OMG lol (about next Republican president)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts

:lol: ok... I was watching something on TV about the next republican president and... lol... they asked the candidates lots of questions about GOD! LMAO! And they all said they were ''saved'' by Jesus and oter things like that! At first, I thought it was a joke but after that I realized it was all true! OMG!

Do people really believe in God that much nowadays? I mean... we're in 2007. The Dark Ages are over...

Hey_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Hey_Jay
Member since 2004 • 7221 Posts
Faith never died. Delusion, however, grew.
Avatar image for BEAN_LARD_MULCH
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
Member since 2006 • 4720 Posts
We get the fact that you hate all aspects of religion.
Avatar image for Knight_of_Malta
Knight_of_Malta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Knight_of_Malta
Member since 2005 • 4781 Posts
OMG! A religion thread!
xXBuffJeffXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xXBuffJeffXx
Member since 2006 • 5913 Posts
I'm not religious but I don't see any need to discourage and ridicule other's faith.
gamefreakomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamefreakomega
Member since 2003 • 3732 Posts
OMG! A religion thread!Knight_of_Malta
Yeah, been a while since we had one of these........
Avatar image for BEAN_LARD_MULCH
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
Member since 2006 • 4720 Posts
I'm not religious but I don't see any need to discourage and ridicule other's faith.xXBuffJeffXx

Thankyou! Finally an Atheist who respects other religions. Or beliefs
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
OMG! A religion thread!Knight_of_Malta
omg...yes...they are back and i am sad
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

[QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"]I'm not religious but I don't see any need to discourage and ridicule other's faith.BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Now, if only we found theists that did the same. :roll:

Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Timesplitter14

We get the fact that you hate all aspects of religion.BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Well I can accept that people believe in God, but this situation is as if presidents had to choose their favorite next-gen console or... comment on their favorite kid's story

gamefreakomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamefreakomega
Member since 2003 • 3732 Posts

[QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"]I'm not religious but I don't see any need to discourage and ridicule other's faith.BEAN_LARD_MULCH

It's not that uncommon on occurrence.

It just seems that way because the most ridiculous ones are always the loudest.

mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts
You know, you don't have to take religion literally. It's often good to accept that people find comfort in religion, as well as guidance, a sense of community and it gives us hope and faith...nothing wrong with a bit of faith
xXBuffJeffXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xXBuffJeffXx

[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"]I'm not religious but I don't see any need to discourage and ridicule other's faith.The_Ish

You're right, it works both ways. I don't understand why being an Atheist is essentially "taboo" in America today. It would be political suicide to call your self an Atheist and people regularly discourage not having faith. 

Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts
Tolorance much? :|
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Timesplitter14

You know, you don't have to take religion literally. It's often good to accept that people find comfort in religion, as well as guidance, a sense of community and it gives us hope and faith...nothing wrong with a bit of faithmmogoon

What I said :

''Well I can accept that people believe in God, but this situation is as if presidents had to choose their favorite next-gen console or... comment on their favorite kid's story.''

It's as if people thought a religious person = good and an ateist = evil

Avatar image for 353535355353535

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 353535355353535
Member since 2005 • 4424 Posts

crap, please god, not another religion thread

sinse when does it have to be the dark ages for everyone to be religious?

CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Ish"]

[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"]I'm not religious but I don't see any need to discourage and ridicule other's faith.xXBuffJeffXx

You're right, it works both ways. I don't understand why being an Atheist is essentially "taboo" in America today. It would be political suicide to call your self an Atheist and people regularly discourage not having faith. 

I completely agree. I am an Atheist , and for all religions faults it is a mostly positive and crucial thing to our society. I happen to believe that religion will one day dissapear all together, but for now it does more good that harm to the public.

Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Ish"]

[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"]I'm not religious but I don't see any need to discourage and ridicule other's faith.xXBuffJeffXx

Its not that we hate them... I had nothing against them till i came to GS. Its just that every time religion is mentioned they shout, "Fake! Lies! Who belives this stuff!?"

GD-1369211121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 GD-1369211121
Member since 2006 • 4087 Posts
Jesus Christ not another religious thread!
Avatar image for 353535355353535

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 353535355353535
Member since 2005 • 4424 Posts
[QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"][QUOTE="The_Ish"]

[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"]I'm not religious but I don't see any need to discourage and ridicule other's faith.Guiltfeeder566

Its not that we hate them... I had nothing against them till i came to GS. Its just that every time religion is mentioned they shout, "Fake! Lies! Who belives this stuff!?"

I think people dont like athiests is because we assume that they have no morals
xXBuffJeffXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xXBuffJeffXx

[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"]I'm not religious but I don't see any need to discourage and ridicule other's faith.Guiltfeeder566

I absolutely understand where you are coming from, but I don't see why theists are quick to assume "the god-less" have no morals. Bill O'Reily even blamed secular progressives for the whole TB scare because he said that they (Andrew Speaker being the example) put their welfare in front of everyone else's, while Christians, he generalized, put the good of the whole in front of their own. For the record, I do believe in a god, but I don't subscribe to any religions because I think that they only cause problems instead of solving them. I do respect those who are religious, though, and I recognize that Churches the world over, whatever the religion, have done good things.

Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Timesplitter14

[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"]I'm not religious but I don't see any need to discourage and ridicule other's faith.CrimzonTide

but for now it does more good that harm to the public.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Religion did good things (and lots of bad things) in the past by creating schools and hospitals. But now, it only divides us and it creates conflicts all around the world. And on top of that, most humanitary organisations are full of Atheists, but not too many people know this because atheists usually don't care about making publicity for their beliefs. Instead, they focus on the work they have to do.

lompocus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lompocus
Member since 2005 • 843 Posts

We are founded on the basis of God, correct?

Our heavenly father is IN THE ******* PLEDGE, YOU IDIOT!

Yes...I am Catholic. Sue me.

The majority of America believes in God.  

BTW, that wasn't the only thing they talked about. Hell, CNN is evil, but even THEY aren't as truly delusional as you are, man! They at least gave some facts on the overview (and McCain won, no matter what the anderson guy says) 

lompocus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lompocus
Member since 2005 • 843 Posts
[QUOTE="CrimzonTide"][QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"][QUOTE="The_Ish"]

[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"]I'm not religious but I don't see any need to discourage and ridicule other's faith.Timesplitter14

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Religion did good things (and lots of bad things) in the past by creating schools and hospitals. But now, it only divides us and it creates conflicts all around the world. And on top of that, most humanitary organisations are full of Atheists, but not too many people know this because atheists usually don't care about making publicity for their beliefs. Instead, they focus on the work they have to do.

And, belive it or not, the majority of the world belives in a god.

Let me break it down for you:

40% is Christian (60% of that is Catholic....absorb the darn protestants one day, man!)

33% is Hindu

20% is Muslim

10% is other

the rest is atheist....Just because your in the damn minority doesn't mean you are enlightened! 

Account_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Account_27
Member since 2005 • 13426 Posts

We are founded on the basis of God, correct?

Our heavenly father is IN THE ******* PLEDGE, YOU IDIOT!

Yes...I am Catholic. Sue me.

The majority of America believes in God.

BTW, that wasn't the only thing they talked about. Hell, CNN is evil, but even THEY aren't as truly delusional as you are, man! They at least gave some facts on the overview (and McCain won, no matter what the anderson guy says)

lompocus

And the fact that blacks were slaves and couldn't vote and neither could women was never a constitutional amendment, but they changed that.  Things change, get used to it.  

xhungbyhopex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xhungbyhopex
Member since 2004 • 8642 Posts

There's nothing wrong with faith, just assuming that one faith is any more valid than another.  If it's true faith, it doesn't matter what you call it

Account_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Account_27
Member since 2005 • 13426 Posts
[QUOTE="Timesplitter14"][QUOTE="CrimzonTide"][QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"][QUOTE="The_Ish"]

[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"][QUOTE="xXBuffJeffXx"]I'm not religious but I don't see any need to discourage and ridicule other's faith.lompocus

And, belive it or not, the majority of the world belives in a god.

Let me break it down for you:

40% is Christian (60% of that is Catholic....absorb the darn protestants one day, man!)

33% is Hindu

20% is Muslim

10% is other

the rest is atheist....Just because your in the damn minority doesn't mean you are enlightened!

If you are going to use statistics, get them right.