PewDiePie made 4 MILLION dollars in 2013!!

• 71 results
#51 Posted by Behardy24 (2374 posts) -

@KHAndAnime said:

BRHD is no Mr. Chi City, that's for sure.

I WISH MrChiCity3 was on GS forums lol. Dude hasn't shot a video in years. :/

not worried though, probably doing his thang.

Other people know who MrChiCity is!?! God, I use to love that guy's videos. He was such a kind-heart individual, he really was. Over the years, I remember re-watching his old videos for hours and love'in each and everyone of them. I hope he and his bother are doing good.

#52 Posted by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

Pewdiepie is an inspiration. lol. -_-

#53 Posted by JangoWuzHere (15940 posts) -

I don't watch his videos, but I'm sure hes a cool dude. He donates his money to charity and uses his popularity to get other people to donate.

#54 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16145 posts) -

I don't understand this craze for let's plays. I barely watch any.

Sure, they are a good way to gather info on whether or not a game will be for you, ... But I'm talking about the people that would rather watch let's plays than play the game themselves.

What's the point in seeing someboy else play the game ? I'm talking playing hours of a game here, not just doing a quick 20min video with some info about the game or funny stuff.

#55 Posted by Flubbbs (2840 posts) -

alot of jealous people in this topic that like to hate on success

#56 Posted by OrangeTabbyCat (91 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

People aren't hating on his success.

What's making people mad is the ridiculousness of the whole situation.

Let's say you're a doctor, you spent 10 years of your life studying and working your butt off to get your own practice, you're very successful and make good money.

Then you hear about this, some guy with a camera made more money than you probably ever will playing video games and acting stupid.

People should be upset by this, while his videos are entertaining to a great many they should not be providing him with anything close to this much money.

#57 Posted by gamerguru100 (10407 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

Let's say you're a doctor, you spent 10 years of your life studying and working your butt off to get your own practice, you're very successful and make good money.

Then you hear about this, some guy with a camera made more money than you probably ever will playing video games and acting stupid.

People should be upset by this, while his videos are entertaining to a great many they should not be providing him with anything close to this much money.

Ten thousand Internets for you, my friend. Several people go to college, rack up thousands of dollars in debt, and aren't even guaranteed a career in the field they chose. Yet this guy, a college dropout (yes, he dropped out of college), decides one day to get a camera and start acting like a moron in front of it, and all of a sudden he's making more money a year than hundreds of millions of working people will make in their entire fucking lifetimes. It's fucking bullshit.

#58 Posted by Flubbbs (2840 posts) -

@OrangeTabbyCat said:

@Flubbbs said:

Ten thousand Internets for you, my friend. Several people go to college, rack up thousands of dollars in debt, and aren't even guaranteed a career in the field they chose. Yet this guy, a college dropout (yes, he dropped out of college), decides one day to get a camera and start acting like a moron in front of it, and all of a sudden he's making more money a year than hundreds of millions of working people will make in their entire fucking lifetimes. It's fucking bullshit.

haha youre so jealous of pewdiepie

#59 Posted by gamerguru100 (10407 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@OrangeTabbyCat said:

@Flubbbs said:

haha youre so jealous of pewdiepie

haha trolololololol

#60 Posted by Hemmaroids (3148 posts) -

Thought he made more but I'm glad the WSJ corrected me otherwise.

#61 Posted by thegerg (14426 posts) -

@OrangeTabbyCat said:

@Flubbbs said:

Why is it bullshit?

#62 Posted by MrGeezer (55944 posts) -

@OrangeTabbyCat said:

@Flubbbs said:

What's wrong with you? Why are you acting as if getting a college degree entitles you to wealth? Your college degree doesn't inherently do any good for anyone else, your college degree isn't inherently worth anything to anyone else, so why should that college graduate be wealthier than someone who is entertaining a huge number of people?

#64 Posted by SexyJazzCat (877 posts) -

@OrangeTabbyCat said:

@Flubbbs said:

This mindset you both share is absolutely sickening.

#65 Posted by gamerguru100 (10407 posts) -

@gamerguru100 said:

@OrangeTabbyCat said:

@Flubbbs said:

This mindset you both share is absolutely sickening.

We think the same of your mindset, so I guess that makes us even.

#66 Posted by gamerguru100 (10407 posts) -

Given the number of people PewDiePie entertains, I think he does deserve a salary capable of keeping him living comfortably (perhaps $40,000-$50,000 a year), but I don't think he deserves an annual salary that dwarfs the annual salaries of a doctor, lawyer, firefighter, and police officer combined. Positions like those are what keep society up and running. PewDiePie just screams obnoxiously into a camera and posts videos on YouTube. That's not worth four million dollars a fucking year, especially considering that many people don't even make that much in their lifetime depending on what their career is.

The reason I bring up college degrees is because, at least here in Murrica, they cost several thousands of dollars just to get one, and I think someone who's studied hard deserves the opportunity to get hired for a career in their major. It's sickening that people will go into law school or medical school, study hard for several years, graduate with over $100,000 in debt, and still have difficulty finding a career in their chosen major. If you think hardworking people like that don't deserve a career, then you're the one with backwards thinking. A college dropout who spends his days yelling at a camera like a retard doesn't deserve four million dollars a year, regardless of his subscriber count. That's horse shit, and every one of you knows it.

I'm done with this thread. Don't waste your breath trying to convince me otherwise.

#67 Posted by MrGeezer (55944 posts) -

Given the number of people PewDiePie entertains, I think he does deserve a salary capable of keeping him living comfortably (perhaps $40,000-$50,000 a year), but I don't think he deserves an annual salary that dwarfs the annual salaries of a doctor, lawyer, firefighter, and police officer combined. Positions like those are what keep society up and running. PewDiePie just screams obnoxiously into a camera and posts videos on YouTube. That's not worth four million dollars a fucking year, especially considering that many people don't even make that much in their lifetime depending on what their career is.

The reason I bring up college degrees is because, at least here in Murrica, they cost several thousands of dollars just to get one, and I think someone who's studied hard deserves the opportunity to get hired for a career in their major. It's sickening that people will go into law school or medical school, study hard for several years, graduate with over $100,000 in debt, and still have difficulty finding a career in their chosen major. If you think hardworking people like that don't deserve a career, then you're the one with backwards thinking. A college dropout who spends his days yelling at a camera like a retard doesn't deserve four million dollars a year, regardless of his subscriber count. That's horse shit, and every one of you knows it.

I'm done with this thread. Don't waste your breath trying to convince me otherwise.

Again, the operating question is "what are you doing for me?" If I am an employer and I don't need someone with your major, then what fucking good are you to me? Why should I hire you?

You really need to get out of your mindset, because that is self-defeating. You want a job? Do you want a good income? Then you offer something that is of value to other people. That's what PewDiePie did, that's why he's worth every penny that he got. When you sit around acting like society owes you wealth just because you got a degree, you're only hurting yourself. Either figure out how to use your degree in a way that makes you valuable, or do your goddamn research and choose a degree that is more valuable. Or shit, dude. If you want to be rich that badly, then why are you wasting money on a degree anyway? Go make some Youtube videos instead, and let's see how well that works out for you.

#68 Edited by thegerg (14426 posts) -

Why don't you think he deserves what people willingly pay him?

#69 Edited by thegerg (14426 posts) -

@gamerguru100: Also, if you think doctors, cops, etc. deserve to get paid more then do something about it. Put your money where your mouth is, cut them a check.

#70 Posted by indzman (16536 posts) -

LOL at the guys defending pewdiepies annual income , they must be pwediefan's subscribers/ fanboys and enjoy his shitty vids =P

#71 Posted by thegerg (14426 posts) -

@indzman said:

LOL at the guys defending pewdiepies annual income , they must be pwediefan's subscribers/ fanboys and enjoy his shitty vids =P

Not all of them.

#72 Edited by MrGeezer (55944 posts) -

@indzman said:

I've never even seen one of his videos.

#73 Edited by samanthademeste (1092 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqwcGMV4PL0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62LpJRxU5b4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIA_fda93t8