OT do you prefer the new spiderman films?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

I haven't bothered with the new spiderman films I don't understand why they have restarted the series, I was quite happy with the first load of films and think Toby Maguire did a fine job as spiderman.

Does OT like Andrew Garfield as the new spiderman?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Hated Toby Maguire as spiderman and thought the reboots were great, Peter Parker is still an idiot but at least now he's not a whiny, "Why me?" idiot.

Really looking forward to the second one.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

I like both Toby and Andrew, but I think Andrew makes a better Spider-Man, I never thought I would say that but he did an amazing job during the reboot.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

There was only one reason the franchise was rebooted, that was to cash in on the spiderman name.

There was no re imagining or a different take on the story, just the same old what we have already seen in the raimi movies done better.

The movie only exists because Sony still own movie rights for spiderman and it's a quick way to make a profit, the movie isn't even bad enough to get angry about, it's just boring and dull and shouldn't exist.

It's basically a movie made by accountants.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

The last one I watched was 3. I will watch the newer ones some day. I am in no big rush.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

I liked Amazing better than the Tobey movies....and they rebooted to keep the series. If they didn't make a movie they would lose the rights to the franchise.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#7 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@korvus said:

Hated Toby Maguire as spiderman and thought the reboots were great, Peter Parker is still an idiot but at least now he's not a whiny, "Why me?" idiot.

Really looking forward to the second one.

i think Garfield does a better job at Spiderman than Tobey tbh. I also like the characters more. It didn't seem that all characters had the chemistry required in the old ones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@The_Last_Ride: Yep, a lot of the relationships in the previous trilogy felt so forced...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Last_Ride

@korvus said:

@The_Last_Ride: Yep, a lot of the relationships in the previous trilogy felt so forced...

i hope you mean the character relationships, not just Mary Jane and Peter

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

No, I don't prefer the new Spider-Man series.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@The_Last_Ride: Yeah, I meant the character interaction; it just didn't click between most characters.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ariabed

@The_Last_Ride: really? I damn near teared up at the end of spider man2 an when spiderman forgave the sandman, and I thought all the characters did a good job of conveying the strong emotions of Anger, jealousy, revenge, heartbreak,sorrow, regret, present in that film. That is all

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

I liked Amazing better than the Tobey movies....and they rebooted to keep the series. If they didn't make a movie they would lose the rights to the franchise.

I liked amazing better as well, and Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane? No way!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Last_Ride

@korvus said:

@The_Last_Ride: Yeah, I meant the character interaction; it just didn't click between most characters.

i agree, the only characters that worked together well were Dr Octopus and original Green Goblin, the rest of them didn't click.

@ariabed said:

@The_Last_Ride: really? I damn near teared up at the end of spider man2 an when spiderman forgave the sandman, and I thought all the characters did a good job of conveying the strong emotions of Anger, jealousy, revenge, heartbreak,sorrow, regret, present in that film. That is all

Spiderman 2 was the best movie in the trilogy. The whole sandman thing didn't matter, because the third movie was chaotic at best. Having three villains in one movie was stupid to begin with. It didn't really matter, because the movie was terrible compared to the other two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@The_Last_Ride said:

i agree, the only characters that worked together well were Dr Octopus and original Green Goblin, the rest of them didn't click.

Yeah, even when the acting was ok it felt like most characters were acting on their own (at a wall) and not towards the people they were supposed to be talking/pleading/yelling at.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ariabed

@The_Last_Ride: I was actually on about spiderman3 my bad, and it only actually had one true villain that was venom, spiderman made amends with green goblin and sandman, which sends out a good moral message, that sometimes you gotta just forgive and forget, sometimes. I loved all three films they did a perfect job of bringing spiderman to life.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thehig1

The love story in the amazing spiderman looks awkward, very much like twilight.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Last_Ride

@korvus: i agree, that was my main issue. The actors did a great job, but the chemistry was lacking, especially in the third one.

@ariabed said:

@The_Last_Ride: I was actually on about spiderman3 my bad, and it only actually had one true villain that was venom, spiderman made amends with green goblin and sandman, which sends out a good moral message, that sometimes you gotta just forgive and forget, sometimes. I loved all three films they did a perfect job of bringing spiderman to life.

i just came home from watching Spiderman 2 just now, i thought that did a way better job having 3 villains in a movie. Also no big ass american flag in the movie get's an A+ from me

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hallenbeck77
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

@thehig1 said:

There was only one reason the franchise was rebooted, that was to cash in on the spiderman name.

Rather, to keep the film rights to the franchise and the cash that the series is making at Sony.

I'm looking for the link now, but if Sony Pictures didn't put out a new Spider-Man movie within a set amount of time, the film rights would go back to Marvel. Being that Sony is struggling financially at the moment, the film series is still making good bank for them, and they're not going to risk losing it anytime soon. I believe the same thing goes for the X-Men and Fantastic Four film rights over at Fox. They already lost the film rights to Daredevil by cancelling the proposed sequel.

As far as the new movies, I can't fairly judge them being that I still haven't watched Amazing all the way through.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thehig1

@hallenbeck77: your right, the film has basically been made by Sony's accountants to keep the company in the black,

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ariabed

@hallenbeck77: so why couldn't they just follow in from where spiderman3 left off there's heeps more spider man stories to be told, why start from the begining?

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hallenbeck77
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

@ariabed said:

@hallenbeck77: so why couldn't they just follow in from where spiderman3 left off there's heeps more spider man stories to be told, why start from the begining?

Sony stated that between the initial story they had and original director Sam Raimi dropping out from the project, it was best to start from scratch.

PyreofKoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 112

User Lists: 4

#24 PyreofKoL
Member since 2005 • 6059 Posts

I liked the first Amazing Spider-Man film, but it did have its flaws. Andrew Garfield was a great Spider-Man, but left a little wanting as Peter Parker. Also, the design for the Lizard was pretty dumb. Overall I prefer Raimi's films. The first two, at least. His cast was great (though Toby Macguire had the reverse issue that Andrew Garfield did) and his story lines were really good. Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina killed it as the Green Goblin and Doc Ock, respectively, but, again, the design for the Goblin was boneheaded :P One last thing: I LOVE the soundtracks for Raimi's films.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I prefer the old spiderman films.