This topic is locked from further discussion.

PhantomSpartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PhantomSpartan
Member since 2005 • 958 Posts

I heard some guys on here talking about the workout and I want to try it out. But I've been doing research on it and everyone that showed their results were fat, then turned buff. I'm a little on the thin side (5'4"/ 125 lbs, about normal for my height) but I was wondering if it would be a good workout, and combined with more food would make me bigger, instead of thinner?

also, should I start with the classic or plus workout? because I'm in no means out of shape, I just want to get bigger

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
I've heard people talking about it, too. Can you sum it up for me?
wiifreak93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 wiifreak93
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts

I'll explain it to you, I did it.To answer your question, if you eat a good diet, lots of calories, to keep up with your calories being burned during the workout, you shouldnt lose weight, and you should start to gain muscle, which will in fact make you gain weight.

My friend told me i should do it since he was doing it for a month and he'd seen great results.

To sum up P90x, if your not very active, It's torture. Even for someone like me, who was active and worked out regularly it was still really hard. But you get to workout everything. Its tough but its pretty fun, the host, or instructor, tony horton, is pretty funny and has some funny one liners and hes good at keeping you motivated. But it does get you great results, which is most important. As long as you stick with it and do it as your supposed to, which is every night, youll see results.

JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts

I'll explain it to you, I did it.To answer your question, if you eat a good diet, lots of calories, to keep up with your calories being burned during the workout, you shouldnt lose weight, and you should start to gain muscle, which will in fact make you gain weight.

My friend told me i should do it since he was doing it for a month and he'd seen great results.

To sum up P90x, if your not very active, It's torture. Even for someone like me, who was active and worked out regularly it was still really hard. But you get to workout everything. Its tough but its pretty fun, the host, or instructor, tony horton, is pretty funny and has some funny one liners and hes good at keeping you motivated. But it does get you great results, which is most important. As long as you stick with it and do it as your supposed to, which is every night, youll see results.

wiifreak93
I have all the dvd's and I was thinking of using it, but I have P90-P90X, I'm active when I want to be
PhantomSpartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PhantomSpartan
Member since 2005 • 958 Posts

wiifreak93

ok thanks, I think I'll try it. Do you think the plus workout would be too intense for me then? I ran track in high school so I think I can handle the extra cardio, but it sounds so intense:D

KDIDDY78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 KDIDDY78
Member since 2003 • 570 Posts

first time i did it i threw up half way through the first video...have your bucket ready!:)

Avatar image for ItalStallion777
ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ItalStallion777
Member since 2005 • 1953 Posts

p90x is the "mother of all workouts"

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
I actually do it :), its actually pretty good. thers alot of different things. some of it was actually kind of cool I actually enjoyed the Yoga, the kempo X is a joke, but stuff like Polyometrix is holy crap hard. I go to the gym, played football since 7th grade, and OH MY GOD does that polyometrix stuff suck.. after a few weeks though you get really into it, you get more flexable, and the exercises are easier to do....although if you crank up the program to doubles or advanced, id consider shooting myself :P
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
also Tony Horton is funny as hell all be it a little wierd...when he's taking quick mini breaks its usually hilarious. The Kempo X sound effects are usually wierd though :P
Candy-Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Candy-Star
Member since 2004 • 4378 Posts
This is like I won't call it a fad because the program seems really effective but like its everywhere all my friends are doing it.
JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JIT93
Hmm, I'm gonna start it next week, I got the resistance bands, does it make a difference, or should I get the Weights + Bar?
dann14v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dann14v
Member since 2005 • 689 Posts
Hmm, I'm gonna start it next week, I got the resistance bands, does it make a difference, or should I get the Weights + Bar?JIT93
You can do fine with bands, but you need the bar for pull-ups in some of the workout routines.
JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JIT93
[QUOTE="JIT93"]Hmm, I'm gonna start it next week, I got the resistance bands, does it make a difference, or should I get the Weights + Bar?dann14v
You can do fine with bands, but you need the bar for pull-ups in some of the workout routines.

Damn. I'm gonna have to replace it, since I don't have a bar, or maybe I can just pull up from a closet door. Would it make that much of an impact, if I just replace that routine with something else?
JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JIT93
Woot, anyone already starting, I'm gonna start on monday :)
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

my sister has it I think its a waste just use the $100 for a gym membership

drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

I'm on phase three week 3 and love it. I'm not following the diet but am portioning my food better. So far I've gone from 197lbs to 178lbs, lost 4 inches on my waist and am pretty ripped. Didn't measure my body fat though at the beginning. I plan on doing it again and then getting P90X+. Great workout, especially when it's hard for you to get motivated to go to the gym and not knowing what to do in a workout. Very convenient and very good.

drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 drufeous

Woot, anyone already starting, I'm gonna start on monday :)JIT93

I'll be starting over for a second go through the following Monday. Kinda close I guess. The resistance bands a good and you def need a pull-up bar. You become really friendly with the pull-up bar. Could only do 5 at the start and can now do 28. Don't be afraid to start with a chair on pull-ups. I did and like I said, I'm doing 28 regular.

JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JIT93

[QUOTE="JIT93"]Woot, anyone already starting, I'm gonna start on monday :)drufeous

I'll be starting over for a second go through the following Monday. Kinda close I guess.

I'm just nervous, because It might hurt, alot :cry: But I can stick up with anything, with me and my resistance bands :)
drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 drufeous

[QUOTE="drufeous"]

[QUOTE="JIT93"]Woot, anyone already starting, I'm gonna start on monday :)JIT93

I'll be starting over for a second go through the following Monday. Kinda close I guess.

I'm just nervous, because It might hurt, alot :cry: But I can stick up with anything, with me and my resistance bands :)

Good quote from plyo is "You an do any exercise for 30 seconds". Good luck. If you have any questions or need motivation send me a pm. Also, if you can afford it, the bowflex dumbell set is great. I found them on craigslist for 50 bucks. Great find. New, I think they are 300. Also, I threw up after each workout the first week. Take abs slow and don't try to keep up with them. Do 12 to 15 reps in abs as a max the first week and add more as you progress, or you'll burn out fast.

JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JIT93

[QUOTE="JIT93"][QUOTE="drufeous"]

drufeous

Good quote from plyo is "You an do any exercise for 30 seconds". Good luck. If you have any questions or need motivation send me a pm. Also, if you can afford it, the bowflex dumbell set is great. I found them on craigslist for 50 bucks. Great find. New, I think they are 300. Also, I threw up after each workout the first week. Take abs slow and don't try to keep up with them. Do 12 to 15 reps in abs as a max the first week and add more as you progress, or you'll burn out fast.

Thanks, well 2 years ago, I was used to any abs excersize they throw at me, I would just endure it, its just my upper body I can't do (I can barely do pullups/not alot of pushups), its also okay for a 16 year old to do it right? Also, I have the whole set from 90-90X+
BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 BladeOfHeaven
Member since 2006 • 6027 Posts
Watch out for Ab Ripper X, that thing will own you...hard.
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

gimic.. waste of money. You can gather all this knoweldge online and create your own fitness routine that will be just as effective for free.

BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BladeOfHeaven

gimic.. waste of money. You can gather all this knoweldge online and create your own fitness routine that will be just as effective for free.

EMOEVOLUTION
Or you could you know, watch the videos on youtube.
JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JIT93
[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"]

BladeOfHeaven
Or you could you know, watch the videos on youtube.

Or find them online
JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JIT93
Watch out for Ab Ripper X, that thing will own you...hard.BladeOfHeaven
I think I can survive Ab routines, I trained hard with abs 2 years ago :P
BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BladeOfHeaven
[QUOTE="BladeOfHeaven"]Watch out for Ab Ripper X, that thing will own you...hard.JIT93
I think I can survive Ab routines, I trained hard with abs 2 years ago :P

Guess that was my problem. :lol: