People who sample songs.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bruinfan617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bruinfan617
Member since 2010 • 3767 Posts

Personally,I can't standtheuseof samples. I don't care how good a song sounds, if it has a sample I can't look past it and won't listen to it. Even if the artist creates layers of music on top of the sample and "makes it their own" I just can't help but not support it. Even bands like Animal Collective make me mad. I like their music where they don't use samples.

What are your opinions on sampling?

ultamite_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ultamite_gamer
Member since 2006 • 823 Posts
If the artist creates their own samples then I am fine with it. Also sometimes a bad song might have one good part in it which is worth sampling. If the artist can manage to completely create a brand new unique song using sampling then I don't really mind it. Then again creating new music from scratch is always better than sampling someone else's work.
bruinfan617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bruinfan617
If the artist creates their own samples then I am fine with it. Also sometimes a bad song might have one good part in it which is worth sampling. If the artist can manage to completely create a brand new unique song using sampling then I don't really mind it. Then again creating new music from scratch is always better than sampling someone else's work.ultamite_gamer
Well, I'm sure a lot of musicians will improvise or work melodies around another song and create something out of that. Basing music off of another song is alright just as long as it's not a direct copy.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23051 Posts
As long as the sample is legally licensed, what's the problem?
Avatar image for PsychoRedFox666
PsychoRedFox666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PsychoRedFox666
Member since 2007 • 2081 Posts

I'm fine if movies are being sampled. Other songs? No.

bruinfan617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bruinfan617
As long as the sample is legally licensed, what's the problem?mattbbpl
It just takes the soul out of music and is so artificial. Sure I listen to music with synths and all that but atleast that requires some form of musical knowledge and skill.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23051 Posts
[QUOTE="mattbbpl"]As long as the sample is legally licensed, what's the problem?bruinfan617
It just takes the soul out of music and is so artificial. Sure I listen to music with synths and all that but atleast that requires some form of musical knowledge and skill.

Eh, I just ignore the garbage out there. If I don't like the music put out by someone then I'll just listen to different music.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts

I think a good sample can be beautiful in a song, and plus without samples i would never hear my hypercrush remixes of bullet proof and over.