Origin of your screen name on GS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by CaptainAhab13 (5121 posts) -

I guess mine is rather obvious -- Moby Dick. I'm a huge humanities nerd, and I really love reading. 8)

How about you?

#2 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17559 posts) -
It was the same as my AOL screen name.
#3 Posted by -Shooter- (4295 posts) -

I like shooting games, first person shooters to be exact

#4 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -
Ragnar was taken when I signed up for XBL back on the old Xbox. I added some extra letters and went with it. For whatever reason, I kept the name when I signed up for GS a few years later.
#5 Posted by PleatedDreamer (128 posts) -
My dreams are pleated.
#6 Posted by 194197844077667059316682358889 (49173 posts) -
Nickname I was given when I worked at a nightclub in Atlanta
#7 Posted by imaps3fanboy (11172 posts) -
Created for the use of trolling in SW
#8 Posted by michael_1234576 (8620 posts) -
Well my names Bob so this was an obvious choice.
#9 Posted by FUloin33 (528 posts) -
i was going to go to a college that was FU and the mascot was the lion. but unfortunately, that has changed. but the names still pretty cool!
#10 Posted by scorch-62 (29741 posts) -
Character from Star Wars: Republic Commando.
#11 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -
Nickname I was given when I worked at a nightclub in Atlantaxaos
How do you pronounce it?
#12 Posted by Dan_Bodger (23 posts) -
It's my name LOL!
#13 Posted by MushroomWig (11637 posts) -
Xbox Live recommended me this as a user-name and it's stuck ever since. :P
#14 Posted by 194197844077667059316682358889 (49173 posts) -
[QUOTE="xaos"]Nickname I was given when I worked at a nightclub in Atlantarragnaar
How do you pronounce it?

Pronounced like "chaos"; it's just a crypto-Greekish spelling of it
#15 Posted by EJ902 (14218 posts) -
it's supposed to say 'edge' but I didn't know how to spell edge when I signed up so I just put a phonetic spelling down 902 was the price (in GBP) of a computer I was thinking of buying and I put it there as a reminder
#16 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17559 posts) -
[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="xaos"]Nickname I was given when I worked at a nightclub in Atlantaxaos
How do you pronounce it?

All this time, I've been pronouncing it "za-oh-ss" >.>
#17 Posted by Tetrarch9 (2578 posts) -
Its is a form of Goverment instituted by the Roman Empire around 300 Ad basically dividing the empire into four pieces.
#18 Posted by Dawq902 (6796 posts) -

Fabricated it in 4th grade for my runescape character and ahve been using it ever since

#19 Posted by Conno08 (5080 posts) -

My name is Connor and I joined in '08, hence, Conno08.

#20 Posted by Suzy_Q_Kazoo (9901 posts) -

It always takes me forever to come up with usernames, so I usually just find something that rhymes with my name.

#21 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

[QUOTE="rragnaar"] How do you pronounce it?xaos

I always sorta pronounced it as 'zauss' in my head. I'm not sure why. I don't know why I turned an 'x' into a 'z' sound.

All this time, I've been pronouncing it "za-oh-ss" >.>mrmusicman247

Ha! Weird.

#22 Posted by PS2_ROCKS (4679 posts) -
My PS2 made me do it.
#23 Posted by Amnesiac23 (8272 posts) -
The origin of the name came from Amnesiac being my favorite album, so I started using it on most sites I was part of back in 2005. In 2006 though, I nearly lost my life and have amnesia of the month of January that year...so my user name has a lot of meaning to me now.
#24 Posted by Oleg_Huzwog (21885 posts) -

I have two middle names: Oleg and Huzwog.

#25 Posted by danjammer69 (4099 posts) -

An old email I used to have.

I hate it. Make me sound like some sort of pervert. I mean I am a pervert, I just don't want to sound like one.

#26 Posted by Suzy_Q_Kazoo (9901 posts) -
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="xaos"] Pronounced like "chaos"; it's just a crypto-Greekish spelling of it

All this time, I've been pronouncing it "za-oh-ss" >.>

Same, lol.
#27 Posted by Lord_Daemon (24229 posts) -

It's a companion name to a very obscure Marvel comics character from an old magazine series of theirs.

#28 Posted by Ravirr (7931 posts) -

Morrowind

#29 Posted by Blue-Sky (10314 posts) -

Back in 2004, when I played FFXI online, I belonged to a guild called "Azure" So for no particular reasons I made an account called Azure-Sky. Eventually I made variations of the same account name and stuck with Blue-Sky.

Now, you know the whole story!

#30 Posted by Da_lil_PimP (4242 posts) -

I was 13 >.>

#31 Posted by konvikt_17 (22096 posts) -

got in trouble with the law, did some time, then shortly after that was all done and over with, i ended up joining, and picked this username. i was 17 at the time i joined.

#32 Posted by berserker2389 (4627 posts) -
Saw my berserk dvd sitting out so I added the er
#33 Posted by arad96 (7723 posts) -

It's the name I use on all websites. I can't even remember how I found it.

#34 Posted by DarthJohnova (4599 posts) -

Back in 2004, when I played FFXI online, I belonged to a guild called "Azure" So for no particular reasons I made an account called Azure-Sky. Eventually I made variations of the same account name and stuck with Blue-Sky.

Now, you know the whole story!

Blue-Sky
I'm sure I was in Azure! For like 2 weeks that I played the game XD OT: Darth just 'cus the Sith are cool, Johnova incorporating John (my name) into JENOVA from FFVII. I have too much time on my hands.
#35 Posted by CycleOfViolence (3314 posts) -

Part of the name of a Cephalic Carnage song. Full title is "Endles Cycle of Violence".

#36 Posted by bobcheeseball (9307 posts) -
#37 Posted by mems_1224 (45717 posts) -
nickname+birthday
#38 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

I used to like a Canada band called Alexisonfire, I still listen to them sometimes.

So I just replaced Alexis with Haziq(my name) -- Haziqonfire.

#39 Posted by ANNIHILISM (266 posts) -
I was sitting in phil class one day: Teacher: Does any know what Nihilism is? Student: ITS LIKE WHEN YOU ANNIHILATE THINGS?!?!? Myself: /facepalm So when I made my GS account, I thought about that, and was going to go with "ANNIHILIST" but that sounded too much like "A nihilist" which made me sound too try-hardy. So I went with this. LOL, you may laugh nowz.
#40 Posted by Cloud_765 (111386 posts) -
It's my RuneScape username.
#41 Posted by comp_atkins (31109 posts) -
shorted down version of a screen name i had when i ran a hotline server in college that hosted free simpsons episodes.
#42 Posted by Ikouze (2027 posts) -

Mines comes from the Japanese word meaning Come on or Let's go. I like my name :D

#43 Posted by Lto_thaG (22611 posts) -

My initials with a lame "gangsta" touch.

Brother came up with the idea.

#44 Posted by guildclaws (7907 posts) -

I randomly created it.... now i'm stuck with it forever :(

#45 Posted by Cloud_765 (111386 posts) -

I randomly created it.... now i'm stuck with it forever :(

guildclaws

That's why it's best to go with something with some sort of substance. I woulda liked to have mine changed but at least I know mine had prior use and wasn't just randomly made for this site.

#46 Posted by Neo-ganon (5528 posts) -

well it was originally meant to be my username for runescape. I wanted to set myself up as a magic user like ganondorf from zelda (which was a big game for me at the time). Also, i liked the matrix movies at the time, so i added "neo" to it. so it wouldve been like "new-ganon" for runescape >:)

buuuuuut i made a better sounding name and when i made my GS account a few years later i just ran with this one :P

#47 Posted by 6_Dead_360s (1663 posts) -

I recieved my sixth xbox 360 when creating my account. I assumed it would die given the track record, but it still works surprisingly.

#48 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

Ok. Well my friend texted me a long time ago and spelled "Sunny Jim" incredibly badly as "Sune Gem". I thought the spelling mistake was pretty out there, found it funny, and it stuck. Weird origin story, huh?

As for it being cheap and having one capital "G" and a small "s", that's because I made this account like 5 years ago and just didn't care back then...
I so wish to change it too SuneGem...

#49 Posted by Mr_Cumberdale (10187 posts) -
Amazing how many people's username are related to runescape. Mine is from a certain Cumberdale.
#50 Posted by Allicrombie (25085 posts) -

[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="xaos"]Nickname I was given when I worked at a nightclub in Atlantaxaos
How do you pronounce it?

damn, I've been referring to you as Dr Zaius this whole time. >.>

OT, its my name + an ad for the store I used to shop at. Pretty sad.