PLS lock this thread it's ruined.

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA3K1DS20140421?irpc=932

Will there ever be an end to the mission? Will there forever be a US presence in Afghanistan? I would hope that eventually the US could leave the Afghans to it but I reckon as soon as they leave the fighting will intensify. The suicide bombings will resume. Maybe the US will just say well it's their problem now and leave them to it, would that be fair? Has enough American blood been spilt over there have they done their fair share? Maybe I don't know. It would be nice to see that the us/uk lives lost over there have not been for nothing and that a difference has been made.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Always good to provide a link on news thread. As for the troops, I don't know, I'm tired of all the "war on terror". You have to ask yourself what was the point of expending all that blood and treasure if Afghanistan reverts to a safe heaven for terrorist groups.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

The number of American troops in Afghanistan should be zero by now. We can't win this so-called War on Terror. Our forces are fighting an enemy in their own territory. They have plenty of hiding spots, and I'm sure there are plenty of men who are recruited into the Taliban for every man killed by a 5.56mm NATO round or a drone strike. It's an uphill battle that is next to impossible to win.

We can shoot as many bullets as we want or conduct as many drone attacks as we wish, but the enemy will just keep recruiting guys for each man killed. Not to mention they can blend in with civilians. Does that remind you of an enemy we fought in Southeast Asia during the 1950s, 1960s, and part of the 1970s? Ah, yes, the Viet Cong. This war in Afghanistan is resembling the Vietnam War in some ways. America needs to stop trying to win the biggest dick competition and focus on problems at home.

As long as there are humans, there will be terrorism. The same applies to the laughable War on Drugs. America needs to stop wasting time and money on wars it can't win, and focus on solving problems in our own country, like poverty, the lack of quality education, and infrastructure. Too bad our politicians only give a **** about money and re-election rather than the country and the state of its people. This war in Afghanistan is a waste of time and money, and more importantly, a waste of human lives. Osama bin Laden is dead. Can we fucking leave now?

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

And people are complaining because Russia's got a few forces in Ukraine.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ariabed

@gamerguru100: Taliban don't wear uniform they just look like everyday people you can't tell the difference, I don't like to say it but who knows how many of them have been recruited into the afghan army(sleeper cells) to call this a war on terror is ridiculous it's impossible to iradicate terrorism completely and by trying to do so America has probably created more terrorist than what there would have been. Do you think America was right to go to war after9/11?

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@ariabed said:

@gamerguru100: Taliban don't wear uniform they just look like everyday people you can't tell the difference, I don't like to say it but who knows how many of them have been recruited into the afghan army(sleeper cells) to call this a war on terror is ridiculous it's impossible to iradicate terrorism completely and by trying to do so America has probably created more terrorist than what there would have been. Do you think America was right to go to war after9/11?

Terrorists hijacking a few planes and flying them into the World Trade Center and Pentagon, killing thousands, is definitely an act worth going to war over. We killed the culprit who initiated and planned the attacks. So now is the time for US troops to come home. Staying will only make the situation worse.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

10k too many, i wonder what new battle field they will be deployed to.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

We need to leave Afghanistan for good, almost 13 years this October. I still remember the first day we went in, never did I imagine we'd still be at war at my age.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

Afghanistan is the land where the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) prophesied an Army would rise up and travel towards the holy land to take it back after the Muslims lose it, this army will be accompanied by the Mehdi and Jesus
if the elite truely believe and fear this, they are going to stay a little longer, not that they can stop it.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@GrayF0X786 said:

Afghanistan is the land where the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) prophesied an Army would rise up and travel towards the holy land to take it back after the Muslims lose it, this army will be accompanied by the Mehdi and Jesus

if the elite truely believe and fear this, they are going to stay a little longer, not that they can stop it.

Could you show me a reference? Because as far as I remember there's going to be this army called Mujahideen who rise from Sham and Syria.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GrayF0X786

@alim298 said:

@GrayF0X786 said:

Could you show me a reference? Because as far as I remember there's going to be this army called Mujahideen who rise from Sham and Syria.

If you see the black flags coming from Khurasan then go there even if you have to crawl because there is the Khalifah of Allah, the Mahdi."[Mustadrak al Hakim hadeeth no: 8578, Behaqi in Dalail an-Nabuwwah 6/516].

here is one. not really a strong hadith, especially with others contradicting this saying that the Mehdi will be born from Medina and will be announced at the Kaaba

most of this i learnt from Sheikh Imran Hossein

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 alim298

@GrayF0X786: Thank you. There's nothing better on the internet than two Muslims contributing their knowledge to one another. By the way is Sheikh Imran Hossein really good? I've been meaning to study a bit more hadith but I don't really have the time to delve deep into the two Sahihs so I've been thinking maybe there are some good alternatives perhaps?

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GrayF0X786

@alim298 said:

@GrayF0X786: Thank you. There's nothing better on the internet than two Muslims contributing their knowledge to one another. By the way is Sheikh Imran Hossein really good? I've been meaning to study a bit more hadith but I don't really have the time to delve deep into the two Sahihs so I've been thinking maybe there are some good alternatives perhaps?

he is great to listen to and makes alot of sense especially when he speaks about the war between Islam and Zionism in todays world.

something many modern sheikhs are too afraid to speak about

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts

Another thing that Americans should be appalled by is that most of the equipment troops use, like mine resistant APC's and the like, are just going to be left in the country and wasted. The billions of dollars spent to build those vehicles basically being thrown in the trash while criminals in Washington say that they have to raise taxes to keep the country running. The waste is staggering.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@GrayF0X786 said:

Is that where he raped his 9 year old wife?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Didn't Obama say they'd all be gone by now?

Also, why the **** is the Muhammad Troupe hijacking this thread?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Master_Live

Obama said a lot things, Obama said he would close Guantanamo.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 alim298

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@GrayF0X786 said:

You know I always had this question. Why do westerns rape their 18 year old immature girls? (I hope you understand what I'm saying)

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts
@alim298 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@GrayF0X786 said:

You know I always had this question. Why do westerns rape their 18 year old immature girls? (I hope you understand what I'm saying)

Biologically their lady parts are developed.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ariabed

@TruthTellers: @MakeMeaSammitch: lol people in their countries treat women like they're nothing there views on women are old fashioned and shit, it's a disgrace how thy treat women.

@truthtellers. Anything to help the afghan army handle there own shit and keep the Americans out of it is all good I guess.

Tangmashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tangmashi
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

@Master_Live:

He also said that you'd be able to keep your health insurance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#22 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@alim298 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@GrayF0X786 said:

We had religious discussions in the past and you seem like a great guy but did you just imply that since some 18yo's are immature any age should be fair game? Or are you saying that it's possible that a 9yo can be mentally and physically ready for sex?

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

We just need to leave. Afghanistan has been a graveyard for many great powers. We should have handled the war in a much different way than we did.

That is their way of life, and they don't plan on changing anytime soon. It has been in violence for decades.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GrayF0X786

@foxhound_fox said:

you mention Afghanistan, you better be damn fucking right the Muslims have a say in this.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@GrayF0X786 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

you mention Afghanistan, you better be damn fucking right the Muslims have a say in this.

The topic is about the US's troop deployment in the country... not about Islam.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@GrayF0X786 said:

Cool story Hansel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

@Nibroc420: Ukraine didn't shelter an organization that bombed Russia.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

@sherman-tank1 said:

No, Ukraine only committed genocide by ordering their military snipers to gun down protesters.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By alim298

@korvus said:

@alim298 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@GrayF0X786 said:

We had religious discussions in the past and you seem like a great guy but did you just imply that since some 18yo's are immature any age should be fair game? Or are you saying that it's possible that a 9yo can be mentally and physically ready for sex?

Sorry for replying this late.

I know. This isn't the best way to argue. People often reject this accusation by saying that even though they were married they did not have any intercourse until she was a grown up. I was just trying to poke fun at people who set these age limits because yes I believe girls younger than 18 (not necessarily 9) can be ready to get married.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Master_Live

@Nibroc420 said:

@sherman-tank1 said:

No, Ukraine only committed genocide by ordering their military snipers to gun down protesters.

Genocide?

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ariabed

@alim298: hey go and talk about underage sex/marriage whatever on your own thread.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Master_Live

@ariabed said:

@alim298: hey go and talk about underage sex/marriage whatever on your on thread.

lol

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 alim298

@ariabed:

Yeah sorry. I just thought it'll be rude not to reply to Korvus. You can't imagine my fatigue as I'm writing these sentences. Had a VERY long day... Good luck with the U.S topic folks!

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

leave it to gamespot and people's shitty logic to nuke a thread about something totally different

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

that is barley enough to staff halliburtons taco bells and kfc's.

how will they get crunchtadas and extra crispy???

how?

how????

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

What is the U.S doing in Afghanistan again? And for how long has it been doing it? I guess "territorial integrity" is a rather loose and elective concept.

I think its about fucking time the U.S forces that are deployed in Afghanistan drop down to zero.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

@Nibroc420: Sorry but your claims of genocide have no substance. Why don't you give some evidence to support your accusations?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

@GazaAli: Al-Qaeda operated in Afghanistan during Taliban rule. US invade so this does not continue. Stays to ensure a somewhat stable government is in place to ensure no return of Al-Qaeda. Blunders by American leaders allowed Taliban to regroup during the mid-2000s so the intervention was extended to combat that. That is the basics.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

We've been there far too long. The fighting will continue if we're there or not. The Afghan government has to stand on their own 2 feet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

I Love The United States Of America.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

@HoolaHoopMan: Right, but there is a lot of training and supplying and a lot of transaction that needs to take place. Not to mention all the logistics from withdrawing from an entire country.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ariabed

@sherman-tank1: yeah I don't think the US should leave prematurely, although they have been there for a bunch of years it's best to give all the help training and equipment they can, so the afghans can look after themselves.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GazaAli

@sherman-tank1 said:

@GazaAli: Al-Qaeda operated in Afghanistan during Taliban rule. US invade so this does not continue. Stays to ensure a somewhat stable government is in place to ensure no return of Al-Qaeda. Blunders by American leaders allowed Taliban to regroup during the mid-2000s so the intervention was extended to combat that. That is the basics.

I find the concept of fully fledged preemptive military invasions to be quite abhorrent and absurd.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GazaAli

@reaper4278 said:

@GazaAli said:

What is the U.S doing in Afghanistan again? And for how long has it been doing it? I guess "territorial integrity" is a rather loose and elective concept.

I think its about fucking time the U.S forces that are deployed in Afghanistan drop down to zero.

Lots of Muslims talking shit in here. The FACT is we have been trying to leave your shithole for years, just the ANA has taken forever to get to a point where they can handle things. They are just now taking over most of the operations. Trust me, we want to fucking leave much more than any of you want us too. Keep your shithole.

And bring those black flags, we have a hellfire for each and every one of you Al Qaeda asshats. Not point at you GazaAli, that is for your other buddies in this thread.

Settle down tough guy I'm not talking from a theological point of view nor am I talking as a Muslim.

The point here is very simple, the "territorial integrity" of Afghanistan should have compelled the U.S to abstain from invading the country; if the U.S gives a **** about such a thing that is.