Post here if you're watching WWE Monday Night RAW tonight

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Link456710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Link456710
Member since 2016 • 142 Posts

I can't wait to see what happens tonight.:-)

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Will it have John Cena?

Loading Video...

-Byshop

Link456710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Link456710
Member since 2016 • 142 Posts

John Cena isn't coming back until tomorrow night.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@Byshop: He's in Smackdown only

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Give me a yell when some new blood starts running the show. VKM needs to hang it up as does his children (or in-law).

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@Solaryellow:

Raw/SmackDown has been horrible since 2002. =(

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44145 Posts

Watching it right now.

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3106 Posts

I watched last night. I love watching guys on steroids wearing very little clothing pretend to beat each other up.

It does exciting things.... to my nether regions....

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Solaryellow

@PSP107 said:

@Solaryellow:

Raw/SmackDown has been horrible since 2002. =(

The lack of viable competition caused the brand to go stale. Some of the decisions made by the boss didn't help either but the company has grown weak w/o an organization to offer competition on Monday and whatever night Smackdown is on.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PSP107

@Solaryellow: "The lack of viable competition caused the brand to go stale. Some of the decisions made by the boss didn't help either but the company has grown weak w/o an organization to offer competition on Monday and whatever night Smackdown is on."

Healthy competition could help but I don't think wrestling will ever be as popular as 1996-2001. Both WCW and WWF were beating Monday Night Football in the ratings.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FireEmblem_Man

@GalvatronType_R said:

I watched last night. I love watching guys on steroids wearing very little clothing pretend to beat each other up.

It does exciting things.... to my nether regions....

Wish that was true, but Vince Meek Mahaan has put on a very strict steroid policy with the company. If any employees caught with doping, they get a 30 day suspension, also repeating will result a termination of the wrestler's contract.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FireEmblem_Man

@Byshop said:

Will it have John Cena?

Loading Video...

-Byshop

Your boy John Cena is challenging the Phenomenal 1, the face that runs the place, and the Champ that runs the Camp, AJ Styles for the WWE Championship. John Cena is aiming to tie Ric Flair's record to become 16 time champion before he retires.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

I only watch the recap on Youtube and only segments with Chris Jericho in it (and Kevin Owens to a lesser extent). It's too bad Jericho has become essentially a punching bag though.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PSP107

@FireEmblem_Man:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0T--EKNZL68

I got more enjoyment of this 24 min clip than I got out of the whole 14 year WWE era.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Byshop  Moderator

@FireEmblem_Man: To be clear, I'm an adult so I absolutely have no interest in "Pro Wrestling" whatsoever. I just thought that prank call was funny.

-Byshop

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56087 Posts

@Byshop said:

@FireEmblem_Man: To be clear, I'm an adult so I absolutely have no interest in "Pro Wrestling" whatsoever. I just thought that prank call was funny.

-Byshop

You may not have no interest in Pro Wrestling but bet you play the WWE games in the past? Am I right?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Byshop  Moderator

@davillain- said:
@Byshop said:

-Byshop

You may not have no interest in Pro Wrestling but bet you play the WWE games in the past? Am I right?

I may have played a game at a friend's house like once but otherwise no.

-Byshop

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56087 Posts

@Byshop: Fair enough.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Byshop  Moderator

@davillain- said:

@Byshop: Fair enough.

The only time I enjoyed wrestling was way before they called it WWE. Hulk Hogan, Jake the Snake, Sgt. Slaughter, Andre The Giant, Rowdy Roddy Piper (They Live rocks), etc.

-Byshop

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Solaryellow

@PSP107 said:

@Solaryellow: "The lack of viable competition caused the brand to go stale. Some of the decisions made by the boss didn't help either but the company has grown weak w/o an organization to offer competition on Monday and whatever night Smackdown is on."

Healthy competition could help but I don't think wrestling will ever be as popular as 1996-2001. Both WCW and WWF were beating Monday Night Football in the ratings.

The WWE went from PG-13 (or even more risque) to PG for some odd reason which I believe was to court more women and children. That idea backfired right in the face of the decision makers since it seems as if Stamford is getting killed in ratings and all around interest. I'd go back even earlier than 1996 in terms of popularity though. IMO wrestling changed when Nitro and Raw hit the waves. Those programs really started gathering the interest of people. The popularity of the Monday Night Wars was thanks to the shock effect and the pushing of the proverbial envelope by each company and that all went away thanks to the bone headed decisions down in Atlanta.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PSP107

@Solaryellow: "I'd go back even earlier than 1996 in terms of popularity though."

Well 70's was dominated by territories. They made money but not big money.

Hulkmania in the 80's was huge and it was the 1st time wrestling was considered mainstream. Hulk Hogan was everywhere during that time. But that momentum died.

The New Generation led by Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart didn't do well in the early 90's.

By mid 96 it was a shift in the air and the wrestling industry was about to get a spark it needed. Eric Bisshoff(lol) NWO idea change the future of wrestling but it was also the death of WCW.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@Byshop said:

Will it have John Cena?

-Byshop

Thats was so funny, lol ..

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Solaryellow

@PSP107 said:

@Solaryellow: "I'd go back even earlier than 1996 in terms of popularity though."

Well 70's was dominated by territories. They made money but not big money.

Hulkmania in the 80's was huge and it was the 1st time wrestling was considered mainstream. Hulk Hogan was everywhere during that time. But that momentum died.

The New Generation led by Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart didn't do well in the early 90's.

By mid 96 it was a shift in the air and the wrestling industry was about to get a spark it needed. Eric Bisshoff(lol) NWO idea change the future of wrestling but it was also the death of WCW.

Back with the territories people were not forced with the same crap night after night like we've seen when it was two predominant companies and even more with only one today. The only thing which could make up for the same routine was mixing in some unpredictability like the days when Nitro and Raw went at it because quite honestly it was more sensationalism than anything. Wrestling started coming into its own when MTV and NBC got involved and it grew to the apex during the MNW.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

The quality of in ring work is better now in wrestling than it has ever been.

The psychology of wrestling, and the ability to work a crowd however is lost.

Too many scripts, not enough letting the talent do what they can do to engage the crowd.

The problem with Professional wresting today is it has become about selling merchandise, not tickets.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FireEmblem_Man

@Nuck81 said:

The quality of in ring work is better now in wrestling than it has ever been.

The psychology of wrestling, and the ability to work a crowd however is lost.

Too many scripts, not enough letting the talent do what they can do to engage the crowd.

The problem with Professional wresting today is it has become about selling merchandise, not tickets.

I say that they're selling tkt's just fine, problem is that the WWE has a near monopoly for TV time and has no other major competition. TNA is only surviving because of Broken Matt Hardy and took only washed up WWE mid cards in their line up. Jeff Jarrett is delusional to think that he's capable to main even matches, and also a scammer for his pyramid scheme for Global Force Wrestling. So far, the indie scene is where to go now like RoH, Lucha Underground, New Japan Pro, and Shimmer (women's wrestling).

I also agree, WWE has too much talent, but have dumb writers that can't fit all of them and only go for those that sell merchandise.