Obama Supporters Actually Hate Obama's Policies

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by weedfacekilla (435 posts) -

see it and weep

EDIT:

lol for got the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skw-0jv9kts&feature=plcp

#2 Posted by Serraph105 (28275 posts) -

see it and weep

EDIT:

lol for got the link

weedfacekilla
I'm not a fan of the NDAA. I do however appreciate his push for green energy, his steps towards cheaper internet for underprivileged families, his standards for mpg, among many other things.
#3 Posted by Serraph105 (28275 posts) -

I haven't watched the video btw I'm just saying there are things I like along with the things I don't.

#4 Posted by hoola (6422 posts) -

Yep, and Romney supporters actually hate Romney policies. People put too much trust into the cozy words coming out of a politicians mouth.

#5 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

There always has been an element of the population that has voted for him just because of his celebrity status.

#6 Posted by Barbariser (6733 posts) -

The most important ones that he implemented, the ARA and ACA, were definitely lackadaisical from a leftist's standpoint. I've read some arguments which suggest that it was the political situation rather than Obama's personal ideas which forced the Democrats to use such horribly crippled bills to solve such significant problems, but it doesn't matter because those are what they got anyway. Anyway the election was primarily determined by base voters, of which the Democrats managed to get way more of where they counted.

#7 Posted by jimkabrhel (15422 posts) -

Oh good weedfacekilla is back. He might be a good replacement for Hokie.

#8 Posted by dave123321 (34196 posts) -

jimkabrhel
Too out there
#10 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13627 posts) -

Am I the only person that can disagree/agree with what a president does without being a fanatic?

I am a Libertarian and I don't think obama is evil or destroying the country or whatever.

I do believe that the federal government has way too much power and it needs to be limited severely.

#11 Posted by ristactionjakso (5795 posts) -

[QUOTE="weedfacekilla"]

see it and weep

EDIT:

lol for got the link

Serraph105

I'm not a fan of the NDAA. I do however appreciate his push for green energy, his steps towards cheaper internet for underprivileged families, his standards for mpg, among many other things.

LOL, ya at the tax payers expense. How many have gone bakrupt already, even tho Obama fed them billions? Solyndra, LSP energy, Solar Trust of America, Bright Source, Energy Conversion Devices, Abound Solar, Sun Power, Beacon Power, Ecotality, A 123 Solar, Uni Solar, Azur Dynamics, Evergreen Solar, Ener1.

Good investments there.

#12 Posted by jimkabrhel (15422 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

dave123321

Too out there

Is your AV in tribute to Hokie?

#13 Posted by dave123321 (34196 posts) -

[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

jimkabrhel

Too out there

Is your AV in tribute to Hokie?

yes. As is the sig
#15 Posted by Serraph105 (28275 posts) -

[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="weedfacekilla"]

see it and weep

EDIT:

lol for got the link

ristactionjakso

LOL, ya at the tax payers expense. How many have gone bakrupt already, even tho Obama fed them billions? Solyndra, LSP energy, Solar Trust of America, Bright Source, Energy Conversion Devices, Abound Solar, Sun Power, Beacon Power, Ecotality, A 123 Solar, Uni Solar, Azur Dynamics, Evergreen Solar, Ener1.

Good investments there.

yeah, I'm not going to get into a discussion with a person who is determined to ignore the full context of the situation so that you can continue your own view on the matter.
#16 Posted by Blue-Sky (10334 posts) -

Maybe people voted for Obama for his domestic policies?

#17 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36845 posts) -

for got

weedfacekilla

Surely you jest

#18 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Welcome to politics, where the candidate with the greatest amount of charisma, biggest promises and most popular religious viewpoint gets elected over people with the most sensible and realistic platforms.
#19 Posted by Serraph105 (28275 posts) -
Welcome to politics, where the candidate with the greatest amount of charisma, biggest promises and most popular religious viewpoint gets elected over people with the most sensible and realistic platforms.Zeviander
well in this base it was more like Obama had a platform and Romney refused to state his.
#20 Posted by ristactionjakso (5795 posts) -

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

[QUOTE="Serraph105"] I'm not a fan of the NDAA. I do however appreciate his push for green energy, his steps towards cheaper internet for underprivileged families, his standards for mpg, among many other things. Serraph105

Good investments there.

yeah, I'm not going to get into a discussion with a person who is determined to ignore the full context of the situation so that you can continue your own view on the matter.

lol, full context being energy independent.......while we buy foriegn oil and deny anyone who wants to drill on American soil, and deny pipelines from Canada...OBAMA!!!!

#21 Posted by super600 (30807 posts) -

Welcome to politics, where the candidate with the greatest amount of charisma, biggest promises and most popular religious viewpoint gets elected over people with the most sensible and realistic platforms.Zeviander

Romey was the former while Obama was the latter.

#22 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

lol I can imagine.

#23 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zeviander"]Welcome to politics, where the candidate with the greatest amount of charisma, biggest promises and most popular religious viewpoint gets elected over people with the most sensible and realistic platforms.super600

Romey was the former while Obama was the latter.

Yeah, did the person who wrote that not realize Romney is a Mormon who pretty much promised the universe if he was elected?

He wasn't particularly charismatic compared to Obama though, I think he had a tendency to slip up much more.

#24 Posted by VanHelsingBoA64 (5455 posts) -
as soon as kc_hokie has to leave weedfacekilla starts posting again what a coincidence.
#25 Posted by weedfacekilla (435 posts) -
[QUOTE="VanHelsingBoA64"]as soon as kc_hokie has to leave weedfacekilla starts posting again what a coincidence.

lol, i always get accused of having multiple accounts
#26 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4040 posts) -

[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]LOL, ya at the tax payers expense. How many have gone bakrupt already, even tho Obama fed them billions? Solyndra, LSP energy, Solar Trust of America, Bright Source, Energy Conversion Devices, Abound Solar, Sun Power, Beacon Power, Ecotality, A 123 Solar, Uni Solar, Azur Dynamics, Evergreen Solar, Ener1.

Good investments there.

ristactionjakso

lol, full context being energy independent.......while we buy foriegn oil and deny anyone who wants to drill on American soil, and deny pipelines from Canada...OBAMA!!!!

There isn't a significant amount of oil to drill here.

Education is key here.

#27 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6420 posts) -

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

[QUOTE="Serraph105"] yeah, I'm not going to get into a discussion with a person who is determined to ignore the full context of the situation so that you can continue your own view on the matter.MakeMeaSammitch

Education is key here.

Thats false with new technology like the improved shale drilling we have a ton
#28 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4040 posts) -

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]lol, full context being energy independent.......while we buy foriegn oil and deny anyone who wants to drill on American soil, and deny pipelines from Canada...OBAMA!!!!

AdamPA1006

Education is key here.

Thats false with new technology like the improved shale drilling we have a ton

again.....education....

#29 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6420 posts) -

What the hell are you talking about?

#30 Posted by DroidPhysX (17093 posts) -
Unfortunately for cons, domestic drilling does little at the pump.
#31 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4040 posts) -

Do you really think that increased drilling is going to make any real dent in this countries oil intake?

At max, anwr has something like 1/2 of 1% of what this country uses daily.

It would make much more sense to explore alternatives when data like that is available.

#32 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6420 posts) -

Do you really think that increased drilling is going to make any real dent in this countries oil intake?

It would make much more sense to explore alternatives when data like that is available.

MakeMeaSammitch
Well yeah its not gonna influence our intake/usage but we increased drilling of natural gas a lot and the price dropped. Dont know what anwr is. We have a lot of oil, like I said with new technologies we have way more than we ever dreamed of. And of course we can use and focus on alternative and greener energy but there is no way this country is gonna come of oil. Things like planes will need oil I dont there there can be an electric plane yet atleast. so we need all the oil we can get there is no reason not to use it and to rely on other countries
#33 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -
lol, barry obama history will not be kind on that man
#34 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4040 posts) -

AdamPA1006

Well yeah its not gonna influence our intake/usage but we increased drilling of natural gas a lot and the price dropped. Dont know what anwr is. We have a lot of oil, like I said with new technologies we have way more than we ever dreamed of. And of course we can use and focus on alternative and greener energy but there is no way this country is gonna come of oil. Things like planes will need oil I dont there there can be an electric plane yet atleast. so we need all the oil we can get there is no reason not to use it and to rely on other countries

no, we've pretty much got 95% of our oil tapped now.

can't dig for more if it ain't there.

#35 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151691 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"]lol, barry obama history will not be kind on that man

But OT will.....he can be proud of that.
#36 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6420 posts) -

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

MakeMeaSammitch

http://news.yahoo.com/u-overtake-saudi-top-oil-producer-iea-132331660.html New article just posted today
#37 Posted by DroidPhysX (17093 posts) -

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"] Well yeah its not gonna influence our intake/usage but we increased drilling of natural gas a lot and the price dropped. Dont know what anwr is. We have a lot of oil, like I said with new technologies we have way more than we ever dreamed of. And of course we can use and focus on alternative and greener energy but there is no way this country is gonna come of oil. Things like planes will need oil I dont there there can be an electric plane yet atleast. so we need all the oil we can get there is no reason not to use it and to rely on other countriesAdamPA1006

http://news.yahoo.com/u-overtake-saudi-top-oil-producer-iea-132331660.html New article just posted today

hll still won't do a damn at the gas pump
#38 Posted by dave123321 (34196 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="MrPraline"]lol, barry obama history will not be kind on that man

But OT will.....he can be proud of that.

#39 Posted by dave123321 (34196 posts) -
[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]no, we've pretty much got 95% of our oil tapped now.

DroidPhysX

hll still won't do a damn at the gas pump

Maybe we can show are displeasure with our wallets. Ride bikes. Carpool. Live off the land
#40 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6420 posts) -

Why do you think increasing domestic oil production wouldnt reduce gas prices? It did for natural gas. The government can effect the price of gas, especially with taxes. And dont use the argument "it wont help till like 6 years down the road" people have been saying that for like 15 years if we just did it in the first place back then

#41 Posted by DaBrainz (7682 posts) -
rable rable rable illegal war rable rable rable patriot act rable rable rable gitmo It is AMAZING how all these things were headline issues when Bush was president but they aren't now. Damn liberals were crying over this stuff last decade.
#42 Posted by weedfacekilla (435 posts) -
[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]rable rable rable illegal war rable rable rable patriot act rable rable rable gitmo It is AMAZING how all these things were headline issues when Bush was president but they aren't now. Damn liberals were crying over this stuff last decade.

Barack Obama is George Bush on steroids
#43 Posted by DroidPhysX (17093 posts) -

Why do you think increasing domestic oil production wouldnt reduce gas prices? It did for natural gas. The government can effect the price of gas, especially with taxes. And dont use the argument "it wont help till like 6 years down the road" people have been saying that for like 15 years if we just did it in the first place back then

AdamPA1006

The energy industry is extremely complex. So moar drilling will not equate to lower gas prices. Sh!t, the AP already put out a 36 year study that concluded more domestic drilling does not equate to relief for drivers getting gas.

#44 Posted by Genetic_Code (13125 posts) -
I think it's funny how people say they don't like Obamacare, but when they're asked to specify what parts they don't like, they can't name any, other than the first five letters of its unofficial name, which reminds me that they don't even know what it's actually called.
#45 Posted by mattbbpl (10721 posts) -
I think it's funny how people say they don't like Obamacare, but when they're asked to specify what parts they don't like, they can't name any, other than the first five letters of its unofficial name, which reminds me that they don't even know what it's actually called.Genetic_Code
I've met a few, but they've all been of the Libertarian "Repeal the 1986 Emergency Medical Care and Active Labor Act" cloth.
#46 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]

DroidPhysX

The energy industry is extremely complex. So moar drilling will not equate to lower gas prices. Sh!t, the AP already put out a 36 year study that concluded more domestic drilling does not equate to relief for drivers getting gas.

Facts should never be allowed to stand in the way of rhetoric.
#47 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -
[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]rable rable rable illegal war rable rable rable patriot act rable rable rable gitmo It is AMAZING how all these things were headline issues when Bush was president but they aren't now. Damn liberals were crying over this stuff last decade.

Iraq war has been shut down. Gitmo was cockblocked by republicans. Fvck Obama for the patriot act, tho.
#48 Posted by Ernesto_basic (2123 posts) -

I think it's funny how people say they don't like Obamacare, but when they're asked to specify what parts they don't like, they can't name any, other than the first five letters of its unofficial name, which reminds me that they don't even know what it's actually called.Genetic_Code

I don't like the individual mandate (Commerce Clause be damned,) the rationing of healthcare that it brings, and what the fact that it will eventually destroy the private insurance industry.

#49 Posted by CptJSparrow (10897 posts) -
Look up studies on how people vote based on looks.
#50 Posted by Person0 (2944 posts) -
Most polls have shown that people like the individual parts of Obamacare (except the individual mandate) but once asked if they support Obamacare they drastically lower their support for the same provisions. Fox news and Right-wing media is to blame