Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#751 omotih
Member since 2015 • 1556 Posts

@and1salttape said:
@zeroyaoi said:

One Piece has way too many episodes. It's almost impossible to start now.

@and1salttape: Looks like something I might enjoy. Thanks for posting it.

It has finished airing now and it's easily one of the best anime I've ever watched. The ratings are pretty high too. Be sure to watch it; you don't see anime that actually teach you something about Japanese culture often.

Right now watching Casshern Sins. Loving the atmosphere so far.

I watched it when it aired here ... its incredible boring, I think I really hate Anime tv shows since Dragon ball, its the script of 4 comic book pages and the whole episode literally nothing happens we dont already know ... One Piece was only invented to sell trading cards and toys if you arnt aware ^^

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#752 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts
@zeroyaoi said:

Not impossible to start...didn't progress very far ..lol...always get drags out...like Naruto, Fairy Tail etc. You could skip majority of the useless fillers. :P

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#753 AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts
@omotih said:
@and1salttape said:
@zeroyaoi said:

@and1salttape: Looks like something I might enjoy. Thanks for posting it.

It has finished airing now and it's easily one of the best anime I've ever watched. The ratings are pretty high too. Be sure to watch it; you don't see anime that actually teach you something about Japanese culture often.

Right now watching Casshern Sins. Loving the atmosphere so far.

I watched it when it aired here ... its incredible boring, I think I really hate Anime tv shows since Dragon ball, its the script of 4 comic book pages and the whole episode literally nothing happens we dont already know ... One Piece was only invented to sell trading cards and toys if you arnt aware ^^

Which anime are you talking about?

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#754 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

@superbuuman: At 700+ episodes, that's a lot of filler. =0

I'm juggling a couple of shows right now, so it could be a while. =P

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#755 AND1SALTTAPE

This song + this anime + margo = Tears. Manly tears.

"I only wanted to paint my city in my own color."
- Margo

*CRIES INTERNALLY*

Loading Video...
freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#756  Edited By freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3673 Posts

new anime recommendation,
this is a new anime that just started airing and it was really good

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

"As the world is in the middle of an industrial revolution, a monster appears that cannot be defeated unless its heart, which is protected by a layer of iron, is pierced. By infecting humans with its bite, the monster can create aggressive and undead creatures known as Kabane. On the island Hinomoto, located in the far east, people have built stations to shelter themselves from these creatures. People access the station, as well as transport wares between them, with the help of a locomotive running on steam, called Hayajiro. Ikoma, a boy who lives in the Aragane station and helps to build Hayajiro, creates his own weapon called Tsuranukizutsu in order to defeat the creatures. One day, as he waits for an opportunity to use his weapon, he meets a girl named Mumei, who is excused from the mandatory Kabane inspection. During the night, Ikoma meets Mumei again as he sees Hayajiro going out of control. The staff on the locomotive has turned into the creatures. The station, now under attack by Kabane, is the opportunity Ikoma has been looking for."

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#757 superbuuman

@freedom01: Already watching :P thanks for "Erased" anime reccomnendation...enjoy it. :)

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#758 freedom01  Moderator

@superbuuman said:

@freedom01: Already watching :P thanks for "Erased" anime recommendation...enjoy it. :)

no problems :D
if you get the chance, find the manga for "Erased", it is different from the anime, reason: the manga is still not finished, so the anime had to make an original ending for it

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#759 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Anime's really need to tone down their useless screaming. It get so annoying that I want to quit the show.( Talking about both My Hero Academia and Kabaneri of iron fortress.)

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#760 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Have any of you guys ever see the live action Thermae Romae movie? Its pretty good for a live action and can run independently imo.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#761 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

Anime's really need to tone down their useless screaming. It get so annoying that I want to quit the show.( Talking about both My Hero Academia and Kabaneri of iron fortress.)

Kabaneri is already awful when it comes to the main characters, they're unlikable as they come. The main guy is literally a wannabe Eren Jaeger that got lucky and that loli girl is somehow overpowered along with having a shit attitude while narrating her actions. The story isn't anything special either, nothing is really thrilling about it.

The only anime I'm enjoying for the most part this season is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable. As for the rest, the Ace Attorney anime is literally mediocre to bad at this point and the animation/art is a joke. Last but not least, Terra Formars Revenge (and the overall series) is horrible when it comes to the plot but is enjoyable nonetheless because of how dumb it is and of course, those "black" cockroaches and they are at least trying to follow the manga from the latest episode. I'm sure everyone would like for the author to come out and just say he's racist because it's obvious, however ironically that's one of the reasons why I like it: to point and laugh at it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#762 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58642 Posts

Kaio-Ken times a trillion billion.

Winston93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#763 Winston93
Member since 2016 • 49 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Amazing episode, wasn't it? The last few episodes have been quite good. I am curious to know how they are going to use that monaka guy. I think he'll be the next Mr. Satan.

Also, do you think Goku in this form is stronger or at least on par with Beerus?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#764  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

Akira Toriiyama commented that there was no current plans for that but the show has deviated a few times.

It seems like the people making the show have made taken in and addressed early criticism. The animations and cinematography jumped from the poorer early episodes to almost on a par with the feature movies.

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#765 Shadowchronicle

@CountBleck12 said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

Kabaneri is already awful when it comes to the main characters, they're unlikable as they come. The main guy is literally a wannabe Eren Jaeger that got lucky and that loli girl is somehow overpowered along with having a shit attitude while narrating her actions. The story isn't anything special either, nothing is really thrilling about it.

The only anime I'm enjoying for the most part this season is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable. As for the rest, the Ace Attorney anime is literally mediocre to bad at this point and the animation/art is a joke. Last but not least, Terra Formars Revenge (and the overall series) is horrible when it comes to the plot but is enjoyable nonetheless because of how dumb it is and of course, those "black" cockroaches and they are at least trying to follow the manga from the latest episode. I'm sure everyone would like for the author to come out and just say he's racist because it's obvious, however ironically that's one of the reasons why I like it: to point and laugh at it.

DIamond unbreakable has been pretty good so far.

manga spoilers:

I'm really dreading the universe reset animation because I like the jjba characters before universe reset

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766  Edited By superbuuman

@CountBleck12: Sounds like you should just stick with manga & not watch the anime at all...lol.. :P

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#767 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

@shadowchronicle Makes me glad I binged on watching JoJo some weeks back. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to watch this season.

@superbuuman I caught up with the manga completely yesterday, it was better than the anime by a long shot. :P Also no annoying censorship, I remember dropping the first season because of how terrible they were.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#768  Edited By superbuuman

@CountBleck12: hehe...you're like my friends then, they now follow mangas -> more complete, no longer even watch anime, got burned in the past by animes that just end suddenly or the ending that made no sense. :)

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#769 Shadowchronicle

Yeah I read manga only for a period of time because my internet at my old house was horrible.

1 GB an hour when its just me using it and if its others the 1 GB is split basically.

Sunni-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#771  Edited By Sunni-D
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

@uninspiredcup: I have a suggestion and don't know who to give it to. It's about a new game idea for the new 3DS XL.

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#772 Shadowchronicle

Have you guys seen Ajin: Demi Human? Its pretty damn good.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#773 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

@shadowchronicle: I can't say I've heard of it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#774 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55897 Posts

@crimsonbrute said:

Yeah, even me going to Anime community, I never heard or seen anyone talk about Ajin: Demi Human. This is the first time I heard of it. I have failed miserably as an Otaku to know this :(

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#775  Edited By Shadowchronicle

@davillain- said:
@crimsonbrute said:

Yeah, even me going to Anime community, I never heard or seen anyone talk about Ajin: Demi Human. This is the first time I heard of it. I have failed miserably as an Otaku to know this :(

Its on Netflix you guys should definitely watch.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#776 superbuuman

@shadowchronicle: Yes...very unlikable main character though...waiting for next season...there better be Season 2. :P

also currently watching: Bungou Stray Dogs, Joker Game, Terraformars (s2?), Bakuon!!, :P

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#777 AND1SALTTAPE

@superbuuman: Joker Game is awesome. Hope they don't ruin it.

Still stuck on my last 4 episodes of Casshern Sins though.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#778 superbuuman

@and1salttape: I gave up on Casshern Sins, I fell asleep during one of the episode..and that was enough for me that its boring. :P As for Joker Game..3 episodes in seems good...I don't read the manga stuff..so no comparison for me. :P

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#779 AND1SALTTAPE

@superbuuman: Well, Casshern Sins is slow as hell but still a worthy watch. The dialogues are deceptively deep. Episode 12 has been my favorite thus far. The soundtrack (especially Luna's theme) is great too. It's a bit of a drag but worth a drag.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#781 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

Has anyone seen the movie Harmony yet? It looks great and the story seems interesting.

gameplaya9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#782 gameplaya9
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

This has probably already been talked about but can someone recommend me what the best shows of this season are so far? Haifuri? Kiznaiver? I havent started any yet.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#783 superbuuman

@gameplaya9 said:

This has probably already been talked about but can someone recommend me what the best shows of this season are so far? Haifuri? Kiznaiver? I havent started any yet.

Between those 2 I picked Kiznaiver...only because I am not watching the other one. :P

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#784 AND1SALTTAPE
@crimsonbrute said:

Has anyone seen the movie Harmony yet? It looks great and the story seems interesting.

I've seen Harmonie but this looks interesting too. Gon download it

DanielDI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#785 DanielDI
Member since 2016 • 13 Posts

As someone who has family that fought in the Chinese Civil War and against the Japanese invasion of China, Joker Game is a motherfucking must-watch for me.

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#786 AND1SALTTAPE
@danieldi said:

As someone who has family that fought in the Chinese Civil War and against the Japanese invasion of China, Joker Game is a motherfucking must-watch for me.

Hell yeah. Joker Game is my AOTY. Frigging awesome. 5th episode was just mind-blowing.

Finally finished Casshern Sins. Loved it. 9/10
It had its flaws but the theme and atmosphere won me over.

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#787 Shadowchronicle

Humble Manga Bundle: Kodansha Comics

Decent Bundle
Decent Bundle

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#790  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

The future developments in Super sound interesting; an old fav is returning.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#791 freedom01  Moderator

For those that enjoyed Mirai Nikki, here is another anime recommendation from the same author

Big Order

They are called "Order User". Before these great people who has the power of "Order", one person excels most, with the ability to rule and conquer the world and turn people into puppets when it is on his Jurisdiction. That power belongs to Hoshimiya Eiji, who is also responsible with the destructive phenomena happened exactly 10 years ago." -baka-updates

Truth to be told, I didnt notice that this was from the same author until I saw the art in the manga. The protagonist's artwork reminded me of the protagonist in Mirai Nikki, and the crazy heroine reminded me of the crazy heroine in Mirai Nikki. LOL

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#792 DaVillain  Moderator

@freedom01 said:

For those that enjoyed Mirai Nikki, here is another anime recommendation from the same author

Big Order

They are called "Order User". Before these great people who has the power of "Order", one person excels most, with the ability to rule and conquer the world and turn people into puppets when it is on his Jurisdiction. That power belongs to Hoshimiya Eiji, who is also responsible with the destructive phenomena happened exactly 10 years ago." -baka-updates

Truth to be told, I didnt notice that this was from the same author until I saw the art in the manga. The protagonist's artwork reminded me of the protagonist in Mirai Nikki, and the crazy heroine reminded me of the crazy heroine in Mirai Nikki. LOL

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to look into this series. How many episodes/season Freedom?

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#793 freedom01  Moderator

@davillain-: its a series that started airing this season, so its still ongoing. As for how many episodes this is going to be, its scheduled for 10 episodes, currently only 5 episodes have aired, the manga is still ongoing, so there might be a second season for it depending on how popular the show becomes.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#794 DaVillain  Moderator

@freedom01: Sounds good to me. Gotta clear the rest on my, later watch Anime list first lol.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#795  Edited By freedom01  Moderator

This is the list for Summer 2016 anime

http://anichart.net/summer

in that list, it appears Berserk is getting a TV series, looking forward for that

Also the next season for Shokugeki no Souma is in it

Arslan Senki Season 2 is also airing, so for those that love Full Metal Alchemist, its the same artist/animator who's working on it

Lets also not forget abount Danganronpa, love the series, so really exited for that

BTW @davillain- you might will definitely like Masou Gakuen HxH

Tales of Zestiria willalso be getting an anime adaptation, so hoping its going to be like Abyss where we get from beginning till end

This one is a surprise D.Grayman is getting a new TV adaptation

And if you like powered suit police unit, then Active Raid S2 is stated to air

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#796 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Been watching this lately.

SapphireGod11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#797 SapphireGod11
Member since 2016 • 55 Posts

I'm sure these were probably brought up already but has anyone seen Durarara? or Hunter x Hunter(2011 version)?

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#798 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

@sapphiregod11 said:

I'm sure these were probably brought up already but has anyone seen Durarara? or Hunter x Hunter(2011 version)?

Seen both though haven't finished Durarara season 2 arc 3

Hunter X Hunter is fantastic every arc is great and it gets far darker the more it goes on.

Durarara is great as well though there are tons of characters to follow but I love the story though it isn't for everyone

SapphireGod11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#799 SapphireGod11
Member since 2016 • 55 Posts

@fueled-system said:
@sapphiregod11 said:

Seen both though haven't finished Durarara season 2 arc 3

Hunter X Hunter is fantastic every arc is great and it gets far darker the more it goes on.

Durarara is great as well though there are tons of characters to follow but I love the story though it isn't for everyone

Completely agree! that's a great way of putting it, couldn't have said it better myself :DD Hunter X Hunter has a brilliant way of making the audience feel the change in atmosphere after each arc ~

I remember the first time i watched durarara years ago it was confusing to me at first, but once i got that it was showing me multiple events through different characters eyes , i began to really enjoy it, but yea it can be hard to get into~

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#800 AND1SALTTAPE

@sapphiregod11: Watched Durarara long ago. Loved it. Haven't watched second season.

I recently finished HxH. I loved the Yorknew City arc but the later Chimera arc just didn't suit my palette. I liked the philosophical touch at the end with the King and Komugi but apart from that, that arc was a long drag.