Phil Robertson (Duck Dynasty) suspended from A&E

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Edited by limpbizkit818 (15023 posts) -

lol @ this picture. Ever notice that most orthodox Jews grow facial hair? Why would they do that? Please don't post from Leviticus unless you have read it.

#252 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4163 posts) -

@wis3boi:

So I guess than you are saying that disorders are only limited to the human species. And what about pedophilia? That happens in nature as well. And just like a gay persons sexual preference, they can't control theirs either. The reason we seperate child molesters though is because its harmful to our children. But in reality, Is their abnormal sexual preference any different? In the grand scheme of things, was sex meant to be pleasurable for anything other than procreation? Think for a second that the whole world turned gay. We would be extinct in no time.

#253 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4163 posts) -

@deeliman:

I have never even watched fuck dynasty. I'm just tired of the gay agenda shoved down our throats as well as our gossipy social media soceity who always needs somebody to talk about and demonize everybody from Phil Robertson to Tiger Woods in order to make their pathetic little lives seem better.

#254 Edited by lostrib (31568 posts) -

@wis3boi:

So I guess than you are saying that disorders are only limited to the human species. And what about pedophilia? That happens in nature as well. And just like a gay persons sexual preference, they can't control theirs either. The reason we seperate child molesters though is because its harmful to our children. But in reality, Is their abnormal sexual preference any different? In the grand scheme of things, was sex meant to be pleasurable for anything other than procreation? Think for a second that the whole world turned gay. We would be extinct in no time.

No we wouldn't be

#255 Posted by lostrib (31568 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@wis3boi:

Why is it nonsense?

- gay isn't a 'disorder', its normal in all of nature, thousands of species have it

- freedom of speech protects you from government action based on some things you say. If I open a shop I can refuse service to you just because I want to. This duck guy said something ignorant and bigoted and felt the wrath of his employer, it's in their power to so.

ah, the ol' freedom of speech bullshit

#256 Posted by thegerg (14392 posts) -

@wis3boi:

Or what about the people who go out of their way straight to their defense? Now I don't hate the gays. I actually feel sorry for them. I also however don't feel that their agenda should get in the way of my right to be an asshole. I'm tired of this sensitivity shit that our country has forced us into. Freedom of speech has been replaced with politically correct. Being gay is a disorder anyway. But for some reason its normal and they were just "Born that way" and everybody is supposed to love them regardless of morals or religious beliefs.

"I also however don't feel that their agenda should get in the way of my right to be an asshole."

It doesn't. No one is stopping anyone from being an asshole.

"Freedom of speech has been replaced with politically correct."

No it hasn't. WTF does that even mean?

#257 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (701 posts) -

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@Makhaidos said:

@BranKetra said:

@plageus900 said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

How dare he not believe gay marriage is ok! Not being tolerant of everything and anybody will not be tolerated!

Intolerance towards someone because of their sexual orientation is the same as intolerance towards someone because of their skin color.

Both are forms intolerance, but let us be aware that there are differences between skin pigmentation and psychology.

Sexual attraction has a psychological component, but is biological in nature--just like skin pigmentation.

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@plageus900: I do believe it's a choice that's made. I'm not going to argue though with all the ppl that may quote me. Just my belief.

Your belief is wrong and you should update it to a correct belief.

People aren't born gay period, stop kidding yourself lol. It's a choice. My uncle was married for the longest and had two kids. They got divorced and his ex CHOSE to turn lesbian.

Uncle must not have been a very good lover.

Maybe he will turn gay so you can find out brah.

#259 Posted by thegerg (14392 posts) -

@Braun_Roid_Rage: When did you make the choice about your sexuality preference and what led you to your decision?

#260 Edited by HoolaHoopMan (7691 posts) -

@Murderstyle75 said:

@deeliman:

I have never even watched fuck dynasty. I'm just tired of the gay agenda shoved down our throats as well as our gossipy social media soceity who always needs somebody to talk about and demonize everybody from Phil Robertson to Tiger Woods in order to make their pathetic little lives seem better.

'The gay agenda'. Ah yes, their agenda to seen as equals in a society that has marginalized them since the dawn of civilization. We all remember the horrors of having to live through the 'black agenda' where we were forced to give equal footing to those of darker skin tones.

#261 Posted by wis3boi (30883 posts) -

wonder what the phobes in this thread think of uganda's new kill the gays bill that just fully passed, heavily supported by american evangelicals

#262 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4163 posts) -

@wis3boi:

What phobias? You would have to be scared of gay people to have a phobia. The term homophobia doesn't even make sense.

#263 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4163 posts) -

@HoolaHoopMan:

You are gay I take it. And do you think I could take my children to a pride parade to teach them about civil rights the persecution of gay people without it being sexual in nature?

@lostrib:

Ok. Maybe we wouldn't be but only because science has altered nature. Realistically, sex was only meant for procreation. The only reason it feels so good is so we procreate. In a fucked up completely gay soceity, sex would be for recreation only and we would go on only due to people in lab coats.

#264 Posted by killzowned24 (7286 posts) -

yuppies be sensitive as usual.

#265 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7691 posts) -

@HoolaHoopMan:

You are gay I take it.

@lostrib:

Ok. Maybe we wouldn't be but only because science has altered nature. Realistically, sex was only meant for procreation. The only reason it feels so good is so we procreate. In a fucked up completely gay soceity, sex would be for recreation only and we would go on only due to people in lab coats.

I'm straight. I'm just not a degenerative piece of shit like you.

#266 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (768 posts) -

@vl4d_l3nin:

I see. So as long as they bash everybody, its ok? Well I hate everybody too but im sure if I went to Plesent Ridge Michigan or San Francisco California and started making fun of gay people, I would be a bigot.

And like I said. Reality television is exploiting the south by making these shows to begin with.

And you really believe that The Bible should be changed to cater to modern day politically correct Murica?

wtf is this shit? is there a point to this?

i was just pointing out the difference between ignorant bigotry and satirical entertainment, and then that nonsense comes out of left field.

#267 Edited by thegerg (14392 posts) -

@Murderstyle75: What do you mean that sex is only "meant for procreation"? Who made that rule?

#268 Posted by killzowned24 (7286 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@Murderstyle75: What do you mean that sex is only "meant for procreation"? Who made that rule?

God did. The whole design is for that very purpose.

#269 Edited by thegerg (14392 posts) -

@thegerg said:

What about the parts of that design that make it feel really good, and not always lead to procreation? It sure seems to be a pretty shitty design.

#270 Edited by plageus900 (922 posts) -

@thegerg said:

Oh my god, here we go...

#271 Edited by killzowned24 (7286 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@killzowned24 said:

@thegerg said:

What about the parts of that design that make it feel really good, and not always lead to procreation? It sure seems to be a pretty shitty design.

What part of you speaking of? We are designed to feel good down there because it ensures you will preserve your species.

#272 Edited by Nuck81 (5745 posts) -

@Nuck81 said:

@huggybear1020 said:

The thing I don't get is, A&E hired this family to do a reality show knowing that they are a conservative christian family. They heavily promoted the show as being about a conservative christian family. They sell all kinds of Duck Dynasty products in Christian bookstores. And now that Phil Robertson gets asked point blank about his views on homosexuality, he expresses his views and ONLY NOW is A&E taken aback by them? It isn't like they just now suddenly learned his beliefs.

Serious Question. How old are you?

Because it would help a lot of people understand your perspective

How old do you think I am and why does it matter?

I asked your age because you don't really seem to grasp the actual Situation, and how the First Ammendment works.

It looks like you're an early age teenager and simply weren't educated enough to understand what's going on.

But if you're as old as you say you are, then you must just be a dumbass

#273 Edited by thegerg (14392 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@killzowned24 said:

@thegerg said:

What part of you speaking of? We are designed to feel good down there because it ensures you will preserve your species.

"What part of you speaking of?"

The part where I've been having sex for years and get a lot out of it, but not the one thing that it's supposedly designed for. That's a shitty design.

" We are designed to feel good down there"

I thought the only purpose of the design was for procreation? Now it's designed to feel good? Make up your mind.

#274 Edited by plageus900 (922 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@killzowned24 said:

@thegerg said:

So what are your thoughts on sex for recreational purposes then? My wife and I have no plans of ever having children.

#275 Edited by killzowned24 (7286 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@killzowned24 said:

The part where I've been having sex for years and get a lot out of it, but not the one thing that it's supposedly designed for. That's a shitty design.

I thought the only purpose of the design was for procreation? Now it's designed to feel good? Make up your mind.

Just because you can doesn't mean much when it takes what I would call physical abuse to ones body. Your body was obviously not designed for that.

#276 Edited by killzowned24 (7286 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

@thegerg said:

@killzowned24 said:

So what are your thoughts on sex for recreational purposes then? My wife and I have no plans of ever having children.

thats why we invented condoms and pills :D

#277 Edited by thegerg (14392 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@killzowned24 said:

Just because you can doesn't mean much when it takes what I would call physical abuse to ones body. Your body was obviously not designed for that.

"Just because you can doesn't mean much when it takes what I would call physical abuse to ones body."

In what way is not impregnating someone physical abuse?

" Your body was obviously not designed for that."

You JUST SAID, in this VERY THREAD, that "[w]e are designed to feel good down there." Again, make up your mind kiddo.

#278 Posted by plageus900 (922 posts) -

@killzowned24:

What I'm getting at is, that you believe sex is ONLY for procreation and that it was never intended for the purposes of pleasure, amirite?

#279 Posted by killzowned24 (7286 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@killzowned24 said:

"Just because you can doesn't mean much when it takes what I would call physical abuse to ones body."

In what way is not impregnating someone physical abuse?

" Your body was obviously not designed for that."

You JUST SAID, in this VERY THREAD, that "[w]e are designed to feel good down there." Again, make up your mind kiddo.

I think we are confused with parts lol. Like I said,the main parts are designed for man and woman to have babies,anything else was obviously not designed for that purpose.

#280 Posted by thegerg (14392 posts) -

@killzowned24: What "parts" are you talking about? Also, how is not impregnating someone physical abuse?

#281 Posted by killzowned24 (7286 posts) -

@killzowned24:

What I'm getting at is, that you believe sex is ONLY for procreation and that it was never intended for the purposes of pleasure, amirite?

I was saying that is its function and why we are designed the way we are. Pleasure was no doubt designed into it to help people to keep doing it, therefore a higher chance of babies.

#282 Edited by HuggyBear1020 (456 posts) -

@Nuck81 said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@Nuck81 said:

@huggybear1020 said:

The thing I don't get is, A&E hired this family to do a reality show knowing that they are a conservative christian family. They heavily promoted the show as being about a conservative christian family. They sell all kinds of Duck Dynasty products in Christian bookstores. And now that Phil Robertson gets asked point blank about his views on homosexuality, he expresses his views and ONLY NOW is A&E taken aback by them? It isn't like they just now suddenly learned his beliefs.

I asked your age because you don't really seem to grasp the actual Situation, and how the First Ammendment works.

It looks like you're an early age teenager and simply weren't educated enough to understand what's going on.

Nobody reads anything I write, the just pick and choose parts and then call me a "dumbass". I'm not talking about the first amendment. I'm talking about the EEOC anti-discrimination act of 1964. His free speech rights were not violated because he is not in jail for it. His right to be Christian and not be discriminated against for it is what the issue is. But hey, I'm a "dumbass" so what do I know, right?

#283 Posted by dave123321 (33347 posts) -
#284 Posted by HuggyBear1020 (456 posts) -

@huggybear1020: others have already addressed the eeoc thing

But the guy calling me a dumbass is still stuck on the first amendment even though I've said at least a dozen times in this thread that the first amendment isn't the issue.

#285 Posted by thegerg (14392 posts) -

@Nuck81 said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@Nuck81 said:

@huggybear1020 said:

Nobody reads anything I write, the just pick and choose parts and then call me a "dumbass". I'm not talking about the first amendment. I'm talking about the EEOC anti-discrimination act of 1964. His free speech rights were not violated because he is not in jail for it. His right to be Christian and not be discriminated against for it is what the issue is. But hey, I'm a "dumbass" so what do I know, right?

"His right to be Christian and not be discriminated against for it is what the issue is"

You're absolutely right. The thing about it, though, is that he's NOT being discriminated against for being Christian.

#286 Posted by dave123321 (33347 posts) -

hopefully we can move on now

#287 Edited by lostrib (31568 posts) -

hopefully we can move on now

lol, yeah right

#288 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23395 posts) -

i swear to god if i show up in heaven and it is full of televangelists, holier than thou asswipes and reality tv stars i'm going to ask if i can just go to hell.

#289 Edited by worlock77 (22533 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@killzowned24 said:

@thegerg said:

@killzowned24 said:

thats why we invented condoms and pills :D

So what you're saying is that it's ok to interfere with "God's design" so long as it's sexy fun time for straight people?

#290 Edited by Nuck81 (5745 posts) -

@huggybear1020 said:

@Nuck81 said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@Nuck81 said:

@huggybear1020 said:

Yeah, you're kind of a dumbass since him being Christian has nothing to do with what happened.

I doubt Alec Baldwin is a Christian. He got fired for slandering gays too.

You're never free from Consequence from the things you say.

Baldwin Fired

#291 Edited by thegerg (14392 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@Makhaidos said:

@BranKetra said:

@plageus900 said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

How dare he not believe gay marriage is ok! Not being tolerant of everything and anybody will not be tolerated!

Intolerance towards someone because of their sexual orientation is the same as intolerance towards someone because of their skin color.

Both are forms intolerance, but let us be aware that there are differences between skin pigmentation and psychology.

Sexual attraction has a psychological component, but is biological in nature--just like skin pigmentation.

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@plageus900: I do believe it's a choice that's made. I'm not going to argue though with all the ppl that may quote me. Just my belief.

People aren't born gay period, stop kidding yourself lol. It's a choice. My uncle was married for the longest and had two kids. They got divorced and his ex CHOSE to turn lesbian.

How do you know her being lesbian wasn't the reason they got a divorce?

Plus how in the flying fuck are you going to tell me you know for a fact they aren't born gay? Are you in their shoes? Every homosexual must be lying when they say they've felt their attraction to the same sex since they can remember, huh?

I know for a fact their divorce was bc she was having an affair with another guy. Not going to argue though it's pointless.

You're still begging the question here. You have yet to explain why you think choice has anything to do with her sexuality.

#292 Posted by Makhaidos (1611 posts) -

@Makhaidos said:

Have you always been an atheist or against religion based on it being against homosexuality?

I don't recall saying I was an atheist or against religion.

#293 Posted by Makhaidos (1611 posts) -

@Makhaidos said:

lol @ this picture. Ever notice that most orthodox Jews grow facial hair? Why would they do that? Please don't post from Leviticus unless you have read it.

I don't know why they grow facial hair, but that's not what the verse says. It says "don't let it become unkempt."

If the verse is talking about facial hair, then I assume most Orthodox Jews do it for the same reason they don't sell young girls into slavery (Exodus 21:7), put people to death for working on the Sabbath (Exodus 35:2), or prohibit castrated men from entering Temple (Deuteronomy 23:1): Because the Old Testament is full of outdated bullshit that nobody in their right mind would exercise in modern times.

#294 Edited by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@limpbizkit818 said:

@Makhaidos said:

I don't know why they grow facial hair, but that's not what the verse says. It says "don't let it become unkempt."

If the verse is talking about facial hair, then I assume most Orthodox Jews do it for the same reason they don't sell young girls into slavery (Exodus 21:7), put people to death for working on the Sabbath (Exodus 35:2), or prohibit castrated men from entering Temple (Deuteronomy 23:1): Because the Old Testament is full of outdated bullshit that nobody in their right mind would exercise in modern times.

15 countries still do that.

Every religion that is based around one god/jesus still has the same principles. I believe the bible to be true and the word of god.

HOWEVER I think we as a society need to understand some things. 1 the bible was translated hundreds of years from creek. Translation back then is extremely hit and miss. Once it was translated to a new language, it was translated again and again. It is possible some of the scriptures were exaggerated or miss interpreted. For example light. can mean illumination or weight.

This is why jesus preached 2 things..... love god and love each other. Makhaidos, I have nothing but respect for you and anyone else. no matter my or your lifestyle differences or your beliefs no matter if we disagree or not.

I do think it is wrong for Christians to tell people they are going to hell. Because we do not know.

#295 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

@TacticalDesire said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@Makhaidos said:

@BranKetra said:

@plageus900 said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

If he's anything like the women in your family then I think I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

#296 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (701 posts) -

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@TacticalDesire said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@Makhaidos said:

@BranKetra said:

@plageus900 said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

If he's anything like the women in your family then I think I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

LOL thank god that confused skank ho is no longer part of my family, but thanks. You're a funny kid though brah.

#297 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

@TacticalDesire said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@TacticalDesire said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@Makhaidos said:

@BranKetra said:

@plageus900 said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

LOL thank god that confused skank ho is no longer part of my family, but thanks. You're a funny kid though brah.

I'ts not very nice to talk about your mom like that. :P

#298 Posted by BranKetra (47485 posts) -

Everyone, please stop quoting me in this thread unless you are keeping me in the conversation. At this point in the thread, I am not in any. Notifications continue to be listed for me because I am in the major quote chain of this thread. Thank you.

#299 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (701 posts) -

@TacticalDesire: Wow, mom jokes? Really? First one i've heard in 10 years ha. Good one though broseph.

#300 Edited by limpbizkit818 (15023 posts) -

@limpbizkit818 said:

@Makhaidos said:

So then what was the point of your post? His beard is not unkempt. In fact, it looks clean and natural.

Again, go read the chapter you quoted in the picture. I don't think you understand it............