Pewdiepie makes up to $15 000 000 a year, thoughts?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -

according to socialblade.com (youtube account stats)

it says hes guaranteed at least $1 million a year and it could go up to $15 000 000.

for just ONE YEAR!!!

jesus god, u guys!

#2 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

That's hella impressive, and all he has to do is make a fool out of himself.

#3 Edited by Iszdope (9549 posts) -

Who is this "Pewdiepie" guy?

#4 Posted by hippiesanta (9757 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

Who is this "Pewdiepie"?

oooo eeemmmmmm efffff geeee ..... how long have u been living in a farm...???

#5 Posted by Iszdope (9549 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

Who is this "Pewdiepie"?

#6 Edited by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

hes the king of youtube right now, most subscribers, a million views and 100 000 likes in 1 day

#7 Edited by lonewolf604 (8516 posts) -

That's a crime. I enjoy watching let's plays, but he doesn't deserve it. You can't argue "he worked for it" when he appeals to the lowest common denominator; he's loud, he makes sex jokes, he swears a lot, he talks in a stupid voice, and to girls he's cute.

I prefer the youtubers who are more mature, act genuine, and add a little bit of insight to the game.

I used to watch him, but I got annoyed. His "cheheh, how's it goin' bros, my name's pewwwdiepie" intro's really piss me off.

#8 Posted by Ace6301 (21388 posts) -

If anyone ever needed proof that Quality is in fact NOT the surest way to success Youtube has done an admirable job of demonstrating it.

#9 Posted by Iszdope (9549 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

hes the king of youtube right now, most subscribers, a million views and 100 000 likes in 1 day

Oh, okay.

Fanks!

#10 Posted by comp_atkins (31186 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

@hippiesanta said:

@Iszdope said:

Who is this "Pewdiepie"?

don't feel bad.. i don't know wtf he's talking about either.

#11 Posted by Iszdope (9549 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

@hippiesanta said:

@Iszdope said:

Who is this "Pewdiepie"?

Schweet.

#12 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36744 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

@hippiesanta said:

@Iszdope said:

Who is this "Pewdiepie"?

#13 Posted by DarthGumballs (194 posts) -

Personally I love watching Toby (Tobuscus) a lot more. Pewdiepie is one of the most annoying people on YouTube..

#14 Posted by fueled-system (6246 posts) -

Sad..alot of quality people on there and then there is this. Reminds me of when Fred was the biggest guy on there.

#15 Edited by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

When I heard or seen any of his vids,it makes me think "how would I be able to raise that much money by using lots of swearings?"That's not how the Swedish basically do to earn a living,there are easier ways which would end up just the same,getting paid with REAL positivity in every video. just be a healthy-minded person,that would raise more than how swearing would in the same end

#16 Posted by DrvoJavorovo (40 posts) -

That's a crime. I enjoy watching let's plays, but he doesn't deserve it. You can't argue "he worked for it" when he appeals to the lowest common denominator; he's loud, he makes sex jokes, he swears a lot, he talks in a stupid voice, and to girls he's cute.

I prefer the youtubers who are more mature, act genuine, and add a little bit of insight to the game.

I used to watch him, but I got annoyed. His "cheheh, how's it goin' bros, my name's pewwwdiepie" intro's really piss me off.I

I agree, unfortunately most of the world is made up of the "lowest common denominator" just as you said he´s loud, he makes sex jokes, and there are people who don't know better, who idolize those people, instead of actually reading some intellectual books or learning something new, my whole country is made up of these people who have an entire TV station dedicated to there stupidity, and (young) people love it, and it sells.

#17 Edited by JML897 (33120 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

@hippiesanta said:

@Iszdope said:

Who is this "Pewdiepie"?

He's a guy who streams himself playing horror games and screeches in a really high-pitched voice while making lots of rape jokes. It's really grating and I don't get the appeal at all

#18 Posted by EatShanna (875 posts) -

This prick, Tobuscus and iWhore are living proof you don't need talent to be a successful YouTuber.

#19 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

He's like Fred. Only children watch his channel.

#20 Posted by Makhaidos (1611 posts) -

Shit, I'm in the wrong profession.

#21 Posted by deeliman (2344 posts) -

Good for him, I guess.

#22 Posted by lamprey263 (22666 posts) -

the guy is probably running some bots to monetize on his videos' ads, his videos are stupid

#23 Posted by Renevent42 (5079 posts) -

Good for him I guess...his success certainly doesn't upset me. With that said I think I watched maybe 2 minutes of one of his videos in the past and had to close it. I personally think his videos are loud, obnoxious, and aimed at the lowest common denominator. It wasn't witty or funny...just...well basically a grown man yelling stupid things into a microphone. If millions of people enjoy that kind of thing though more power to him.

#25 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6516 posts) -

Sure arr a lot of haters in this topic. People find him funny. People get paid all the time for being funny.

#26 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (192 posts) -

Junko's thouhgts:

1) How reliable is that info?

2) Is it really possible to make over a million bucks by doing LPs and such?

3) That lucky asshole. I wish I could make millions just by gaming.

#27 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

His success is proof that life isn't fair and that people tend to be rewarded based on their likeability instead of their productivity/ usefulness. His success is as maddening as that of an "upscale" whore.

The good suffer and the evil prosper.

Fuck humanity.

#28 Edited by RadecSupreme (4629 posts) -

I'm glad I do not contribute to his rating and views because the guy is a moron. It's too bad he's so wealthy out of being an idiot. Wish it were so easy for all of us.

#29 Posted by toast_burner (21291 posts) -

How is this any different to any other entertainer getting paid a lot of money?

#30 Edited by CleanPlayer (9772 posts) -

I looked him up, and I actually recognize him from the Amnesia playthrough. He's funny, but I lost patience with his energy and I just couldn't handle it and quit watching. That's insane in how successful he is, kudos to him for finding wealth in streaming playthroughs

#31 Edited by GoogleAndroid (143 posts) -

I don't know how accurate/reliable those stats are, but either way, good for him.

#32 Posted by chaplainDMK (6668 posts) -

He's fun lol

#33 Posted by Jimn_tonic (819 posts) -

well, all i can really say is good for him. i hate LP's tho. it's like listening to a DVD commentary with someone who had nothing to do with the movie.

#34 Edited by DrKillByDeath84 (371 posts) -

good for him

#35 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

His success is proof that life isn't fair and that people tend to be rewarded based on their likeability instead of their productivity/ usefulness. His success is as maddening as that of an "upscale" whore.

Fuck humanity.

Boo-fucking-hoo.

#36 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

good for him

Pretty much. I don't know this person is, but it's not my money so more power to him.

#37 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6723 posts) -

So much haters in this thread.

First time I'm hearing about the guy but good for him, he's making his own money, and lots of it. As long as he's not doing anything illegal to get it then more power to him.

#38 Posted by Master_Live (13953 posts) -

And that is that.

#39 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

Fuck humanity.

Boo-fucking-hoo.

I speak the truth.

#40 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

@worlock77 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

Fuck humanity.

Boo-fucking-hoo.

I speak the truth.

No, you just whine. About everything.

#41 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

@worlock77 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@worlock77 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

Fuck humanity.

Boo-fucking-hoo.

I speak the truth.

No, you just whine. About everything.

Pointing out the harshness of reality is not whining, Buddha Boy.

#42 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

It's sad, he was at the right place and the right time. The second loud idiot mess next to him does not even have a third of his base. In fact there are so many clones of this guy that it's made commentary on games disgusting. Heck, he started the whole calling them walkthroughs and playthroughs, I have to go through 80 pages to find videos without commentary now.

#43 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7953 posts) -

I know quite alot of people hate him but hell if I was in his position I'd milk the shit out of it aswell.

#44 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

There should be laws that require a 90% tax to be levied against undeserved earnings.

#45 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25975 posts) -

Yeah I'm not surprised considering there's always a few people getting angry at how he doesn't care about his fans and its all about the money. This would explain a lot.

#46 Posted by THE_DRUGGIE (24961 posts) -

Good for him I guess...his success certainly doesn't upset me. With that said I think I watched maybe 2 minutes of one of his videos in the past and had to close it. I personally think his videos are loud, obnoxious, and aimed at the lowest common denominator. It wasn't witty or funny...just...well basically a grown man yelling stupid things into a microphone. If millions of people enjoy that kind of thing though more power to him.

He's kinda like Rush Limbaugh, when you think about it.

#48 Edited by PannicAtack (20928 posts) -

I don't watch him because he's annoying and there are much better Let's Players out there, but good for him. Not everyone can make a living playing video games.

There are worse LPers, though. DarkSydePhil is a standout case of awful.

#49 Posted by plageus900 (953 posts) -

I used to watch him, but I got annoyed. His "cheheh, how's it goin' bros, my name's pewwwdiepie" intro's really piss me off.

That can be said for the entire rap industry, and they're swimming in money.

#50 Edited by Jimn_tonic (819 posts) -

Junko's thouhgts:

1) How reliable is that info?

Not the best. It's largely generalized speculation. The amount of money YTers make is confidential, as part of their partnership contract, and their are a ton of variables in those contracts that affect their income.