Post-hardcore - Screamo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts

I have little expeirience with these two genres. I can't seem to find any screamo bands. I do like soem of Alexisonfire, they are post- hardcore right? I just want to get more expeirience points on the punk side of heavy music.

I guess I should ask a question. What is the difference between them and what are soem good examples?

mealex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mealex
Member since 2005 • 1564 Posts

The name post-hardcore is sodding stupid. There are plenty of hardcore punk bands still around The Casualties, The Unseen, Bad Religion, The Exploited etc. And the difference between hardcore and screamo is vast mainly instrumentals and lyrics. Screamo is just emos trying to sound hardcore, however every screamo band that has ever existed and will exist later on has had or will fail horribly because noone can make a whiny ***** sound cool.

Also SCREAMO IS NOT PUNK. Emo is not punk unless you are referring solely to Fugazi. It evolved out of punk, but it is so vastly different if you tell any punk emo or screamo is punk you likely to catch a shoe or fist to the mouth.

skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts

The only post-hardcore band that needs mentioning is Beloved

dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts

I have little expeirience with these two genres. I can't seem to find any screamo bands. I do like soem of Alexisonfire, they are post- hardcore right? I just want to get more expeirience points on the punk side of heavy music.

I guess I should ask a question. What is the difference between them and what are soem good examples?

lycrof

please...i beg you not to listen to screamo...stick with Metal

Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cerussite
Member since 2007 • 3084 Posts

The name post-hardcore is sodding stupid. There are plenty of hardcore punk bands still around The Casualties, The Unseen, Bad Religion, The Exploited etc. And the difference between hardcore and screamo is vast mainly instrumentals and lyrics. Screamo is just emos trying to sound hardcore, however every screamo band that has ever existed and will exist later on has had or will fail horribly because noone can make a whiny ***** sound cool.

Also SCREAMO IS NOT PUNK. Emo is not punk unless you are referring solely to Fugazi. It evolved out of punk, but it is so vastly different if you tell any punk emo or screamo is punk you likely to catch a shoe or fist to the mouth.

mealex

Fugazi, emo? :lol:

Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Tuky06
Member since 2007 • 5026 Posts
[QUOTE="lycrof"]

dante_123456

I feel sad when people think I like screamo or that I'm emo just because I like heavy metal :(

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts
Lol, I love when people bash other's taste in music. Music is all subjective. It's like me saying an opinion can be wrong.
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
[QUOTE="lycrof"]

dante_123456

Dont worry. I listened to some stuff on youtube and cant see myself listing to the genre other than torture, But I do like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WlSzWq7rBk

Ghardon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Ghardon
Member since 2003 • 310 Posts

mealex

Woah, hey, let's turn down the grr me tough me no listen emo a little, shall we?

dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
[QUOTE="dante_123456"][QUOTE="lycrof"]

Tuky06

I feel sad when people think I like screamo or that I'm emo just because I like heavy metal :(

i hate it when people think Death Metal and Screamo is the same thing...makes me want to punch a baby