This topic is locked from further discussion.

--Anna--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 --Anna--
Member since 2007 • 4636 Posts

Short thought ! Sign, It's so sad...that the members of today...can not have any idea about how life in the forums were back in the early 90's! Such, a different world....Intel best...no AMD takes control....Nvidia always king get dethroned by ATI! Best of all was the people and the free speech in all the forums...so smart..funny...so wise..such a different world! It's gone forever! Sad. Now mostly a world of trolls.

Let's wait for the trolls!

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

?????

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Are you really that old? If so then the quality of internet forums is the least of your concern if you have the energy to bitch about it at your age.

The time is more opportune for a midlife crisis and an affair.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Nostalgic for a forum.

You need to go out more.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

@--Anna--: nah...in the 90s the internet in my place was through the sluggish dial-up internet,even in cyber cafés,forum life must've been very miserable and barren,considering that not many people used it at that timeline...now it's all about prosperity and go-for-broke situation.

1993 was the year I was born in,so I don't see myself old by age number,but physically,funny how life is the other way around where hipsters look older than their age,and the elders are as young as teenagers

--Anna--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 --Anna--
Member since 2007 • 4636 Posts

@Smashbrossive50: No! After it was all said and done it was all about the people in the forum back then! For me, I'm RN at the local medical center...married and have a little girl. Life is great for me. Maybe, the next really frontier will be VR....it's just in it's baby stage, but soon enough it will the next big thing. Where people who are into it will be helping other people.

Cheers,

P.S. Yes I'm that old.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

Then contribute something ffs.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8  Edited By BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

i kind of feel what you're saying

but then again dial-up ... Good lord that shit was slow as ****

And there was no such thing as tabs, dude. Remember you had to open a new browser instead of a new tab? It was really taxing on the connection, having 5 internet explorers open, which further compounded the problem with dial-up speeds. You had to be strategic about your surfing, keeping everything as minimalist as possible. That really detracted from the experience.

Also the websites, man they were ugly as hell. The only eye-candy was 18-bit sprites of little torches, little rainbows and little skulls. Everything looked laughable at best. x)

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

@--Anna--: my statement stands,and it must be true that people back then are too efficient in internet usage,given than the internet strength is from a house phone,and not prepaid routers or advanced ISPs. People back then also waited long enough to revolute the internet connection up until this day where nearly all of the people can use that thing,even if it's a long way from urbanization.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

1993 was good times, I was a sophomore in college, music was good, people were not tied to computers, Clinton was president, the X-Files was about to start its run, and the United States was still the best country in the world (changed at the end of the decade).