This past Saturday, February 22, the Feast of the Chair of St. Peter, Pope Francis held a ceremony creating 19 new Cardinals, 18 of which showed up (98 year old Francesco Loris Capovilla, born in 1915, was created a cardinal in absentia, I'm guessing he probably didn't show up for age/health reasons). The 18 Cardinals present received their rings and birettas from Pope Francis in a ceremony conducted in Latin.
In attendance at the ceremony was Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI (Today is actually one year to the day that he resigned), whom Pope Francis had invited personally invited. The Pope and his predecessor embraced and exchanged greetings before the start of the ceremony.
The 19 new Cardinals are:
1. Pietro Parolin, Secretary of State of the Holy See.
2. Lorenzo Baldisseri, Secretary General of the Synod of Bishops
3. Gerhard Ludwig Muller, Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
4. Beniamino Stella, Prefect of the Congregation for the Clergy
5. Vincent Gerard Nichols, Archbishop of Westminster
6. Leopoldo Jose Brenes Solórzano, Archbishop of Managua (Nicaragua)
7. Gerald Cyprien Lacroix, I.S.P.X. Archbishop of Quebec
8. Jean-Pierre Kutwa, Archbishop of Abidjan (Ivory Coast)
9. Orani Joao Tempesta, O. Cist., Archbishop of Sao Sebastiao do Rio de Janeiro
10. Gualtiero Bassetti, Vice President of the Italian Episcopal Conference for Central Italy, Archbishop of Perugia-Citta della Pieve
11.Mario Aurelio Poli, President of the Episcopal Commission for Catholic Education and of the Episcopal Commission for Ministries of the Argentinean Episcopal Conference, Archbishop of Buenos Aires (The Diocese Pope Francis was Archbishop of before he was elected Pope)
12. Andrew Yeom Soo-Jung, Archbishop of Seoul
13. Ricardo Ezzatti Andrello, S.D.B., Archbishop of Santiago (Chile)
14. Phillippe Nakellentuba Ouedraogo, Archbishop of Ouadrago (Burkina Faso)
15. Orlando Quevedo, O.M.I., Archbishop of Cotabato (Philippines)
16. Chibly Langlois, Bishop of Les Cayes (Haiti)
17. Loris Francesco Capovilla, retired since 1988.
18. Sebastian Aguilar, C.M.F., Archbishop Emeritus of Pamplona (Spain)
19. Kelvin Edward Felix, Archbishop Emeritus of Castries (Saint Lucia)