OT's Age (average is 24.9 so far)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3863 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="SteverXIII"]17... 18 on SundaySteverXIII

nice : > doing anything?

Nah, thought I might just buy some smokes and alcohol and put on a few films. I don't want a party or anything

thats pretty empty...and sad.

#152 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -

Nah, thought I might just buy some smokes and alcohol and put on a few films. I don't want a party or anything

that's what i would do, too.
#153 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -

[QUOTE="SteverXIII"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"] nice : > doing anything?GrayF0X786

To you maybe. It sounds more than ideal to me, I don't enjoy the company of other people.
#154 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3863 posts) -

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="SteverXIII"]

SteverXIII

To you maybe. It sounds more than ideal to me, I don't enjoy the company of other people.

why not go out with your family or something?

#155 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -

[QUOTE="SteverXIII"][QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] thats pretty empty...and sad.

GrayF0X786

why not go out with your family or something?

There is nothing I can do with family around here, and I wouldn't be interested even if there was. I wouldn't enjoy it.
#156 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3863 posts) -

up to you.

#157 Posted by Meinhard1 (6775 posts) -

23 years old. i.e. Two years away from being halfway through my 20s.

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="SteverXIII"]

SteverXIII

Just to clarify: You don't enjoy the company of others at all?

I can understand where you're coming from, as I often prefer to be alone but I still have relationships and enjoy company now and then.

#158 Posted by 2saugat (1439 posts) -

#159 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -

Just to clarify: You don't enjoy the company of others at all?

I can understand where you're coming from, as I often prefer to be alone but I still have relationships and enjoy company now and then.

Meinhard1

Not really. Company is only good for me if I really need it (need advice or something) or desire it (which is rare).

Its likely I'm a schizoid.

#160 Posted by t3hrubikscube (20416 posts) -
21 I feel old
#161 Posted by rocinante_ (1666 posts) -

19, will be 20 in a couple of weeks

#162 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -

Nice. That's the best birthday. First time legally buying (strong) alcohol then? Or any at all? Not sure how the laws are there.
#163 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -

[QUOTE="SteverXIII"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"] nice : > doing anything?GrayF0X786

It sounds p. good to me. He said smokes, alcohol and films. That's good * 3 = super good times. Better than forced happiness with family members and definitely better than the bar tab and douchy security guards.
#164 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
[QUOTE="t3hrubikscube"]21 I feel old

lol brie u are a young goddess I, on the other hand, am turning 25 this year. That's like, almost 30. No more early 20s for me. :{
#165 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47695 posts) -
I am 44 divided by two.
#166 Posted by BPoole96 (22803 posts) -

#167 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

during high school, the original Star Wars movie was released, my brother and I got this new sensation called Pong for Christmas, shows like Starsky and Hutch, Charlies Angels, and Happy Days were our favorite TV shows, and the show 20/20 devoted an entire hour to this strange new music in Britain by some angry bands called The Sex Pistols and The Damned :P

The Pittsburgh Steelers were a major powerhouse in American Football, Montreal Canadians with Guy lafleur in Hockey, and a guy named O.J. Simpson was loved by all.

There were no PC's, cell phones, compact discs, or DVD players yet. Indeed, there was no internet. Yet somehow it was better, we were outside all the time, had lots of fun. Oh, no HIV yet either. Microwaves and VCR's were a new phenomenon, as well as Cable TV. MTV and music videos were on the horizon.

AFBrat77
I remember MTV being all music videos all the time, and commercial free for at least the first year.
#168 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
I remember having to stop using the internet so my mother could take a phone call, lol. 56k bro.
#169 Posted by Wings_008 (3809 posts) -
quarter of a century old :D
#170 Posted by Blade8Aus (1819 posts) -

#171 Posted by Darkman2007 (17929 posts) -
I remember having to stop using the internet so my mother could take a phone call, lol. 56k bro.MrPraline
I remember using Windows 3.1 , or trying to figure out DOS (when my English consisted of "yes" "no" and "what" though I do remember the Doom shareware being online , must have been around 1994 when I saw it.
#172 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"]I remember having to stop using the internet so my mother could take a phone call, lol. 56k bro.Darkman2007
I remember using Windows 3.1 , or trying to figure out DOS (when my English consisted of "yes" "no" and "what" though I do remember the Doom shareware being online , must have been around 1994 when I saw it.

hah 3.1 was good times. Had a lot of DOS games back then too.
#173 Posted by t3hrubikscube (20416 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="t3hrubikscube"]21 I feel old

lol brie u are a young goddess I, on the other hand, am turning 25 this year. That's like, almost 30. No more early 20s for me. :{

Awww, you are still young and you still have several months before you have to turn 25!! :}
#174 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
[QUOTE="t3hrubikscube"][QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="t3hrubikscube"]21 I feel old

Awww, you are still young and you still have several months before you have to turn 25!! :}

haha :} yeah not there yet early 20s for now : >
#175 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -

Nice. That's the best birthday. First time legally buying (strong) alcohol then?MrPraline

Yeah. You can drink under 18 if its in your own house and an adult buys it so the only alcohol I've had previously is on the odd occasion my dad buys a six pack.

#176 Posted by lowkey254 (5904 posts) -

29 until April.

#177 Posted by Darkman2007 (17929 posts) -
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="MrPraline"]I remember having to stop using the internet so my mother could take a phone call, lol. 56k bro.MrPraline

hah 3.1 was good times. Had a lot of DOS games back then too.

I had alot of DOS games too , though it was much more fun to play those games as opposed to try and getting them to work.
#178 Posted by wellbigd (240 posts) -
[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]20. 21 in April. Finally I can legally drink!

Same.
#179 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -

I'm 22.

I often forget because I've never cared about my age or had any interest in things that being older would allow me to do, luckily having been born in 90 I can quickly remember when asked.

#180 Posted by Lord_Daemon (24277 posts) -

I'm currently 48 years old until Hallowe'en hits.

#182 Posted by Mr_Cumberdale (10188 posts) -
I am 21. I notice a lot of people in the early ~ mid 20s here.
#183 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

#184 Posted by Yusuke420 (2793 posts) -

Just turned 26

#185 Posted by Suzy_Q_Kazoo (9901 posts) -

20. I turn 21 in August.

#186 Posted by Gen007 (10955 posts) -

#187 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -

Dave you're not very mature for your age

#188 Posted by BenedictArnold7 (701 posts) -
#189 Posted by DharmaMember77 (2377 posts) -

#190 Posted by dave123321 (34152 posts) -

Dave you're not very mature for your age

kingkong0124
kk, please stop being such an antagonistic asshoIe
#191 Posted by MgamerBD (17550 posts) -
#192 Posted by AFBrat77 (24139 posts) -

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

during high school, the original Star Wars movie was released, my brother and I got this new sensation called Pong for Christmas, shows like Starsky and Hutch, Charlies Angels, and Happy Days were our favorite TV shows, and the show 20/20 devoted an entire hour to this strange new music in Britain by some angry bands called The Sex Pistols and The Damned :P

The Pittsburgh Steelers were a major powerhouse in American Football, Montreal Canadians with Guy lafleur in Hockey, and a guy named O.J. Simpson was loved by all.

There were no PC's, cell phones, compact discs, or DVD players yet. Indeed, there was no internet. Yet somehow it was better, we were outside all the time, had lots of fun. Oh, no HIV yet either. Microwaves and VCR's were a new phenomenon, as well as Cable TV. MTV and music videos were on the horizon.

WhiteKnight77

I remember MTV being all music videos all the time, and commercial free for at least the first year.

yes, that was good stuff.....everyone was tuned into MTV then

#193 Posted by AFBrat77 (24139 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="t3hrubikscube"]21 I feel oldt3hrubikscube

Haha, you guys are funny....

you will find that 30 is simply an extension of your 20's, you will still be young.

Between 38 and 42 you experience a slowdown of sorts, I encourage all you youngsters to get the most out of anything physically demanding before that age.

Most of your 30's is still young, make sure you enjoy everything you can before the slowdown. After that, it begins to get tougher but hardly impossible.

In this day and age you aren't old until you reach about 70, and there are a good many people ages 70-100 these days.

That being said if I was to remain a certain age forever, it would be 25, a beautiful age.

#194 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
#195 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]I remember MTV being all music videos all the time, and commercial free for at least the first year.AFBrat77

Too bad that MTV sucks now. Kids do not know what they are missing. I miss Martha Quinn. :cry:
#196 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
21, 22 at the end of March.
#197 Posted by Guppy507 (17396 posts) -
I'm 22. Oh god I'm 22.
#198 Posted by AFBrat77 (24139 posts) -

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]I remember MTV being all music videos all the time, and commercial free for at least the first year.WhiteKnight77

Too bad that MTV sucks now. Kids do not know what they are missing. I miss Martha Quinn. :cry:

I always thought she was quite the hottie, heard she was getting wild with some of the members of bands back then, a bit of a groupie gal. ;). A fun gal, wonder what she's doing these days.

Wasn't there an African-American VJ guy named JJ?

Lots of Duran Duran, Huey Lewis, and Michael Jackson vids back then.

Watching Breaking Bad Season 4, they had that character Gaile Boeddicker singing "4, 3, 2, 1, Earth below us getting, drifting, falling", now THATS a song that reminds me of early 80's MTV. Played that to death on there. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0sb1SZxCAs

#199 Posted by MAZ85 (1094 posts) -
#200 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"][QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

AFBrat77

I always thought she was quite the hottie, heard she was getting wild with some of the members of bands back then, a bit of a groupie gal. ;). A fun gal, wonder what she's doing these days.

Wasn't there an African-American VJ guy named JJ?

Lots of Duran Duran, Huey Lewis, and Michael Jackson vids back then.

Watching Breaking Bad Season 4, they had that character Gaile Boeddicker singing "4, 3, 2, 1, Earth below us getting, drifting, falling", now THATS a song that reminds me of early 80's MTV. Played that to death on there. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0sb1SZxCAs

Yeah, there was a VJ named JJ as well as Alan Hunter, Nina Blackwood and Mark Goodman. I had my favorite time spots to watch as they played less of the Duran Duran and more of the Judas Priest and other rock I was into back then, including Dire Straits.