Phil Robertson (Duck Dynasty) suspended from A&E

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by RimacBugatti (1191 posts) -

The show is great and I'm glad he's a bible thumper. The moral of this country has gone to crap. Most of the shows and content on TV are disgusting. I like comedy but being disgusting isn't funny. It just goes to show how idiotic people are and how much they need to get a life,

#52 Posted by Makhaidos (1613 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

How dare he not believe gay marriage is ok! Not being tolerant of everything and anybody will not be tolerated!

Intolerance towards someone because of their sexual orientation is the same as intolerance towards someone because of their skin color.

Both are forms intolerance, but let us be aware that there are differences between skin pigmentation and psychology.

Sexual attraction has a psychological component, but is biological in nature--just like skin pigmentation.

@plageus900: I do believe it's a choice that's made. I'm not going to argue though with all the ppl that may quote me. Just my belief.

Your belief is wrong and you should update it to a correct belief.

#53 Posted by Blizz87 (14 posts) -

I don't watch Duck Dynasty but I am a Christian. It baffles me that in today's world, it's okay to gloat about wild partying, sex, drugs, homosexuality and all kinds of immortal things but the moment someone quotes the bible and says they believe what it says, they are an ignorant, hateful and close minded. Really???? But I quess A& E want to protect their hide and money flow, so they naturally kicked him to the curb.

It's called freedom of speech. Sometimes people say and believe in things different from you. I am black and yea I hate racist people, but I can't stop them from saying or believing in what they believe.

As a Christian though I totally agree with what Phil said. I stand with the bible and do believe homosexuality is a sin that goes for both male and male couples and female and female couples. Religion aside, I just don't think it was intended for two human beings of the same sex to be together. If it were same sex couples could reproduce but they can't.

Now, do I hate gay people? No, I know and work with some people that are gay. I treat them with respect and are generally friendly to them but that doesn't mean I agree with their lifestyle. As a Christian my job is to treat then well and let God be the judge of them.

#54 Posted by Nuck81 (5834 posts) -

I wonder what the USA would be like if the Christians of America had as much passion for the thousands of American children that go to sleep every night without a hot meal, or the fact that over 100 Homeless Americans will die from exposure next month, as they do for a Rich Man on a TV show

#55 Edited by Ugalde- (3653 posts) -

As a big anti racist/anti homophobic I could care less about this. Let him keep his show lol.

#56 Posted by dominer (3313 posts) -

I hate homophobes but he didn't say that gays should be killed or anything (although death could branch off from his opinion), he's just following his religious beliefs. So just let him keep his show, the type of people this show appeals to wouldn't care for the most part anyway.

#57 Edited by Randolph (10452 posts) -

I will now quote Jesus on homosexuality.

"……"

Huh. I will now quote Jesus on rich men, like Phil Robertson and his fake ass yuppie family of manufactured "rednecks".

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

Matthew 19:24

Phil Roberston is a very rich man, was rich well before the show, has gotten richer since then, and will now make millions off the concentrated bigotry of the so called "Christians" in the USA who continue the fine tradition of acting nothing like their Christ at all, while celebrating a rebranded pagan holiday in his name with hatred and intolerance in their hearts.

Thus says the Lord: “Learn not the way of the nations, nor be dismayed at the signs of the heavens because the nations are dismayed at them, for the customs of the peoples are vanity. A tree from the forest is cut down and worked with an axe by the hands of a craftsman. They decorate it with silver and gold; they fasten it with hammer and nails so that it cannot move. Their idols are like scarecrows in a cucumber field, and they cannot speak; they have to be carried, for they cannot walk. Do not be afraid of them, for they cannot do evil, neither is it in them to do good.” There is none like you, O Lord; you are great, and your name is great in might.

#58 Posted by TwistedShade (3149 posts) -
#60 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150289 posts) -

Pop culture blows......society sucks for creating it.

#61 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26271 posts) -
#62 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4165 posts) -

The gay agenda..........Yawn!!!!

#63 Posted by Aljosa23 (24716 posts) -

@cain006 said:

I don't see the big deal. What he said is standard stuff that you hear at a lot of churches. He just said that it's a sin and he's right. I'm not Christian but I don't know what people expected. Him and his family are obviously hardcore christian fundamentalist type people.

And him losing his job over this isn't going to help - Bill Burr has it right, people who say shit like this need to be sat down and talked to not fired. If anything, he's gonna be pissed about this and may shift the blame to gay people...

Are you serious? The guy compared homosexuality to terrorists and beastiality. Surely you can see why that's more than just "standard stuff"?

#64 Posted by Aljosa23 (24716 posts) -
#65 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4165 posts) -

A racist organization calling out racism. Imagine that.

#66 Posted by Brain_Duster (386 posts) -

This guy can eat a duck.

#67 Edited by plageus900 (993 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@TwistedShade said:

Surprised nobody has also brought up his racial remarks in that same interview.

http://www.ibtimes.com/naacp-blasts-phil-robertson-over-racist-remarks-new-duck-dynasty-row-1516178

Yeah I thought that bit was just as bad. What a fvcking moron.

While I found Phil's comment's on gays to be intolerant, I feel his comments on blacks weren't racist or hate filled, just ignorant. I feel the NAACP is just trying to stay relevant. They said he verbally attacked blacks, when all he did was make some very uninformed comments.

#68 Posted by foxhound_fox (87624 posts) -

Why anyone cares about this show to begin with is beyond me.

This. I watched a couple episodes earlier this year and barely laughed at all.

#70 Edited by BranKetra (48109 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

@plageus900 said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

How dare he not believe gay marriage is ok! Not being tolerant of everything and anybody will not be tolerated!

Intolerance towards someone because of their sexual orientation is the same as intolerance towards someone because of their skin color.

Both are forms intolerance, but let us be aware that there are differences between skin pigmentation and psychology.

Sexual attraction has a psychological component, but is biological in nature--just like skin pigmentation.

They are similar in that way, but no psychology affects skin pigmentation at all. The importance of psychology of sexuality should be recognized. Sexuality is biological in nature, yet humanity has had varied preferences for what has been considered the ideal mate throughout history with body and mentality analyzed, and ultimately joined with or not.

#71 Edited by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -
@plageus900 said:

@BranKetra said:

@plageus900 said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

Correct, but both are traits that people are born with.

There is no biological evidence in anyway what so ever to support your claim. If a person was actually born gay, we would have identified it through DNA coding. If a person is born gay that would mean there was a abnormal genetic mutation that took place during the childs pregnancy. And there for would classify homosexuality as a disease. Which we already know is not true. Same with people who have "Sexual identity disorder", it is a mental disorder not a disease. They are not the same.

No one is sexually attractive to either sex at a young age. when you hear a gay person say "I knew I wanted to be with women at the age of 3-5", that is a red flag. No one can make that claim. If biology has taught us anything, it is a fact humans choose what sex they are attracted to. Sexuality is not hardwiredin our DNA, its not in our DNA.

FWIW I have gay friends, I think everyone has a right to believe or not believe in anything they want, everyone deserves the same amount of love, respect, rights and privileges as anyone else no matter what your sexual orientation is, race or religion.

#72 Posted by Brain_Duster (386 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@BranKetra said:

@plageus900 said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

There is no biological evidence in anyway what so ever to support your claim. If a person was actually born gay, we would have identified it through DNA coding. If a person is born gay that would mean there was a abnormal genetic mutation that took place during the childs pregnancy. And there for would classify homosexuality as a disease. Which we already know is not true. Same with people who have "Sexual identity disorder", it is a mental disorder not a disease. They are not the same.

No one is sexually attractive to either sex at a young age. when you hear a gay person say "I knew I wanted to be with women at the age of 3-5", that is a red flag. No one can make that claim. If biology has taught us anything, it is a fact humans choose what sex they are attracted. Sexuality is not hardwired, its not in our DNA.

FWIW I have gay friends, I think everyone has a right to believe or not believe in anything they want, everyone deserves the same amount of love, respect, rights and privileges as anyone else no matter what your sexual orientation is, race or religion.

So, you chose to be straight?

Tell me what that was like.

#73 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@TwistedShade: What's racist about his statement? Hey was merely sharing a personal experience from his past.

#74 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:
@plageus900 said:

@BranKetra said:

@plageus900 said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

No one is sexually attractive to either sex at a young age. when you hear a gay person say "I knew I wanted to be with women at the age of 3-5", that is a red flag. No one can make that claim. If biology has taught us anything, it is a fact humans choose what sex they are attracted. Sexuality is not hardwired, its not in our DNA.

So, you chose to be straight?

Tell me what that was like.

Well, how do you like it?

#75 Edited by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@Braun_Roid_Rage: At what age did you personally choose your sexuality? I simply can't remember ever making such a choice.

#76 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@plageus900: Are you suggesting that people are born gay? I don't think that there is any science to back that up.

#77 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@cain006 said:

I don't see the big deal. What he said is standard stuff that you hear at a lot of churches. He just said that it's a sin and he's right. I'm not Christian but I don't know what people expected. Him and his family are obviously hardcore christian fundamentalist type people.

And him losing his job over this isn't going to help - Bill Burr has it right, people who say shit like this need to be sat down and talked to not fired. If anything, he's gonna be pissed about this and may shift the blame to gay people...

Are you serious? The guy compared homosexuality to terrorists and beastiality. Surely you can see why that's more than just "standard stuff"?

He would also compare it to swearing, lust, greed, etc. He was just listing sins.

#78 Posted by Brain_Duster (386 posts) -

With extra cheese!

#79 Posted by plageus900 (993 posts) -

@thegerg: Are you suggesting it was a choice made? I don't think anyone wakes up one day and says 'I think I'll be gay'. Whether we are born with a certain sexual orientation or its something that comes to light at a very young age, it's still not something that we determine at will.

#80 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@plageus900: I am not suggesting that choice has anything to do with it.

#81 Posted by plageus900 (993 posts) -
#82 Edited by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@Brain_Duster said:

@mrxboxone said:

With extra cheese!

I am a biologist and studied at UNL. You cant have your cake and eat it too. Biology has proven one thing about sexual orientation, and that is the fact humans want to reproduce, it is in our DNA. it is in your biological code to want to have sex with a person of the opposite sex and reproduce. However, you can program your brain to ignore this. For example, Many people don't wish to have children, They can override that DNA coding and have ZERO desire to ever have children. Same with sexual orientation. why? because the only proof we have to go by, is the fact humans want to reproduce.

So if homosexuality is not a choice (which again science proves otherwise), then it is an abnormal genetic mutation. and should be classified as a disease.

#83 Edited by Makhaidos (1613 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@BranKetra said:

@plageus900 said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

No one is sexually attractive to either sex at a young age. when you hear a gay person say "I knew I wanted to be with women at the age of 3-5", that is a red flag. No one can make that claim. If biology has taught us anything, it is a fact humans choose what sex they are attracted to. Sexuality is not hardwiredin our DNA, its not in our DNA.

There's no such thing as "sexual identity disorder," you twit.

#84 Posted by Makhaidos (1613 posts) -

@Brain_Duster said:

@mrxboxone said:

With extra cheese!

I am a biologist and studied at UNL. You cant have your cake and eat it too. Biology has proven one thing about sexual orientation, and that is the fact humans want to reproduce, it is in our DNA. it is in your biological code to want to have sex with a person of the opposite sex and reproduce. However, you can program your brain to ignore this. For example, Many people don't wish to have children, They can override that DNA coding and have ZERO desire to ever have children. Same with sexual orientation. why? because the only proof we have to go by, is the fact humans want to reproduce.

So if homosexuality is not a choice (which again science proves otherwise), then it is an abnormal genetic mutation. and should be classified as a disease.

There's no way in hell that you're a biologist, because if you were then you'd know that there are countless instances where animals will reproduce less (or just up and die) due to evolutionary adaptations that prevent overpopulation and other threats to survival.

Please point out the straight gene if our sexuality is embedded in our DNA. Otherwise, quit using pseudo-scientific bullshit to justify idiocy.

#85 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:
@plageus900 said:

@BranKetra said:

@plageus900 said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

Sorry, I meant Gender identity disorder, also known as Sexual Identity Disorder.......

#86 Edited by Makhaidos (1613 posts) -

@Makhaidos said:

@mrxboxone said:
@plageus900 said:

@BranKetra said:

@plageus900 said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

Sorry, I meant Gender identity disorder, also known as Sexual Identity Disorder.......

There's no such thing as Gender Identity Disorder either, and it was never referred to as Sexual Identity Disorder because, unlike you, psychiatrists know what they're talking about.

#87 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@Makhaidos said:

@mrxboxone said:
@plageus900 said:

@BranKetra said:

@plageus900 said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

There's no such thing as Gender Identity Disorder either, and it was never referred to as Sexual Identity Disorder because, unlike you, psychiatrists know what they're talking about.

Yes, there is actually.

#88 Edited by Makhaidos (1613 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@Makhaidos said:
@mrxboxone said:

@Makhaidos said:

@mrxboxone said:
@plageus900 said:

@BranKetra said:

@plageus900 said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

Yes, there is actually.

No, there isn't, actually. The DSM-V eliminated "gender identity disorder" and the APA (both of them) and the AMA have been discounting it as a legitimate mental illness for years. Again, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

#89 Edited by Makhaidos (1613 posts) -

To further demonstrate how you don't know jack shit about biology, homosexual behavior has been documented in hundreds of different animal species, not just humans.

#90 Edited by thegerg (14828 posts) -

To further demonstrate how you don't know jack shit about biology, homosexual behavior has been documented in hundreds of different animal species, not just humans.

That really doesn't counter his argument at all.

#91 Edited by Makhaidos (1613 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@Makhaidos said:

Reality counters his argument. His argument is about as valid as that "scientist" who used magnetism to "prove" homosexuality is immoral.

#92 Edited by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@Makhaidos said:

@thegerg said:

@Makhaidos said:

Reality counters his argument. His argument is about as valid as that "scientist" who used magnetism to "prove" homosexuality is immoral.

I agree, it's just hat your previous point was pointless and unrelated in regards to his argument.

#93 Edited by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

If you read into my post, I used that as an example as to to explain that no one is born gay. I used that to separate disorder and disease. rather the APA recognizing it or not is irrelevant. The fact is, there is no scientific evidence to suggest anyone is born gay when its not in our coding. We are coded to reproduce with the opposite sex. that is a fact. Again you can program your brain to ignore this coding.

#94 Edited by Sword-Demon (6960 posts) -

I see no reason why his beliefs (as wrong as they are) should cause him to be thrown off the air.

#95 Posted by Master_Live (14164 posts) -

If you read into my post, I used that as an example as to to explain that no one is born gay.

Ok, so how do gay people "become" gay?

#96 Edited by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

If you read into my post, I used that as an example as to to explain that no one is born gay.

In the same way that one "becomes" straight.

#97 Edited by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

@mrxboxone said:

I already said.

#98 Edited by dominer (3313 posts) -

You can't choose who you're attracted to. It baffles me that such a huge number people think being gay is a choice.

#99 Posted by Brain_Duster (386 posts) -

I see no reason why his beliefs (as wrong as they are) should cause him to be thrown off the air.

Bad publicity, bad for the network.

#100 Posted by Makhaidos (1613 posts) -

If you read into my post, I used that as an example as to to explain that no one is born gay. I used that to separate disorder and disease. rather the APA recognizing it or not is irrelevant.

Except it's the APA who decides what is and isn't a mental disorder.

Still waiting for that straight gene you found.