Ok, talking to a new girl and I need to know if I am messing up

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts
................ I wanna ask her if she is religious. Bad move? Or not?
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
Just ask her if she would call your name or his in bed, problem solved.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
Just ask her if she would call your name or his in bed, problem solved.double_decker
/thread
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

tumblr_inline_mjop1aM48Q1qz4rgp.gif

No it doesn't matter. Who cares about religion anyway these days. If they are not religious it holds no significance to them, if they say they are then big whoop it's upto you if you want to pursue or not. Better finding out quicker rather than later. Wheather or not she aint got no STDs, that's a bigger issue.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kevlar101

No it doesn't matter. Who cares about religion anyway these days. If they are not religious it holds no significance to them, if they say they are then big whoop it's upto you if you want to pursue or not. Better finding out quicker rather than later. Wheather or not she aint got no STDs, that's a bigger issue.

shadowkiller11
I was with a religious girl once before, and don't really want to be again.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
Move how you do and there won't be no problem.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I messed up once with this Asian chick. I was talking about Assassin's creed, and the convo got into mass effect, and I was like "Ohhh yeah I was totally trying to get my guy laid to that Asian chick" when I meant Alien : /
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
[QUOTE="shadowkiller11"]

Kevlar101
I was with a religious girl once before, and don't really want to be again.

Oh I know those threads. There is no reason to be scared in finding out now. You either find out now and if she is religious then stop talking to her and if she isn't then you can continue. You can't just be indirect or avoid the religious topic for ages, start liking her then ask her if she is. Because if she is religious you'd be even more pissed because you'd start falling for her most probably.
Avatar image for Explosive_Bagel
Explosive_Bagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Explosive_Bagel
Member since 2012 • 153 Posts
Ask her if she goes to church or anything, don't directly say "ARE YOU RELIGIOUS B!TCH?!"
LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
Things didn't work out with the other girl, Kevlar? And I mean, asking if she is religious isn't inherently bad or anything. It's all in how you do it though. Just inserting into a conversation out of the blue might come off as odd or intrusive. If you can find a subtler way to do it, that'd be best. But in reality, most people wouldn't take offense to you asking, so don't make a big deal out of it.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
Just say when's the last time u been to church,I haven't been in a minute,u religious? Boom that's all
Avatar image for BenedictArnold7
BenedictArnold7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BenedictArnold7
Member since 2012 • 743 Posts
Ask her in a polite way... what you really want to do is be honest. No relationship can be special if you build it on shaky foundations.
Audacitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Audacitron
Member since 2012 • 991 Posts

say something sacrilegious and watch her reaction.

Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts
I really don't hope if shes religious or not determines if shes relationship material...
Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3106 Posts

This is so simple: just ask her non-threateningly if she goes to church.  Or if you're uncomfortable with that, take advantage of where we are now in the calender and ask her what she's doing for Good Friday, Passover, or Easter.  Simple.

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LZ71
I really don't hope if shes religious or not determines if shes relationship material...Foxi911
I don't think he's trying to sound like he hates religious people, or that he wouldn't date a religious person ever. I just think he's saying the last relationship he was in was with a religious girl, and they probably had some differences/issues regarding their faith (or lack of), and that may have put stress on the relationship. So this time, someone whose ideas more closely resemble his might prevent that from happening. Not that I agree with him, but it's not like I don't understand either.
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kevlar101
[QUOTE="LZ71"]Things didn't work out with the other girl, Kevlar? And I mean, asking if she is religious isn't inherently bad or anything. It's all in how you do it though. Just inserting into a conversation out of the blue might come off as odd or intrusive. If you can find a subtler way to do it, that'd be best. But in reality, most people wouldn't take offense to you asking, so don't make a big deal out of it.

yeah, the other girl just took everything i did for her, and ripped it from my heart and stomped on it................. she lied to me, and betrayed me. So ya, it did not work out. Anyway, I'm sick of talking about. On to the new girl: When is a good time to ask for her phone number? We have talked a few times, so when is a good time to ask for her phone number?
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kevlar101
[QUOTE="Foxi911"]I really don't hope if shes religious or not determines if shes relationship material...LZ71
I don't think he's trying to sound like he hates religious people, or that he wouldn't date a religious person ever. I just think he's saying the last relationship he was in was with a religious girl, and they probably had some differences/issues regarding their faith (or lack of), and that may have put stress on the relationship. So this time, someone whose ideas more closely resemble his might prevent that from happening. Not that I agree with him, but it's not like I don't understand either.

This is exactly it. Thank you....
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kevlar101
:lol: I just thought about something........ what if I started a rant about "Jesus Fvcking Christ" :P
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
Since Easter is next week you can find out very easily...... Ask if she is doing anything with her family said weekend....... Very simple and non-threatening way to get at the topic.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
I ask people if they're religious all the time, and I never get a bad reaction. Go ahead. If she reacts badly to a question that benign, she probably isn't worth your time anyway.
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kevlar101
Butter, are YOU religious? Test :P
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="Kevlar101"]Butter, are YOU religious? Test :P

Not in the slightest. On a related note: I actually like it when people know I'm not religious because some people assume that I am religious and so needlessly walk on eggshells when it comes to discussing religion.
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kevlar101
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Kevlar101"]Butter, are YOU religious? Test :P

Not in the slightest. On a related note: I actually like it when people know I'm not religious because some people assume that I am religious and so needlessly walk on eggshells when it comes to discussing religion.

huh... I always thought that you were raised in a Muslim household...... I could have sworn that I saw you say it a few times
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="Kevlar101"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Kevlar101"]Butter, are YOU religious? Test :P

huh... I always thought that you were raised in a Muslim household...... I could have sworn that I saw you say it a few times

I was, but I'm not religious anymore.
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kevlar101
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Kevlar101"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] Not in the slightest. On a related note: I actually like it when people know I'm not religious because some people assume that I am religious and so needlessly walk on eggshells when it comes to discussing religion.

Well that clears it up :) Oh, when is an appropriate time to ask for her number ? We have talked a few times................................................................................................................
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ghoklebutter
Oh, when is an appropriate time to ask for her number ? We have talked a few times................................................................................................................Kevlar101
If you know she's comfortable with you, and you know her decently well, then you might as well ask next time you meet or at least very soon.
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kevlar101
[QUOTE="Kevlar101"]Oh, when is an appropriate time to ask for her number ? We have talked a few times................................................................................................................ghoklebutter
If you know she's comfortable with you, and you know her decently well, then you might as well ask next time you meet or at least very soon.

Ok, then I think the time is nearing..............................
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Tell her you post on GS too while you're at it. 

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LZ71
[QUOTE="Kevlar101"][QUOTE="LZ71"]Things didn't work out with the other girl, Kevlar? And I mean, asking if she is religious isn't inherently bad or anything. It's all in how you do it though. Just inserting into a conversation out of the blue might come off as odd or intrusive. If you can find a subtler way to do it, that'd be best. But in reality, most people wouldn't take offense to you asking, so don't make a big deal out of it.

yeah, the other girl just took everything i did for her, and ripped it from my heart and stomped on it................. she lied to me, and betrayed me. So ya, it did not work out. Anyway, I'm sick of talking about. On to the new girl: When is a good time to ask for her phone number? We have talked a few times, so when is a good time to ask for her phone number?

Sorry to hear that. :( Always best to look towards the future, I suppose. And like ghoklebutter said, if you've talked a few times and you two are comfortable together, it's probably best to ask for her number the next time you are talking. Waiting too long won't help anything.
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kevlar101
[QUOTE="LZ71"][QUOTE="Kevlar101"][QUOTE="LZ71"]Things didn't work out with the other girl, Kevlar? And I mean, asking if she is religious isn't inherently bad or anything. It's all in how you do it though. Just inserting into a conversation out of the blue might come off as odd or intrusive. If you can find a subtler way to do it, that'd be best. But in reality, most people wouldn't take offense to you asking, so don't make a big deal out of it.

Sorry to hear that. :( Always best to look towards the future, I suppose. And like ghoklebutter said, if you've talked a few times and you two are comfortable together, it's probably best to ask for her number the next time you are talking. Waiting too long won't help anything.

I appreciate the advice :)
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Learn by doing. Ask her and find out.

Cefryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 Cefryd
Member since 2013 • 26 Posts

Just ask her if she's religious or not, no use beating around the bush (unless it's hers :cool: ) when it comes to topics that could ruin a prospective relationship. I know for certain if I couldn't date someone who wasn't an atheist since I have been conditioned into hating religion. 

If you want to know something about a girl just ask her instead of what you're doing. Most girls don't like it when boys don't show they have the balls to ask something risky without blatently evidential fear.

Sources: actual female

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Is she real this time? Ie, within the 15miles range?
helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts
Just ask her. What's the big deal. Ask her casually if she is religious.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#36 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
[QUOTE="Kevlar101"][QUOTE="LZ71"]Things didn't work out with the other girl, Kevlar? And I mean, asking if she is religious isn't inherently bad or anything. It's all in how you do it though. Just inserting into a conversation out of the blue might come off as odd or intrusive. If you can find a subtler way to do it, that'd be best. But in reality, most people wouldn't take offense to you asking, so don't make a big deal out of it.

And how is that related to the girl being religious? you're not trying to say that because the girl was religious and she betrayed you, every religious girl is the same, right?
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#37 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Kevlar101"] huh... I always thought that you were raised in a Muslim household...... I could have sworn that I saw you say it a few timesKevlar101

Well that clears it up :) Oh, when is an appropriate time to ask for her number ? We have talked a few times................................................................................................................

If you have talked a few times, you probably don't need to wait any longer. Giving that time won't do you any favors in the long run, anyway. Get those digits.