Paranormal Activity 2 official trailer! looks awesome! Saw 3D will get pwnd

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ColonelDrakePS3
ColonelDrakePS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ColonelDrakePS3
Member since 2010 • 217 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qt_002jXjs This movie looks great! When i first heard of a sequel i was very upset thinking they would ruin it by going all Blair Witch 2 and making it a big hollywood movie.. That is not the case at all! it is still sticking to its roots like the first movie! Im a huge fan of the first Paranormal and will go see this one opening night..

lol It comes out the same day Saw 3D comes out, seeing as how Paranormal Activity completly dominated Saw last year at the box office, i expect the same to happen this year.

Bored_Employee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Bored_Employee
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts
There's another Saw coming out? :O
Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dylan_11
Member since 2005 • 11296 Posts

Looks bad. Looks real bad.

ColonelDrakePS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ColonelDrakePS3
There's another Saw coming out? :OBored_Employee
Yep.. Saw 3D, comes out the 22nd, same day as Paranormal 2 comes out.. I dont know if its a brand new movie or just a remake of Saw in 3D
ColonelDrakePS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ColonelDrakePS3
[QUOTE="Dylan_11"]

Did you not like the first one? because if you are a fan of the first one how can you say this one looks bad? I think this one looks scary as hell.. Im a huge horror movie buff and Paranormal Activity is the scariest move ive ever seen in my whole life
Bored_Employee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bored_Employee
Im with you TC, the first one was awesome.
urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

Comes out on the 22nd? Sweet. I'll be watching that :P

I'll be angry if the dog dies though.

Nintendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Nintendevil
Member since 2007 • 6598 Posts

What? How? Why? The first one was terrible. Who decided it was sequel worthy?

nelson415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 nelson415
Member since 2007 • 1807 Posts

That's what i said lol

lobodob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lobodob
Member since 2004 • 2584 Posts
The first one was funny just for the reactions of the people in the audience :P Also... Oooooooooooo Demon Girl, how original. I hope its name is Alma.
Bored_Employee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bored_Employee
The first one was funny just for the reactions of the people in the audience :P Also... Oooooooooooo Demon Girl, how original. I hope its name is Alma.lobodob
It should be Alma Negra
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16884 Posts

Nintendevil
The first film was dirt cheap, and turned out a HUGE profit--almost $200 mil from a budget of only $15,000. (!)
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

Nintendevil

Budget -$15,000

Gross (worldwide) - $193,298,507

That's why.

Bored_Employee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bored_Employee
[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"][QUOTE="Nintendevil"]

The first film was dirt cheap, and turned out a HUGE profit--almost $200 mil from a budget of only $15,000. (!)

And critics loved it. It was a successful film, thats not up for argument
-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#15 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts
[QUOTE="ColonelDrakePS3"][QUOTE="Dylan_11"]

Did you not like the first one? because if you are a fan of the first one how can you say this one looks bad? I think this one looks scary as hell.. Im a huge horror movie buff and Paranormal Activity is the scariest move ive ever seen in my whole life

Scariest movie you've seen? It was one of the funniest movies I've seen. Blair Witch was better.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16884 Posts
Supposedly, this is the last one. After part 6 only made $27 mil during it's entire run (and the lowest grossing in the series), people are finally tired of seeing the same thing every Halloween, I guess.
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Will definitely have to see this movie. The first one is easily the scariest movie I have ever seen. Definitely made sooo much better in theaters though thanks to the sound.

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts
[QUOTE="Bored_Employee"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"][QUOTE="Nintendevil"]

And I hate critics and their stupid opinions.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

To be honest when i first saw Paranormal Actitivity with my friends, I didn't know it was fake with actors and all that and I thought these were real home videotape hauntings "Yeah i know i was dumb but ehh, didn't know" as soon as I got back from watching it I looked it up because I was like whoa that was crazy did it really happen, then i found out it was fake, that they were actors and all that. Yeah I have no intentions on watching the sequel its just not fun knowing this is all staged, WHICH I KNOW IS THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE GOT SCARED FROM THE FIRST ONE, we didn't know it was fake, so ehh, i'm passing on this

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
It looks quite bad. The first was okay, but a rewatch kills it.
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LostProphetFLCL

To be honest when i first saw Paranormal Actitivity with my friends, I didn't know it was fake with actors and all that and I thought these were real home videotape hauntings "Yeah i know i was dumb but ehh, didn't know" as soon as I got back from watching it I looked it up because I was like whoa that was crazy did it really happen, then i found out it was fake, that they were actors and all that. Yeah I have no intentions on watching the sequel its just not fun knowing this is all staged, WHICH I KNOW IS THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE GOT SCARED FROM THE FIRST ONE, we didn't know it was fake, so ehh, i'm passing on this

Chris_Williams

I knew it wasn't a true story yet I found the movie terrifying. Why? It is one of the best examples of building up great suspense. It is also easily the best example of how a minimalistic approach can work wonders.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
[QUOTE="Bored_Employee"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"][QUOTE="Nintendevil"]

Financially successful, but its metacritic aggregate of 68 is not what I would call critical adulation; not a flop, but not "loved by critics".
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

I can't believe they actually spent 15k on the first one, considering all they needed was someone to make sounds, 2 actors to basically just talk to each other and act scared, and some flour to pour on the floor. Such a bad movie.

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts

Has some potential, definitely.

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

The first one wasn't a bad movie, but I was expecting some seriously scary moments. I was really disappointed in that regard.

balls_out

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 balls_out
Member since 2010 • 92 Posts

[QUOTE="Bored_Employee"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"] The first film was dirt cheap, and turned out a HUGE profit--almost $200 mil from a budget of only $15,000. (!) Animatronic64

How can an opinion be stupid?

Everyone has different opinions, we learned that in 3rd grade.

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts

[QUOTE="Animatronic64"][QUOTE="Bored_Employee"] And critics loved it. It was a successful film, thats not up for argumentballs_out

How can an opinion be stupid?

Everyone has different opinions, we learned that in 3rd grade.

Yes, and it's my opinion that their opinion is stupid. You know, for someone that claims they learned that in 3rd grade, you sure ask some unexpected questions.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
You're surprised?
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#29 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
PA was a waste of time to me. The idea of Saw in 3D is even worse.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
Paranormal Activity seems to be the most polarizing movie ever made. Everyone who's seen it either thinks it's the scariest horror movie they've ever seen or the most ridiculous horror movie they've ever seen.
Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

I really cant fathom how ANYONE was scared by the first one. It was possibly the most boring ( not worst ) movie i have ever seen. I had the misfortune of seeing it in the theater and people were actually giggling. Nobody in the room was buying it so i know it wasnt just me.

yugiohfan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 yugiohfan99
Member since 2006 • 4298 Posts

I'm looking forward to it. The first wasn't exactly scary, but it had its jump moments, and it kept me on the edge of my seat.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LostProphetFLCL

Paranormal Activity seems to be the most polarizing movie ever made. Everyone who's seen it either thinks it's the scariest horror movie they've ever seen or the most ridiculous horror movie they've ever seen.Theokhoth

I blame it's minimalistic approach honestly.

Someone like me who has a more serious interest in film and has helped work on films might look at the minimal approach the way I do as very creative and interesting and be very impressed with just how much they accomplished with so little.

Another person though just might find the approach flat out boring.

The suspense is also a big thing. The movie drew me in right away and I really loved how the suspense just piled on throughout the movie. It wasn't like some 5 minute buildup to some character getting killed or something. Rather, the whole movie just builds and builds up to the end.

If one didn't feel that suspense and was looking more for instant gratification that a slow build-up they would find the movie extremely boring.

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#34 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts

This remind of the Blair witch project 2. These sequels only exist for the greed of the suits without imagination that reign in Hollywood

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

[QUOTE="ColonelDrakePS3"][QUOTE="Dylan_11"]

-Tish-

Scariest movie you've seen? It was one of the funniest movies I've seen. Blair Witch was better.

I thought it was more funny laughing at the people who never watch horror movies getting scared and im like" you serious?" A sequel will be predictable and i have a feeling it will suffer.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#36 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]Paranormal Activity seems to be the most polarizing movie ever made. Everyone who's seen it either thinks it's the scariest horror movie they've ever seen or the most ridiculous horror movie they've ever seen.LostProphetFLCL

I blame it's minimalistic approach honestly.

Someone like me who has a more serious interest in film and has helped work on films might look at the minimal approach the way I do as very creative and interesting and be very impressed with just how much they accomplished with so little.

Another person though just might find the approach flat out boring.

The suspense is also a big thing. The movie drew me in right away and I really loved how the suspense just piled on throughout the movie. It wasn't like some 5 minute buildup to some character getting killed or something. Rather, the whole movie just builds and builds up to the end.

If one didn't feel that suspense and was looking more for instant gratification that a slow build-up they would find the movie extremely boring.

Didn't you find that it was so contrived to have to have one of the characters constantly filming each other, even during the day while one's on the computer?
Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts
I liked Paranormal Activty, no interest in this...
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#38 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

Please use the search function TC, there's been like 6 topics recently about this. Anyways, I loved the first but honestly kind of anticipate the second sucking as did Blair Witch 2. For those who simply can't understand how anyone can find the first scary, here's a good explanation from a review I just looked up:

"In fact, this movie ended up not-sucking so much I exited the theater however-many-minutes later pretty pleased. And you know what the secret is? As it turns out, the secret to making an unsucky scary movie is having no budget whatsoever. This movie was so low-budget it didn't have enough money to suck. There wasn't enough money for gore. There wasn't enough money for showing us creatures or spooks or ghosts or anything. There just wasn't enough money for special effects in general. And special effects are, in my opinion, what drain the scary right out of almost every scary movie made these days. You start dumping in the elaborate mutilations and gore, the elaborate creatures, the elaborate show-me-everythings!, and what you end up with is a movie that leaves nothing whatsoever left to the imagination. There's absolutely nothing scarier than not having a clue as to what's coming your way. Just leaving it to your brain work out all the specs. It's what made Blair Witch scary. And it's what makes Paranormal Activity scary too."

-AlbertC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 -AlbertC
Member since 2004 • 15667 Posts

This was probably the worst movie I have ever seen of ALL TIME. Honestly how did anyone get scared while watching this movie at all? I literally wanted to just tell the audience that they were so dumb for thinking that this movie is in any way scary. When I first saw it, I was told that it actually happened. So I decided not to fall asleep on the boring wait to see ANYTHING happen. When the ending came and the girl was shown I knew it was fake and was extremely disappointed.

I then asked myself "why did I pay ten dollars to watch the dumb life of a young couple and how dumb they can be?" and then I realized and it was because people have poor taste in movies and actually hyped up this movie.

Seriously watching disney channel is scarier than that...

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

[QUOTE="Dylan_11"]

ColonelDrakePS3

There was not ONE scary part in Paranormal Activity... NOT ONE! But I still liked it.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18268 Posts

The first one was great i really like it, maybe it wasn't that scary, but it build the suspense like no other movie, so i'm going to watch the sequel no matter what, even if sequels usually are...well...pretty bad.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
First one was garbage. I expect the second one to be the same.