• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

I routinely scan the pages of our county jail's recent intake list, scanning the images for people I know. So many people I went to school with keep popping up, wasted and aged beyond their years.

Just today I ran across the image there of a girl I dated in junior high, she looks easily 20 years older than I am, missing teeth, sores all over her face...it's disheartening. She was a beautiful girl, but those pills...

And then I click over to the local news site, and what do I see? A new pain clinic is about to open.

I don't deny that people have a personal responsibility to make their own decisions, but you and I both know big pharma push this $hit to doctors who write scripts like they're going out of style. Used to if your back hurt, the doc would ask you why your back hurt and then tell you not to do that anymore, or to take some Tylenol and deal with it. Now, out comes the script pad.

Pills are a terrible travesty in my area. I almost never hear of arrests or busts for illegal drugs anymore, it's all prescription meds.

Are pills a big problem in your area? Do you think doctors prescribe this $hit too freely?

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Yup, going by your description I'm sure it was just pills and pills alone. I know that meth, for example, totally doesn't do that to people.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 br0kenrabbit

Yup, going by your description I'm sure it was just pills and pills alone. I know that meth, for example, totally doesn't do that to people.

worlock77

The charges are listed under the persons photo. When the term 'unlawful xxx of prescription medication' appears, it's pretty evident it isn't meth.:roll:

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Pills is very vague.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

br0kenrabbit

The charges are listed under the persons photo. When the term 'unlawful xxx of prescription medication' appears, it's pretty evident it isn't meth.:roll:

Of course. The drug she was arrested for is obviously the only drug she's ever done.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 br0kenrabbit

Of course. The drug she was arrested for is obviously the only drug she's ever done.

worlock77

We have no evidence to the contrary, but you can assume and talk out your ass all you want. I'm not saying she hasn't done meth, but meth isn't listed as a charge, pills are a really big problem in this area, and we know 100% that pills were involved in this arrest.

:roll:

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

br0kenrabbit

We have no evidence to the contrary, but you can assume and talk out your ass all you want. I'm not saying she hasn't done meth, but meth isn't listed as a charge, pills are a really big problem in this area, and we know 100% that pills were involved in this arrest.

:roll:

I'm not speaking of the arrest specifically, but rather your statement:

"Just today I ran across the image there of a girl I dated in junior high, she looks easily 20 years older than I am, missing teeth, sores all over her face...it's disheartening. She was a beautiful girl, but those pills..."

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

br0kenrabbit
While that arrest was for unlawful xxx of prescription medication, it's a stretch to conclude that the person's condition is due to pills. While I hate generalizing, it's no secret that junkies often get into various kinds of legal trouble. I've known crackheads and alcoholics who were arrested for weed. But it wasn't the weed that f***ed them up, it was the crack and alcohol.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 br0kenrabbit

"Just today I ran across the image there of a girl I dated in junior high, she looks easily 20 years older than I am, missing teeth, sores all over her face...it's disheartening. She was a beautiful girl, but those pills..."

worlock77

Yes, considering the evidence we have:

-Pills are a HUGE problem around here

-All five charges listed refer to prescription medication except the Contempt of Court

-There is no mention of Meth

...then assuming anything else is just talking out your ass. I can assume all kinds of things, doesn't mean I have the evidence to support my position.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

br0kenrabbit

Methamphetamine can be prescribed as medication, so it still indeed could have been meth.

There's a methadone clinic in my hometown. Methadone is used to treat people with opioid addictions (such as heroin and morphine). Methadone is itself an opioid and can be very risk of dependency. So there's controversy around it. But it seems it's an effective program.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 br0kenrabbit

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

MrGeezer

While that arrest was for unlawful xxx of prescription medication, it's a stretch to conclude that the person's condition is due to pills. While I hate generalizing, it's no secret that junkies often get into various kinds of legal trouble. I've known crackheads and alcoholics who were arrested for weed. But it wasn't the weed that f***ed them up, it was the crack and alcohol.

I know what pills alone can do to people, I've seen it first hand. And it does just that. You stop eating, you start picking, you stop taking care of yourself and you waste away.

Meth is not a necessary component, though it can do much the same.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
I wouldn't know. Had a family member who was addicted to pills though. Also to alcohol. Was very sad
True_Chaos_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 True_Chaos_UK
Member since 2010 • 2570 Posts

People who abuse prescrription medication most likely abuse illegal drugs and alcholol too.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

br0kenrabbit

Yes, considering the evidence we have:

-Pills are a HUGE problem around here

-All five charges listed refer to prescription medication except the Contempt of Court

-There is no mention of Meth

...then assuming anything else is just talking out your ass. I can assume all kinds of things, doesn't mean I have the evidence to support my position.

So if the report had read that the person was arrested for pot would you assume that their condition was due to pot?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MrGeezer

I know what pills alone can do to people, I've seen it first hand. And it does just that. You stop eating, you start picking, you stop taking care of yourself and you waste away.

br0kenrabbit
Doesn't change the fact that there's nothing indicating that her appearance was due to use of pills.
jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5467 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

br0kenrabbit

Dude its Meth! It ages you and causes sores. They just happened to catch her on what is stated under her Photo.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 br0kenrabbit

Methamphetamine can be prescribed as medication, so it still indeed could have been meth.

_BlueDuck_

Not in this case.

xnvi1z.jpg

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 br0kenrabbit

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

MrGeezer

Doesn't change the fact that there's nothing indicating that her appearance was due to use of pills.

And there's nothing indicating that her appearance is due to use of meth.

You're just making assumptions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

br0kenrabbit

Other than showing the symptoms of meth abuse

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MrGeezer

br0kenrabbit
Actually, I'm not making any assumptions. You'll notice that I didn't say her condition was due to meth, either.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 br0kenrabbit

Other than showing the symptoms of meth abuse

toast_burner

Meth doesn't have a monopoly on rotting teeth and making you pick at your face.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
this is just all speculation
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 worlock77

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]Other than showing the symptoms of meth abuse

br0kenrabbit

What prescription medications do that?

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

this is just all speculation dave123321

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 br0kenrabbit

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]Other than showing the symptoms of meth abuse

worlock77

Benzodiazepine and barniturates are big ones. They usually aren't taken orally by abusers but crushed and snorted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

br0kenrabbit

Benzodiazepine and barniturates are big ones. They usually aren't taken orally by abusers but crushed and snorted.

I've never heard of those causing sores or tooth loss

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

br0kenrabbit

And most people who are prescribed benzodiazepines do not abuse them. Most abuse comes from people who obtain them without prescriptions for the purpose of using them recreationally. Oops, there goes your "big pharma" rant. And I've never heard of them causing tooth decay or people to pick at their face.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 br0kenrabbit

I've never heard of those causing sores or tooth loss

toast_burner

They cause your skin to crawl, so you pick at it. As for teeth, it dries you mouth out. This allows your teeth to crack, and a cracked tooth is pretty much assured to become infected when left untreated.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 br0kenrabbit

And most people who are prescribed benzodiazepines do not abuse them. Most abuse comes from people who obtain them without prescriptions for the purpose of using them recreationally. Oops, there goes your "big pharma" rant. And I've never heard of them causing tooth decay or people to pick at their face.

worlock77

What happens is people with prescriptions get them then sell them.

And benzodiazepine is half of the benzi/barba cocktail. BB's, the pillbillies call it.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 worlock77

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]I've never heard of those causing sores or tooth loss

br0kenrabbit

They cause your skin to crawl, so you pick at it. As for teeth, it dries you mouth out. This allows your teeth to crack, and a cracked tooth is pretty much assured to become infected when left untreated.

Source? I have literally never heard of these drugs acting in such a manner.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 br0kenrabbit

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]I've never heard of those causing sores or tooth loss

worlock77

Sorry was about to post but I gotta go. Will be back in a few hours.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

br0kenrabbit

Ok then.

Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

I don't deny that people have a personal responsibility to make their own decisions, but you and I both know big pharma push this $hit to doctors who write scripts like they're going out of style. Used to if your back hurt, the doc would ask you why your back hurt and then tell you not to do that anymore, or to take some Tylenol and deal with it. Now, out comes the script pad.

br0kenrabbit

While I'm sure that happens to an extent, the other side is pain management is simply really f*cking difficult: we know that on the whole modern medicine doesn't do enough to manage pain, and on top of that there are neurological and psychological components to pain that we still don't understand -- you can't just say "stop doing that thing that makes your back hurt" because there isn't necessarily a physiological cause of that back pain (no matter how real and excruciating and debilitating it is). So even if you have a doctor with the utmost integrity and an encyclopedic knowledge of pain and pain management, there's still a decent chance they'll prescribe the wrong pills to the wrong person.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
I think its a bigger problem that doesn't get acknowledged. Which just shows how racist the drug war is, since weed, crack and meth are bigger targets.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
Dude at school use to go to he ER so he could get perks and sell them,a lot of people on fb are open about poppin pills
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#38 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I thought this was gonna be about how medicated OT was.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

And most people who are prescribed benzodiazepines do not abuse them. Most abuse comes from people who obtain them without prescriptions for the purpose of using them recreationally. Oops, there goes your "big pharma" rant.

worlock77

lolwut. Are you attempting to argue against the existence of "big pharma," or are you just getting your panties in a twist because he's implying prescription medication abuse isn't healthy? And how do you think the people who obtain prescription medication without prescriptions get them? The answer is pretty simple and I'm sure you already know it. I'm just trying to understand what you meant by the quoted statement.

It's also a known fact that psychiatrists get kickbacks for prescribing certain medications to those who need them. The pharmaceutical industry has an undeniably large influence on many people's health.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 br0kenrabbit

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

Ok then.

Sorry about that, something came up suddenly that I had to attend to.

Here's a link about itching and barbituates: Link

Excerpt: Legal drugs like morphine, aspirin, and barbiturates have itching as a minor side effect.

The dry mouth comes from the Benzodiazepine part of the cocktail: Link

Excerpt: Nausea, constipation, dry mouth, abdominal discomfort, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea

Under normal usage these are just minor side effects, but with habitual use they become real problems.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 br0kenrabbit

While I'm sure that happens to an extent, the other side is pain management is simply really f*cking difficult: we know that on the whole modern medicine doesn't do enough to manage pain, and on top of that there are neurological and psychological components to pain that we still don't understand -- you can't just say "stop doing that thing that makes your back hurt" because there isn't necessarily a physiological cause of that back pain (no matter how real and excruciating and debilitating it is). So even if you have a doctor with the utmost integrity and an encyclopedic knowledge of pain and pain management, there's still a decent chance they'll prescribe the wrong pills to the wrong person.

Slow_Show

Ever heard of a 'pill mill'?

They're quite a problems because yes, some people do need pain management. However, some doctors don't even need to hear your story or see your records, if you go to one of these pill mills and just say "I need pain meds", they'll write you a script.

People have lived with pain since like forever. Yes, I am in agreement that some pain needs to be treated, but not every minor ache or throb.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
Yea, a shame that pill abuse is so rampant but we keep putting people away for weed. Shows where our priorities are. Never cared for opiates myself, even after surgery. Don't like the feeling from them.
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Rich3232
Member since 2012 • 2628 Posts
I think its a bigger problem that doesn't get acknowledged. Which just shows how racist the drug war is, since weed, crack and meth are bigger targets. DaBrainz
As well as the very harmless drugs like mdma, lsd, and shrooms.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 br0kenrabbit

Yea, a shame that pill abuse is so rampant but we keep putting people away for weed. Shows where our priorities are. Never cared for opiates myself, even after surgery. Don't like the feeling from them. HoolaHoopMan

Same.

I had a doc try to push them on me after surgery once, and I refused. He was quite insistent and I actually ended up shouting at him. I've seen what they do to people, even people who start off taking them as prescribed.

I'll deal with the pain and pop some OTC for a week or two, thanks.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

br0kenrabbit

Ok then.

Sorry about that, something came up suddenly that I had to attend to.

Here's a link about itching and barbituates: Link

Excerpt: Legal drugs like morphine, aspirin, and barbiturates have itching as a minor side effect.

The dry mouth comes from the Benzodiazepine part of the cocktail: Link

Excerpt: Nausea, constipation, dry mouth, abdominal discomfort, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea

Under normal usage these are just minor side effects, but with habitual use they become real problems.

Itching and dry mouth are a long way from tooth loss and picking at your skin.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 br0kenrabbit

worlock77

Those were listed side-effects for when taking the medication as-prescribed. Over long-term use and in combination the effects exacerbate because the user increases dosage as tolerance is built.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
No clue how much of a problem pills are around here.....
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

br0kenrabbit

Those were listed side-effects for when taking the medication as-prescribed. Over long-term use and in combination the effects exacerbate because the user increases dosage as tolerance is built.

I do not believe for one second that the condition of the woman you spoke of was simply due to overuse of prescription drugs alone.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 br0kenrabbit

I do not believe for one second that the condition of the woman you spoke of was simply due to overuse of prescription drugs alone.

worlock77

I've seen it first-hand, I can believe it. But I never said she hasn't done anything else:

I'm not saying she hasn't done meth, but meth isn't listed as a charge, pills are a really big problem in this area, and we know 100% that pills were involved in this arrest.

br0kenrabbit

It takes a lot longer for pills to degrade a person than meth or amphetamines, but it does happen eventually. We can speculate all we want, but the facts of the case are that the arrest was for Schedule VI drugs.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

Agree with worlock. I really doubt it's just pills.