OT's Age (average is 24.9 so far)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

during high school, the original Star Wars movie was released, my brother and I got this new sensation called Pong for Christmas, shows like Starsky and Hutch, Charlies Angels, and Happy Days were our favorite TV shows, and the show 20/20 devoted an entire hour to this strange new music in Britain by some angry bands called The Sex Pistols and The Damned :P

The Pittsburgh Steelers were a major powerhouse in American Football, Montreal Canadians with Guy lafleur in Hockey, and a guy named O.J. Simpson was loved by all.

There were no PC's, cell phones, compact discs, or DVD players yet. Indeed, there was no internet. Yet somehow it was better, we were outside all the time, had lots of fun. Oh, no HIV yet either. Microwaves and VCR's were a new phenomenon, as well as Cable TV. MTV and music videos were on the horizon.

WhiteKnight77

I remember MTV being all music videos all the time, and commercial free for at least the first year.

Shah of iran deposed, Sony Walkman released, Kiss boots

Old man club

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

Dave you're not very mature for your age

dave123321

kk, please stop being such an antagonistic asshoIe

If you continue to act like this towards me, I will respond - whether you like it or not....

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

dave123321

lol
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#204 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#205 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
I think most of you guys are gonna need walkers in the next year or two.
Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts
I am 16, not a lot of teenagers on this site. I don't know if it was because I was young and naive, but I remember when people were just nicer in general. People have more become greedy, untrustworthy, and hateful. I also remember using a gameboy all the time, and dial-up. Goodness that tone was annoying.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
fanks papa!
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#212 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
I turn 30 in August... so I remember the days of Atari, and not having cell phones or internet... it's hard to believe I actually used to go :shock: OUTSIDE! OH NOES! :shock:
Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts
19!..... I'm getting old :( I remember when I was 16 like yesterday.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#214 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"][QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

during high school, the original Star Wars movie was released, my brother and I got this new sensation called Pong for Christmas, shows like Starsky and Hutch, Charlies Angels, and Happy Days were our favorite TV shows, and the show 20/20 devoted an entire hour to this strange new music in Britain by some angry bands called The Sex Pistols and The Damned :P

The Pittsburgh Steelers were a major powerhouse in American Football, Montreal Canadians with Guy lafleur in Hockey, and a guy named O.J. Simpson was loved by all.

There were no PC's, cell phones, compact discs, or DVD players yet. Indeed, there was no internet. Yet somehow it was better, we were outside all the time, had lots of fun. Oh, no HIV yet either. Microwaves and VCR's were a new phenomenon, as well as Cable TV. MTV and music videos were on the horizon.

SUD123456

I remember MTV being all music videos all the time, and commercial free for at least the first year.

Old man club

I seem to remember Sony Walkman wasn't too mainstream in the U.S. until the mid-80's, but I could be wrong.

But haha, i almost joined the Kiss Army in the late 70's in high school. Alive and Destroyer were great albums. "Shout it, Shout it, Shout it out loud, you got to have a party!"

I was the first kid in the block to have Van Halens first album, man it was heavy music back then! Blared that music at max volume, "Running with the Devil", "Eruption", You Really Got Me", great stuff.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"] I remember MTV being all music videos all the time, and commercial free for at least the first year.AFBrat77

Old man club

I seem to remember Sony Walkman wasn't too big in the U.S. until the mid-80's, but I could be wrong.

But haha, i almost joined the Kiss Army in the late 70's in high school. Alive and Destroyer were great albums. "Shout it, Shout it, Shout it out loud, you got to have a party!"

I was the first kid in the block to have Van Halens first album, man it was heavy music back then! Blared that music at max volume, "Running with the Devil", "Eruption", You Really Got Me", great stuff.

I still have my Van Halen album. I think I wore the vinyl out as I had to buy a second one. There were certain albums that you had to have, 2112, Aqualung, Master of Reality, Zoso, Cat Scratch Fever and Foghat Live just to name a few.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]Too bad that MTV sucks now. Kids do not know what they are missing. I miss Martha Quinn. :cry:WhiteKnight77

I always thought she was quite the hottie, heard she was getting wild with some of the members of bands back then, a bit of a groupie gal. ;). A fun gal, wonder what she's doing these days.

Wasn't there an African-American VJ guy named JJ?

Lots of Duran Duran, Huey Lewis, and Michael Jackson vids back then.

Watching Breaking Bad Season 4, they had that character Gaile Boeddicker singing "4, 3, 2, 1, Earth below us getting, drifting, falling", now THATS a song that reminds me of early 80's MTV. Played that to death on there. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0sb1SZxCAs

Yeah, there was a VJ named JJ as well as Alan Hunter, Nina Blackwood and Mark Goodman. I had my favorite time spots to watch as they played less of the Duran Duran and more of the Judas Priest and other rock I was into back then, including Dire Straits.

I remember that entire cast of characters, great memories of people I was with at that time, as I was in my early 20's in the early 80's.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"][QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

I always thought she was quite the hottie, heard she was getting wild with some of the members of bands back then, a bit of a groupie gal. ;). A fun gal, wonder what she's doing these days.

Wasn't there an African-American VJ guy named JJ?

Lots of Duran Duran, Huey Lewis, and Michael Jackson vids back then.

Watching Breaking Bad Season 4, they had that character Gaile Boeddicker singing "4, 3, 2, 1, Earth below us getting, drifting, falling", now THATS a song that reminds me of early 80's MTV. Played that to death on there. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0sb1SZxCAs

AFBrat77

Yeah, there was a VJ named JJ as well as Alan Hunter, Nina Blackwood and Mark Goodman. I had my favorite time spots to watch as they played less of the Duran Duran and more of the Judas Priest and other rock I was into back then, including Dire Straits.

I remember that entire cast of characters, great memories of people I was with at that time, as I was in my early 20's in the early 80's.

As we are both the same age, we should share similar experiences. I don't know about you, but I lived That 70's Show. ;)
Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts
I turn 30 in August... so I remember the days of Atari, and not having cell phones or internet... it's hard to believe I actually used to go :shock: OUTSIDE! OH NOES! :shock:double_decker
I wish I lived through the 70's and 80's to experience them. I wouldn't mind hanging outside more often rather than being cooped up in my house.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 double_decker
I wish I lived through the 70's and 80's to experience them. I wouldn't mind hanging outside more often rather than being cooped up in my house.Toph_Girl250
Yeah, it's nice now, but I enjoyed my childhood and early adulthood years with sports, partying and the outdoors, I found gaming late, but I think a lot more people should have a life other than gaming too, I still try getting out occasionally but for the most part I like the lazy nights now :)
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"] Yeah, there was a VJ named JJ as well as Alan Hunter, Nina Blackwood and Mark Goodman. I had my favorite time spots to watch as they played less of the Duran Duran and more of the Judas Priest and other rock I was into back then, including Dire Straits.WhiteKnight77

As we are both the same age, we should share similar experiences. I don't know about you, but I lived That 70's Show. ;)

haha, definitely, felt right at home with "That 70's Show"

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

I'm 26

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="double_decker"]I turn 30 in August... so I remember the days of Atari, and not having cell phones or internet... it's hard to believe I actually used to go :shock: OUTSIDE! OH NOES! :shock:Toph_Girl250
I wish I lived through the 70's and 80's to experience them. I wouldn't mind hanging outside more often rather than being cooped up in my house.

I remember as kids in Summer (8-12 years old, early 70's) we were out all day playing Army, baseball, kickball, football, catching minnows and salamanders, sometimes all in one day.......we wouldn't come home all day except when mom called us for lunch and dinner. No need to be inside unless it was raining. No fear of child molesters or catching Lyme Disease in the fields and woodswe played Army in.

After school, Iwould have my TV lineup that included Speed Racer, Ultraman, the original Star Trek and some other now-classics.

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 double_decker

I remember as kids in Summer (8-12 years old, early 70's) we were out all day playing Army, baseball, kickball, football, catching minnows and salamanders, sometimes all in one day.......we wouldn't come home all day except when mom called us for lunch and dinner. No need to be inside unless it was raining. No fear of child molesters or catching Lyme Disease in the fields and woodswe played Army in.

After school, Iwould have my TV lineup that included Speed Racer, Ultraman, the original Star Trek and some other now-classics.

AFBrat77
You lived a good life too :cool: I miss that part of my life a lot :(
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"][QUOTE="double_decker"]I turn 30 in August... so I remember the days of Atari, and not having cell phones or internet... it's hard to believe I actually used to go :shock: OUTSIDE! OH NOES! :shock:AFBrat77

At least in Nebraska (Offutt AFB), we could use our sleds on the hill we lived on or the even bigger one behind the housing area (where I used to fly my kites). Moving to Langley AFB when Pops came back from Thailand meant no more use for our sleds as it was very flat and very little snow. Still, spending summers at the housing area pool, camping and everything else we used to do outside was great. Toph Girl, you can still go outside, just go to the park or something.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

kingkong0124

If you continue to act like this towards me, I will respond - whether you like it or not....

KK, I wrote you a message in that sniper thread
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 dave123321
Also kk, I first commented on your continued outbursts. Not so much the hatred by itself, but the fact that you have been angry lately. Was pointing it out. The comment I first quoted(saying you were hostile) wasn't so bad by itself but it was just another instance of a pattern I have noticed from you. I commented on it because of other posts you have made in other threads. The further posts from me about you itt were a response to your posts to me. So I didn't go after the other guy because I don't care about the idiot. And only "went after" you because we were engaged in a conversation. Please don't become the next theokhoth or droidphysx. Remain at a higher standard. Like with what happened between you and Delgado the other day. You were right to call him out, but then you just started using hateful terms that made you become what you are fighting against. It wasn't so much that you were fighting delgado, it was the way you were fighting him. it was the language and vitriol that you didn't realize was hateful to others aside from Manny. Antigay language, sexist ideas. Others noticed this and brought it up to you. I seem to recall you not getting why people were upset with you or you just not caring. You also use some pretty hateful language when getting into it with droidphysx. Please realize that the stuff you say is like the stuff you fought against. It's like what I told SM about his desire to track down and torture nazis in horrific ways(in which he was specific and graphic in his descriptions about what he would do), you must not let your anger consume you. SM was right to feel hatred towards nazis, but the issue was that he was allowing this hatred to fester inside of him and consume him. He was willing to go against his strongest principles. Don't let it turn you into a darker person. What will you gain when you vanquish your enemies while in the process you lose your humanity? Please think about this. Edited on Feb 21, 2013 1:34 am CT Edited 31 total times.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
20. I am in my prime!
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 AFBrat77

20. I am in my prime!Capitan_Kid

Prime is more like 25 but 20 is a good age. A few more years of maturity and then you will be prime.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#230 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#231 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

18, 19 in april.

genfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#232 genfactor
Member since 2004 • 1472 Posts
35. My mother was still pregnant with me when she saw episode 4 in theaters. I remember black and white TVs. I use to use encyclopedias because there were no internets when I was in grade school. I remember 28K modems and AOL sample discs. I remember when Michael Jackson's hair caught on fire. I remember when our country had no wars. I use to have the original gameboy, (people use to b!tch about Nindendo screwing things up back then too) I think Elvis and Charlie Chaplin died the year I was born. When I was born WWII had been over for only 30 years. I remember the Los Angeles Olympic games back in 1984 because I live in LA I remember the world watch the end of the Soviet Union I rember the first Gulf War I remember Pepsi Clear. I remember lazer tag. I remember in grade school they showed robotech on TV, in Jr High they had Sailor Moon on TV and in High School they had Pokemon and DBZ. I use to have thomas guides because there were no GPS systems back then People had pagers because back then Cell phones were so big that every time you used one it looked like you were calling in an air strike in Vietnam. I remember when rap music and Marilyn Manson used to be blame for crime instead of video games.
LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#233 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#234 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Also kk, I first commented on your continued outbursts. Not so much the hatred by itself, but the fact that you have been angry lately. Was pointing it out. The comment I first quoted(saying you were hostile) wasn't so bad by itself but it was just another instance of a pattern I have noticed from you. I commented on it because of other posts you have made in other threads. The further posts from me about you itt were a response to your posts to me. So I didn't go after the other guy because I don't care about the idiot. And only "went after" you because we were engaged in a conversation. Please don't become the next theokhoth or droidphysx. Remain at a higher standard. Like with what happened between you and Delgado the other day. You were right to call him out, but then you just started using hateful terms that made you become what you are fighting against. It wasn't so much that you were fighting delgado, it was the way you were fighting him. it was the language and vitriol that you didn't realize was hateful to others aside from Manny. Antigay language, sexist ideas. Others noticed this and brought it up to you. I seem to recall you not getting why people were upset with you or you just not caring. You also use some pretty hateful language when getting into it with droidphysx. Please realize that the stuff you say is like the stuff you fought against. It's like what I told SM about his desire to track down and torture nazis in horrific ways(in which he was specific and graphic in his descriptions about what he would do), you must not let your anger consume you. SM was right to feel hatred towards nazis, but the issue was that he was allowing this hatred to fester inside of him and consume him. He was willing to go against his strongest principles. Don't let it turn you into a darker person. What will you gain when you vanquish your enemies while in the process you lose your humanity? Please think about this. Edited on Feb 21, 2013 1:34 am CT Edited 31 total times.dave123321

calm down dave

xGamePlayerx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#236 xGamePlayerx19
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

I am 16, not a lot of teenagers on this site.Granny_Spanked
Yea Ive noticed this as well, I think you, me and one other person that Ive seen post their age are under 18, kind of surprising to be honest.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 dave123321

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Also kk, I first commented on your continued outbursts. Not so much the hatred by itself, but the fact that you have been angry lately. Was pointing it out. The comment I first quoted(saying you were hostile) wasn't so bad by itself but it was just another instance of a pattern I have noticed from you. I commented on it because of other posts you have made in other threads. The further posts from me about you itt were a response to your posts to me. So I didn't go after the other guy because I don't care about the idiot. And only "went after" you because we were engaged in a conversation. Please don't become the next theokhoth or droidphysx. Remain at a higher standard. Like with what happened between you and Delgado the other day. You were right to call him out, but then you just started using hateful terms that made you become what you are fighting against. It wasn't so much that you were fighting delgado, it was the way you were fighting him. it was the language and vitriol that you didn't realize was hateful to others aside from Manny. Antigay language, sexist ideas. Others noticed this and brought it up to you. I seem to recall you not getting why people were upset with you or you just not caring. You also use some pretty hateful language when getting into it with droidphysx. Please realize that the stuff you say is like the stuff you fought against. It's like what I told SM about his desire to track down and torture nazis in horrific ways(in which he was specific and graphic in his descriptions about what he would do), you must not let your anger consume you. SM was right to feel hatred towards nazis, but the issue was that he was allowing this hatred to fester inside of him and consume him. He was willing to go against his strongest principles. Don't let it turn you into a darker person. What will you gain when you vanquish your enemies while in the process you lose your humanity? Please think about this. Edited on Feb 21, 2013 1:34 am CT Edited 31 total times.indzman

calm down dave

I have had it with kk. Don't know when he changed, but it worries me.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Also kk, I first commented on your continued outbursts. Not so much the hatred by itself, but the fact that you have been angry lately. Was pointing it out. The comment I first quoted(saying you were hostile) wasn't so bad by itself but it was just another instance of a pattern I have noticed from you. I commented on it because of other posts you have made in other threads. The further posts from me about you itt were a response to your posts to me. So I didn't go after the other guy because I don't care about the idiot. And only "went after" you because we were engaged in a conversation. Please don't become the next theokhoth or droidphysx. Remain at a higher standard. Like with what happened between you and Delgado the other day. You were right to call him out, but then you just started using hateful terms that made you become what you are fighting against. It wasn't so much that you were fighting delgado, it was the way you were fighting him. it was the language and vitriol that you didn't realize was hateful to others aside from Manny. Antigay language, sexist ideas. Others noticed this and brought it up to you. I seem to recall you not getting why people were upset with you or you just not caring. You also use some pretty hateful language when getting into it with droidphysx. Please realize that the stuff you say is like the stuff you fought against. It's like what I told SM about his desire to track down and torture nazis in horrific ways(in which he was specific and graphic in his descriptions about what he would do), you must not let your anger consume you. SM was right to feel hatred towards nazis, but the issue was that he was allowing this hatred to fester inside of him and consume him. He was willing to go against his strongest principles. Don't let it turn you into a darker person. What will you gain when you vanquish your enemies while in the process you lose your humanity? Please think about this. Edited on Feb 21, 2013 1:34 am CT Edited 31 total times.dave123321

calm down dave

I have had it with kk. Don't know when he changed, but it worries me.

May just be my inexperience with the board, but it seems like kong has always been a bit of an uptight ass.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

19. Guess I'm one of the young ones. 

Mcspanky37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Mcspanky37
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#241 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

24.....AND A HALF.

But maturity-wise going on 12.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 AFBrat77

wonder if TC is still calculating average age......or perhaps he gave up after all our side posts.

chad_daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 chad_daddy
Member since 2008 • 500 Posts
21 baby
chad_daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 chad_daddy

24.....AND A HALF.

But maturity-wise going on 12.

lild1425

The ladies can't be too pleased about that, haha don't worry I have enough tourque to fill the void.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#245 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38676 Posts
[QUOTE="double_decker"]I turn 30 in August... so I remember the days of Atari, and not having cell phones or internet... it's hard to believe I actually used to go :shock: OUTSIDE! OH NOES! :shock:Toph_Girl250

does your house not have a door?
chad_daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 chad_daddy
[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"][QUOTE="double_decker"]I turn 30 in August... so I remember the days of Atari, and not having cell phones or internet... it's hard to believe I actually used to go :shock: OUTSIDE! OH NOES! :shock:comp_atkins

nah dawg the kids these days are messed, iphones, booty shorts, macbook pro. I ain't complaining both the playing outside days are dying fast
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
31 here
Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts
I'm 22.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
[QUOTE="comp_atkins"][QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]I wish I lived through the 70's and 80's to experience them. I wouldn't mind hanging outside more often rather than being cooped up in my house.chad_daddy

nah dawg the kids these days are messed, iphones, booty shorts, macbook pro. I ain't complaining both the playing outside days are dying fast

the rest is trash but what's wrong with booty shorts?
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

dave123321

This is such a stupid post. I haven't changed at all. People saying things like that deserve criticism. Too bad if they can't handle it. Also, what is "antigay language" supposed to mean? You use "antigay" language as well..does "TC is a f*****" ring a bell?....My anger is not consuming me don't worry.

May just be my inexperience with the board, but it seems like kong has always been a bit of an uptight ass.

WiiCubeM1

ok