Photoshop Help Please.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts

I'm making themes for my PS3, and I know how to do that, its pretty easy, but some of the pictures I'm using are the wrong size so when I change the resolution it usualy makes the images look a little stretched or "fat". I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to change the res. without making the images look stretched?

P.S. I need the images to be 1920x1080 so I cant use constain proportions option.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#2 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
If you're doing it in Photoshop go to Image > Image Size > and then make sure that "constrain proportions" is checked. Now you can change the pixel value of the height or width and the other will change accordingly.
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts

If you're doing it in Photoshop go to Image > Image Size > and then make sure that "constrain proportions" is checked. Now you can change the pixel value of the height or width and the other will change accordingly.SolidSnake35

Sorry you must have wrote this while I was editing my original post, any other options?

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#4 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
You could use 'resize image' to make the longest dimension the correct length and then use 'resize canvas' to crop the other dimension to the correct length. What size is the original image?
Wilkins_III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Wilkins_III
Member since 2008 • 497 Posts
Yeah, you need to crop it. It's pretty simple--SS above me has explained it all. Just make sure you have the "constrain proportions" checked when you resize.