Old games tattoo art

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dagg22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dagg22
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

What dou you think about having old(or new) games themed tattoo?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I think tattoos in general are pretty lame. I honestly don't think it gets any lamer than a video-game tattoo. I've observed that people with tattoos are vastly more likely to be stupid, and usually an increased amount of tattoos seems to come with increased stupidity.

My buddy got a tattoo a long time ago (almost a decade ago) of a tribal-looking symbol that he just picked out of the artist's book. He showed off the tattoo online to a forum (it was Systemwars.com. an off-shoot of our System Wars), and someone pointed out his tattoo is actually the tattoo that Jin has from Tekken. The irony is that he hated Tekken (and fighting games in general).

IMO, if you get a tattoo, it better be a work of art from a highly renowned tattoo artist. Otherwise you're just showing off to the world

1) Your poor taste
2) Lack of appreciation for your body
3) A lusting for acceptance (people who get tattoos do it because they want to "fit in", which is ironic because tattoos originated from counter culture).
4) General insecurity (people are more worried about tattoos than doing something genuinely productive that will enrich their lives)

But hey, if it's your thing, go for it sport. People with crappy tattoos attract people with crappy tattoos.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

If you get a tattoo, make sure it's for yourself and for the right reason, and not a "statement".

People that get tattoos that reflect their personalities, acknowledge important life events, and things of that nature generally seem to enjoy them and do not regret getting them. People that get tattoos because they're "cool" or "they like _______ so they decided to get a tattoo of _______" generally end up regretting it.

If a video game was a truly important thing to you, like in six decades you can look down at your leg or arm or whatever (or you can have your wife or husband look at you) and not feel bad about it, then go for it.

That's all I'm going to say about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Think about it if it's your first tattoo. If you're getting a bunch then a video game tattoo would be cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

@ KHAndAnime: I have a tattoo and I don't consider myself stupid. I think your generalized/hateful comments towards others who do have tattoos is a little..."stupid" as you expertly put it. I agree a lot of the tattoos people get are dumb. Some look amazing. Some people regret getting the one they have. Some don't care. Try a little harder not to generalize a very large amount of people worldwide because of something you personnally don't like. It makes you look..."stupid."

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

tacky and lame

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Most people I know with tattoos tend to put a lot of time and effort into the first one or two, then the ones after that are "because they look cool".

@TheDarkWolf86 said:

@ KHAndAnime: I have a tattoo and I don't consider myself stupid. I think your generalized/hateful comments towards others who do have tattoos is a little..."stupid" as you expertly put it. I agree a lot of the tattoos people get are dumb. Some look amazing. Some people regret getting the one they have. Some don't care. Try a little harder not to generalize a very large amount of people worldwide because of something you personnally don't like. It makes you look..."stupid."

He's a Trumpette, it's not hard to see why he would generalize and entire group of people.

dagg22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dagg22

Tnx everybody for lots of advices. I think about having tattoo for myself. But I cant decide what I want. I cant choose betweet something memorial about my dog, or something video game themed. What do you think?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Picking a kids thing for a tattoo seems like a way to make sure people think you need an adult around at all times to make sure you're ok.

For me if you're going to brand yourself for life do it by cutting. The hot coat hanger brand isn't bad but if you don't do it right it's bubbly and gross. I prefer slices into the skin and a cool story rather than going to a tattoo parlor and picking out something for a child.

dagg22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dagg22

Today i spoke with my tattoo master and decided to do the memorial one. What dou you think about this one? click