People are racist against black dogs

• 48 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by indzman (19965 posts) -

Just when you were hoping there were no new ways to be racist, it turns out people may be racist against dogs. Black Dog Syndrome is the name shelter workers have given to the tendency of dark-furred pups to languish in kennels while their lighter-furred brethren get adopted.“The effect is very real,” says Mirah Horowitz, executive director and founder of Lucky Dog Animal Rescue. “We recently had a litter of five very cute, very fluffy puppies, two yellow and three black. And the yellow ones all went immediately, but for the black ones it took weeks.”

ARTICLE

what the fvck did i just read. I love black cats or dogs also , who the hell cares about a dogs fur colour being BLACK ??? :(

#2 Posted by Master_Live (15832 posts) -

I would hope that one day we would adopt dogs, not by the cuteness of their gaze, but by the content of their bitness.

#3 Posted by alim298 (2073 posts) -

Black horses anyone? I love them way better than white horses. Red horses are my favorite though.

#4 Posted by Xeno_ghost (696 posts) -

Why is everything that is black seen as a negative? Black balled black listed, black eye, beaten black and blue, dirt on the carpet left my socks black, don't wear black on a sunny hot day, don't let a black cat cross your path, don't adopt a black dog.....

#5 Posted by elkoldo (1550 posts) -

Do they even care about humans being racist towards them ?

#6 Posted by pyro1245 (1075 posts) -

Dogs don't have race, they are all a sub-species of wolf. And a dog's color can't usually be used to determine the different breeds. Irrational people annoy me. What's the saying? If only closed minds came with closed mouths.

#7 Posted by Sword-Demon (7001 posts) -

I have a black dog, but it's ok because she has a few light patches.

#8 Posted by thegerg (16072 posts) -

@xeno_ghost said:

Why is everything that is black seen as a negative? Black balled black listed, black eye, beaten black and blue, dirt on the carpet left my socks black, don't wear black on a sunny hot day, don't let a black cat cross your path, don't adopt a black dog.....

"black eye"

Because it's evidence that someone has suffered an injury.

"beaten black and blue"

Again, injury.

"dirt on the carpet left my socks black"

What's to like about dirt-stained socks?

"don't wear black on a sunny hot day"

That's not really negative, it's just helpful advice.

I hope that answers some of your questions

#9 Posted by thegerg (16072 posts) -

@indzman: You don't know what the word "racist" means, huh?

#10 Posted by Master_Live (15832 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@xeno_ghost said:

"black eye"

Because it's evidence that someone has suffered an injury.

"beaten black and blue"

Again, injury.

What's to like about dirt-stained socks?

That's not really negative, it's just helpful advice.

I hope that answers some of your questions

+1

#11 Posted by indzman (19965 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@indzman: You don't know what the word "racist" means, huh?

You are saying like i've written this article , take it up with the author not me =P

#12 Edited by Xeno_ghost (696 posts) -

@thegerg:

"black eye"

Is a negative effect

"beaten black and blue"

Is a negative effect

Is a negative effect

BLACK clothes having a negative effect

I hope that clears up what I meant about things that are black being negative.

#13 Posted by thegerg (16072 posts) -

@xeno_ghost said:

@thegerg:

"black eye"

Is a negative effect

"beaten black and blue"

Is a negative effect

Is a negative effect

BLACK clothes having a negative effect

I hope that clears up what I meant about things that are black being negative.

You asked "[w]hy is everything that is black seen as a negative?". Firstly, not everything that is black is seen as negative.

Anyway, you yourself say that the things listed here ARE negative. To answer your overly simplistic question, these things are seen as negative because they ARE negative.

#14 Edited by Xeno_ghost (696 posts) -

@thegerg: true but it was just a joke I didn't expect to be debating it.

I should have put a "lol" at the end it would have avoided all this.

#15 Posted by Boddicker (3129 posts) -

Both my dogs are mostly black..............

#18 Posted by Master_Live (15832 posts) -

@Doom_HellKnight said:

I had a black dog once. It bit me in the butt and stole my television.

Retarded article is retarded.

Loading Video...

#19 Posted by comp_atkins (32039 posts) -

my dog is racist against black dogs.. when he sees darker colored dogs he gets angry. it's weird.

#20 Posted by jasean79 (2398 posts) -
Loading Video...

I've always liked Black Dog. One of the better songs by Zeppelin.

#21 Posted by thegerg (16072 posts) -

@indzman: You posted it here with that thread title, not the author.

#22 Edited by GreySeal9 (25127 posts) -

@Doom_HellKnight said:

I had a black dog once. It bit me in the butt and stole my television.

Retarded article is retarded.

The article is not stupid at all. It's actually quite interesting and the author gives some compelling reasons why it takes longer for black dogs to get adopted. That's not to say that I'm sold on Black Dog Syndrome as they definitely need more hard data to support this theory (as the article states), but I wouldn't dismiss it in a knee jerk fashion either. I think the misguided opening sentence really turned some people off of this article, but it's clear that most people in this thread didn't read past the first paragraph.

#23 Posted by foxhound_fox (90820 posts) -

@jasean79 said:
Loading Video...

Came here to post this. Though I disagree about it being one of their better songs. It's good, but so incredibly over-played that I can't even listen to it anymore. If I were skilled at playing guitar, I could probably play it through from memory alone.

Most of their great music never sees the light of day on radio.

#24 Posted by indzman (19965 posts) -

@thegerg said:

You are a fvcking idiot.

#25 Posted by toast_burner (22632 posts) -

Isn't there some superstition about black dogs and cats? Might have something to do with that.

#26 Posted by thegerg (16072 posts) -

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

You are a fvcking idiot.

You posted this thread and that title. Pointing that out does not make one an idiot. Also, there is no need for insults. Try to act like an adult.

#27 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29757 posts) -
@foxhound_fox said:

@jasean79 said:
Loading Video...

Came here to post this. Though I disagree about it being one of their better songs. It's good, but so incredibly over-played that I can't even listen to it anymore. If I were skilled at playing guitar, I could probably play it through from memory alone.

Most of their great music never sees the light of day on radio.

GOD DAMNIT two people beat me to it

and idk achilles last stand is definitely their best but black dog is awesome

#28 Posted by indzman (19965 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

You are a fvcking idiot.

You posted this thread and that title. Pointing that out does not make one an idiot. Also, there is no need for insults. Try to act like an adult.

I've posted just as it is posted online. I don't need to explain myself to you on a article not made by me. Don't ask me silly questions.

#29 Posted by foxhound_fox (90820 posts) -

@chessmaster1989 said:

and idk achilles last stand is definitely their best

Something we can agree on for once.

#30 Posted by thegerg (16072 posts) -

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

You are a fvcking idiot.

I've posted just as it is posted online. I don't need to explain myself to you on a article not made by me.

"I've posted just as it is posted online."

No you did not. Stick to the facts. Reread that article. Nowhere in that article does it say "people are racist against black dogs." You did not post "just as it is posted online."

#31 Posted by indzman (19965 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

You are a fvcking idiot.

I've posted just as it is posted online. I don't need to explain myself to you on a article not made by me.

No you did not. Stick to the facts. Reread that article. Nowhere in that article does it say "people are racist against black dogs." You did not post "just as it is posted online."

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=people+are+racist&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-beta&channel=np&source=hp&gfe_rd=cr&ei=GAO3U5euIdaDuATa5YGQAw

Read 2nd news.

#32 Posted by thegerg (16072 posts) -

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

You are a fvcking idiot.

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=people+are+racist&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-beta&channel=np&source=hp&gfe_rd=cr&ei=GAO3U5euIdaDuATa5YGQAw

Read 2nd news.

Doug Ford: 'You Can Be Racist Against People That Have A Drinking Problem'

I don't see what this has to do with your post, but it was an interesting read.

#33 Posted by indzman (19965 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

You are a fvcking idiot.

Read 2nd news.

Problem is you don't read OP or thread at all , more interested or always running into blame gaming OP. Also you don't even look clearly when links are provided.

1. Are People Racist Against Black Dogs?Slate Magazine ‎- 2 days ago Just when you were hoping there were no new ways to be racist, it turns out people may be racist against dogs. Black Dog Syndrome is the ...
  1. Racist train departs at 8.24am

Sydney Morning Herald‎ - 18 hours ago
  2. Doug Ford: 'You Can Be Racist Against People That Have A ...

Huffington Post Canada‎ - 1 day ago
#34 Posted by foxhound_fox (90820 posts) -

Can you guys cut down on the quote chains? It's almost impossible to read a thread with quote chains over 2-3 long on a phone. All you have to do is hover over the quote box you want gone and hit "delete".

I would say we should request GS staff fix it so it automatically does it, but what good would that do?

#35 Posted by thegerg (16072 posts) -

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

explain myself to you on a article not made by me.

"

Read 2nd news.

Problem is you don't read OP or thread at all , more interested or always running into blame gaming OP. Also you don't even look clearly when links are provided.

1. Are People Racist Against Black Dogs?Slate Magazine ‎- 2 days ago Just when you were hoping there were no new ways to be racist, it turns out people may be racist against dogs. Black Dog Syndrome is the ...

You seem to be very confused. I read the OP and the thread. Also, the link that I provided you is the second one that comes up when I follow the URL you provided. Thirdly, nothing you've posted shows us that you have "posted just as it is posted online."

#36 Posted by indzman (19965 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

explain myself to you on a article not made by me.

"

Read 2nd news.

You seem to be very confused. I read the OP and the thread. Also, the link that I provided you is the second one that comes up when I follow the URL you provided. Thirdly, nothing you've posted shows us that you have "posted just as it is posted online."

I stand corrected in my statement towards you , i'm off to sleep cya :)

#37 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74449 posts) -

Got two black cats and one black dog. Who the hell cares?

#38 Edited by airshocker (31000 posts) -

Uh, no we're not. My dog is black.

#39 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7889 posts) -

My dog is black.

#40 Posted by indzman (19965 posts) -

@airshocker said:

Awesome dog. Whats name of your dog ? :)

#41 Posted by Jacanuk (5676 posts) -

@indzman said:

Just when you were hoping there were no new ways to be racist, it turns out people may be racist against dogs. Black Dog Syndrome is the name shelter workers have given to the tendency of dark-furred pups to languish in kennels while their lighter-furred brethren get adopted.“The effect is very real,” says Mirah Horowitz, executive director and founder of Lucky Dog Animal Rescue. “We recently had a litter of five very cute, very fluffy puppies, two yellow and three black. And the yellow ones all went immediately, but for the black ones it took weeks.”

ARTICLE

what the fvck did i just read. I love black cats or dogs also , who the hell cares about a dogs fur colour being BLACK ??? :(

That Director is proof of what happens when stupid people get to actually be heard.

Even actual racist and nazis don't care about black hair on a dog, its freaking hair and the most common hair amongst Doberman and Rottweilers are black/brown so this "director" needs to stop taking what ever she is taking.

#42 Edited by hippiesanta (9992 posts) -

My dog is black ... and her brother is white

#43 Posted by Master_Live (15832 posts) -

@hippiesanta said:

*starts crying*

Loading Video...

#44 Posted by adders99 (2610 posts) -

im not racist... I have plenty of black dog friends

#45 Edited by indzman (19965 posts) -

@hippiesanta said:

Nice :)

#46 Posted by airshocker (31000 posts) -

@indzman said:

@airshocker said:

Puck. As in a hockey puck.

#47 Posted by indzman (19965 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

@hippiesanta said:

*starts crying*

Loading Video...

@airshocker said:

@indzman said:

@airshocker said:

Puck. As in a hockey puck.

sweet, i guess you have him trained well as a cop dog also lol.

#48 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10533 posts) -

Black dogs generally are raised with out a father, enabling violent behaviors in the future

#49 Posted by jasean79 (2398 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

and idk achilles last stand is definitely their best

Something we can agree on for once.

You both are whack! Achilles Last Stand is nowhere close to being their best. Of course, that's purely subjective to say considering it IS music...

My favorites are 'Hey Hey What Can I Do' and 'Ramble On'.

#50 Posted by airshocker (31000 posts) -

@indzman said:

sweet, i guess you have him trained well as a cop dog also lol.

Nah. I did get him some obedience training from the group that trains our police dogs, though. I would let him out and he'd run off into the woods, all well and good since we have an electric fence, but he'd take forever to come back when I called him. They fixed that. And told me to leave him out for a night if he ever did it again. Only had to leave him out once after that and he comes a running when I call for him.