Pixels is horrible...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hyksiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 hyksiu
Member since 2010 • 2201 Posts

I think its a horrible movie... Its a very bad representation of arcade games and its a bad representation of the last of us too. I am pretty sure that this game was much more than just shooting whatever comes at you... And also what kind of pattern does he see in those worm shooting bits? I only saw guys who shot at anything that moves. And whats with all the virgin and nerd jokes? I mean I don't think every single person who plays games is a nerd or a virgin.... And what so bad with that anyway... we don't need more people to polute the earth...

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

@hyksiu said:

- ... And whats with all the virgin and nerd jokes? I mean I don't think every single person who plays games is a nerd or a virgin.... And what so bad with that anyway... we don't need more people to polute the earth...

of all the arguments one could have thought of in terms of destigmatizing nerds and virgins

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58889 Posts

At least no native indians are walking off set.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

A horrible Adam Sandler movie? I've never heard of such a thing.

In case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44129 Posts

I'll probably still give it a go and watch it myself. I really don't mind the sterotypical gamer jokes so that wouldn't bother me.

hyksiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hyksiu

But it made no sense to me that he's trying to make the argument that new games are less strategic... He didn't include the many indie adventure games?

@BiancaDK said:
@hyksiu said:

- ... And whats with all the virgin and nerd jokes? I mean I don't think every single person who plays games is a nerd or a virgin.... And what so bad with that anyway... we don't need more people to polute the earth...

of all the arguments one could have thought of in terms of destigmatizing nerds and virgins

Well I do believe that on average nerds are much smarter than others. Is that good enough for you? For instance john carmack is a rocket scientist...

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

Meh, this movie I don't think was exactly on my must see list anyway. I admit commercials showing it looked kinda interesting, but right now I'm in a dilemma of whether I should see it or not.

I think I need more convincing that the movie actually really is that bad.

hyksiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hyksiu

Well I didn't feel like it was funny. And it was disrepectful towards new games in a way...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#9 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Never knew there were people actually interested in watching a giant Pacman lit up like a Christmas tree running rampart in a city while someone else is busy dodging DK barrels...

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Adam Sandler is a hack fraud con-man. Probably everyone on OT knows that.

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

If it wasn't for pac man destroying New York, I was ready to walk out. The concept was there, but the whole execution was a dismal failure.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#12 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I'll probably still give it a go and watch it myself. I really don't mind the sterotypical gamer jokes so that wouldn't bother me.

Yeah, I think the same too. I liked the trailer but I feel like the movie is a different story based on what people are saying.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts
@joehult said:

If it wasn't for pac man destroying New York, I was ready to walk out. The concept was there, but the whole execution was a dismal failure.

From what I understand, it wasn't even the real New York, it was Toronto in its place.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#14 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

It's a Sandler film, they often suck.

Avatar image for thefoxonthewall
TheFoxOnTheWall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 TheFoxOnTheWall
Member since 2014 • 90 Posts

Shame I enjoyed Sandlers old films, but if he is determined to put out D class films with cheap jokes then no I won't bother looking into his films anymore.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@thefoxonthewall said:

Shame I enjoyed Sandlers old films, but if he is determined to put out D class films with cheap jokes then no I won't bother looking into his films anymore.

Him and Kevin James are in cahoots to ruin comedy for everyone. They must be stopped.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18794 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

A horrible Adam Sandler movie? I've never heard of such a thing.

In case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic.

How dare you insult Waterboy? =(

@joehult said:

What is the concept?

@thehig1 said:

It's a Sandler film, they often suck.

Not waterboy =(

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

No surprise.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Adam Sandler is not known for good movies.

Loading Video...
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@hyksiu said:

its a bad representation of the last of us too. I am pretty sure that this game was much more than just shooting whatever comes at you...

Then you obviously never played it.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

It has Adam Sandler in it so...

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@PSP107: not all his movies suck, a few are good and a few are ok.

his last film I enjoyed was you dont mess wuth the zohan

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:
@joehult said:

From what I understand, it wasn't even the real New York, it was Toronto in its place.

Yeah, closing city streets in New York is really expensive. Remember that opening scene in Vanilla Sky? That was a significant chunk of that film's budget.

Toronto is North America's generic city analog shooting location. X-Men, Moonstruck, Max Payne, the first four Police Academy movies, Robocop, The Big Hit, The Fly, Pacific Rim, and a ton more were all shot in Toronto.

Also, what was the name of that one Jackie Chan movie that they brought out in the US that finally made him popular over here? The one with the big fight scene with the gangmembers where he jumps through the shopping cart and the finale where he leaps onto the hovercraft?

Now I remember! Rumble in The Vancouver! :)

-Byshop

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

It's a fun movie. It's not brilliant bit it's also not bad. Reviewers largely aren't even reviewing the movie but rather ripping on it being an Adam Sandler movie in general. I managed to see the crew screening back on Monday and was pleasantly surprised to find I enjoyed it.

All this movie really showed me was that these supposed reviewers are hacks and do not deserve their paychecks. They're panning the movie just to pan it. They came in with preconceived ideas about the movie and just didn't give it a fair shot.

So yeah, it's probably the best Adam Sandler movie in years if ever. That may not be saying much but it is what it is. The movie was enjoyable enough that I would consider it worth watching. Few Adam Sandler movies get that beneficial of a recommendation from me. I give Pixel a 8/10.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Loading Video...

Try the Original Short, you might like it better.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

This movie bombed the previews. Usually that's the best parts of the flick. If you can't grab my attention from a 20 second commercial, no way in hell are you going to get me to sit through 2 hours of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Lol even PCgamer wrote an article about it

Pixels is a terrible video game movie

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
@Gamerno6666 said:

Lol even PCgamer wrote an article about it

Pixels is a terrible video game movie

Yeah, he was all huffy and puffy and nearly tipped over in being offended lol. I'm surprised his limp wrists didn't snap under the weight of shaking his diet coke around.

Anyways, I didn't even really want to see the movie but my 10 year old daughter did so I took her last night...it was alright. The parts where they were fighting the video game characters was pretty fun and the movie got more than a few chuckles from me. She loved it though, she's a big gamer so from that perspective was totally worth it. There was a lot of 80's references she didn't even get but I enjoyed, heck, they even had Max Headroom in there :P

Not a great movie in the least, but for this 80's kid was a fun enough romp.

Bravo632

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bravo632
Member since 2015 • 207 Posts

I'm actually surprised people actually paid to have the poster on billboards here.
I knew what was coming from the trailer itself & it sucked.

Though I have to admit, I found it funny seeing the Pac-Man creator part in the trailer.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#30 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Another scam from Adam sandlers, he hires his friends like in every movie, who are also cheap terrible actors like him.

pizza_078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pizza_078
Member since 2015 • 126 Posts

I haven't watched that movie. Is it that bad?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

How in the world does this jackass still have an acting career outside of a coffee house or some obscure college play? He made some funny movies in the 90's when he was fresh on his SNL success and then the 2000's came and it all went to hell. This guy will literally put his name on anything as long as it has a good payday.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d7734d3cfbd
deactivated-57d7734d3cfbd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 deactivated-57d7734d3cfbd
Member since 2004 • 2356 Posts

Adam should retire, why do this?

centrifugal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 centrifugal
Member since 2015 • 104 Posts

The trailer looked pretty bad. Like they were trying to hard to make gamer jokes and make it funny. But of course it's an Adam Sandler movie.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#36 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:
@joehult said:

A film set in New York, but filmed in Canada is a common thing in films (Jackie Chan's Rumble in the Bronx was shot in Vancouver, British Columbia).

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@davillain- said:

It's a fun movie. It's not brilliant bit it's also not bad. Reviewers largely aren't even reviewing the movie but rather ripping on it being an Adam Sandler movie in general. I managed to see the crew screening back on Monday and was pleasantly surprised to find I enjoyed it.

All this movie really showed me was that these supposed reviewers are hacks and do not deserve their paychecks. They're panning the movie just to pan it. They came in with preconceived ideas about the movie and just didn't give it a fair shot.

So yeah, it's probably the best Adam Sandler movie in years if ever. That may not be saying much but it is what it is. The movie was enjoyable enough that I would consider it worth watching. Few Adam Sandler movies get that beneficial of a recommendation from me. I give Pixel a 8/10.

Me to a 8/10 score, i'm with @davillain- on the score. People take the story to movies to dam seriously, "ITS A MOVIE " , lol .

I thought it was great, very enjoyable, funny, lots of cool graphics. The Donkey Kong arcade part played by humans rocked. I might like it more because i grew up in the arcade era, so it was very cool to see the games back on screen, and being played by humans was a huge plus. It did not have to follow the exact patterns, they always have to make adjustments because its a movie. I like it. I did not go see this movie expecting it to win a Oscar.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#38 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I thought the premise sounded mildly interesting, did a modicum of research and lost all of that interest I had. Even with Adam Sandler's "best" movies, they're little more than mediocre (from what I've seen- I don't make viewing him a habit). Anyone who went in with any sort of expectations for this movie deserve whatever horrible experience they had in the theater. His new stuff is like the bottom of the barrel fell out and he's digging through the dirt looking for pieces of shit. And he keeps finding ones made of pure gold, because his movies always do really well for some goddamn reason. So yeah, saying that Pixels is anything other than terrible doesn't surprise me considering the "creative minds" behind it.

PS. Before anyone mentions how Punch Drunk Love is a god movie, I'll say that I agree. It's a god movie. The thing is, it's not an Adam Sandler movie, it's a movie with Adam Sandler in it. Unlike the Happy Madison "movies," there's genuine talent behind the directing, writing and acting of PDL.