Paul Walker To Star In Rebooted Hitman Film Called Agent 47

This topic is locked from further discussion.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

I like paul walker, so im ok with this.

source

Heres a bit of a shocker in the world of video game adaptations. Fox International is going to reboot the Square Enix video game series Hitman as a new movie called Agent 47. Paul Walker will star as the bald assassin of the title, a character last seen in the 2007 film Hitman directed by Xavier Gens with Timothy Olyphant in the lead role.

Agent 47 will be written by Mike Finch and Skip Woods and directed by Aleksander Bach, a commercial director making his feature debut. Oddly enough, Woods also wrote the first movie for Gens and Olyphant. Theres more below.

Deadline broke the news of this reboot, which will shoot in Singapore and Berlin this Summer. As the character is depicted as bald, with a distinctive bar code tattoo on the back of his skull, Walker will shave his head once press is done for Fast and Furious 6.

The Hitman franchise has always had a cinematic vibe, so a rebranded reboot isnt the biggest surprise here. Nor is the fact that Walker has been cast in the lead. Its that Skip Woods, writer of this months A Good Day To Die Hard and X-Men: Origins Wolverine, is getting another shot at scripting. He already wrote this movie, in 2007. How often does someone get a second chance at an adaptation like this and what does it say about the original work?

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Walker is the wrong choice, looks nothing like him, even when bald

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Sounds good to me. Despite his popularity, Timothy Olyphant SUCKS as a leading man, and the original Hitman film had a tone that was totally wrong for what it was.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

Despite his popularity, Timothy Olyphant SUCKS as a leading man,Rhazakna

Justified.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]Despite his popularity, Timothy Olyphant SUCKS as a leading man,sammyjenkis898

Justified.

...A massively overrated show in which he gives his usual "stoic" (read wooden) performance. He was good in Deadwood as part of an ensemble, and that's as far as his talent takes him.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sammyjenkis898

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]Despite his popularity, Timothy Olyphant SUCKS as a leading man,Rhazakna

Justified.

...A massively overrated show in which he gives his usual "stoic" (read wooden) performance. He was good in Deadwood as part of an ensemble, and that's as far as his talent takes him.

Dude has charisma, and he mostly carries the show (Goggins deserves some credit as well.) He doesn't have the range of Cranston or Hamm, but he fits in with the material perfectly.

Plus, he has a hell of a smile.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

Sounds good to me. Despite his popularity, Timothy Olyphant SUCKS as a leading man, and the original Hitman film had a tone that was totally wrong for what it was.Rhazakna

I completely agree.  Olyphant lacks the presence.  

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

Justified.

sammyjenkis898

Dude has charisma, and he mostly carries the show (Goggins deserves some credit as well.) He doesn't have the range of Cranston or Hamm, but he fits in with the material perfectly.

Plus, he has a hell of a smile.

Walton Goggins is way more talented than Olyphant could ever hope to be. He more than proved that with his work in The Shield. If Olyphant "carries the show" then that explains why I could never get into it despite giving it numerous chances.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sammyjenkis898

Walton Goggins is way more talented than Olyphant could ever hope to be. He more than proved that with his work in The Shield.Rhazakna

Agreed on all counts.

If Olyphant "carries the show" then that explains why I could never get into it despite giving it numerous chances.Rhazakna

Ever get past the first season?

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]Walton Goggins is way more talented than Olyphant could ever hope to be. He more than proved that with his work in The Shield.sammyjenkis898

Agreed on all counts.

If Olyphant "carries the show" then that explains why I could never get into it despite giving it numerous chances.Rhazakna

Ever get past the first season?

I gave up about halfway into the first season. I really tried to stay with it, I wanted to like it. I really wasn't a fan of their case-of-the-week format. It made it feel like just another episodic cop show. I'm willing to give it another chance, but I really don't want to sit through dozens of cases lasting a single episode. That kind of procedural cop drama just doesn't do it for me.