This topic is locked from further discussion.

tondeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tondeezy
Member since 2009 • 221 Posts

anyone ever deliver pizza? I have an interview tomorrow at the local pizza hut and would like any pointers you may have

thanks!

OmniXIISlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 OmniXIISlash
Member since 2011 • 39 Posts

I had an interview at a pizza hut a few weeks ago. When they ask why did you want this job don't say money. I said money and they seemed angry and then started talking about how they were looking for someone with more Pizza Hut Spirit or some garbage. Luckily it was only like a 2 minute interview before they asked that and clearly didn't like my answer unlike the hour long one at sears

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Say you like engaging with people, be upbeat, put some bounce in your step, and make sure to tuck in your shirt.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Know how to drive, know the area the restaurant serves (to be able to give the quickest delivery, nobody likes cold pizza because of a lost driver) and show them that you can count money to give change on your feet, should they ask.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#5 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

I had an interview at a pizza hut a few weeks ago. When they ask why did you want this job don't say money. I said money and they seemed angry and then started talking about how they were looking for someone with more Pizza Hut Spirit or some garbage. Luckily it was only like a 2 minute interview before they asked that and clearly didn't like my answer unlike the hour long one at sears

OmniXIISlash
Asif someone will actually dream to be a pizza boy. Everyone does it for the money and when I applied at Burger King they didn't seem to mind.
OmniXIISlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 OmniXIISlash

Say you like engaging with people, be upbeat, put some bounce in your step, and make sure to tuck in your shirt.ZumaJones07

I think the most important thing is to say that you love pizza hut and that's why you wanted to work there.

OmniXIISlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OmniXIISlash

[QUOTE="OmniXIISlash"]

JasonDarksavior

Asif someone will actually dream to be a pizza boy. Everyone does it for the money and when I applied at Burger King they didn't seem to mind.

Of course everyone does it for money, but don't say that.

VisigothSaxon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VisigothSaxon
Member since 2008 • 3789 Posts

[QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"][QUOTE="OmniXIISlash"]

OmniXIISlash

Of course everyone does it for money, but don't say that.

Why is your name so similar to Omni-Slashes?

tondeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tondeezy

haha well it went pretty well but we will see if i get that second interview

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts

haha well it went pretty well but we will see if i get that second interview

tondeezy
A second interview to deliver pizza? The economy must really be in bad shape. When I used to deliver at Pizza Hut, they only really cared that I didn't have a criminal background. They were desperate for drivers. It was a pretty fun job though.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

You definitely, definitely want a GPS. Even if you know your area well, you'll need one if you get the job since some places are damn hard to find. Some areas don't even show up well so I'd look up areas in your town that don't show up.

You should also know that middle class areas tip the best. The people tend to have worked enough to appreciate the work you go through for the tip, while not being too poor to tip efficiently.

tondeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tondeezy

You definitely, definitely want a GPS. Even if you know your area well, you'll need one if you get the job since some places are damn hard to find. Some areas don't even show up well so I'd look up areas in your town that don't show up.

You should also know that middle class areas tip the best. The people tend to have worked enough to appreciate the work you go through for the tip, while not being too poor to tip efficiently.

SPYDER0416

yea its in a good middleclass area. I have a second interview on thursday. Ihave a gps aswell but the manager said they use a coded mapping system.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Seriously, buy a really cheap POS beater second car with minimum insurance for yourself. It's not worth racking up tons of miles on your car. Also, get a GPS.

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
Hey I'm applying for the same job!
D-RS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 D-RS
Member since 2009 • 2003 Posts
Just laugh , be fast , don't get lost , and say that you love making people happy by delivering them Pizzas.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Hey I'm applying for the same job! fastesttruck
Let the brawl start!
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
Say you were born with the ability to find locations that is only rivalled by migrating birds.
Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts

Seriously, buy a really cheap POS beater second car with minimum insurance for yourself. It's not worth racking up tons of miles on your car. Also, get a GPS.

Pirate700
Wait, pizza guys have to use their own car? I always thought like the store owned it.
imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts
I use "alternative" motives in job interviews to really stand out.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

VanHelsingBoA64

Wait, pizza guys have to use their own car? I always thought like the store owned it.

You have to use your own. They of course pay for your gas bill but it's your car you're destroying by racking up another 20-30k miles a year.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
you have to pay for gas.. so it doesn't seem worth it
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pirate700

you have to pay for gas.. so it doesn't seem worth it weezyfb
No you don't. The company has to pay for your gas.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts

[QUOTE="weezyfb"]you have to pay for gas.. so it doesn't seem worth it Pirate700

No you don't. The company has to pay for your gas.

oh well that doesn't seem so bad.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#24 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Well for starters, a drivers licence is a huge plus for a job like this. It would be very inneficient trying to walk to each house.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

Well for starters, a drivers licence is a huge plus for a job like this. It would be very inneficient trying to walk to each house.

BuryMe
Joke?