People who don't drink water.

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by superfluidity (2163 posts) -

I was going to bring this up in the bottled water thread but it isn't really related.

I have met people who actually never drink water alone, as in 100% of their water intake comes from things like soda, fruit juice, milk or other flavored drinks.

Does anyone here do this? What do you think about it?

#2 Posted by Theokhoth (36799 posts) -
I do that except at night.
#3 Posted by BreakTheseLinks (2601 posts) -
I feel sick if I just drink soda or something.
#4 Posted by toast_burner (21471 posts) -

I don't drink water. but I have a problem with forgetting to eat or drink altogether.

#5 Posted by ThePerro (3103 posts) -

I actually try and avoid drinking soda, and will opt for water most of the time. I don't know anyone who actually doesn't drink water though.

#6 Posted by Omni-Slash (54404 posts) -
admitteldy one of my new years resolutions is to drink more water...too often I get mine fluids from diet soda/diet drinks/juice...I just don't like plain water...
#7 Posted by NoobisMaxcimus (2893 posts) -
That's so gross. No wonder people are so fat.
#8 Posted by Dark__Link (32653 posts) -
I know someone who does that. Drinks a lot of Gatorade. About half of what I drink is water... the rest is iced tea, beer, or soda.
#9 Posted by hammerofcrom (1323 posts) -

there's times were I just NEED some flavor in the water. which is usually when I'll throw a spoonful of lemonade mix into it. sure it's not as good as pure water then, but it's still much better than soda for you.

#10 Posted by Razor-Lazor (12761 posts) -
I try to drink more, because I hate when I don't pee clear since it hurts so much. Plus, I've heard water can help clear up acne.
#11 Posted by Overlord93 (12602 posts) -

hate water on its own myself. can't drink it at all. Squash, juice, and carbonated drinks for me

#12 Posted by vadicta (4354 posts) -

admitteldy one of my new years resolutions is to drink more water...too often I get mine fluids from diet soda/diet drinks/juice...I just don't like plain water...Omni-Slash

You should try flavored water. It doesn't really have anything in it, either and it's also dirt cheap. It's what I do. I don't drink anything but it anymore. And I think that, as long as it's not all soda, like if there's juice or milk in there, it might not be all bad. But it's still kinda disgusting.

#13 Posted by 194197844077667059316682358889 (49173 posts) -
Other than weekend boozing and my morning coffee, water is by far my main bev intake
#14 Posted by Omni-Slash (54404 posts) -
That's so gross. No wonder people are so fat.NoobisMaxcimus
except some of us that do this aren't..:|
#15 Posted by weezyfb (14703 posts) -
i eat water
#16 Posted by Oborozukiyo (1967 posts) -
I never did when i was small, prolly was the reason why I passed out so often.
#17 Posted by Omni-Slash (54404 posts) -
You should try flavored water. It doesn't really have anything in it, either and it's also dirt cheap. It's what I do. I don't drink anything but it anymore. And I think that, as long as it's not all soda, like if there's juice or milk in there, it might not be all bad. But it's still kinda disgusting.vadicta
I've tried flavored water...the aftertaste jsut gets me....mind you I am drinking more water this year..so we'll see how it goes...
#18 Posted by redstorm72 (4528 posts) -

Well, I'd say that 90% of my fluid intake is from other drinks besides water (mostly milk, soda and orange juice). Sometimes, I drink water at night or if I don't want to put a new bag of milk in the holder.

#19 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I used to never drink water. I'm 25 and didn't start really drinking water until late in high school.

#20 Posted by 194197844077667059316682358889 (49173 posts) -

Well, I'd say that 90% of my fluid intake is from other drinks besides water (mostly milk, soda and orange juice). Sometimes, I drink water at night or if I don't want to put a new bag of milk in the holder.

redstorm72
LOL Canada
#21 Posted by Alter_Echo (10722 posts) -

I actually dont remember the last time i had plain water. I like things that taste like stuff though and could not care less about the health issues if i tried.

#22 Posted by Palantas (15321 posts) -

I love water. :) I got addicted to it on a military deployment a long time ago. I always have a water bottle at hand.

Other than that, I drink a little juice and next to no soda. Of course I drink all varieties of alcoholic beverages, but those aren't for hydration.

#23 Posted by superfluidity (2163 posts) -

hate water on its own myself. can't drink it at all. Squash, juice, and carbonated drinks for me

Overlord93

Doesn't that get expensive? Do you have problems with tooth decay?

#24 Posted by StrawberryHill (5321 posts) -

Other than weekend boozing and my morning coffee, water is by far my main bev intakexaos

That's pretty much my approach. I drink coffee in the morning, sometimes tea. I usually have some wine during the evening. Aside from those things, all I drink is water. I feel sick if I don't drink a lot of water.

#25 Posted by QiiXii (603 posts) -
I rarely drink anything but water, actually.
#26 Posted by Phoenix534 (17774 posts) -

Water is one of my favorite beverages, right up there with Squirt and NOS. Keep a 24 pack of bottled water in my room at all times.

#27 Posted by xsynth (864 posts) -

I know someone who does that. Drinks a lot of Gatorade. About half of what I drink is water... the rest is iced tea, beer, or soda.Dark__Link

But it has electrolytes. It's what he craves!

#28 Posted by GrabTheYayo (1315 posts) -

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

xaos

LOL Canada

ya whats wrong with that? where do you americans drink your milk? straight from the cow?

#29 Posted by GrabTheYayo (1315 posts) -

i drink 3-4 litres of water everyday. and one glass of milk. never anything els. im into staying healthy and living long.

#30 Posted by toast_burner (21471 posts) -

i drink 3-4 litres of water everyday. im into staying healthy and living long.

GrabTheYayo
that can kill you
#31 Posted by 194197844077667059316682358889 (49173 posts) -

[QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="redstorm72"]

GrabTheYayo

LOL Canada

ya whats wrong with that? where do you americans drink your milk? straight from the cow?

Of course; anything else would be unmanly
#32 Posted by binpink (9095 posts) -

Bf is like this. He barely drinks anything though. Usually one glass of milk or juice at night, plus a little something at work and that's it. All day. I don't get it but then again I drink tons of water. And it does me NO good.

#33 Posted by GrabTheYayo (1315 posts) -

[QUOTE="GrabTheYayo"]

toast_burner

that can kill you

lol yes thats what mcdonalds and burger kings tell their american population. do research my fellow american (im guessing you are) there is no such thing as too much water unless you drown your self in it. this guy who works out in my gym drinks 8 litres of water. ask a pro athlete how much they drink...

#34 Posted by ToshSM (150 posts) -
I'm pretty much like that. Though I've started drinking more water in college because it's cheaper than everything else.
ya whats wrong with that? where do you americans drink your milk? straight from the cow?GrabTheYayo

Straight from the jug.
#35 Posted by redstorm72 (4528 posts) -

[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="GrabTheYayo"]

GrabTheYayo

that can kill you

lol yes thats what mcdonalds and burger kings tell their american population. do research my fellow american (im guessing you are) there is no such thing as too much water unless you drown your self in it. this guy who works out in my gym drinks 8 litres of water

Seems like you would end up spending most of your day peeing.

#36 Posted by toast_burner (21471 posts) -

GrabTheYayo

that can kill you

lol yes thats what mcdonalds and burger kings tell their american population. do research my fellow american (im guessing you are) there is no such thing as too much water unless you drown your self in it. this guy who works out in my gym drinks 8 litres of water

Its called water intoxication

#37 Posted by GrabTheYayo (1315 posts) -

[QUOTE="GrabTheYayo"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"] that can kill youredstorm72

Seems like you would end up spending most of your day peeing.

no, but the more toxins you release from your body the better. you know you are doing it rite when your urine is clear as the water you drink

#38 Posted by kweeni (10900 posts) -
I drink water sometimes.
#39 Posted by fooZar777 (611 posts) -

The only times I drink water are in the summer and other hot months. Other than that, I drink ice tea.

#40 Posted by 194197844077667059316682358889 (49173 posts) -
[QUOTE="GrabTheYayo"]

toast_burner
that can kill you

According to your own link, water intoxication (itself only fatal in extreme cases) only happens at levels "far beyond" the recommended 1-2 liters/day
#41 Posted by GrabTheYayo (1315 posts) -

[QUOTE="GrabTheYayo"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"] that can kill youtoast_burner

like i said there is a difference between drinking 4 litres through out the day and drowning your self in it in seconds. its not how much you drink, its how fast you drink it. link

#42 Posted by Suzy_Q_Kazoo (9901 posts) -

Nah, I carry a bottle of water in my purse and am constantly sipping/refilling it.

#43 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

I avoid tap water, especially after working for a city waterworks department. The stuff that goes into water to remove other stuff from water to make it potable. Yuck.:?

#44 Posted by Palantas (15321 posts) -

[QUOTE="GrabTheYayo"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"] that can kill youtoast_burner

That article says healthy kidneys can process one litre of water per hour. I think the chances four litres per day killing you are pretty low. If nothing else, obviously that much water hasn't killed him, as evidenced by his posting. I drink about a gallon of water a day, and I'm remaining death-free.

#45 Posted by T_P_O (5388 posts) -

I often can't be arsed to go shopping on days I'm not in uni, so I often end up on those days just filling a 2 litre bottle up with tap water and using that.

It happens more frequently than I'd like, too.

#46 Posted by JuarN18 (4981 posts) -

In a normal day i only drink milk and water

xaos

that can kill you

According to your own link, water intoxication (itself only fatal in extreme cases) only happens at levels "far beyond" the recommended 1-2 liters/day

And in the very same link: "Healthy kidneys are able to excrete approximately 1 litre of fluid water (0.26 gallons) per hour.However, stress (from prolonged physical exertion), as well as disease states, can greatly reduce this amount"

#47 Posted by XilePrincess (13129 posts) -
I used to, I've started trying to drink more water now.
#48 Posted by Overlord93 (12602 posts) -

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="GrabTheYayo"]lol yes thats what mcdonalds and burger kings tell their american population. do research my fellow american (im guessing you are) there is no such thing as too much water unless you drown your self in it. this guy who works out in my gym drinks 8 litres of water

GrabTheYayo

like i said there is a difference between drinking 4 litres through out the day and drowning your self in it in seconds. its not how much you drink, its how fast you drink it. link

is a day not a unit of time? its nothing to do with drowning, you can't dig yourself out of that statement, just tip your hat and pretend no one noticed
#49 Posted by StudySession (1539 posts) -

I never drink water. As far as fluids go I pretty much live off orange juice.

#50 Posted by Raymundo_Manuel (4641 posts) -

I probably drink around 10 cups a day. The stuff is delicious :)

Though I occasionally drink grape juice, or milk as well.