davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

So I've heard ALOT of mixed things about One Piece once it hits the 2 year time skip, like how the Fishman Island Arc is unwatchable, that it becomes dragged out and it's not as fun as the first half of the show.

I don't get any of those complaints, I'm on episode 550 and I'm loving the hell out of the Fishman Island Arc, it's awesome seeing how strong they've all become so I just don't get the complaints.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I don't get it either. I'm up to date and loving it. Zero complaint on my part.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

I got bored of Fishman Island, but I quite liked Punk Hazard and DressRosa seems interesting so far. Still, each arc takes far to long to get interesting and pick up momentum, which makes it too hard for me to watch OP week after week.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

One Piece is such a baby anime.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

A little off-topic, it occurred to me lately to give the show a try as it's been a while since I watched a decent shounen; I've been trying to get back to Naruto to no avail.

My question is: is One Piece worth it? The show's ratings are surprising for a shounen of that length so I'm intrigued. And if I were to skip the fillers, how many episodes would the show come down to?

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@GazaAli: "Is One Piece worth it"?

In my honest opinion, OH HELL YES

It's easily the best shounen (hell anime in general) that I've ever seen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Didn't like fishman island arc. Hordi/hoddie(forgot his name) was never a good villain. I thought punk hazard was lame too. But dressrosa got me back on the hype train but it is really dragging on too much(Like it is trying to beat the chimera ant arc from hunter x hunter(manga) which took about 8 years to finish). But after reading the latest manga chapters my hype went through the roof again.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

One Piece is still going?

Um.... when Naruto had its 2 year time skip is was great for like 2/3 of it. But that last 1/3 (the ending) was poo poo

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

As far as I'm concerned, One Piece is dragged out from the very beginning, even in the manga ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@GazaAli said:

A little off-topic, it occurred to me lately to give the show a try as it's been a while since I watched a decent shounen; I've been trying to get back to Naruto to no avail.

My question is: is One Piece worth it? The show's ratings are surprising for a shounen of that length so I'm intrigued. And if I were to skip the fillers, how many episodes would the show come down to?

The best part is

There aren't many fillers to begin with. And the ones that are there (one in particular - the Davy back fights) are hilarious. I mean, there has got to be less than 50 episodes of filler (out of almost 800 episodes) and i'm being extremely liberal with that number. Might as well not skip anything.

One Piece, at it's best, is simply beautiful. It's the only long running anime I watch and will ever watch.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Maybe I would watch it again if the anime would have more progression on each episode. So far the flow seems to be like this:

Opening>Prologue about Gold Roger and Luffy or whatever>A recap of what happened on the previous episode>Talking/Dialogue>Flashback>(Some) action>"Eyecatcher"/Commercial break thingy>A RECAP on what happened in the first half of the episode>A mixture of both talking and action>Credits>Preview of the next episode.

And I have yet to see Robin go 1 on 1 with someone.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

I'm not fond of the Fisherman Island Arc; Hody Jones was a lame villain.

Apart from that, no complains.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@Chozofication said:
@GazaAli said:

The best part is

There aren't many fillers to begin with. And the ones that are there (one in particular - the Davy back fights) are hilarious. I mean, there has got to be less than 50 episodes of filler (out of almost 800 episodes) and i'm being extremely liberal with that number. Might as well not skip anything.

One Piece, at it's best, is simply beautiful. It's the only long running anime I watch and will ever watch.

Actually that may be the worst part as there's no way I'm investing that much time in one show - Naruto marathon days are sadly long gone.

Besides, the fact that I add 5 titles to my list for every title I scratch isn't helping either.