OT chess tournament. OP edited and more participants welcome

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

[QUOTE="jim_shorts"][QUOTE="brucewayne69"] good deal I guess winner of each game will play eachother for the "championship" Who is BruceWayne69? And why did you go d4 for your first move?brucewayne69
d4 is a legitimate opening.

e4>d4 Who is your favorite chess player besides Kasparov and Carlsen? I'll go with Aronian. The guy is a beast

All time? Or just right now? I dunno, I guess I like Anand quite a bit. I followed his world championship matches a few years back and they were pretty exciting.  Also no I haven't started.   I sent the invite, but he's playing white and hasn't moved yet.

#52 Posted by Bane_09 (3394 posts) -

3 days per move? Is this tournament going to take like 6 months?

#53 Posted by tocool340 (20487 posts) -
I'd play but it looks like its a bit too late to sign up. Oh well....
#54 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -
I'd play but it looks like its a bit too late to sign up. Oh well....tocool340
you can join You can either have a bye or play someone else. I'll try to find someone. Who is brucewayne on chess.com? I'm playing him, obviously it's someone who's on GS, probably Dave.
#55 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -

Bane_09
I play 3 day move games all the time. Longest it's taken yet is a week or two.
#56 Posted by pariah3 (980 posts) -

Also no I haven't started. I sent the invite, but he's playing white and hasn't moved yet.jim_shorts

I changed my username to Macunaima123. So please send me the invite again.

#57 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

[QUOTE="jim_shorts"]Also no I haven't started. I sent the invite, but he's playing white and hasn't moved yet.pariah3

I changed my username to Macunaima123. So please send me the invite again.

It's been done.
#58 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"][QUOTE="jim_shorts"] d4 is a legitimate opening.jim_shorts

e4>d4 Who is your favorite chess player besides Kasparov and Carlsen? I'll go with Aronian. The guy is a beast

All time? Or just right now? I dunno, I guess I like Anand quite a bit. I followed his world championship matches a few years back and they were pretty exciting.  Also no I haven't started.   I sent the invite, but he's playing white and hasn't moved yet.

I guess current. Anand is a beast too. Him and Kramnik have some great matches. The one guy I don't like is Nakamura. He is quite the sore loser and is unprofessional when upset (huffing and puffing and even growling lol). In my game, I made a silly move. DIdn't cost me a piece, but I could've won a knight or bishop, because I was forking him. Dang it.
#59 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -
[QUOTE="jim_shorts"]

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"] e4>d4 Who is your favorite chess player besides Kasparov and Carlsen? I'll go with Aronian. The guy is a beastbrucewayne69

I guess current. Anand is a beast too. Him and Kramnik have some great matches. The one guy I don't like is Nakamura. He is quite the sore loser and is unprofessional when upset (huffing and puffing and even growling lol). In my game, I made a silly move. DIdn't cost me a piece, but I could've won a knight or bishop, because I was forking him. Dang it.

Our game is underway. Pretty close so far.
#60 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

Our game is over bruce.  I won.

#61 Posted by pariah3 (980 posts) -

Our game is over bruce. I won.jim_shorts

But who won the entire tournament?

#62 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

[QUOTE="jim_shorts"]

Our game is over bruce. I won.pariah3

But who won the entire tournament?

I guess I'll play the winner of Bruce's game to find out.
#63 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -

Our game is over bruce.  I won.

jim_shorts
LOL I'm going to friend you so I can see what happened. And I'll edit the OP You'll play tocool340 if he responds. If not, you'll play the winner of our game. @pariah, I guess we can do a loser bracket too. Stick tight, I've got a checkmate in the works. And who am I playing? I need to know so if you win I can say who it was!
#64 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -
Did pretty well in a chess tournament (real life ) today. Could've done better though. The guy I was playing had a genius end game. Still reeling about it.
#65 Posted by Bane_09 (3394 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bane_09"]

brucewayne69

Hmm ok, if I have time one of these next couple days I'll sign up. I play casually so Im not too good

#66 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"][QUOTE="Bane_09"]

Bane_09

Hmm ok, if I have time one of these next couple days I'll sign up. I play casually so Im not too good

It's all good Jim and Pariah just finished a 48 move match in like half a day
#67 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -
Any more takers?
#68 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -
Any more takers?brucewayne69
#69 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -
Apparently my opponent is "metroidrage" on GS. He won't answer why he chose brucewayne69 as his username AND I JUST TOOK HIS QUEEN Boom Baby! Sorry Dave, better luck next time
#70 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -
ahem
#71 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -
Jim it's me vs. you. I won my game THIS IS THE CHAMPIONSHIP
#72 Posted by dave123321 (33794 posts) -
I feel that this idea is dazzling. I feel that the current games have been amazing. (On topic, on pint, details)
#73 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -
[QUOTE="dave123321"]I feel that this idea is dazzling. I feel that the current games have been amazing. (On topic, on pint, details)

Dave will you admit that it was you I played Because you got destroyed son