OK it's official: OT is kill.

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by lightleggy (15836 posts) -

Most of the topics in the 1st page are from 3 days ago or even 4. You rarely see new threads now, it takes A LOT and I mean A LOT of time for people to reply to a thread, when in the old site you could give it as much as 5 minutes for a thread to reach the 20 posts mark.

Part of me wishes that GS staff realizes and reverts the changes, the other part knows that it will never happen, there's no turning back now.

#2 Posted by one_plum (6302 posts) -

Sad but true. One of the reasons I joined this site a few years ago was the amount of activity on OT, but the boards have been seeing a decrease in activity which dates back before the makeover.

#3 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

I'm still "new" here. I'll try harder to reply more, if that helps.

#4 Edited by Toxic-Seahorse (4077 posts) -

The main thing is that the forums are so damn slow now and it is frustrating to navigate them. If they just sped up the loading times to where they were before the change it would be so much better. There are still a lot of other issues, but that's the biggest one for me. I don't even bother looking at some topics that don't immediately grab my attention because of how slow the forums are now.

#5 Posted by The-Apostle (12106 posts) -

Most of the topics in the 1st page are from 3 days ago or even 4. You rarely see new threads now, it takes A LOT and I mean A LOT of time for people to reply to a thread, when in the old site you could give it as much as 5 minutes for a thread to reach the 20 posts mark.

Part of me wishes that GS staff realizes and reverts the changes, the other part knows that it will never happen, there's no turning back now.

I've been waiting for the chance to say "I told you so".

Therefore..................

I told you so!

#6 Edited by THE_DRUGGIE (24921 posts) -

RIP in piece,

#7 Posted by lightleggy (15836 posts) -

The main thing is that the forums are so damn slow now and it is frustrating to navigate them. If they just sped up the loading times to where they were before the change it would be so much better. There are still a lot of other issues, but that's the biggest one for me. I don't even bother looking at some topics that don't immediately grab my attention because of how slow the forums are now.

The main issue for me is that there is no way to go to a specific post or quote. you have to scout the entire thread to find your quoted post.

#8 Posted by lightleggy (15836 posts) -

@The-Apostle: Why say it to me though? I was never a fan of the GB layout, in fact I expressed my hatred towards it multiple times.

#9 Edited by wis3boi (30885 posts) -
#10 Posted by THE_DRUGGIE (24921 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:

RIP in piece,

ATM machine

But I don't want to talk about the human centipede.

#11 Posted by Lone_Wolf_Lance (121 posts) -

Is there a reason to the forums getting slower?

#12 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4077 posts) -

None that I can think of. You'd think that by taking out so many features the old forums had it would be faster, but somehow that is not the case.

#13 Edited by s_h_a_d_o (1266 posts) -

Inept coders?

#14 Edited by picklesurprise (172 posts) -

This is what happens when you take something that already sucks and make it even shittier.

#15 Posted by DNA-Hole (36 posts) -

@lightleggy said:

I told you so!

Oh, goody goody gumdrops for you! Would you like a cookie as well?!

Damn, as much as I've seen some people piss and moan about the changes, they still post here.

#16 Edited by Iszdope (9403 posts) -

Totally necro dude!

#17 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4077 posts) -

@DNA-Hole said:

@The-Apostle said:

@lightleggy said:

I told you so!

Damn, as much as I've seen some people piss and moan about the changes, they still post here.

Long time users don't have the right to complain? It's either love it or leave? That doesn't make much sense.

#18 Edited by DNA-Hole (36 posts) -

@DNA-Hole said:

@The-Apostle said:

@lightleggy said:

I told you so!

Long time users don't have the right to complain? It's either love it or leave? That doesn't make much sense.

It's been a few weeks and people are STILL bitching and complaining? That's all I've seen from here. Jesus, it's like living with relatives who still whine about "the good ol' days." When does it become time to let it go?

#19 Posted by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -

i remember around the days of the xbox 360 launch, if you made a new topic, it doesnt matter what it was about, you would get a reply within 30 seconds flat.

#20 Edited by Toxic-Seahorse (4077 posts) -

@DNA-Hole said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@DNA-Hole said:

@The-Apostle said:

@lightleggy said:

I told you so!

It's been a few weeks and people are STILL bitching and complaining? That's all I've seen from here. Jesus, it's like living with relatives who still whine about "the good ol' days." When does it become time to let it go?

Why "let it go" when stuff can still be done about it? GS needs to know it's members are unhappy and giving up will just allow them to sweep the issues under the rug and wait until it all "blows over." No, they won't go back the the old site, but improvements can be made to make the forum better. Simply accepting it as-is isn't a good route to go.

#21 Edited by Lone_Wolf_Lance (121 posts) -

@lone_wolf_lance said:

Inept coders?

That's not what I meant. I mean like why don't users post as much and as frequent as they did before?

#22 Posted by dave123321 (33360 posts) -

Most seem happy with the changes I feel

#23 Posted by Netret0120 (1890 posts) -

I used to frequent OT but this new site is just a disaster to navigate and i lose focus for coming here.

GS messed up big with this new site. I can't even tell when i have a new message aanymore

#24 Edited by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

Most seem happy with the changes I feel

I don't see them.. even most of the mods are not too thrilled with it. So far the only benefit is the wide profile... And the awesome PM system. Besides that, it really has been a horrible upgrade.

#25 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149492 posts) -

To be fair OT slowed down way before the forum change.

#26 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10039 posts) -

yeah, it's kinda depressing really if you compare it to the amount of activity we had 3 or 4 years back. but then again nothing lasts right? not even the current abandoned OT is going to stay this way forever.

#27 Edited by Macutchi (3936 posts) -

the forums have pretty much died with the new site. the pc forum in particular is deserted.

more often than not you can choose a topic about half way down the page in ot and the last reply is likely to be at least 24 hours old. that was unheard of on the previous site

#28 Posted by 3eyedrazorback (16373 posts) -

I've been around quite some time on the site (9 years to be precise, yikes), and I've seen activity dip and rise. I have no fear, new blood will invigorate these forums.

#29 Posted by solidruss (23639 posts) -

It's a phase. Some people will leave and they will be replaced by a new group of users, or same users under a totally different name. What I don't understand is if people are that upset why still post here? Complaints won't change how the forums are basically, maybe some minor changes but nothing more.

#30 Edited by 4myAmuzumament (1743 posts) -

if they unbanned every single banned user, it would probably be more active.....

#31 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

But yeah the forums look like they're slowing down. Personally I like the new look of the forums but I wish they bring back the sigs.

#32 Posted by TAMKFan (32702 posts) -

I had the feeling this would happen with the new site. But perhaps things will get more active as the site improves.

#33 Posted by konvikt_17 (22100 posts) -

Until they implement a way to see how many new posts in a thread, and a way to go to first unread post in a thread, OT is dead to me!

not really, but come on GS. We NEED these two extremely useful features. why they were removed in the first place makes no sense.

#34 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3226 posts) -

Gamespot's own fault.

#35 Edited by Nick3306 (2554 posts) -

Until they implement a way to see how many new posts in a thread, and a way to go to first unread post in a thread, OT is dead to me!

not really, but come on GS. We NEED these two extremely useful features. why they were removed in the first place makes no sense.

It's not that they were removed, they were just never added. This is a completely new site.

#36 Edited by Diablo-B (4019 posts) -

When they fix the bugs on the site things will pick back up. I have been on a lot less because of the glitches.

#37 Posted by Oemenia (10216 posts) -

OT has been dead for about a year or two or now, the right-wing nutjobs have mellowed and people can see through their shallow arguments.

#38 Posted by sonicare (53438 posts) -

It's time for the Walking Dead.

#39 Edited by PiscesChick93 (10687 posts) -

To be fair the forums have been quiet for a while, not since the new site. Having said that, I do miss how active the forums used to be.

#40 Edited by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Yeah its kind of sad.

#41 Edited by Master_Live (13618 posts) -

I like that this place has become a ghost town. Some people, in this case GS management, need to learn the hard way. Hope it crashes and burn.

#42 Edited by the_plan_man (1543 posts) -

Agreed.

#43 Posted by Chevolutionary (23290 posts) -

Is there an election coming up soon? For some reason, right wing head cases flock to Gamespot whenever the US has an election, because the most obvious place to spread their political ideas is a video game forum.

In ye olden days, you could always spot them by their Ghost Recon avatars. Now that Tom Clancy has kicked the bucket maybe that will make a come back. Remember, God loves military technology, that's why he AMERICA.

Obama hates your freedom, because he's a Muslim!

9/11!

#44 Edited by hoola (6422 posts) -

I like the new layout. It looks better and is easier to use. I haven't found anything about it that I don't like, other than I can't get my signature to work.

#45 Posted by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

It's sad but they don't care.

#46 Edited by Bardock47 (5146 posts) -

Hopefully things will pick up. things did seem much more lively 2, 3 years ago then even before the changes. And in all fairness, they did just launch this new site. I'm sure shit will be sorted in time.

Either way, people will come back.

#47 Edited by 4myAmuzumament (1743 posts) -

maybe there just needs to be a boom in the gaming market. once the ps4 and xbone hit the shelves, we may slowly see new users come and stay.

#48 Posted by ShuLordLiuPei (9506 posts) -

'ot is kill'

'no'

#49 Posted by PsychoLemons (1913 posts) -

Needs working.

#50 Posted by Aquat1cF1sh (10847 posts) -

Yeah, agreed. I don't mind a lot of the changes to the forums, but my only main complaint is that the activity level around here took a sharp nosedive after the update. :/