by Meinhard1 (6768 posts) -

I'm not sure if there are real psychological differences.

Like you'd think conservatives may tend to be more sentimental and go with their gut feelings more but you see a lot of that with liberals too.

Maybe it's more just a difference between those who look to traditions and the past vs those who look towards current trends and science. More of a difference in mindset and values than personality.

#58 Posted by BranKetra (48109 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Just form your own opinions about the things you find important and don't worry about staying within the liberal or conservative agenda

I agree because the tensions between the democratic and republican parties are destroying this nation.

#59 Edited by Xeno_ghost (675 posts) -

@thegerg: wouldn't it be fair to say the act of gay marriage is not a long standing tradition? And that it's actually a change in a long standing tradition of there only being hetrosexual marriages allowed, from what I've read in this thread only a liberal would support this change.

So it seems more traditional that the government has traditionally not accepted gay marriage, rather than the government has traditionally not interfered with who can and can't get married.

Which would make your view a liberal view?

#60 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2563 posts) -

@nomsayin said:

@Jankarcop said:

Red states all have a far lower IQ.

Hate when idiots say this - it's not as clear cut w/ regards to the liberal/conservative dichotomy. Red states also have the highest African American population by % in the U.S., and African Americans tend to score lower on IQ tests, due to environmental factors/discrimination etc. African Americans, incidentally, also tend to vote Democrat.

You don't have to worry about Jankar. He's admitted to raping someone on these very message boards.

#61 Posted by XaosII (16556 posts) -

@thegerg: wouldn't it be fair to say the act of gay marriage is not a long standing tradition? And that it's actually a change in a long standing tradition of there only being hetrosexual marriages allowed, from what I've read in this thread only a liberal would support this change.

So it seems more traditional that the government has traditionally not accepted gay marriage, rather than the government has traditionally not interfered with who can and can't get married.

Which would make your view a liberal view?

I think tossing around the word "traditional" is not only meaningless, but distorts the conversation from the substantive issues. If you want to get "traditional," the concept of marriage was never the domain of religion. Many historical experts believe that marriages came from tribal leaders or chieftains forcefully joining a man to a woman in order to encourage the man to be more productive and work towards community building. A man, entirely on his own, would be perceived as selfish and not care for another or a community. By giving someone to take care, they would become more responsible and productive.

Over the thousands of years, it became the responsibility of religion to add weight to marriage when tribal societies no longer needed forced marriages to survive. Today, in the US, marriages are little more than a government recognized union between two people. A contract.

Traditionally, the only thing "traditional" about marriage, is that it changes over time. The most conservative, traditional viewpoint would be to hold the belief of forced marriage from a community leader to give men responsibility. I hardly think that anyone would be in favor of such a system today. Instead, its the conservative viewpoint to hold a much different, much more modern viewpoint and calling it "traditional." Which is kind of silly.

#62 Edited by Xeno_ghost (675 posts) -

@XaosII: thanks for the history lesson and I mean that sincerely but it has no bearing on the fact that marriage has traditionally been between a man and a women since marriages first started that has not changed until very recently, so it has been a long standing tradition for governments to prohibit same sex marriage.

Thegerg said that he supports gay marriage and he says his view is conservative because he believes that it has been a long standing tradition that governments have not interfered with who can and can't get married, but they have always interfered with and prohibited gay marriage. The change has been that recently they have stopped interfering with gay marriage they have stopped saying who can and can't get married.

#63 Posted by foxhound_fox (87624 posts) -

Conservatives and Liberals, or conservatives and liberals?

#64 Edited by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

I'm not gonna do your work for you.

Which country is that? In any case, I know far more about the rest of the world than I know about my own country as I am not very interested in my own country. And I certainly know more about the rest of the world than you do hillbilly.

I'm not asking you to do my work. I already know that the tradition of marriage extends to homosexuals in the US.

No, you don't. And again, try to act like an adult. There is no need for insults.

In a small part only, it does not pertain to even close to the whole US. And it has only been for a very short time. So it is not within US tradition to let gays get married. You clearly don't understand the concept of tradition. Not letting gays getting married in the US is a tradition as it has been passed down for generations.

Yes, I very clearly do. I removed the insult as I felt it didn't adequately describe you. The one that really does I can't write. So cuntface will have to do for now.

What you posted was "But that tradition has, in your smelly country, never extended to gay marriage." That is simply incorrect. The tradition of marriage has extended to gay marriage in the US. That is a fact.

#65 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@XaosII: thanks for the history lesson and I mean that sincerely but it has no bearing on the fact that marriage has traditionally been between a man and a women since marriages first started that has not changed until very recently, so it has been a long standing tradition for governments to prohibit same sex marriage.

Thegerg said that he supports gay marriage and he says his view is conservative because he believes that it has been a long standing tradition that governments have not interfered with who can and can't get married, but they have always interfered with and prohibited gay marriage. The change has been that recently they have stopped interfering with gay marriage they have stopped saying who can and can't get married.

"Thegerg said that he supports gay marriage and he says his view is conservative because he believes that it has been a long standing tradition that governments have not interfered with who can and can't get married"

No, that's not why I support it. I've said a number of times that tradition has nothing to do with why I support it. It's rather dishonest and disrespectful to incorrectly frame the argument of another to fit your own. Please avoid doing so, stick to the facts.

#66 Edited by Xeno_ghost (675 posts) -

@thegerg: This was said by Themajormayor;

"But conservatim is defined upon tradition. So yes. If you supported it as a liberal it would make sense."

This was your reply to that;

"And one tradition of which I am a fan is that of little state intrusion into the private lives of citizens. Thus, as a conservative I support gay marriage"

So you kept saying your view is not based on tradition then when it suits you your view IS based on tradition, contradiction anyone?

And based on your statement I wrote;

"Thegerg supports gay marriage and he says his view is conservative because he believes that it has been a long standing tradition that governments have not interfered with who can and can't get married"

So in other words you were saying it is traditional that there has been no state intrusion into who can and can't be married.

Is that not what you meant?

#67 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@thegerg: This was said by Themajormayor;

This was your reply to that;

"And one tradition of which I am a fan is that of little state intrusion into the private lives of citizens. Thus, as a conservative I support gay marriage"

So you kept saying your view is not based on tradition then when it suits you your view IS based on tradition, contradiction anyone?

And based on your statement I wrote;

"Thegerg supports gay marriage and he says his view is conservative because he believes that it has been a long standing tradition that governments have not interfered with who can and can't get married"

So in other words you were saying it is traditional that there has been no state intrusion into who can and can't be married.

Is that not what you meant?

What I meant is what I posted. One tradition of which I am a fan is that of little state intrusion into the private lives of citizens. And once again (for the 4th or 5th time) whether or not it is traditional has no bearing on why I support it.

#68 Edited by Xeno_ghost (675 posts) -

@thegerg: "whether or not it is traditional has no bearing on why I support it"

You base your conservative view on the very tradition of the state not intruding into people's private lives it is one of the factors of why you support gay marriage it does have bearing because if not based on tradition your view is liberal.

So if you didn't mean what I thought you meant then what did you mean?

"No, it does not. The reason that I support it as a conservative is because I don't like the state having such control over who can marry (as I've already stated, try reading the thread next time). My belief on the matter has nothing to do with tradition"

""And one tradition of which I am a fan is that of little state intrusion into the private lives of citizens. Thus, as a conservative I support gay marriage""

So unless my reading comprehension fails me I was right in my assessment of why you have this liberal view, so why try and make out that I'm telling untruths and that I'm not being factual to what you have said?

#69 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@thegerg: "whether or not it is traditional has no bearing on why I support it"

the very tradition of the state not intruding into people's private lives is one of the factors of why you support gay marriage it does have bearing.

So if you didn't mean what I thought you meant then what did you mean?

"No, it does not. The reason that I support it as a conservative is because I don't like the state having such control over who can marry (as I've already stated, try reading the thread next time). My belief on the matter has nothing to do with tradition"

""And one tradition of which I am a fan is that of little state intrusion into the private lives of citizens. Thus, as a conservative I support gay marriage""

So unless my reading comprehension fails me I was right in my assessment of why you have this liberal view, so why try and make out that I'm telling untruths and that I'm not being factual to what you have said?

Again, what I meant is what I posted. One tradition of which I am a fan is that of little state intrusion into the private lives of citizens. (Notice that that says nothing about whether or not a certain type of marriage is or is not traditional. You're taking 2 separate issues and combining them.)

And once again (for the 5th or 6th time) whether or not it is traditional has no bearing on why I support it.

#70 Edited by Xeno_ghost (675 posts) -

@thegerg: "One tradition of which I am a fan is that of little state intrusion into the private lives of citizens. (Notice that that says nothing about whether or not a certain type of marriage is or is not traditional."

I'm not talking about whether you said a certain type of marriage is traditional. You said your view is not based on tradition so what makes your view conservative?

This was your argument as to why your view is a conservative view, now you want to dismiss the fact that your view is based on tradition you are a walking talking contradiction.

Why can't you just admit you are liberal on this subject?

#71 Posted by Xeno_ghost (675 posts) -

@jasean79: "Tell us your views on each topic and we'll grade you on a scale of which way you lean more - liberal or conservative"

Ok let's do this;

Gay marriage.

I believe gay people should be able to get married but not in church.

Gun Control.

I believe you should be able to have a gun in your house to protect your home and family. Conceal carry I'm not sure about, there are pros and cons to conceal carry. Totally disagree with open carry of any kind of gun.

Homosexuality.

I do like gay people and I get on with them but I don't want all the gory details of their love life and I don't want it shoved in my face when it comes to gay men..

Healthcare.

I believe everybody should have access to good healthcare and England's NHS is a perfect example of how that should be achieved.

So what am I Liberal or conservative?

#72 Edited by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@xeno_ghost said:

@thegerg: "One tradition of which I am a fan is that of little state intrusion into the private lives of citizens. (Notice that that says nothing about whether or not a certain type of marriage is or is not traditional."

I'm not talking about whether you said a certain type of marriage is traditional. You said your view is not based on tradition so what makes your view conservative?

This was your argument as to why your view is a conservative view, now you want to dismiss the fact that your view is based on tradition you are a walking talking contradiction.

Why can't you just admit you are liberal on this subject?

"You said your view is not based on tradition so what makes your view conservative?"

What I've said is that my view is not based on any traditional view of marriage. My view is based on the fact that I'm not a fan of great intrusion on private life by government.

"Why can't you just admit you are liberal on this subject?"

Because it's not a liberal principle that shapes my belief on the subject.

#73 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@jasean79:

Gay marriage.

I believe gay people should be able to get married but not in church.

Why not?

#74 Edited by pyro1245 (535 posts) -

The majority of Conservatives are assholes, and the majority of Liberals are morons.

That is the difference.

That's why it's never good to be too far left or right.

#75 Posted by Xeno_ghost (675 posts) -

@thegerg: "One tradition of which I am a fan is that of little state intrusion into the private lives of citizens"

That was your argument for your view being conservative, you called it a tradition that states do not intrude on citizens lives.

"No, it does not. The reason that I support it as a conservative is because I don't like the state having such control over who can marry"

Governments have always had control over who can and can't marry, that has been the tradition up until recently, states have traditionally prohibited gay marriage until recently.

Why do you think it's tradition that there has been little state intrusion into people's private lives?

#76 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@thegerg: "One tradition of which I am a fan is that of little state intrusion into the private lives of citizens"

That was your argument for your view being conservative, you called it a tradition that states do not intrude on citizens lives.

"No, it does not. The reason that I support it as a conservative is because I don't like the state having such control over who can marry"

Governments have always had control over who can and can't marry, that has been the tradition up until recently, states have traditionally prohibited gay marriage until recently.

Why do you think it's tradition that there has been little state intrusion into people's private lives?

"Why do you think it's tradition that there has been little state intrusion into people's private lives?"

Because humans existed for thousands and thousands of years without states existing, let alone dictating who may or may not partake in an agreement like marriage.

#77 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@xeno_ghost: I'm also still interested in why you feel that gay people should be disallowed to marry in a church, and how such a ban would even be enforced.

#78 Edited by KHAndAnime (13394 posts) -

Wait until you learn that there's far more to politics than left/right - they're merely two different sides of the same totalitarian coin. In moderation, neither are inherently good, bad, smart, dumb, etc. nor would I insist that certain types of people associate with sides. Those who vote on the left aren't necessarily more giving, and those who vote on the right aren't necessarily more power hungry - issues are often more complicated and can't be tied entirely to a simple conversative/liberal mindset.

#79 Posted by foxhound_fox (87624 posts) -

Wait until you learn that there's far more to politics than left/right [...]

I was just about to come back in here to say this. The idea that there are only two political positions is just laughable. The political spectrum ranges not only from right to left, but top to bottom (see: Political Compass) and varies in strength for all positions. The TC should really try taking some political tests (not just the compass) to see where he stands on the spectrum.

#80 Posted by Xeno_ghost (675 posts) -

@thegerg: I didn't really want to get into a debate on my views I just wanted to see on which side my views align me with.

#81 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16097 posts) -

Liberals want to change things. Conservatives want things to stay the same.

#82 Posted by toast_burner (21427 posts) -

Liberals want to change things. Conservatives want things to stay the same.

That's not really true. Liberalism is about liberty and equality. They don't want to change things simply for the sake of changing people but only to improve peoples freedom, America has a big problem with freedom of religion, liberals want to fix that, while conservative typically want less freedom of religion and to maintain Christianity as the dominant religion.

#83 Edited by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -

dont know about liberal v conservitave as those posts move way too much with each person.

i can say:

republicans generally fear nonexistent threats from people that dont really exist abroad.

democrats do the same shit only locally. both are parties of hate, its just that one hates it self the other hates the idea that somewhere someone might not like them.

#84 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@thegerg: I didn't really want to get into a debate on my views I just wanted to get into a debate abot other people's views.

Fixed.

Anyway, I'm just curious as to why you think the state should dictate to private organizations (churches) what kind of marriage ceremonies they should perform.

#85 Edited by Xeno_ghost (675 posts) -

@thegerg: " didn't really want to get into a debate on my views I just wanted to get into a debate abot other people's views"

no I wanted to know what makes your view conservative as it sounds more like a liberal view, cut the bullshit and stick to the facts.

#86 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@thegerg: no I wanted to know what makes your view conservative as it sounds more like a liberal view, cut the bullshit and stick to the facts.

Exactly, you were debating my view. I was right.

#87 Edited by Xeno_ghost (675 posts) -

@thegerg: "Because humans existed for thousands and thousands of years without states existing, let alone dictating who may or may not partake in an agreement like marriage"

You sound like a Complete and utter liberal a rebel against state governments.

#88 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@thegerg: "Because humans existed for thousands and thousands of years without states existing, let alone dictating who may or may not partake in an agreement like marriage"

You sound like a Complete and utter liberal a rebel against state governments.

OK, but I'm not.

What does that have to do with which side your views align with? Isn't that just what you wanted? Why debate my views?

#89 Posted by Xeno_ghost (675 posts) -

@thegerg: "Exactly, you were debating my view. I was right"

No I'm not debating your view, I'm debating what makes your view conservative, get that into your brain and let it marinade. I couldn't give two shits about your view just.

#90 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@thegerg: "Exactly, you were debating my view. I was right"

No I'm not debating your view, I'm debating what makes your view conservative, get that into your brain and let it marinade. I couldn't give two shits about your view just.

"I couldn't give two shits about your view just."

Your numerous posts debating my view on gay marriage tell a different story.

#91 Edited by Xeno_ghost (675 posts) -

@thegerg: "What does that have to do with which side your views align with? Isn't that just what you wanted? Why debate my views"

What are you rambling on about? Look this thread is about what makes a person Liberal or Conservative from what I've read in this thread your view sounded like a liberal view, I was not debating wether your view is right or wrong good or bad stupid or clever, I was trying to find out what makes your view a conservative one as I am trying to learn the difference between conservatives and liberals. Some of the reasons you have given as to why your view is conservative don't seem to fit in with what I have read about how a conservative thinks.

Now I posted a few of my views because I was asked to by a user so we could find out wether I was liberal or conservative, I was initially reluctant to do this because I knew that YOU would be right up my arse challenging my views and I didn't want this thread turning into a debate on my views, that's why I left it a while before posting my views, and without fail there you was right on the button as soon as I posted my views, so rather than help me figure out which side I am on you challenge one of my views, cheers your most helpful.

Now once again I was not challenging your view I was challenging what makes your view conservative, you are challenging my view directly.

#92 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@thegerg: "What does that have to do with which side your views align with? Isn't that just what you wanted? Why debate my views"

What are you rambling on about? Look this thread is about what makes a person Liberal or Conservative from what I've read in this thread your view sounded like a liberal view, I was not debating wether your view is right or wrong good or bad stupid or clever, I was trying to find out what makes your view a conservative one as I am trying to learn the difference between conservatives and liberals. Some of the reasons you have given as to why your view is conservative don't seem to fit in with what I have read about how a conservative thinks.

Now I posted a few of my views because I was asked to by a user so we could find out wether I was liberal or conservative, I was initially reluctant to do this because I knew that YOU would be right up my arse challenging my views and I didn't want this thread turning into a debate on my views, that's why I left it a while before posting my views, and without fail there you was right on the button as soon as I posted my views, so rather than help me figure out which side I am on you challenge one of my views, cheers your most helpful.

Now once again I was not challenging your view I was challenging what makes your view conservative, you are challenging my view directly.

"I was not debating wether your view is right or wrong good or bad stupid or clever,"

I never said that you were.

"I knew that YOU would be right up my arse challenging my views and I didn't want this thread turning into a debate on my views,"

I don't want it to turn into that either (though you seem to have no problem debating about my beliefs), I was just curious as to why and how you think disallowing gay marriages in churches would work.

"Now once again I was not challenging your view I was challenging what makes your view conservative, you are challenging my view directly."

I'm not "directly" challenging anything more than you are.

#93 Edited by Xeno_ghost (675 posts) -

@thegerg: "Your numerous posts debating my view on gay marriage tell a different story"

Again I will explain to you again I don't care I've got all night bro, I'm not debating your view on gay marriage I'm debating what makes your view on gay marriage conservative. I couldn't give two flying fucks about your view, what I do give a fuck about is what makes your view a conservative view.

#94 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@thegerg: "Your numerous posts debating my view on gay marriage tell a different story"

Again I will explain to you again I don't care I've got all night bro, I'm not debating your view on gay marriage I'm debating what makes your view on gay marriage conservative. I couldn't give two flying fucks about your view, what I do give a fuck about is what makes your view a conservative view.

"I couldn't give two flying fucks about your view"

Then why spend so much time "debating what makes [my] view on gay marriage conservative"? If you didn't care about it you'd just let it go.

#95 Edited by Xeno_ghost (675 posts) -

@thegerg: "Then why spend so much time "debating what makes [my] view on gay marriage conservative"? If you didn't care about it you'd just let it go"

And you wonder why people call you names and insult you.

#96 Edited by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@xeno_ghost said:

@thegerg: "Then why spend so much time "debating what makes [my] view on gay marriage conservative"? If you didn't care about it you'd just let it go"

And you wonder why people call you names and insult you.

I don't wonder. It's because they are unable to express themselves in a mature manner when someone disagrees with them.

#97 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13986 posts) -

It's to gain an identity in society, to have a common opinion with other folks. Some people take it way too serious, we have the idiotic conservatives in the south and we have the idiotic liberals in California.

#98 Edited by Xeno_ghost (675 posts) -

@thegerg: "I don't wonder. It's because they are unable to express themselves in a mature manner when someone disagrees with them"

No they insult you because you are annoying you twist people's words around to suit your arguments. I've spent X amount of post trying to explain to you that I don't care about your view per se but I'm intrested in the reasons that make your view conservative, then when you finally get it you say;

"Then why spend so much time "debating what makes [my] view on gay marriage conservative"? If you didn't care about it you'd just let it go"

It's cool, you get your jollies from being annoying on the internet and getting on people's nerves, it's quite sad really.

Each to their own I guess.

#99 Edited by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@xeno_ghost: I'm not sure why you have such a hard time admitting that you (for whatever reason) have been debating me about my view.

#100 Posted by Xeno_ghost (675 posts) -

@thegerg: you are truly pathetic, I mean really?