Proposal to allow schools to report g@ys

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Legend002 (6569 posts) -

What a joke.

#52 Posted by -eddy- (11443 posts) -

This is why some people shouldn't be allowed to vote; they vote for people like this. This proposal is so wrong.

Shadow4020

Wrong. People who are against these propositions should vote more. That's the problem.

#53 Posted by tenaka2 (17010 posts) -

What a joke.

Legend002

But on the plus side it would give the parents the chance to send there troubled kids to one of the Christian re-education camps were they could be cured.

#54 Posted by MetalDogGear (806 posts) -

I'd hate to roll out the 1984 wagon but....

#55 Posted by MetalDogGear (806 posts) -

I could partly see this being ok if it were the exact opposite of what it actually is.

If it was for help and counseling on bullying issues and getting advice on how to deal with a society that despises you, then yeah that might be ok.

#56 Posted by Aljosa23 (23598 posts) -

haha Republicans

I wonder what ShadowMoses thinks of this.

#57 Posted by BossPerson (9176 posts) -

whippasmt, your move

find some way to justify this

#58 Posted by wis3boi (30260 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shadow4020"]

This is why some people shouldn't be allowed to vote; they vote for people like this. This proposal is so wrong.

-eddy-

Wrong. People who are against these propositions should vote more. That's the problem.

sane people are heavily outnumbered

#59 Posted by LJS9502_basic (148539 posts) -
I don't feel like reading the link but the part you quoted is about safety issues. So I'm not sure what your argument is....
#60 Posted by comp_atkins (30758 posts) -
jfc.... your kid is not going to be "turned gay if they learn that gay people exist...
#61 Posted by Aljosa23 (23598 posts) -

I don't feel like reading the link but the part you quoted is about safety issues. So I'm not sure what your argument is....LJS9502_basic
haha wut

#62 Posted by tenaka2 (17010 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I don't feel like reading the link but the part you quoted is about safety issues. So I'm not sure what your argument is....Aljosa23

haha wut

Attempting to defend in indefensible takes character.

#63 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I don't feel like reading the link but the part you quoted is about safety issues. So I'm not sure what your argument is....tenaka2

haha wut

LJS argues for the sake of arguing if you haven't noticed, I think he's basically opinionless.
#64 Posted by LJS9502_basic (148539 posts) -

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I don't feel like reading the link but the part you quoted is about safety issues. So I'm not sure what your argument is....tenaka2

haha wut

I'm not defending it. The part he quoted said tell parents if there is a safety issue....would it better if the school said nothing and a child killed himself over harassment?
#65 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

This proposal is awful. Sadly I'm sure there are loads of people that support this kind of thing. 

#66 Posted by tenaka2 (17010 posts) -

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]haha wut

LJS9502_basic

I'm not defending it. The part he quoted said tell parents if there is a safety issue....would it better if the school said nothing and a child killed himself over harassment?

Thats not what the proposal is aboutm if you read down one line further all would become clear to you.

#67 Posted by LJS9502_basic (148539 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

Thats not what the proposal is aboutm if you read down one line further all would become clear to you.

Yeah I know....I just read the link. He probably shouldn't have put a quote there. I thought it was about issues with the child's safety.
#68 Posted by curono (7711 posts) -
And right wingers want a smaller less intrusive government. How strange.
#69 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

OT circlejerks about more stupid sh*t that won't get passed

#70 Posted by Diablo-B (4014 posts) -
Another example of why the government shouldn't be controlling the schools.Laihendi
Correction- why the republican party shouldn't be in power in the gov't
#71 Posted by DroidPhysX (17087 posts) -

1. Kid gets bullied for being g@y

2. Knows if he tells teacher, she would tell his parents 

3.parents are insane bible thumping homophobes

4. Kid opts get get bullied rather than getting beaten by parents for being gay 

Brilliant legislation

#72 Posted by Kats_RK (2077 posts) -

This is beyond stupid and to think some people accept this :(

#73 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15599 posts) -
Here's the bill in question: http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/108/Bill/SB0234.pdf The school should not have the power to out someone to a student's parents, except maybe for extreme dire circumstances.
#74 Posted by LJS9502_basic (148539 posts) -
[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]Here's the bill in question: The school should not have the power to out someone to a student's parents, except maybe for extreme dire circumstances.

Honestly I don't understand that....I'd love my child regardless....and cannot conceive of parents that wouldn't.
#75 Posted by toast_burner (20660 posts) -

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]haha wut

LJS9502_basic

You are aware that parents have killed their children because of their sexual orientation? They aren't doing it for safely reasons, they are doing it so kids will remain in the closet "act straight or I'll tell your parents your dirty little secret!"

#76 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15599 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]Here's the bill in question: The school should not have the power to out someone to a student's parents, except maybe for extreme dire circumstances.

Honestly I don't understand that....I'd love my child regardless....and cannot conceive of parents that wouldn't.

Not every parent is a good human being. But even still, as a parent, would you rather have your kid come out to you or a school outing your kid?
#77 Posted by LJS9502_basic (148539 posts) -
[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]Here's the bill in question: The school should not have the power to out someone to a student's parents, except maybe for extreme dire circumstances.

Not every parent is a good human being. But even still, as a parent, would you rather have your kid come out to you or a school outing your kid?

That's what I mean that I didn't understand. The school shouldn't be the one to do the telling....
#78 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15599 posts) -
[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Honestly I don't understand that....I'd love my child regardless....and cannot conceive of parents that wouldn't.LJS9502_basic

That's what I mean that I didn't understand. The school shouldn't be the one to do the telling....

Ahh, my misunderstanding.
#79 Posted by LJS9502_basic (148539 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

toast_burner

You are aware that parents have killed their children because of their sexual orientation? They aren't doing it for safely reasons, they are doing it so kids will remain in the closet "act straight or I'll tell your parents your dirty little secret!"

I already said I only went by the snippet he quoted and thought it was the child's safety as an issue.
#80 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

Meh, don't see a point in reporting gays.  Chances are if they are an outspoken gay person than most everyone already knows ( including their immediate family).  Just let them live like everyone else.

#81 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12239 posts) -

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] I'm not defending it. The part he quoted said tell parents if there is a safety issue....would it better if the school said nothing and a child killed himself over harassment?LJS9502_basic

I already said I only went by the snippet he quoted and thought it was the child's safety as an issue.

The snipped I posted included what Mr. Asshat defines as "an issue with the childs safety", and it isn't bullying:

Campfield told reporters on Wednesday that he considers the "act of homosexuality" to be dangerous to a child's health and safety.

#82 Posted by LJS9502_basic (148539 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]You are aware that parents have killed their children because of their sexual orientation? They aren't doing it for safely reasons, they are doing it so kids will remain in the closet "act straight or I'll tell your parents your dirty little secret!"

br0kenrabbit

The snipped I posted included what Mr. Asshat defines as "an issue with the childs safety", and it isn't bullying:

Campfield told reporters on Wednesday that he considers the "act of homosexuality" to be dangerous to a child's health and safety.

I know. I read the article now. And I disagree with it.

Edit:  The government involvement is what I disagree with....

#83 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12239 posts) -

I know. I read the article now. And I disagree with it.

Edit:  The government involvement is what I disagree with....

LJS9502_basic

So am I to read into that "The government involvement is what I disagree with...but not the intent"?

#84 Posted by metroidfood (11173 posts) -

Good. It is in the people's best interests to know which kids have homosexual tendencies and, most of all, what kind of dangerous super powers homosexuality bestows upon them. 

LordQuorthon

Dammit, I knew the gays were hogging all the X-genes!

#85 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15599 posts) -
I may be very off base but.....I find it extremely sad and pathetic that the US is trying to combat bullying and to prevent teen suicide (which LGBT teens have a higher suicide rate) and people like Campfield is trying to put these policies in place where I wouldn't be surprised if the rates rise.
#86 Posted by LJS9502_basic (148539 posts) -
I may be very off base but.....I find it extremely sad and pathetic that the US is trying to combat bullying and to prevent teen suicide (which LGBT teens have a higher suicide rate) and people like Campfield is trying to put these policies in place where I wouldn't be surprised if the rates rise.Ring_of_fire
I don't think this will pass.....
#87 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12239 posts) -

I may be very off base but.....I find it extremely sad and pathetic that the US is trying to combat bullying and to prevent teen suicide (which LGBT teens have a higher suicide rate) and people like Campfield is trying to put these policies in place where I wouldn't be surprised if the rates rise.Ring_of_fire

Welcome to the Christian Right: "Government out of our homes and free will for everyone....as long as you love The Lord Jesus Christ, speak English, think science is a social-engineering scam, aren't gay and are white enough to be seen in the dark!"

#88 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15599 posts) -
[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]I may be very off base but.....I find it extremely sad and pathetic that the US is trying to combat bullying and to prevent teen suicide (which LGBT teens have a higher suicide rate) and people like Campfield is trying to put these policies in place where I wouldn't be surprised if the rates rise.LJS9502_basic

I don't think it will either, but it's really the intent of what he's trying to do that irritates/frightens me. The only reason the other bill died was it wasn't presented to the senate due to lack of votes. What if the senate thinks he has the votes?
#89 Posted by metroidfood (11173 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]I may be very off base but.....I find it extremely sad and pathetic that the US is trying to combat bullying and to prevent teen suicide (which LGBT teens have a higher suicide rate) and people like Campfield is trying to put these policies in place where I wouldn't be surprised if the rates rise.br0kenrabbit

Welcome to the Christian Right: "Government out of our homes and free will for everyone....as long as you love The Lord Jesus Christ, speak English, think science is a social-engineering scam, aren't gay and are white enough to be seen in the dark!"

fyeahamerica-montage.jpg

#90 Posted by LJS9502_basic (148539 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]I may be very off base but.....I find it extremely sad and pathetic that the US is trying to combat bullying and to prevent teen suicide (which LGBT teens have a higher suicide rate) and people like Campfield is trying to put these policies in place where I wouldn't be surprised if the rates rise.Ring_of_fire

I don't think it will either, but it's really the intent of what he's trying to do that irritates/frightens me. The only reason the other bill died was it wasn't presented to the senate due to lack of votes. What if the senate thinks he has the votes?

This is why people need to become more involved in government. Politicians do heed voters if their candidacy is threatened. But if no one opposes them....they do what they want. Honestly....I cannot stand intolerant people.
#91 Posted by DaBrainz (7481 posts) -
Don't these guys end up being closet gays anyway or is that just in the movies? This is way the nanny state fails.
#92 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12239 posts) -

fyeahamerica-montage.jpg

metroidfood

It's required that a tear be coming out of the Eagles eye these days, since we've lost this country to the gay tree-hugging hippie communist socializing fascist bastard pot-smoking liberal elite.

#93 Posted by wis3boi (30260 posts) -

Brilliant legislation

DroidPhysX

Relevant: 40% of homeless kids in Salt Lake are gay I think we know what happened

#94 Posted by Shinobi-Neo (243 posts) -

Oh republicans. Just can't get out of the 50s....

MakeMeaSammitch

true.

#95 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15599 posts) -

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

Brilliant legislation

wis3boi

Relevant: 40% of homeless kids in Salt Lake are gay I think we know what happened

To be "fair", it is not just Utah/SLC where that is a problem.

According to a study by UCLA, 43% of homeless LGBT youth was due to being forced out by parents.  I am not sure what the ages studied were, but I assume it was under 18 years.  The people who would kick out their own kids for sexuality/gender identification are horrible parents.

#96 Posted by thebest31406 (3180 posts) -

Jesus Crist you're stupid lai.

MakeMeaSammitch
loool sometimes a few words is all you need.
#97 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18296 posts) -
They should only be allowed to report it if everyone can be reported for any sexual activity. Which I assume is the case in most if not all schools.
#98 Posted by The_Gaming_Baby (6292 posts) -

It's amazing how wrong some people can be

#99 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -
Ughhhh. They're gay not criminals. The ACLU you will be all over this if they actually go through with it.
#100 Posted by LJS9502_basic (148539 posts) -
Ughhhh. They're gay not criminals. The ACLU you will be all over this if they actually go through with it.layton2012
Children are never afforded the same protections as adults....