Part time job advice?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

Anyone know a good part time job for a full time college student?  I'm 24 and just started going back to college.  I worked since I was 18 ( 3 years before this were as a pharmacy tech).  Looking for something with minimal stress and about 9-12 / hr pay about 2 times a week.  Anyone have any recommendations ?  Maybe I should apply for a pharmacy again... Though it is quite stressful.

#2 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

If you are already certified as a pharm tech then you should go around and see if anyone is hiring for weekend positions as a farm tech (or late shift at walgreens)

#3 Posted by thegerg (14599 posts) -
Can you cook?
#4 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

Can you cook?thegerg

I know the basics.  I cook breakfast for myself every day and sometimes dinners.  Can barbecue, bake and sautee stuff.

#5 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

Also, You might be eligible for an on campus job, and those tend to be cushy and pay decently.

#6 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

Also, You might be eligable for an on campus job, and those tend to be cushy and pay decently.

Guybrush_3
Will definitely check this option out. I think they are hiring for security positions. My pharm tech license expired last December and I don't really wanna get it renewed =/. Didn't really like the pharmacy work.
#7 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

will be watching this thread carefully as im in a similar position

i hope the cushy campus jobs thing is tru

coolbeans90

Often you can only get them if you are poor (or if your parents are poor if they claim you as a dependent) With the exception of lab assistant but those aren't usually cushy (although they can  be really interesting)

#8 Posted by BenedictArnold7 (701 posts) -
I would say don't get a job. Jobs suck... Why get one?
#9 Posted by thegerg (14599 posts) -
I would say don't get a job. Jobs suck... Why get one? BenedictArnold7
Jobs pay money. Adults generally have bills to pay, they need money to do that.
#10 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Do you have photoshop or computer skills? Maybe you know web design or coding (html, css, php, etc.)? You might be able score a local graphic design or web design position if you have any of those abilities.

#11 Posted by BenedictArnold7 (701 posts) -
[QUOTE="BenedictArnold7"]I would say don't get a job. Jobs suck... Why get one? thegerg

I know that I am one of them. That is exactly why I am telling him to avoid jobs at all cost.
#12 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

umm i have a buddy who works for cleaning company. he go in at night once place is close when he wants...

#13 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

I worked at McDonald's last semester. It's pretty mind numbing but sometimes you want that after working your brain all day. You get a free meal every shift so that kinda makes up for it being minimum wage.

#14 Posted by driftingsilvia (4089 posts) -

I don't see any part time places willing to pay you $9-$12 an hour.

#15 Posted by thegerg (14599 posts) -
[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="BenedictArnold7"]I would say don't get a job. Jobs suck... Why get one? BenedictArnold7

I know that I am one of them. That is exactly why I am telling him to avoid jobs at all cost.

You advise that he don't get a job because adults need to pay bills? That makes no damn sense.
#16 Posted by thegerg (14599 posts) -

I don't see any part time places willing to pay you $9-$12 an hour.

driftingsilvia
They're out there, look elsewhere.
#17 Posted by BenedictArnold7 (701 posts) -

[QUOTE="BenedictArnold7"][QUOTE="thegerg"] Jobs pay money. Adults generally have bills to pay, they need money to do that.thegerg

You advise that he don't get a job because adults need to pay bills? That makes no damn sense.

No. I meant that I know what it means to actually work full time/part time... so I would advise him to avoid it if he can.

#18 Posted by mikeyMKII (754 posts) -

Also, You might be eligible for an on campus job, and those tend to be cushy and pay decently.

Guybrush_3

This. I wish I'd gotten the job sooner though.

#19 Posted by thegerg (14599 posts) -

[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="BenedictArnold7"] I know that I am one of them. That is exactly why I am telling him to avoid jobs at all cost. BenedictArnold7

No. I meant that I know what it means to actually work full time/part time... so I would advise him to avoid it if he can.

So he shouldn't work because you know how it is to work? Where's the logic in that?
#20 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -
dude just remember for every job you can see there is 10 more in the back scenes
#21 Posted by Scissorman88 (173 posts) -

Idk where you're at, but keep your head up in looking for a job, jobs are really hard to come by still.