Piers Morgan get owned by Ben Shapiro

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

Piers has been getting owned for weeks-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avOV6_42xe4

Apparently Piers didn't get enough, so he had Larry on again-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rudA9LESQi0

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#52 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

hartsickdiscipl

The collective belief her is that Piers Morgan is a dipsh!t, so you don't have to keep saying it. We get it and agree. That doesn't make Ben Shapiro or Alex Jones any better.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

jimkabrhel

The collective belief her is that Piers Morgan is a dipsh!t, so you don't have to keep saying it. We get it and agree. That doesn't make Ben Shapiro or Alex Jones any better.

What was wrong with Ben Shapiro's appearance on Piers' show?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

hartsickdiscipl

What was wrong with Ben Shapiro's appearance on Piers' show?

I wasn't just talking about their appearances on the show, I'm talking about their views. Shaprio's bookBrainwashedis a bunch of conservative nonsense, at best. Very little of it has an basis in reality, must like Alex Jones's stuff. Shaprio isn't as bombastic about it.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

While Piers sounds like an idiot, I really don't understand Ben's point. What IS the point of anybody carrying around an Assault weapon? The whole "To protect against the evil government" sounds like a horrible horrible argument.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

While Piers sounds like an idiot, I really don't understand Ben's point. What IS the point of anybody carrying around an Assault weapon? The whole "To protect against the evil government" sounds like a horrible horrible argument.

TwistedShade
If nukes were legal they would simply expand the argument to try to defend the rights to own a nuke as "Well in case aliens try to destroy us we need to be ready so we need nukes". I have to admit I was expecting a stronger argument against Piers but as soon as that dude let out "Defend against the government when they turn tyrannical" I almost laughed out loud at such a paranoid desperate grasp at an answer and "walking on the graves of the dead kids" truly was a dirty and hateful thing to say, I'm with Piers on this one guys sorry to say, but as much as we hate him I have to agree that assault rifles are just a tad overkill in terms of protection from ANYONE never mind a tyrannical govern.. phahaha!!! ..ment sorry it was just too much not even my fingers couldn't hold in their laughter.
-Misanthropic-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 -Misanthropic-
Member since 2009 • 3603 Posts

The reason all Americans should support lax gun laws is because Piers Morgan now resides there.

TheSacredFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 TheSacredFlame
Member since 2011 • 324 Posts

Really wasn't ownage, but I don't keep tabs on Piers so I'm not exactly sure how his usual talks/debates go.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"]

[QUOTE="PerfectCode"]

Ownage? No.

-Tish-

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Jebus213
Who the fvck watches CNN anyway? I never heard of this Piers Morgan guy until this Alex Jones thing.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts
[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

JohnF111
If nukes were legal they would simply expand the argument to try to defend the rights to own a nuke as "Well in case aliens try to destroy us we need to be ready so we need nukes". I have to admit I was expecting a stronger argument against Piers but as soon as that dude let out "Defend against the government when they turn tyrannical" I almost laughed out loud at such a paranoid desperate grasp at an answer and "walking on the graves of the dead kids" truly was a dirty and hateful thing to say, I'm with Piers on this one guys sorry to say, but as much as we hate him I have to agree that assault rifles are just a tad overkill in terms of protection from ANYONE never mind a tyrannical govern.. phahaha!!! ..ment sorry it was just too much not even my fingers couldn't hold in their laughter.

Assault rifles/weapons are already banned. How do you ban something that is already banned?
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jebus213
[QUOTE="JohnF111"][QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

WhiteKnight77

Assault rifles/weapons are already banned. How do you ban something that is already banned?

You know what guns he's talking about...
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts
[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"][QUOTE="JohnF111"] If nukes were legal they would simply expand the argument to try to defend the rights to own a nuke as "Well in case aliens try to destroy us we need to be ready so we need nukes". I have to admit I was expecting a stronger argument against Piers but as soon as that dude let out "Defend against the government when they turn tyrannical" I almost laughed out loud at such a paranoid desperate grasp at an answer and "walking on the graves of the dead kids" truly was a dirty and hateful thing to say, I'm with Piers on this one guys sorry to say, but as much as we hate him I have to agree that assault rifles are just a tad overkill in terms of protection from ANYONE never mind a tyrannical govern.. phahaha!!! ..ment sorry it was just too much not even my fingers couldn't hold in their laughter.

You know what guns he's talking about...

Want to let him answer the question?
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Morgan's a grade A political speaker.

He never answers any questions, and just redirects & speculates around them with a good helping of "when in doubt, accuse the other of attacking you".

Ben called him out on his political *****

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Gun education is key to having a effective discussion about the topic of gun control dave123321

Holy sh*t. I agree with Dave.

Avatar image for radicalcentrist
radicalcentrist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 radicalcentrist
Member since 2012 • 335 Posts

Ben Shapiro is definitely a future-lawyer. He had me convinced for a second that we actually should have the ability to violently overthrow the government.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Shapiro is a Neocon hack, but even a stopped clock...
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19567 Posts

The gun guy just resorted to a tyrannical government.... Yeah the reason I require an assault rifle is because the government goes AWOL and turns on it's citizens... :roll:JohnF111

That also seemed a tad hypocritical of Shapiro.

His argument against Piers was "if you want to stop murders, why ban assault weapons? why not ban handguns and all other guns? that would be far more effective" - basically a 'why take half-measures?' argument, which made a lot of sense.

But then he said that people should have assault weapons to resist a tyrannical government...to which I must ask: why take half-measures?

Assault weapons aren't going to protect people against one of the world's strongest military forces. If he wants people to be armed for their own protection, shouldn't he be pushing for civillian-owned land-mines, rocket launchers, missiles, tanks, and nuclear warheads?

Protecting handguns alone is completely pointless - so if he wants to be philosophically consistent, surely 'responsible people' should be allowed any form of weaponry they desire.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
I can't believe you guys think Piers was "owned". I guess all it takes to convince you guys is a well articulated argument, no matter how bull sh*t that argument may be. He's just a more controlled version of Alex Jones, at least on the issue of gun control. Piers isn't 100% right either, but his hearts in the right place and he actually has some ideas that might work in the real world.

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]The gun guy just resorted to a tyrannical government.... Yeah the reason I require an assault rifle is because the government goes AWOL and turns on it's citizens... :roll:Planeforger

That also seemed a tad hypocritical of Shapiro.

His argument against Piers was "if you want to stop murders, why ban assault weapons? why not ban handguns and all other guns? that would be far more effective" - basically a 'why take half-measures?' argument, which made a lot of sense.

But then he said that people should have assault weapons to resist a tyrannical government...to which I must ask: why take half-measures?

Assault weapons aren't going to protect people against one of the world's strongest military forces. If he wants people to be armed for their own protection, shouldn't he be pushing for civillian-owned land-mines, rocket launchers, missiles, tanks, and nuclear warheads?

Protecting handguns alone is completely pointless - so if he wants to be philosophically consistent, surely 'responsible people' should be allowed any form of weaponry they desire.

You make a good point, but in Piers defense, some guns are more efficient at killing than others, it would be a big ask to ban ALL types of guns, so as part of a larger scheme to lower gun crime, certain weapons should be banned.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#70 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Piers isn't 100% right either, but his hearts in the right place and he actually has some ideas that might work in the real world. PernicioEnigma

Piers's idea is to ban the guns that have killed about 400 people in the past decade in this country while keeping the ones that have murderd around 9,000 in the same amount of time untouched.

He doesn't give one flying crap about the greater good.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Rhazakna
I don't know whether it's hilarious or scary that people think it's so inconceivable for the American state to become tyrannical. I don't see how anyone with even a cursory knowledge of US or world history would think that's beyond the realm of possibility.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I don't know whether it's hilarious or scary that people think it's so inconceivable for the American state to become tyrannical. I don't see how anyone with even a cursory knowledge of US or world history would think that's beyond the realm of possibility.Rhazakna

QFT.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 hartsickdiscipl

I don't know whether it's hilarious or scary that people think it's so inconceivable for the American state to become tyrannical. I don't see how anyone with even a cursory knowledge of US or world history would think that's beyond the realm of possibility.Rhazakna

It scares me to hear that so many people feel that we are somehow "above it." Many others use the reasoning- "Well, the people couldn't win anyways.. so fvck it!"

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]I don't know whether it's hilarious or scary that people think it's so inconceivable for the American state to become tyrannical. I don't see how anyone with even a cursory knowledge of US or world history would think that's beyond the realm of possibility.hartsickdiscipl

It scares me to hear that so many people feel that we are somehow "above it." Many others use the reasoning- "Well, the people couldn't win anyways.. so fvck it!"

That's completely wrong. People who say that the citizens couldn't win a revolution haven't been paying attention to US military history in the last 50 years.
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]I don't know whether it's hilarious or scary that people think it's so inconceivable for the American state to become tyrannical. I don't see how anyone with even a cursory knowledge of US or world history would think that's beyond the realm of possibility.Rhazakna

That's completely wrong. People who say that the citizens couldn't win a revolution haven't been paying attention to US military history in the last 50 years.

So true.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Piers Morgan would lose a debate with a rock

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
An alien invasion is beyond the realm of possibility either, maybe you should prepare for that too.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#78 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Piers Morgan would lose a debate with a rock

wis3boi

I think people need to realize why people like Piers Morgan and Alex Jones exist. It isn't to report the news, it isn't to put up logical debates and arguments to issues, it isn't to have meaningful discussions. It's purely about entertainment.

Americans love extremes. Piers is a perfect example of an extreme. An extreme left winger by Ameircan standards of politics. Everybody on Fox News is an extreme right winger. They make their broadcasting stations a boat load of cash. That's why they exist.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#79 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I can't believe you guys think Piers was "owned". I guess all it takes to convince you guys is a well articulated argument, no matter how bull sh*t that argument may be. He's just a more controlled version of Alex Jones, at least on the issue of gun control. Piers isn't 100% right either, but his hearts in the right place and he actually has some ideas that might work in the real world.PernicioEnigma

I agree that the ownage was non-existent. The reason people are talking about ownage is because they agree with Ben. Otherwise, this was just another stupid talking point-filled gun debate.

Where I don't agree with you is that Piers Morgan's heart is in the right place. I sincerely doubt that. The man is a complete cvnt.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Jebus213
I found a very good video on why the 2nd Amendment is important: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19567 Posts

While I agree that any government could potentially turn on its people, the chances of them doing so are greatly reduced by the establishment of a well-designed system of representative democracy. Ideally, the Constitution and other founding documents should contain enough checks and balances to prevent such a tyranny from ever arising.

So...hmm...just throwing this out there: To say that people are afraid of the government, and should be armed accordingly, seems to be the same as fearing that the US Constitution itself is a flawed document, incapable of fulfilling its own purpose.

The Constitution should be written in such a way that nobody in government should be able to misuse their powers without some obvious method of remedying that situation (such as through impeachment, or striking down the laws, or whatever). If it fails to do, then the Constitution is flawed, and should be amended accordingly.

So it seems bizarre to me that the same people who are worried about the flaws in the Constitution (and thus a tyrannical uprising) tend to be the same people who claim that the Constitution is sacrosanct (in regards to the Second Amendment). If the Constituion is above criticism, then there should be very little chance of a dictator rising to power; whereas if the Constitution is not designed well enough to stop that from happening, surely the Second Amendment is also open to criticism.

Anyway, just a thought.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Rhazakna
[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]I don't know whether it's hilarious or scary that people think it's so inconceivable for the American state to become tyrannical. I don't see how anyone with even a cursory knowledge of US or world history would think that's beyond the realm of possibility.PernicioEnigma
An alien invasion is beyond the realm of possibility either, maybe you should prepare for that too.

Clearly you're just an idiot if you think that government tyranny and alien invasions are in the same ballpark. Go run along, junior, we're trying to have a discussion here.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]I don't know whether it's hilarious or scary that people think it's so inconceivable for the American state to become tyrannical. I don't see how anyone with even a cursory knowledge of US or world history would think that's beyond the realm of possibility.Planeforger

While I agree that any government could potentially turn on its people, the chances of them doing so are greatly reduced by the establishment of a well-designed system of representative democracy. Ideally, the Constitution and other founding documents should contain enough checks and balances to prevent such a tyranny from ever arising.

So...hmm...just throwing this out there: To say that people are afraid of the government, and should be armed accordingly, seems to be the same as fearing that the US Constitution itself is a flawed document, incapable of fulfilling its own purpose.

The Constitution should be written in such a way that nobody in government should be able to misuse their powers without some obvious method of remedying that situation (such as through impeachment, or striking down the laws, or whatever). If it fails to do, then the Constitution is flawed, and should be amended accordingly.

So it seems bizarre to me that the same people who are worried about the flaws in the Constitution (and thus a tyrannical uprising) tend to be the same people who claim that the Constitution is sacrosanct (in regards to the Second Amendment). If the Constituion is above criticism, then there should be very little chance of a dictator rising to power; whereas if the Constitution is not designed well enough to stop that from happening, surely the Second Amendment is also open to criticism.

Anyway, just a thought.

I absolutely believe that the Constitution is a flawed document incapable of fulfilling its own purpose. The history of the US is proof of that. Censorship, internment, mass killings, warantless arrests and the MIC itself have all happened under the Constitution. I would never claim that the Constitution is sacrosanct, that's dogmatic bullsh*t. The Constitution is not some holy document, and the opinions of a bunch of dead guys should not govern me in any way. My opinion on guns has nothing to do with the Constitution.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#84 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

That was a fantastic argument. If only all republicans could be as well read an intelligent as this guy

The only part I disagree with is when people say, well only a small percentage of people are killed with the semiautomatic weapons. While that may be true, they are not statistics, they are people, and they are dying.If tomorrow doctors discovered some sort treatment to help reduce the deaths caused by breast cancer by 10% it would be called a miracle breakthrough.

We need some sort of regulation to fire arms and make it better than it is now. Maybe not even ban them but have police check once a year that they are properly stored for ****s sake. Better backround checks, or something.

But I can guarentee that the right will never support any sort of regulation. The argument will fall back to "well.. people with Mental illness history aren't allowed to defend them selves?" Or something of the sort. I just feel like well never do anything to help cut down the deaths. And help lower the possibilty of mass shootings as much as we possibly can.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

JohnF111

This much trust and security for any government is a bit naive.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
Morgan, Maher and the rest of these so called "liberals" don't do the anti-gun crime movement any justice. They don't wanna ban hand guns, which helps with the majority of the gun crime in the US, but they want to ban assault rifles because due to the mass media coverage - as well as who the victims are. Although Shapiro isn't the psycho that Jones is, he's still your typical right wing a$$hole who goes around rambling about arming ones self in order to defend from state tyranny. In addition, neither Morgan nor Shapiro bothers to take the argument further by asking why mass gun crime exist in the first place. I can't support neither of the mainstream arguments because both the so called 'left' and right don't bother to address the primary motivations behind the large amount of gun crime in the US, which happen to be mostly economically related. Address and fix the economic issues that plague much of the population and there wouldn't be as much incentive to commit gun crime.
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
I don't agree with either of them.chrisrooR