Paul Walker dies in car accident

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by sammyjenkis898 (27836 posts) -

Paul Walker, best known from the “Fast and the Furious” series of movies, died Saturday following a single car accident, this according to TMZ.

He was 40.

According to TMZ, Walker was either the passenger or driver in the accident. There was another person in the car, who was also killed, but it is unclear who was driving.

Walker appeared in all but one of the successful “Fast and the Furious” movies. His other credits include “Varsity Blues,” “Flags of Our Fathers” and “Takers.”

Story developing …

Source

TMZ is a crappy source, but it seems to be legit.

RIP

Cue the lame jokes and puns.

#2 Posted by dave123321 (32591 posts) -

Would have waited for more confirmation

#3 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (27836 posts) -
#4 Edited by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

You were 3 seconds slower :P But ill keep yours opened LOL.

I'll just copy my post across.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/paul-walker-dies-crash-report-article-1.1533786

Fast and Furious movie star Paul Walker has reportedly died in a car accident Saturday afternoon in Southern California, reports TMZ.

The accident occurred in Santa Clarita - outside of Los Angeles - when Walker's Porsche apparemtly lost control and crashed into a tree, TMZ reported. The car burst into flames and exploded, TMZ reported.

Its actually quite upsetting, I Thought he was greatly improving as an actor and im quite fond of the Fast and Furious series, not to mention other great films such as 8 below. Its a sad loss for the film industry and for his family and fans.

#5 Edited by dave123321 (32591 posts) -

Best wishes to his family and friends. may he rest in peace

#6 Edited by fueled-system (6167 posts) -

Looks like it is true wow.. Such a shame

#7 Edited by thegerg (12935 posts) -

I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.

#8 Posted by Master_Live (12260 posts) -

And that is that.

#9 Posted by airshocker (27267 posts) -

Is this confirmed? Only TMZ has it, no other legitimate news source does.

#10 Posted by fueled-system (6167 posts) -

ABC news and friends of his reps

#11 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/paul-walker-dead-at-40-fast-and-the-furious-actor-dies-in-car-accident-report-20133011

The Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station confirms in a statement to

Us Weekly

that there were two fatalities in a traffic collision at approximately 3:30 p.m. Saturday. When deputies arrived, the vehicle was engulfed in flames. The Los Angeles Country Fire Department estinguished the flames, and two victims were prononced dead at the scene. The Coroner's Office is currently determining the identities of the victims, and the collision is still under investigation.

#12 Posted by airshocker (27267 posts) -

Damn that fucking sucks. Too young.

#13 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14085 posts) -

It looks like Hollywood trade publication Variety is reporting it as well. They're not known to publish tabloid stories, so I'd rather take their word over TMZ. Sad to hear, regardless.

#14 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (27836 posts) -

It is with a truly heavy heart that we must confirm that Paul Walker passed away today in a tragic car accident while attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide. He was a passenger in a friend's car, in which both lost their lives. We appreciate your patience as we too are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news. Thank you for keeping his family and friends in your prayers during this very difficult time. We will do our best to keep you apprised on where to send condolences. -#TeamPW

https://www.facebook.com/PaulWalker

#15 Posted by Flubbbs (2439 posts) -

RIP.. just watched his newest movie 'Hours' a few days ago..

#16 Posted by megagene (22884 posts) -

That's too bad. 40 is way too young.

#17 Edited by konvikt_17 (21973 posts) -

Damn. that sucks. RIP

wonder whats gonna happen with the Fast and Furious franchise now. wonder if they finished the newest one yet. i like the fast and furious movies.

sucks.

#18 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

Live by the sword die by the sword >.>

#19 Edited by thegerg (12935 posts) -

The sword has nothing to do with it. This man lived his life a quarter mile at a time.

#20 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@Fightingfan said:

The sword has nothing to do with it. This man lived his life a quarter mile at a time.

You're going to hell for that one.

#21 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (27836 posts) -

God damn.

#22 Edited by roulettethedog (10848 posts) -

R.I.P. Some of us we not born to die old.

#23 Edited by thegerg (12935 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@Fightingfan said:

You're going to hell for that one.

OT, the place where holocaust jokes and provocatively dressed children are funny but jokes about a crappy actor are over the line.

#24 Posted by JML897 (33064 posts) -

I was going to post something but thegerg's edginess is just too much for me so I'll leave this thread

#25 Posted by HuggyBear1020 (445 posts) -

I know it's real, but based on what he's known for the story sounds almost too hoax-y to be true. It would be like a report titled "Chuck Norris dies in fist fight" or "Seth Rogen dies from marijuana overdose".

#26 Edited by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -

doesnt matter if he wasnt a good actor or not, bottom line is he was one of the COOLEST actors in hollywood.

also his dumbass friend lost control in his new porshe GT. What a fucking idiot.

#27 Posted by resevl4rlz (3156 posts) -

what was the influenced of going 330 mph? drugs? alcohol?

#28 Posted by wiifan001 (18164 posts) -

died in a car crash?

Cruel, Cruel Irony.

#29 Edited by Makhaidos (1410 posts) -
#30 Edited by resevl4rlz (3156 posts) -
#31 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6581 posts) -

The good die young.

RIP to the both of them that died.

Fucking ironic though.

#32 Posted by Xaviersx (212 posts) -

A sad day for family, friends and fans. Condolences. R.I.P.

#33 Posted by BranKetra (46496 posts) -

Go with God.

#34 Posted by nintendoboy16 (25038 posts) -

Way too freaking young to go.

Now I feel bad for badmouthing this franchise a few days ago.

:(

#35 Posted by Stranger_36 (438 posts) -

RIP.

#36 Posted by playmynutz (5560 posts) -

Rest in peace Paul Walker, prey for his loved ones.

#37 Posted by DJChuy (1813 posts) -

My co-worker and I were thinking of getting the F&F DVDs yesterday since they were $2 at Wal-Mart. Weird how life is when one of the people you were talking about passes away.

Sad news to hear. RIP.

#38 Edited by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -

@DJChuy said:

My co-worker and I were thinking of getting the F&F DVDs yesterday since they were $2 at Wal-Mart. Weird how life is when one of the people you were talking about passes away.

Sad news to hear. RIP.

I was also talking to my bro yesterday and referencing him in road trip, that is fucked up

#39 Posted by DeadManRollin (4131 posts) -

I was hoping to see a homepage news article on his sad demise. Although there hasn't been any decent Fast and Furious games, the impact of Paul Walker and his movies has been immense on racing games like NFS Underground 1 and 2, Midnight Club, to name a few.

RIP Paul walker.

#40 Posted by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -

I made a tribute video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8AbbBNdibs&feature=youtu.be

#41 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1141 posts) -

RIP man. I really enjoyed the fast and furious movies.

#42 Posted by DarthGumballs (180 posts) -

Hopefully teenagers will think twice before trying to drive like they do in the movies now. The picture of the car is crazy. It sucks he died, but reckless driving is no joke, you get what's coming to you.

#43 Edited by lamprey263 (21005 posts) -
#44 Edited by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -

Hopefully teenagers will think twice before trying to drive like they do in the movies now. The picture of the car is crazy. It sucks he died, but reckless driving is no joke, you get what's coming to you.

my mom bought me a mustang GT when I was 19 (3 years ago) and there have been a couple times where I drove really crazy and nearly crashed. Its not worth it. When you're the passenger in a car you dont feel like telling the driver to slow down, you just hope he wont fuck up because you dont want to seem lame showing you dont trust them. driving fast is stupid and overated, im done with driving

#45 Edited by ChiefFreeman (5484 posts) -

He shoulda drove the Supra.

#46 Edited by Gaming-Planet (13442 posts) -

I never expected this man to die so early. I was shocked when a friend told me and couldn't believe it. Truly sad, my condolence. Loved this man. Gonna be hard seeing him in the next Fast and Furious.

#47 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (2531 posts) -

Really unexpected and sad. RIP.

#48 Posted by WAJ (720 posts) -

sad news indeed.

#49 Edited by BranKetra (46496 posts) -

@DJChuy said:

Sad news to hear. RIP.

We were talking about the Fast and the Furious 6 coming to retail December the 11th yesterday. I bought Fast Five after that.

I feel like I lost a friend. I know that might seem strange to read, but it is the truth. I watched all of the Fast and the Furious movies and Paul Walker's charisma could be sensed in the films he starred in.

#50 Posted by johnd13 (7357 posts) -

This is sad news. RIP Paul Walker.