PewDiePie made 4 MILLION dollars in 2013!!

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@4myAmuzumament said:

@KHAndAnime said:

BRHD is no Mr. Chi City, that's for sure.

I WISH MrChiCity3 was on GS forums lol. Dude hasn't shot a video in years. :/

not worried though, probably doing his thang.

Other people know who MrChiCity is!?! God, I use to love that guy's videos. He was such a kind-heart individual, he really was. Over the years, I remember re-watching his old videos for hours and love'in each and everyone of them. I hope he and his bother are doing good.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I don't watch his videos, but I'm sure hes a cool dude. He donates his money to charity and uses his popularity to get other people to donate.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46273 Posts

I don't understand this craze for let's plays. I barely watch any.

Sure, they are a good way to gather info on whether or not a game will be for you, ... But I'm talking about the people that would rather watch let's plays than play the game themselves.

What's the point in seeing someboy else play the game ? I'm talking playing hours of a game here, not just doing a quick 20min video with some info about the game or funny stuff.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

alot of jealous people in this topic that like to hate on success

OrangeTabbyCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 OrangeTabbyCat
Member since 2010 • 94 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

People aren't hating on his success.

What's making people mad is the ridiculousness of the whole situation.

Let's say you're a doctor, you spent 10 years of your life studying and working your butt off to get your own practice, you're very successful and make good money.

Then you hear about this, some guy with a camera made more money than you probably ever will playing video games and acting stupid.

People should be upset by this, while his videos are entertaining to a great many they should not be providing him with anything close to this much money.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@OrangeTabbyCat said:

@Flubbbs said:

Let's say you're a doctor, you spent 10 years of your life studying and working your butt off to get your own practice, you're very successful and make good money.

Then you hear about this, some guy with a camera made more money than you probably ever will playing video games and acting stupid.

People should be upset by this, while his videos are entertaining to a great many they should not be providing him with anything close to this much money.

Ten thousand Internets for you, my friend. Several people go to college, rack up thousands of dollars in debt, and aren't even guaranteed a career in the field they chose. Yet this guy, a college dropout (yes, he dropped out of college), decides one day to get a camera and start acting like a moron in front of it, and all of a sudden he's making more money a year than hundreds of millions of working people will make in their entire fucking lifetimes. It's fucking bullshit.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

@OrangeTabbyCat said:

@Flubbbs said:

Ten thousand Internets for you, my friend. Several people go to college, rack up thousands of dollars in debt, and aren't even guaranteed a career in the field they chose. Yet this guy, a college dropout (yes, he dropped out of college), decides one day to get a camera and start acting like a moron in front of it, and all of a sudden he's making more money a year than hundreds of millions of working people will make in their entire fucking lifetimes. It's fucking bullshit.

haha youre so jealous of pewdiepie

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 gamerguru100

@Flubbbs said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@OrangeTabbyCat said:

@Flubbbs said:

haha youre so jealous of pewdiepie

haha trolololololol

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

@OrangeTabbyCat said:

@Flubbbs said:

What's wrong with you? Why are you acting as if getting a college degree entitles you to wealth? Your college degree doesn't inherently do any good for anyone else, your college degree isn't inherently worth anything to anyone else, so why should that college graduate be wealthier than someone who is entertaining a huge number of people?

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts
@gamerguru100 said:

@OrangeTabbyCat said:

@Flubbbs said:

This mindset you both share is absolutely sickening.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 gamerguru100

@SexyJazzCat said:
@gamerguru100 said:

@OrangeTabbyCat said:

@Flubbbs said:

This mindset you both share is absolutely sickening.

We think the same of your mindset, so I guess that makes us even.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 gamerguru100

Given the number of people PewDiePie entertains, I think he does deserve a salary capable of keeping him living comfortably (perhaps $40,000-$50,000 a year), but I don't think he deserves an annual salary that dwarfs the annual salaries of a doctor, lawyer, firefighter, and police officer combined. Positions like those are what keep society up and running. PewDiePie just screams obnoxiously into a camera and posts videos on YouTube. That's not worth four million dollars a fucking year, especially considering that many people don't even make that much in their lifetime depending on what their career is.

The reason I bring up college degrees is because, at least here in Murrica, they cost several thousands of dollars just to get one, and I think someone who's studied hard deserves the opportunity to get hired for a career in their major. It's sickening that people will go into law school or medical school, study hard for several years, graduate with over $100,000 in debt, and still have difficulty finding a career in their chosen major. If you think hardworking people like that don't deserve a career, then you're the one with backwards thinking. A college dropout who spends his days yelling at a camera like a retard doesn't deserve four million dollars a year, regardless of his subscriber count. That's horse shit, and every one of you knows it.

I'm done with this thread. Don't waste your breath trying to convince me otherwise.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MrGeezer

@gamerguru100 said:

Given the number of people PewDiePie entertains, I think he does deserve a salary capable of keeping him living comfortably (perhaps $40,000-$50,000 a year), but I don't think he deserves an annual salary that dwarfs the annual salaries of a doctor, lawyer, firefighter, and police officer combined. Positions like those are what keep society up and running. PewDiePie just screams obnoxiously into a camera and posts videos on YouTube. That's not worth four million dollars a fucking year, especially considering that many people don't even make that much in their lifetime depending on what their career is.

The reason I bring up college degrees is because, at least here in Murrica, they cost several thousands of dollars just to get one, and I think someone who's studied hard deserves the opportunity to get hired for a career in their major. It's sickening that people will go into law school or medical school, study hard for several years, graduate with over $100,000 in debt, and still have difficulty finding a career in their chosen major. If you think hardworking people like that don't deserve a career, then you're the one with backwards thinking. A college dropout who spends his days yelling at a camera like a retard doesn't deserve four million dollars a year, regardless of his subscriber count. That's horse shit, and every one of you knows it.

I'm done with this thread. Don't waste your breath trying to convince me otherwise.

Again, the operating question is "what are you doing for me?" If I am an employer and I don't need someone with your major, then what fucking good are you to me? Why should I hire you?

You really need to get out of your mindset, because that is self-defeating. You want a job? Do you want a good income? Then you offer something that is of value to other people. That's what PewDiePie did, that's why he's worth every penny that he got. When you sit around acting like society owes you wealth just because you got a degree, you're only hurting yourself. Either figure out how to use your degree in a way that makes you valuable, or do your goddamn research and choose a degree that is more valuable. Or shit, dude. If you want to be rich that badly, then why are you wasting money on a degree anyway? Go make some Youtube videos instead, and let's see how well that works out for you.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

LOL at the guys defending pewdiepies annual income , they must be pwediefan's subscribers/ fanboys and enjoy his shitty vids =P

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By MrGeezer

@indzman said:

LOL at the guys defending pewdiepies annual income , they must be pwediefan's subscribers/ fanboys and enjoy his shitty vids =P

I've never even seen one of his videos.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqwcGMV4PL0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62LpJRxU5b4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIA_fda93t8

Avatar image for jihadyfireworks
jihadyfireworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 jihadyfireworks
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

PewDiePie is a lucky bastard. I avoid clicking on his link for game previews because he sounds annoying, like a budding pedophile-sex offender.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@jihadyfireworks said:

PewDiePie is a lucky bastard. I avoid clicking on his link for game previews because he sounds annoying, like a budding pedophile-sex offender.

He's lucky and he's obnoxious.

I'm honestly surprised he only made 4 million, the more I think about it. What I'm not surprised about is that videogames developers are becoming more edgy about people using their game content on Youtube.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Good on him. Personally I find him obnoxious as hell, but he seems to be a nice guy and I have seen some vids that were entertaining...nothing I'd sub to or watch regularly though.

RushKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 RushKing
Member since 2009 • 1785 Posts
Loading Video...

EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts

4 million? What the hell does he even do? I know he's some youtube bigshot but I've never watched his videos despite yt always telling me to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#79  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@Master_Live said:

@MrGeezer said:

**** the haters. I've never seen this guy's videos, and if I did, I probably would think that they're shit. But that's neither here nor there, a lot of people are hating this guy because "I don't like him so he shouldn't be successful." And my tolerance for that kind of shit is rapidly diminishing. Whether or not his videos are garbage, he's creating content and giving people what they want. Meanwhile a lot of people want him to go away simply because "I don't like him." **** that shit. It's a lot easier to destroy than to create. It takes little effort to break down what others make, and a lot more effort to actually make something that people fucking want.

Think his work is shit and he doesn't deserve his success? If it were so freaking easy to get successful doing what he does, then everyone would be doing it.

Pretty much this. I don't like his videos so I don't watch them but I'm happy he's doing so well for himself with something he enjoys doing =D

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#80 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I am glad he is so successful because that means others can experience similar profits. It is great.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#81 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Good for him. I still think his videos suck.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

This thread is back,again?

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

@4myAmuzumament said:

BRHD is next and he will publicly shun those of you who berated him.

I know you're being sarcastic, but I've given up on becoming famous. I don't have what it takes (e.g. the looks and the charm).

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

I've watched a couple of his videos, just shows how gullible the public is... that BRO is laughing all the way to the bank.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 MrGeezer

@emil_fontz said:

@4myAmuzumament said:

BRHD is next and he will publicly shun those of you who berated him.

I know you're being sarcastic, but I've given up on becoming famous. I don't have what it takes (e.g. the looks and the charm).

What about the talent, the determination, and the ambition? Sure, you might not have the good looks (though from what I hear you're not exactly ugly), but I can list off quite a few famous people who are ugly. It's not like good looks are a requirement. And yeah, you might not have the charm, but have you considered trying to work at getting it?

Not that I think that "being famous" is something to strive for anyway. That's the equivalent of the kid in kindergarten who'll eat a turd if you dare him to. He will do whatever he has to do in order to get famous. So he gets famous around school for being the kid who eats turds, and he's totally fine with that because at least he's famous. You don't want to be that guy, do you? Then stop aspiring to be famous.

However, I hear that you like talking about movies. I hear that you have this youtube channel where you do movie reviews and that you want people to listen to what you have to say. That's different. That's not necessarily "trying to be famous". That's having something you want to say, saying it to anyone who's willing to listen, and hoping to be able to get more people to hear your message. That's being a content creator, and being driven by the content rather than the fame. If you get famous by accident, that's just a happy side effect.

So you need to ask yourself what you want most. Do you want to be famous, or do you want to speak your mind and have a way to be heard? If it's the former, then yeah you should give up right now. If it's the latter, then don't you dare stop doing what you do.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#86 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Happy for him, he can be entertaining depending on what he streams/youtubes.

RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

I've seen a lot of his video's but it isn't anything special at all, just that he acts like a complete idiot....... which is probably why people watch him, to see the guy react and not to see the actual game. His content outside of horror is pretty garbage, and its horror what made him extremely popular in the first place.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#88 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

I think he is a wonderful artist.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

@OrangeTabbyCat said:

@Flubbbs said:

Don't hate the player, son. Hate the game.

Why is it a big deal that he is capitalizing on something that obviously translates well to a younger audience.

Pewdiepie isn't much different than Lazlow Jones, Mr. Bean or Three Stooges. You're acting as if low-brow comedy wasn't successful before Pewdiepie.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#90 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

pewdiepie was always a weirdo imo.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points